• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interesting.

I wonder if this could mean that a major leak is coming soon. (Maybe not from Verge or Sabi, but possibly another source entirely?)
I doubt it. Again, Nintendo has quintupled up on leakers since E3 and anybody dumb enough to full on leak 5 or anything else would more than likely have their ass converted into a sleeping bag by Nintendo. For example, if Cacomallow winds up being true, they're going to find the guy, point blank.

D

Deleted member

So, what would you guys think Lloyd’s alternate colors/costumes would be?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
personally leaning towards palettes of the other ToS party members

andree123

Smash Ace
If Bamco won't allow Sakurai and the team Lloyd to have his hair recolored, we may see all the recolors used in Tales of Versus and along with new ones made for smash ultimate.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice

Yeah it seems like the most natural thing would be colors that reference other party members. Although, I'm sure they could also throw in some of his classic costumes, especially if they don't want to change up his hair color or anything.

But I'd definitely like to see in the style of Joker and Shulk, where his clothes and hair reference the party members in full. Mostly because a Colette palette would be pretty funny. Or with bright red hair and a hot pink outfit for Zelos.

D

Deleted member

Played Tales of Symphonia with friends years ago have fond memories of it and always liked Lloyd you have my support as well.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Tales of is renowned for its many costume that the characters can unlock, and we all know Sakurai loves to focus on details and references to please the fans.
Even if we all agree that Sakurai is too shy about the number of costumes the characters in the base roster could have, I think it's a different story for the DLC, especially for the DLC.

I mean, Sakurai went full fanservice by implanting new skins and voice clips for the heroes, wich is certainly more time-consuming to develop than simple costumes. DLC are special cases, since we actually buy them and that the developing team are more focused on characters since the game is already finished, polished and released.

So yeah, even if it's not sure, we still can expect Lloyd having a few (or eight) of his alternate costumes from the Tales of games.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So 18 new Switch SKUs were leaked on GameStop, which means a direct is soon. Hopefully one of them is a Tales game since the NoA ambassador said Tales news was coming.

Grotesque Floyd

Smash Rookie

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING /v/! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Floyd Irving (yes, THE Flop Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Floyd tempests into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! KOS-MOS HAS BEEN LEAKED BY JOHN GAMEXPLAIN! NINTENDO TOOK DOWN THE MOD WITH KOS-MOS! KOS-MOS BTFOS FLOYD!
“No!”
Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “John Gamexplain” KOS-MORONS, Floyd has earned Sakurai’s support. Ever heard of the interview where Sakurai said it would have to be him, and how the Tales team begged him to put Floyd in at some point? And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Floyd got a Mii costume in smash 4, exactly like King K. Rool? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Our Floyd, who art in Tower of Salvation, hallowed be thy name; thy Smash invitation come; thy will be done; on Battlefield as it is in Aselia. Give us this day our daily gel. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into Devil’s Arms; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING /v/! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Floyd Irving (yes, THE Flop Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Floyd tempests into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! KOS-MOS HAS BEEN LEAKED BY JOHN GAMEXPLAIN! NINTENDO TOOK DOWN THE MOD WITH KOS-MOS! KOS-MOS BTFOS FLOYD!
“No!”
Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “John Gamexplain” KOS-MORONS, Floyd has earned Sakurai’s support. Ever heard of the interview where Sakurai said it would have to be him, and how the Tales team begged him to put Floyd in at some point? And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Floyd got a Mii costume in smash 4, exactly like King K. Rool? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Our Floyd, who art in Tower of Salvation, hallowed be thy name; thy Smash invitation come; thy will be done; on Battlefield as it is in Aselia. Give us this day our daily gel. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into Devil’s Arms; but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
Please don't

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If Lloyd gets in what would be his up B? Would it be a good recovery or bad?

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Well, Lloyd is basically just a generic swordsman, so i would try looking into Marth's or Mii Swordfighter's Up-Special for reference.
I guess Heihachi is a generic martial arts guy.

Might as well make him a clone of Ryu.

See how stupid that mindset works?

Don't do it for Lloyd.

D

Deleted member

Lloyd would have a bunch of really cool moves possibly for up B.

I'm going to assume Rising Falcon or Tempest for it most likely.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Lloyd would have a bunch of really cool moves possibly for up B.

I'm going to assume Rising Falcon or Tempest for it most likely.
For me Tempest seems like a Nair, so I guess Rising Falcon.
Rising Falcon seems to work similar to Cross Chop, am I right?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've been wracking my brain with ideas for a Lloyd Irving Classic Mode Route.
  1. Characters who use more than one weapon, but I don't think there are enough of these. Ganon is a boss who fits this, but the only dual wielding playables are the Pits.
  2. Swords, but that's Roy. While Banjo & Kazooie were basically Icies 2, there's at least some difference.
  3. Angels, but there's only three relevant angelic characters. Also kinda steps on Bayo's toes as well as Bayonetta's.
  4. The 8 elements from Symphonia, but then the Bonus game interferes.
  5. Party members, but that's the Spirit Board Lloyd would come with.
  6. Characters who cook, but food is already a theme for Kirby's route.
  7. The progression of Symphonia, but how to factor that in would be brutal.
  8. References to other Tales games, which is basically what Joker did. Maybe?
  9. Fire & Ice, referencing the Material Blades, but I don't think there are enough natural ice users. Icies, Hero, Giga Bowser...
I dunno, I have no clue. With everybody else there's a clear picture in my head but I can't think of anything for Lloyd.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If I'm correct, in Symphonia you could link normals to specials.
What if Lloyd gets an attack cancel mechanic similar to Terry? Would it be broken?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
In theory. But its always possible to design it in a way that keeps it from being too much.

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
If I'm correct, in Symphonia you could link normals to specials.
And Lloyd has a Compound EX Skill "Sky Attack" in Symphonia that allows him to use, e.g. Rising Falcon after Omega Tempest. Instead of using Rising Falcon and having him jump first then charge, he skips the first half of the animation and will do the attack instantly.

BorderGuardian

Smash Rookie
Made some alts for Lloyd based on the Symphonia party members. I wonder how they would go about it if they were to use his party members, as there are only 8 available slots.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Made some alts for Lloyd based on the Symphonia party members. I wonder how they would go about it if they were to use his party members, as there are only 8 available slots.
These are really good! I’m particularly fond of the Colette and Kratos alts, good job!

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
So the next reveal is coming Thursday, here’s hoping our boy doesn’t get costume’d at the least.

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
I'm so hyped af. I hope Lloyd will appear!

I like the Kratos alt.

D

Deleted member

They are really great costumes.

A of them are great for sure.

Lloyd should have them all of he gets in.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I think there's legitimate hope for him tomorrow. Just gotta hope he doesn't show up in the Mii Costume reveals.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If it's not Lloyd, I'm guessing it's 2B which will likely have the Chocobo and Geno costumes along with Nier costumes(and maybe another Square IP like a Chrono outfit).

Top Bottom