• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
obviously Lloyd's stage will be Yggdrasil's Altar

ibeevil

Smash Rookie
I'm a big Lloyd fan that doesn't use Smashboards at all but since I feel so confident Lloyd is gonna be in (whether it's fighter 5 or later) I think I should immortalize my name here. Here's hoping he's in and most importantly fun to play. Cheers fellas :)

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Really hope he's post-pass. I really need a new character to play and he'd fit me so well :(

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Update:
So it seems like Lloyd is not next.
Honestly it is all good. A lot of us thought Lloyd would make more sense post pass anyways. Keep in mind guys, even if we get a Bandai Namco rep, his costume won't necessarily be included. Geno's wasn't included with Hero, so there is a good chance his won't be included if the next one is Bandai Namco. That being said, I'm going to bet on either Nightmare or Dark Souls rep for FP 5.

andree123

Smash Ace
Hmmm, if the bamco trademarked Tales of save icon sounds like the Tales of series is getting a fighter, it might be the first post pass 3rd party fighter as most people think.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i'm confused, what happened that suddenly took lloyd out of the running?

andree123

Smash Ace
i'm confused, what happened that suddenly took lloyd out of the running?
Sabi is saying that Lloyd is not fp5, but he also stated that he might be one of the first post fighters pass fighters.
Edit: there is a chance that sabi might be wrong about lloyd or any other Tales of rep not being fp5.

Last edited:

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Sabi is saying that Lloyd is not fp5, but he also stated that he might be the first post fighters pass fighter.
Not necessarily first, just post-FP.

I would like to point out as an aside that Scott's tweet about an NDA came only after we learned about the post-pass fighters. We may have a while to wait yet - or we might not

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Harsh news, but I’m not too surprised given the circumstances, though it really makes me wonder just who the heck the last fighter is and why anyone refuses to at least hint at them. My only guesses at this point are Phoenix Wright, Chosen Undead, or a character from a new company that will blow everyone away like Kratos, Geralt, Dragonborn or Sol Badguy.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm sorry but. Who the hell is that guy?

Also an honest to goodness question... How do you get these guys slammed by Nintendo or whomever if they actually are leaking confirmations/deconfirmations? Might sound huffy of me, but I'm tired of seeing these people being so tongue-in-cheek about this content. Attention seekers. The lot of them.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but. Who the hell is that guy?

Also an honest to goodness question... How do you get these guys slammed by Nintendo or whomever if they actually are leaking confirmations/deconfirmations? Might sound huffy of me, but I'm tired of seeing these people being so tongue-in-cheek about this content. Attention seekers. The lot of them.
What I've read is that he's a gaming journalist with insider information. We'll see soon enough how solid his sources are

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i dont like how people treat this person's words like gospel either but i wouldnt go so far as to report him to nintendo, given their history of disproportionate legal responses

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If Lloyd isn’t the fifth fighter for certain, can the thread title be temporary changed to “Lloyd didn’t survive the slaughter” for a week? It’s just funny.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I’m pretty sure that’s coming with the release of the 5th fighter. I don’t know if mii costumes mean anything after the pass.
Even if you *think* that, there's no proof until it actually happens. So just wait.
And we can't change the title without blueneuron anyway. He's been gone for some time.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
In the case it's not a Namco character at all? It's not like there's a definite conclusion here.
Look, the pass was made and planned way before its announcement, before they knew that the pass would be successful enough to continue the development for new content. Sakurai made several comments about how it was unexpected that he would continue the development of smash ultimate post-pass. They must have at least some Namco representation or plans in the pass.

The Terry direct also had comments about Namco reps and how Pac-Man was their only rep in the game. This behavior was extremely odd because none of the directs have mentioned or talked about other company’s reps before.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Look, the pass was made and planned way before its announcement, before they knew that the pass would be successful enough to continue the development for new content. Sakurai made several comments about how it was unexpected that he would continue the development of smash ultimate post-pass. They must have at least some Namco representation or plans in the pass.

The Terry direct also had comments about Namco reps and how Pac-Man was their only rep in the game. This behavior was extremely odd because none of the directs have mentioned or talked about other company’s reps before.
"Must have" isn't good enough. There isn't some sort of rule that dictates there must have been a Namco character. If we were in the position, we wouldn't have been waiting this long for our second.
Those Terry comments were about Namco reps, but well after additional DLC was planned. The Namco character potentially alluded to could easily be post-pass.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
"Must have" isn't good enough. There isn't some sort of rule that dictates there must have been a Namco character. If we were in the position, we wouldn't have been waiting this long for our second.
Those Terry comments were about Namco reps, but well after additional DLC was planned. The Namco character potentially alluded to could easily be post-pass.
And Sakurai talked about xenoblade 2 way before the announcement of post-pass fighters. You know the man, he is extremely biased on the games he has played and the guy will absolutely pick his favorites if he gets a chance. Why do you think Joker and Terry are in the game?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Are people seriously trying to twist this as a total deconfirmation of Lloyd when we know next to nothing about who is next and it could be anyone at this point?

Do people really want to see him gone this badly?

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Are people seriously trying to twist this as a total deconfirmation of Lloyd when we know next to nothing about who is next and it could be anyone at this point?

Do people really want to see him gone this badly?
I think Lloyd is still likely even with the costume in mind. The post-pass fighters need to break the rules of the pass to generate a massive pile of golden coins.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I think Lloyd is still likely even with the costume in mind. The post-pass fighters need to break the rules of the pass to generate a massive pile of golden coins.
It makes zero sense to make a DLC costume only to make the character playable later on. In that case, why bother making the costume in the first place? Why not make a costume of another character who isn't going to be playable? By that logic, Sans still has a shot of becoming a playable character. It's just unnecessary.

Also, there's is no evidence that Lloyd's costume is going to be coming with FP5, regardless if they are from Bamco or not. We've got nothing to go off of so the best thing we can do now is wait til TGA. Not saying you can't speculate about it but don't treat it as if you've seen the future and you know what's bound to happen.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
And Sakurai talked about xenoblade 2 way before the announcement of post-pass fighters. You know the man, he is extremely biased on the games he has played and the guy will absolutely pick his favorites if he gets a chance. Why do you think Joker and Terry are in the game?
He's played a lot of games. The man has a goddamn museum. For all we know there's a hidden gem in his collection he's talked *nothing* about and that's who #5 is.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It makes zero sense to make a DLC costume only to make the character playable later on. In that case, why bother making the costume in the first place? Why not make a costume of another character who isn't going to be playable? By that logic, Sans still has a shot of becoming a playable character. It's just unnecessary.

Also, there's is no evidence that Lloyd's costume is going to be coming with FP5, regardless if they are from Bamco or not. We've got nothing to go off of so the best thing we can do now is wait til TGA. Not saying you can't speculate about it but don't treat it as if you've seen the future and you know what's bound to happen.
They could use a different protagonist for the “tales of” series, like the recent protagonist.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Its been awhile since I last posted on this board. Things have been very hectic lately thats for sure. Even though Lloyd’s off the table for #5, I’m more certain than before that he’s coming. Fatman has a huge pile of evidence (and he still hasnt shared much of it :/ ), and if his theory on 6 and 7 being costume upgrades holds true, Lloyd and Geno are probably the first post pass. I dont think Heihachi has a great shot, nor Monster Hunter.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Its been awhile since I last posted on this board. Things have been very hectic lately thats for sure. Even though Lloyd’s off the table for #5, I’m more certain than before that he’s coming. Fatman has a huge pile of evidence (and he still hasnt shared much of it :/ ), and if his theory on 6 and 7 being costume upgrades holds true, Lloyd and Geno are probably the first post pass. I dont think Heihachi has a great shot, nor Monster Hunter.
Fatman isn’t trustworthy.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
And now, Verge is saying that Fighter 5 isn’t from Bamco. As if things couldn’t get any worse.

At least this means the costume likely won’t come back. Guess we’ll just have to hang in there a little longer.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
And now, Verge is saying that Fighter 5 isn’t from Bamco. As if things couldn’t get any worse.

At least this means the costume likely won’t come back. Guess we’ll just have to hang in there a little longer.
On one hand, I feel kinda bad for Bamco, considering they if Vergeben is to be believed they would have been jipped AGAIN if not for additional DLC. On the other hand, like you said, unless the next character is a sword fighter or they decide to randomly drop it here, Lloyd has a good shot to be avoided again for a mii costume. Still think a Bamco character must be coming post pass considering all Bamco costumes are still MIA. Oh well, time will tell. Usually I would say who I'm predicting next for FP 5, but honestly at this point I have literally no clue lol.

Top Bottom