• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So Hayabusa, Crash, Tracer, Scoprion Geno, Doom Slayer, Gordon, Dante, Nippon Ichi, and Resident Evil are out now. Man this is one tense speculation period for Ultimate right now.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
So Hayabusa, Crash, Tracer, Scoprion Geno, Doom Slayer, Gordon, Dante, Nippon Ichi, and Resident Evil are out now. Man this is one tense speculation period for Ultimate right now.
Man... today was a terrible day for Capcom fans (other than Pheonix fans). Like the two franchises people thought were front runners for FP #5 , both of which have a ton of fans, got deconfirmed for FP #5 in the span of 24 hours. One of which probably is also deconfirmed for the next pass. Like dang, today was BRUTAL. On the other hand, the fact that entire list suspiciously doesn't have ANY Namco reps fills me with optimism for our boy. I was skeptical on the idea of him being a VGA reveal, but at this point, I'm starting to warm up to that idea. Especially if they link it to Tales of Arise (kinda like Hero was linked to DQ 11S). Either way, I'm excited now. Hope this means good things for Lloyd.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Everything keeps looking up and up for Lloyd. Hopefully Sakurai doesn't hit us with a random disconfirmation or something, but as long as that doesn't happen, I think Lloyd will be next.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
The way you guys talk about it, it makes the deconfirming process sound like the Hunger Games. Or one of those last man standing Mario Party minigames.

Aaaaaand now I'm imagining Mario making potential newcomers fight for a spot in Mario Party

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
The way you guys talk about it, it makes the deconfirming process sound like the Hunger Games. Or one of those last man standing Mario Party minigames.

Aaaaaand now I'm imagining Mario making potential newcomers fight for a spot in Mario Party
Mildly off-topic, but if they ever make a Super Smash Kart or Super Smash Tennis or whatever, I've always liked the idea of the "plot" being that Mario is throwing a party for a variety of characters who haven't been able to get into Smash Bros yet. Like, you get core protagonists, but featuring a lot of slightly-more-osbcure not-Smash characters for all first and third parties. Lyn instead of Marth, Mew instead of MewTwo, Viridi instead of Palutena, Tom Nook instead of Isabelle, Chun-Li instead of Ryu, the DQV Hero instead of all the ones we got, the ambiguously-canon P3 Heroine instead of Joker, Yuri instead of the eventual Lloyd, etc...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Technically Geno, Doom Slayer, Crash, Hayabusa, Tracer, and Scoprion are out for FP5 but not entirely. But Gordon and Dante though? I don't know. For the record about Dante: developers can lie to people when they're under a NDA.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Don't know if it's been posted here, but Fatman says Lloyd or Nightmare for fighter 5. Apparently Lloyd and Geno are leagues ahead of the other characters going around in insider circles. I've said it since e3, the mii glitch is for Lloyd. I'm gonna feel so vindicated if he's number 5 afterall.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don't know if it's been posted here, but Fatman says Lloyd or Nightmare for fighter 5. Apparently Lloyd and Geno are leagues ahead of the other characters going around in insider circles. I've said it since e3, the mii glitch is for Lloyd. I'm gonna feel so vindicated if he's number 5 afterall.
I'm praying for Nightmare as I'm a big Soul Calibur fanboy. But I'm also rooting for you guys as if Nightmare doesn't make it, I'll be happy for y'all that you guys finally get Lloyd.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sabi is currently investigation if the next fighter is Lloyd.

Let's see what happens...

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind guys, even if Sabi says he is not FP #5, he still has a ton going for him post pass. Battle is not over until a mii costume comes out. That being said, if it isn't a tales rep, I am actually wondering what franchise FP 5 is... maybe Soul Caliber or Dark Souls.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I got lucky for this game.
5 out of 10 of my top 10 most wanted characters made it into Ultimate's base game (:ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultdarksamus::ultsimon:).
Then the 6th one joined via DLC in the Fighters Pass (:ultbanjokazooie:).

With those 6 as fighters, and with my other 3 as non-playable characters (Bandana Dee: spirit, Isaac: Assist Trophy, Medusa: spirit), Lloyd currently remains unaccounted for.

I'm hoping he gets added, whether as Character #5 in the Fighters Pass, or as a post-Fighters Pass character.

Fingers crossed.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
1574894886973.png

It’s getting tense
Edit: it’s not clear as to where this message is even real as it is not on sabi’s Twitter.

Ok, confirmed to be fake tweet, disregard.

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i dont understand anything that's going on right now tbh

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well Ubisoft and Falcom are eliminated in Verge/Sabi/Nintendo's Musical chairs now.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Posted a bit in the previous Lloyd threads, though never got around to this one till now, but longtime Tales fan here, and with how things are still looking up for him, especially now, just want to say I remain hopeful as well. While there's still some others I'd love to have like Doomguy, with all the other wanted characters I've already gotten this game, I'd be satisfied & content enough if Lloyd happened to be the last one. Having some Symphonia tracks like Fatalize added which I'm nostalgic for would be great too.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I've been unable to decide if Lloyd's Final Smash would be a unison attack or Falcon's Crest. I just realized, unison attacks can be his special mechanic

Similar to Cloud, every time his unison attack meter fills up, he could have one of his special attacks boosted by one of his allies.

... Okay, maybe it has a lot in common with Limit Break, but it would still be extremely aesthetically pleasing

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I was just thinking, do you guys think it’s possible for Lloyd to be able to perform double artes in his moveset? Like as in those artes that combine two individual ones and are performed right after the other? I’m just saying this because I’m getting kinda tired of seeing people say that Lloyd wouldn’t be unique. I’m sure Sakurai could find a way to make him different from every other swordsman if he could make Terry different from Ryu.

Gigaeel

Smash Rookie
I was just thinking, do you guys think it’s possible for Lloyd to be able to perform double artes in his moveset? Like as in those artes that combine two individual ones and are performed right after the other? I’m just saying this because I’m getting kinda tired of seeing people say that Lloyd wouldn’t be unique. I’m sure Sakurai could find a way to make him different from every other swordsman if he could make Terry different from Ryu.
Arte combos are a start. Maybe he can chain normals into specials just like his games. Maybe even chain those special artes together if they connect. I feel like theyll incorporate overlimit somehow. Maybe like terry, over 100% he has overlimit and can combo his Artes. Idk man, He has much more to offer than just a swordsman.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
He has so many artes that it's hard to imagine how they could all be incorporated into just special moves. I could imagine maybe he'd have like a Base and Arcane arte assigned to each special input, depending on whether he was comboing into it or what. It's definitely hard to imagine him not being a super combo oriented character though, just given Tales being what it is.

I can see Sword Rain, Tiger Blade, Demon Fang, Rising Falcon, Tempest, Beast, all sorts of stuff being too good to pass up. And while I do think that it's not impossible for a Unison Attack to be on his kit somewhere, for my money he will 100% have Falcon's Crest. It's his Mystic Arte, and Mystic Artes are some of the most iconic Tales things out there. Like, I expect a full on cut-in and everything. I feel like it makes the most sense on his Final Smash, but honestly I wouldn't be completely shocked to see it be something you can somehow "combo" into, probably under really strict and specific circumstances.

Man, just thinking about the possibilities is pretty dang fun. I really hope that even if he doesn't make FP5, he'll be post-pass DLC.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've been telling ya'll since June that Lloyd is coming. Now here we are right before the finish line. I may have wanted Velvet, but Lloyd surely deserves it more. Hang in there Lloydbros!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I've been telling ya'll since June that Lloyd is coming. Now here we are right before the finish line. I may have wanted Velvet, but Lloyd surely deserves it more. Hang in there Lloydbros!
As long as we don't hear the gun being loaded up from Sabi.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
So far it’s been taking longer than every other deconfirmation so I’m remaining hopeful, but boy is the tension thick.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Idea for Lloyd's victory screens!

Each fighter gets three, right? Have him stand with a different group of his friends in each one. For example:

Pose 1: Raine, Regal, and Sheena
Pose 2: Zelos, Genis, and Presea
Pose 3: Colette and Kratos

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Velvet Crowe I wouldn’t of minded either, but she always seemed like a long shot compared to Lloyd.

Throw me on the supporter list whenever you guys get a chance :)
Was going to say this when I realized I forgot to in my last post, but then I saw the OP hasn’t been updated since literally a year ago... Nov 2018.

Maybe the thread starter hasn’t been active in awhile, IDK, but assuming Lloyd doesn’t get shot down as we get closer to TGA and stuff, I’ll remain as hopeful for him as I have recently.

StormC

Smash Hero
Lloyd is probably in my top 3 guesses for who they will reveal as fighter #5 for TGA.

Even if he's a no show there, I can see him easily be added to a season 2.

Gigaeel

Smash Rookie
Idea for Lloyd's victory screens!

Each fighter gets three, right? Have him stand with a different group of his friends in each one. For example:

Pose 1: Raine, Regal, and Sheena
Pose 2: Zelos, Genis, and Presea
Pose 3: Colette and Kratos AND NOISHE
FTFY.

I just hope they dont forget best cowardly boy Noishe

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Jumping in to show my support, especially since Lloyd is probably the character that would fit my playstyle most of virtually any other possible DLC character. Been wanting the guy since Brawl and glad it's looking up for him in general.

Top Bottom