• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So apparently there are rumours going around that KOS-MOS is going to be the next Bamco character. What are your thoughts on this? Personally, I would be fine, if not a little sad it’s not Lloyd but what can you really do at this point.
It was debunked. It was a prediction list.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, speculation is kind of hectic as I believe most people are just bored so stuff is being made up, we won’t have anything to go off of until probably terry’s release or one of the big time leakers (Vergeben, VRplant) say something.

Edit: So apparently vergeben has said that Hayabusa is NOT fighter 5 but discussions may have been had about him being in the dlc at a later point which has caused some confusion.

source -https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78102411?jumpto=107#107

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah dont believe anything from any rando /v/ or gamefaqs user lol. Please. Also funny how Verge piggybacks deconfirmations but has nothing to say about who IS in. At this point there should be a name of who it is if ppl are being able to hear who isn't, I just wish info dropped already somewhere :/

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I figured we’d get some definite names around early-mid November at the earliest. That seems likely considering terry is coming in that month.

The fact that this “big tales” news is still unknown gives me hope that something’s pointing in Lloyd’s direction

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
It's still a curious coincidence that just when something GS related happened within trademarks, we still got Isaac in some shape or form in Smash after not being at all in the last game. Honestly it's been almost a year since that happened and i do wonder if it really had to do with anything else at this point.
Considering the same didn't happen with Custom Robo or any other franchise for that matter, we definitely have not seen the outcome of that trademark. Dark Dawn was a similar case; they applied for a new GS trademark very far in advance, then when DD was officially revealed, they applied for an actual one for DD

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I've always believed Terry and the reveal of 5 would be on November 6th. November has Pokemon as the big release for the of November. And the Insiders already have some information on #5.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Considering the same didn't happen with Custom Robo or any other franchise for that matter, we definitely have not seen the outcome of that trademark. Dark Dawn was a similar case; they applied for a new GS trademark very far in advance, then when DD was officially revealed, they applied for an actual one for DD
Hell if we get something Golden Sun again I'm totally down for it, a proper remake combining 1 and 2 into one game would be awesome. If Tales of symphonia also gets something with these recent trademarks, i think there couldn't be a better timeline at this point haha.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
It was debunked. It was a prediction list.
Might need to remind people in the Newcomer speculation thread as I see KOSMOS is still being discussed as a leak (I’d look up the post to do it but currently stuck at work lol).
I’m thinking the next Bandai rep will 90% be Lloyd (or a Tales rep [please Velvet]) with a small chance of them going crazy and doing Digimon due to its rise in popularity again these recent years.

andree123

Smash Ace
Something I was curious about because I've seen people on other sites bring it up would be the "Tales of Series" trademark that Bandai Namco recently made. Is it possible that this was for the recent Bandai Namco Festival held on Oct. 19/20?

A number of musical performances were held based on the Tales series, and it was specifically advertised as being a part of the "Tales of Series". People have been bringing this up as some point in a Tales character's favor for some reason, I'm not exactly sure if it was Smash-related.
The "Tales of series" name was trademarked for a event, the icon remains unknown but it still has a potential chance to be a icon for a Tales of series fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Might need to remind people in the Newcomer speculation thread as I see KOSMOS is still being discussed as a leak (I’d look up the post to do it but currently stuck at work lol).
I’m thinking the next Bandai rep will 90% be Lloyd (or a Tales rep [please Velvet]) with a small chance of them going crazy and doing Digimon due to its rise in popularity again these recent years.
I still see it as posible that Bamco might try and push Digimon as representation for their Bandai side but, given that Nintendo and Sakurai have been said to have made the decisions, I don't know if that would come into play at all. Regardless, though, KosMos over their actually well known franchises would be pretty weird.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Interesting… Well I do really wonder what the hell tales of news are gonna be about now, lol. If they didnt use the tales of series logo as it looked in the trademark that means they trademarked it for a different reason that wasn't related to this event… the plot thickens guys! At this point it's either smash or something big tales gonna be announced at TGA in my opinion.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Interesting… Well I do really wonder what the hell tales of news are gonna be about now, lol. If they didnt use the tales of series logo as it looked in the trademark that means they trademarked it for a different reason that wasn't related to this event… the plot thickens guys! At this point it's either smash or something big tales gonna be announced at TGA in my opinion.
Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm not sure if this adds evidence but when that NOA source posts a hint or something it usually comes within a few weeks(I think). So something is definitely coming very soon and a Direct of some kind being released on the 1st week of November would fall in place for that.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon
Pretty much.

Wow, I had to look it up to be sure but it’s definitely not the same as the before mentioned logo, similar though.
Yep it's hella different. They way it's designed, the font, everything really is different. And they gotta use it at some point and soon imo, otherwise they would be wasting months of the trademark's life period for no reason, which is a stupid way of spending their money lol.

Edit: extra quote

I'm not sure if this adds evidence but when that NOA source posts a hint or something it usually comes within a few weeks(I think). So something is definitely coming very soon and a Direct of some kind being released on the 1st week of November would fall in place for that.
I haven't really counted the time but he does definitely not share stuff too far from happening. I can't tell how close tho as I have never counted the days in each case lol. He did hear about fat pikachu not too long ago and eventually, weeks or a month or two later we got the giant pikachu thing in SwSh.
It is really curious that we hear news for "Tales of" are coming literally the same day that the trademark thing became viral on twitter. Again, they really wouldnt waste months of a trademark without using it imo, that's just bad money spent then and they should just wait to trademark it as close as possible to its usage. Something will use that logo soon and it wasn't this event.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I will say, I will find it quite humourous if #5 does end up being Lloyd, in spite of KOS-MOS of all characters seeming more likely by virtue of having a "leak" by some people

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Just talking - assuming our boys in, which alt/color ways would you want to see?
obviously a Kratos alt (preferably second costume), a Luke alt, a Yuri alt, a Zelos alt, a Cress alt, an Asbel alt, a Guy alt, and a Stahn alt

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So what are your thoughts on this?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
There's also the fact that this is the social media manager of Bandai Namco's Latin America branch. I'm not entirely sure they'd be privy to this information at the moment.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
They’re definitely playing with some peoples feelings in that tweet, but I don’t think they’d actually know whose in or not, just trying to stir conversation I guess.

Edit: would this count as a deconfirmation? NDA’s and stuff?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I wouldn't think anything at all from this , lol.

Edit: … Did they get rid of the tweet!?

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
So glad to see this thread moving up in page numbers. One step closer to the boy getting his spot \o/

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know if the 3rd party character icons are trademarked? That’s be a clear giveaway to a tales character inclusion (assuming the save icon isnt for something else)

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
What was that tweet?
Also did the NOA source say something about Tales? I havent checked this board for awhile

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
What was that tweet?
Also did the NOA source say something about Tales? I havent checked this board for awhile
Iirc, the source said that “something big tales of” is coming but left it at that.

The tweet that was deleted was by Bandai Namco Latin America account and loosely alluded that people want Lloyd in smash but also kinda hinted at a soul caliber(?) and used a winking face.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What was that tweet?
Nothing new aside from the "tales news coming" back on the same day the new trademarks became viral. (weeks ago) He confirmed he knows nothing specific other than news are coming.

Crame Game

Smash Rookie
Iirc, the source said that “something big tales of” is coming but left it at that.

The tweet that was deleted was by Bandai Namco Latin America account and loosely alluded that people want Lloyd in smash but also kinda hinted at a soul caliber(?) and used a winking face.
Are you referring to the tweet that translated to "At the moment we have no official information. We suggest you stay tuned for more information. Regards. "? I looked it up and the tweet is still there.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Are you referring to the tweet that translated to "At the moment we have no official information. We suggest you stay tuned for more information. Regards. "? I looked it up and the tweet is still there.
There was another tweet that said something much more overt, and that was the one that got deleted. Several people on this page were linking to it, and now the tweet id for each link is bad

the new one you're referring to was posted after that one's deletion, probably at urging of higher-ups.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Terry's release might have been leaked as November 1st because the SNK copyright of this week's spirit event. Hoping it's finally time since considering the length between character releases which is 1.5 to months. Since Tales's anniversary is December 15th.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Terry's release might have been leaked as November 1st because the SNK copyright of this week's spirit event. Hoping it's finally time since considering the length between character releases which is 1.5 to months. Since Tales's anniversary is December 15th.
Doubtful that it's literally on the 1st. Online maintenance before updates usually happens on wednesdays. It's far more likely they just added the SNK copyright because whoever did it had no more work to do for the day

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Doubtful that it's literally on the 1st. Online maintenance before updates usually happens on wednesdays. It's far more likely they just added the SNK copyright because whoever did it had no more work to do for the day
That doesn't make much sense, why add it if it doesn't need to be there?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
That doesn't make much sense, why add it if it doesn't need to be there?
they more likely than not have a template for spirit event messages and add onto it as more companies get added. The only reason SNK is on there now is because they decided to do it earlier than usual

there's not likely to be any SNK spirits on the board during the event anyway since it's all sword-based. The only one that would fit is Haohmaru, and we have no idea if he'd even be a spirit with how Terry focuses on FF akin to Joker Hero and Banjo

Top Bottom