• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

D

Deleted member

Music thing can go both ways. It could be a teaser as well, alongside the
stage name

But if there's something to be noted, it's the Mii Costume theory no longer being an argument in Lloyd's favor.
Wouldn’t the theory likely have been against Lloyd, since the idea was that a returning company getting a new rep would probably mean his costume would come back?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Wouldn’t the theory likely have been against Lloyd, since the idea was that a returning company getting a new rep would probably mean his costume would come back?
The theoy would have implied a Namco and a Capcom rep are the last 2 characters. This isn't guaranteed anymore.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
The theoy would have implied a Namco and a Capcom rep are the last 2 characters. This isn't guaranteed anymore.
Despite this, I still think it's good news. There was no guarantee that Bandai would have a rep anyways, and even if there was, it could have been others than Lloyd, coming back as a Mii. So in my opinion, it raises his chances a little.
Anyway, I'm glad this Mii Theory has been debunked, I thought people put too much in this theory, discarding easily other factors just because it would contradict it.

As for my previous post, I wouldn't bet on a teaser. Yggdrasil name's doesn't even appear in ToS (even if we know its name thanks to ToP).
I personnaly think they put the title of the game for the Fighting Spirits tracks because this track name (will?) appears elsewhere. Maybe because of ToS ? Probably not.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Can someone make a image comparison between Lloyd's Tempest, Sonic Thrust and Sword Rain moves to Mii Swordfighter's Airborne Assault, Power Thrust and Blurring Blade moves.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Tbh even without guarantee of a namco rep, the fact Lloyd is completely missing while being such an important mii AND franchise, it's still suspicious and makes me believe he is equally possible regardless of not being guaranteed by a theory.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
1156304086213332992 Brain is not voicing Lloyd, but it doesn't mean that Lloyd Irving is deconfirmed.
Why would he came out and say this? I know he is just announcing that he isn't vocing Lloyd anymore, but now people might be under the assumption Lloyd is 100% percent in because they thought this guy broke a NDA. He should know this.

Last edited:

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Brain is not voicing Lloyd, but it doesn't mean that Lloyd Irving is deconfirmed.
Like I said earlier, if you want Lloyd in Smash, then the McLeodGaming fangame Super Smash Flash 2 is the best chance you've got. The Lloyd Mii Swordfighter costume didn't show up in the main game (because 1st Party reasons), and it didn't show up as DLC. I'm not trying to troll you all, I'm just saying what I think.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like I said earlier, if you want Lloyd in Smash, then the McLeodGaming fangame Super Smash Flash 2 is the best chance you've got. The Lloyd Mii Swordfighter costume didn't show up in the main game (because 1st Party reasons), and it didn't show up as DLC. I'm not trying to troll you all, I'm just saying what I think.
It shouldn't matter whether or not a character is in a Flash game. Sonic and Mega Man were in Smash Flash 1 before the actual games.

Also, Lloyd's costume would've come with a Namco/Tales character.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
The DLC isn’t even over. There’s still a possibility Lloyd’s Mii costume will show up later down the line. Also, we still have no idea who the last two characters are. SSF2 is a fun game, but personally, I’d prefer to see things through to the end before resorting to playing fangames to satisfy a dream. Again, none of us ever thought Joker would make it in. There are no guarantees in this pass. If Lloyd isn’t in, only then will I fall back on SSF2 knowing I can at least play as him in Smash in some form, even if it’s not the real thing.

Red$Creeper

Smash Rookie
I'm still happy to support Lloyd Irving for this thread. Tales of Symphonia was my introduction to the Tales franchise and still remains my favorite to this day. Great storyline and writing, solid cast, fun battle system and soundtrack composed by a fantastic composer, ToS was the package well worth.

Both ToS and Paper Mario TTYD were the highlights of my most favorite console enjoyment back in the day, and both still remain my most favorite games from childhood to now.

I played Lloyd in SSF2 and I would definitely be down to pick him up should he drop as a playable character.
Yeah me too I loved playing as him in ssf2,he deserves a spot in smash ultimate

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Honnestly, I would be very disappointed if Scott Menville doesn't voice Lloyd. No offense to the guy, but I hate Lloyd's second voice.

Also, voice actors are one of the latest persons who are aware of the role they get in video games and anime. Very popular french voice actors (the french voice of Sora and Vegeta's french voice) explain they are always notified at the very last moment when their usual character get a dub, and the proposition for the job often comes very late.

Brian must have no ideas about Smash Bros plans, plus, it also possible that Scott Menville could get his old role back. Heck, we don't even know if Lloyd would get his english voice. He could only have his Japanese voice, like the majority of the DLC, wich wouldn't be surprised since To is a serie popular for its japanese dub.

Even if I sadly don't think Lloyd will happen, I don't think this tweet doesn't mean anything in regard to Lloyd's chance.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
So EVO 2019 is getting closer to its end, do you expect Lloyd to be announced as part of the fighters pass at Smash Ultimate finals?

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
So EVO 2019 is getting closer to its end, do you expect Lloyd to be announced as part of the fighters pass at Smash Ultimate finals?
I personally have my doubts that Nintendo would announce a character at EVO, although they did announce Joker at the Game Awards, so it would not be completely out of the question. I would say if Lloyd is fighter pass #4 (which I personally believe would be the best place to put him), EVO would be a weird time to announce him as compared to a smash direct or general direct. I think this because compared to the last 3 we had, a lot less people would be able to recognize him, which is what you want when announcing to a live audience like EVO would be.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So besides Lloyd or a Tales rep in general, what other Namco-Bandai character would you want in Smash? For me it would be Yoshimitsu from Tekken/Soul Cailbur.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So besides Lloyd or a Tales rep in general, what other Namco-Bandai character would you want in Smash? For me it would be Yoshimitsu from Tekken/Soul Cailbur.
Yoshimitsu would be great. I know a Mishima is the most likely Tekken rep but my main is Alisa Boskonovitch and I'd LOVE her in Smash. I've also grown fond of the idea of Agumon. And of course, my girl KOS-MOS since I love the Xenosaga series.

andree123

Smash Ace
Would look forward to Klonoa and a Digimon character as playables in smash.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Prince of all Cosmos from Katamari Damacy, basically my most wanted newcomer xD

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yoshimitsu would be great. I know a Mishima is the most likely Tekken rep but my main is Alisa Boskonovitch and I'd LOVE her in Smash.
Yoshimitsu has a chance because he represents Namco fighting games as a whole. Otherwise, give us Devil Jin or GTFO. Noone else from Tekken really represents the series in the same way with the same exaggerated moves. I do enjoy the rocket powered chainsaw girl but she really doesn't say "Tekken" to me in any way.

I've also grown fond of the idea of Agumon. And of course, my girl KOS-MOS since I love the Xenosaga series.
Agumon appeals to me because I love Digimon and because he's not a Namco rep, he's a Bandai one. The other half of Namco Bandai. I'd prefer Patamon or Guilmon but there's as little chance of us getting them as Alisa and Agumon would still be a tonne of fun.
KOS-MOS, though, I don't see making it outside of Namco's own crossovers and cameos. She just isn't as well known.

Would look forward to Klonoa and a Digimon character as playables in smash.
Klonoa has the look and feel of a Nintendo character and would probably do better on Nintendo hardware, if Namco wanted to push him. Given his relative obscurity and their past treatment of the franchise, I don't see it happening.

Prince of all Cosmos from Katamari Damacy, basically my most wanted newcomer xD
An out there pick but a fun one and probably the closest thing to Billy Hatcher with a legitimate chance. I don't think he'd be anyone's first choice for a Namco rep but Sakurai doesn't seem to look at companies when picking characters. He'd be pretty left field but I could see him.

My choice, though? Nightmare. The physical manifestation of all that is evil in the Soul Calibur universe, wearing a twisted form of its main protagonist and representing the struggle between good and evil at the series' core. He is another swordsman but his focus on long move durations with high motion and reach, rather than slow startup times with big damage, would make him a very unique heavy. Especially if coupled with super armour so that opponents could get multiple small hits in per punish to rack up damage.
He's not crazy likely, given that the series has always been Namco's secondary fighter but, with Tekken previously written off, maybe he'll get his time to shine.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
dude no one was saying "yeah these guys absolutely have to be it" the question was "who would you LIKE to see" so I named my personal picks based on characters I like or my fighting game mains

no need to be a jerk about it

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
My dream pick is Klonoa even though I know it’s impossible but dammit can’t I just dream a little.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yoshimitsu would be great. I know a Mishima is the most likely Tekken rep but my main is Alisa Boskonovitch and I'd LOVE her in Smash. I've also grown fond of the idea of Agumon. And of course, my girl KOS-MOS since I love the Xenosaga series.
I think we can cross anyone off from Tekken because the most iconic character from that heihachi there voice actor is deceased I mean that's why we didn't get anymore snake calls in the game

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think we can cross anyone off from Tekken because the most iconic character from that heihachi there voice actor is deceased I mean that's why we didn't get anymore snake calls in the game
What does Hehaichi's voice actor dying have to do with us not getting any new Snake Codex?

StormC

Smash Hero
He also voiced Colonel in Japan
No he didn't, Colonel was voiced by Takeshi Aono, while none of Heihachi's four actors have been him.

I think the point being made is characters are often retired in Japan when their actor passes away, but that isn't always the case.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
No he didn't, Colonel was voiced by Takeshi Aono, while none of Heihachi's four actors have been him.

I think the point being made is characters are often retired in Japan when their actor passes away, but that isn't always the case.
I thought that was the case and If it's not my bad i gotta check the facts yo

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Smash Flash is literally nothing. I'm not even huge on Lloyd, but that's just insulting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Smash Flash is literally nothing. I'm not even huge on Lloyd, but that's just insulting.
Exactly! It would be like if someone came up to me and told me "Hey dude Krystal is never getting into Smash Bros., but she is in Smash Flash 2 so that's your only option if you want to play as her." I would be like no dammint! I want her in the real Smash.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Friendly reminder that VAs' words are not 100% deconfirmations. NDA is a thing that exists. Roxas's VA also said "no" to being in KH3, and here we are. Even non VA people as Grant kirkhope denied Banjo in Smash a few times, and here we are. Don't lose hope guys, we have seen this happen enough times to know it means literally nothing until proven officially by Nintendo themselves otherwise.

Top Bottom