• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
There is also a rumor going around that Erdrick (I think that's his name?) from Dragon Quest is rumored to be in. That kind of makes me nervous because I feel like that would lower Lloyd's chances, provided if the rumor is true of course.
I wouldn't worry, simply because the people repeating his name are the same people that had no idea about Joker. I don't think there is anyone in the SE leaked names list that we should currently worry about, since there is really nothing solid about any of them. I still remain super hopeful about Lloyd, it's probably the "makes most sense" out of all of the possible remaining 4 DLC characters to be announced.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So this board is kind of dead, might as well revive it. So possible DLC character files have been datamined unlike Smash 4. They're nicknames instead. Like Jack is referring to Joker and Plant is Piranha Plant. Then we have Brave who's speculated to be Erdrick or possibly Yuri Lowell.

There's also a direct rumored on the 10th.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why but when I hear about these leaks it just makes me nervous about Lloyd's chances. But I'm not giving up just yet.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm not sure why but when I hear about these leaks it just makes me nervous about Lloyd's chances. But I'm not giving up just yet.
Well Insiders are hearing Lloyd(and Yuri but less often), so there's still hope.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Lloyd, Hero, and Cloud in a single game would be absolutely wild.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So everyone is kind of freaking out about the current DLC rumor line up and well It's safe to safe for me that it's definitely on the fake side now. Besides the somehow this person knows these very specific details about why these characters were added and their release date which is a major point against this rumor.

It's strongest point was P5R. Well that's been shot down thanks to MysticDistance(the first insider to mention Lloyd as DLC BTW) saying that P5R was a thing as far back as July 31st 2017.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

GameWatching

Smash Ace
So everyone is kind of freaking out about the current DLC rumor line up and well It's safe to safe for me that it's definitely on the fake side now. Besides the somehow this person knows these very specific details about why these characters were added and their release date which is a major point against this rumor.

It's strongest point was P5R. Well that's been shot down thanks to MysticDistance(the first insider to mention Lloyd as DLC BTW) saying that P5R was a thing as far back as July 31st 2017.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
To be fair, MysticDistance only discovered the domain, and proceeded to speculate on what it could be.
I remember when he said P5R was definitely a Switch thing but then closed his twitter for a while because it didn't turn out that way. He does get some stuff right but it seems mostly based on speculation (Also back when he said Lloyd could be DLC, he said Isaac and Geno were playable in the base game).

I'm still only holding on to the fact Hitagi and PolarPanda heard about Lloyd. But even then, it could all be a red herring.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Friendly reminder that whoever the "brave" or SE character is, means nothing negative for Lloyd, we still have more unrevealed DLC characters on the way and he still has a chance.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm... I'm quite curious and want to ask: what if there was a situation where Sakurai couldn't decide to add Lloyd or Yuri and just decided to add both of them in as original characters with their own movesets and no echo situation? Of course, I don't imagine that would be likely, but I feel it would satisfy both worlds.

In addition, I believe this is my first time posting here, so I thought I'd stop on by and say hi. :o

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I really hope Lloyd is DLC. Would be really cool to play as him in the game, especially since he wields two swords, unlike any other character.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hmm... I'm quite curious and want to ask: what if there was a situation where Sakurai couldn't decide to add Lloyd or Yuri and just decided to add both of them in as original characters with their own movesets and no echo situation? Of course, I don't imagine that would be likely, but I feel it would satisfy both worlds.
Does Yuri know Dhaos Corridor in this hypothetical dream situation?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Can I be added to the support list when you get the chance?

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder that whoever the "brave" or SE character is, means nothing negative for Lloyd, we still have more unrevealed DLC characters on the way and he still has a chance.
Not if the brave character turn out to be Yuri (a "Brave Vesperia member"). If Yuri gets in, it's the definitive end for Lloyd, even for the future Smash games. When whe know that not even Shadow managed to become an echo, it's really hard to imagine two unique third party characters who are from the same serie, and in top of that, not even in the base roster but DLCs.
Yuri is a big Game Over for Lloyd in my book.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Not if the brave character turn out to be Yuri (a "Brave Vesperia member"). If Yuri gets in, it's the definitive end for Lloyd, even for the future Smash games. When whe know that not even Shadow managed to become an echo, it's really hard to imagine two unique third party characters who are from the same serie, and in top of that, not even in the base roster but DLCs.
Yuri is a big Game Over for Lloyd in my book.
If Yuri is in then Lloyd's mii costume has to be back with him at least.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Lloyd's earnestness translates easily in smash. Yuri's independent streak means quite a bit less without an establishment to go against. I think that's part of why Sakuri said Lloyd was the only real choice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lloyd's earnestness translates easily in smash. Yuri's independent streak means quite a bit less without an establishment to go against. I think that's part of why Sakuri said Lloyd was the only real choice.
Lloyd's game also did amazingly well in the West. He has strong worldwide appeal. This makes him a fairly good character to look at. Yeah, his personality probably played a role too. Sometimes that's all you need to be interested in a character. Though clearly just personalty isn't why he would act like there was no other choice(which is also what he said about Cloud). He seems to view both of them as the poster boys of their series. Though unlike Cloud, I don't think Lloyd's in the greatest position as is. Namco-Bandai is a part of the main development team so they probably have made their view clear of why they think would make a great Tales of choice. A Mii Fighter costume is of course a lot easier to add in comparison to a full-out fighter.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So Tales of Vesperia HD is out now. I'm personally waiting until a price drop or I somehow get it in one of those Twitter contests. That said though hopefully we'll see many other older games ported to Switch including the unlocalized games like Destiny R Director's Cut, Destiny 2 , Eternia, and Rebirth etc.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Namco USA said something in a tweet which involved “smashing” and deleted it shortly after. As heihachi is part of pac mans taunt I think he is probably out of contention but if the character needs to have no representation in ultimate specifically then Lloyd Irving is most likely. If it’s a character that is completely new to smash then it’s probably klonoa, agumon or solaire. I’m willing to bet klonoa or Lloyd

Graizen

Smash Champion
Namco USA said something in a tweet which involved “smashing” and deleted it shortly after. As heihachi is part of pac mans taunt I think he is probably out of contention but if the character needs to have no representation in ultimate specifically then Lloyd Irving is most likely. If it’s a character that is completely new to smash then it’s probably klonoa, agumon or solaire. I’m willing to bet klonoa or Lloyd
Do you have a source for this?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let me guess… not a single person screenshot this? I'm gonna go ahead and say "how convenient…" . I honestly don't want to hype myself over a tweet anyway, but I do stand believing Lloyd has still a huge chance and would make 100% sense.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Didn't Klonoa have a Mii costume back on 3DS?

LH LH

Smash Cadet
How do you post screenshots here I’ll show you

I
Do you have a source for this?
Let me guess… not a single person screenshot this? I'm gonna go ahead and say "how convenient…" . I honestly don't want to hype myself over a tweet anyway, but I do stand believing Lloyd has still a huge chance and would make 100% sense.
If I can post screenshots somehow then I’ll show but I’ll try and submit it to imgur

Yall want proof. And this tweet if anything should at least slightly get your hopes up. Maybe not at all but at least slightly
https://imgur.com/a/kU31ueQ

LH LH

Smash Cadet
I mean it seems like a blatant hint if anything since why put so much detail in the word smashing in a tweet possibly referring to another fighting game in dragon ball fighter z and also are speculated to get another rep

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
huh that's interesting. It's weird that they deleted it if it wasn't smash related, that just makes it more suspicious… Namco getting another smash rep and lloyd being it just would make perfect sense anyway. I hope it's the next announcement if this was tweeted recently

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
If Lloyd gets announced tomorrow, I'll cry. I don't feel ready for it, and would be extremely surprised if it happened.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Although I believe it'll be a DQ rep(chibi Erdrick or Slime), it would be nice if it was unexpectedly Lloyd. I do believe he or a Tales rep in general is one of the five since at least we have a tad evidence from insiders.

Imagine doing a free for all with Cloud, Joker, Erdrick, and Lloyd. All of the major legacy JRPGS(except Kingdom Hearts but it's Disney) in one game.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Although I believe it'll be a DQ rep(chibi Erdrick or Slime), it would be nice if it was unexpectedly Lloyd. I do believe he or a Tales rep in general is one of the five since at least we have a tad evidence from insiders.

Imagine doing a free for all with Cloud, Joker, Erdrick, and Lloyd. All of the major legacy JRPGS(except Kingdom Hearts but it's Disney) in one game.
This is actually one of my main reasons for wanting Lloyd in - the “Big 3” of jrpg’s would all be in ONE game

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Yeah, I want Lloyd or velvet because having the big three in one game would be amazing. Toss in SMT/Persona and maybe something like Chrono Trigger or Kingdom Hearts and that's just plain exciting to me.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Please add me to the supporters list! Tales is one of my favourite JRPG series and it would be awesome to see Lloyd in Smash! The moves he uses would translate over perfectly into the game.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
Add me to the supporter list too if you can. Symphonia was the first tales game I ever played, and he is probably one of the only characters I would full on flip out over if he was added (Velvet is also one of those characters but I made peace with that pipedream awhile ago).

Top Bottom