• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Ok this is very interesting… the fact the VA will be there and this is happening sooner than the actual anniversary thing… Well, we can only hope it's all tied to something shown at VGA. If not Smash then maybe it will be an announcement of a game, who knows… can't wait!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Ok this is very interesting… the fact the VA will be there and this is happening sooner than the actual anniversary thing… Well, we can only hope it's all tied to something shown at VGA. If not Smash then maybe it will be an announcement of a game, who knows… can't wait!
It was said that Bandai was willing to port more tales games if the fans requested it so maybe they’ll go down this path. But I’m sure it’s to showcase vesperia merch and maybe some info on the new game

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Quick question for you guys here since this is the only Tales fan thread for a character. Would you guys be angry if Yuri got in over Lloyd? I personally would love either.
I would prefer either Lloyd or Cless but would be happy with just about any series protagonist (not Ludger) and many of the supporting characters too (Arche, Chloe, Pascal, Moses, Walter, Farah, Max and Mieu spring to mind).

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
It was said that Bandai was willing to port more tales games if the fans requested it so maybe they’ll go down this path. But I’m sure it’s to showcase vesperia merch and maybe some info on the new game
I think the merch + info on new game makes the most sense yeah. Would love for Xillia 1 + 2 to come to the switch though. Same with symphonia chronicles

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I would prefer either Lloyd or Cless but would be happy with just about any series protagonist (not Ludger) and many of the supporting characters too (Arche, Chloe, Pascal, Moses, Walter, Farah, Max and Mieu spring to mind).
God, this thread is gonna break my heart. Xillia 2 is my favorite. Why you gotta do my boy dirty like that

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
God, this thread is gonna break my heart. Xillia 2 is my favorite. Why you gotta do my boy dirty like that
eek @ me hating Xillia 2. I LOVED the first Xillia.

In regards to the earlier discussion of side characters, I'd love to see either Genis/Raine in the mix. (Or Sheena... summoning someone like Corinne idk) . For Genis/Rayne, I'd love to see them summon prism stars, and have them fly all over the screen. Kinda like Beedrill from the first smash.

From other tales games, I'd love to see Cheria (Graces), Arche (Phantasia), Anise (The Abyss), Mila (Xillia).

ryuu seika

Smash Master
While I wasn't really a fan of Xillia 2 due to its unbalanced combat gimmicks and general disregard for the established morality of the existing characters and franchise, my not wanting Ludger in Smash has nothing to do with that. I also wasn't that into Graces, after all, and still actively included Pascal as a potential want.

No, I simply don't see a 4-moveset character who's a silent blank slate for your choose your own adventure decisions having the same level of coherent gameplay style and personality as a more standard Tales protagonist.

eek @ me hating Xillia 2. I LOVED the first Xillia.
In regards to the earlier discussion of side characters, I'd love to see either Genis/Raine in the mix. (Or Sheena... summoning someone like Corinne idk) . For Genis/Rayne, I'd love to see them summon prism stars, and have them fly all over the screen. Kinda like Beedrill from the first smash.
From other tales games, I'd love to see Cheria (Graces), Arche (Phantasia), Anise (The Abyss), Mila (Xillia).
First Xillia I loved, too. Possibly even as much as Symphonia and Vesperia. I don't know why I forgot to add Milla to my list. Perhaps I just saw her as a secondary main or something, I'm not sure.
In terms of half-casters, Anise and, to a lesser degree, Tear could work well but I kinda want to see Tokunaga as a standalone fighter, rather than a vehicle.

Genis and Raine are a bit less feasible, IMO, being full-casters with next to no melee and a heavy reliance on incantation times. Yet that might be a tad hypocritical of me, as the guy who made an Arche moveset. Either way, though, Genis with Prism Stars is a pipe dream. A spell that big would have to be a Final Smash and his would be almost guaranteed to be Indignation Judgement.

Cheria I straight up don't remember as a fighter but Sheena brings a lot to the table as either a trainer or an assist user. As a trainer, she'd play host to three summons like our pre-existing Kanto guy, with Celsius, Efreet and maybe Volt. All of which could represent their various incarnations across the series, rather than just ToS. But trainer Sheena would be a waste, IMO, when you could have Keele and Meredy both take it and represent their own worlds' spirits.

Assist user Sheena, however, gets to both slap people with cards and use them to backhand people with Efreet's Impact Hammer, while still having access to things like Grave, Freeze Lancer and Spark Wave or Cardinal Strike. She uses the summons to do many of her attacks for her, like how Zelda now uses her phantom armour.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
While I wasn't really a fan of Xillia 2 due to its unbalanced combat gimmicks and general disregard for the established morality of the existing characters and franchise, my not wanting Ludger in Smash has nothing to do with that. I also wasn't that into Graces, after all, and still actively included Pascal as a potential want.

No, I simply don't see a 4-moveset character who's a silent blank slate for your choose your own adventure decisions having the same level of coherent gameplay style and personality as a more standard Tales protagonist.
Ludger isn't actually a silent protagonist and just doesn't talk much canonically as referenced by Rowan but go off I guess

I don't want him in Smash either because it's Lloyd or no one to me but hot damn

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I know next to nothing about the Tales of series, but... I love Lloyd's design. He looks cool, and Bamco really should get another rep. (my first choice would be Klonoa) Count me in as support, if only because I used his mii fighter outfit a lot in Smash four.

also hes kinda cute

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think Klonoa's my third choice of Namdai rep, after a Tales character (realistically Lloyd) and Agumon. His games were good and he fits Nintendo to a tee but he doesn't have the relevance of the other two or hold quite the same place in my heart.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC

First Xillia I loved, too. Possibly even as much as Symphonia and Vesperia. I don't know why I forgot to add Milla to my list. Perhaps I just saw her as a secondary main or something, I'm not sure.
In terms of half-casters, Anise and, to a lesser degree, Tear could work well but I kinda want to see Tokunaga as a standalone fighter, rather than a vehicle.

Genis and Raine are a bit less feasible, IMO, being full-casters with next to no melee and a heavy reliance on incantation times. Yet that might be a tad hypocritical of me, as the guy who made an Arche moveset. Either way, though, Genis with Prism Stars is a pipe dream. A spell that big would have to be a Final Smash and his would be almost guaranteed to be Indignation Judgement.

Cheria I straight up don't remember as a fighter but Sheena brings a lot to the table as either a trainer or an assist user. As a trainer, she'd play host to three summons like our pre-existing Kanto guy, with Celsius, Efreet and maybe Volt. All of which could represent their various incarnations across the series, rather than just ToS. But trainer Sheena would be a waste, IMO, when you could have Keele and Meredy both take it and represent their own worlds' spirits.

Assist user Sheena, however, gets to both slap people with cards and use them to backhand people with Efreet's Impact Hammer, while still having access to things like Grave, Freeze Lancer and Spark Wave or Cardinal Strike. She uses the summons to do many of her attacks for her, like how Zelda now uses her phantom armour.
Eek, im dumb. The list I mentioned wanted them as assist trophies. Lloyd makes the most sense as a smash fighter.
Genis/Raine both appearing as assists together would be a dream, omg <3

AaronT.

Smash Rookie
Namco should just straight up create a Tales fighting game in the Smash style. XD All these ideas for certain characters are awesome!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Someone stated that Elma and BWD are spirits in the game. This doesnt outright de-confirm them but it is worth noting. Still nothing about Lloyd either outfit, assist, or spirit.

There was also a springman outfit found for miis

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This has been an absolute gunshow. Third parties are cowering, only surviving because the Smash team doesn't have the rights to them.

Nearly every first party is dead. I wonder if there's an exception?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Someone stated that Elma and BWD are spirits in the game. This doesnt outright de-confirm them but it is worth noting. Still nothing about Lloyd either outfit, assist, or spirit.

There was also a springman outfit found for miis
Good thing is that even if we have the mii costume back, it wouldn't be a bad thing cause Chrom also still has his mii costume in Ultimate. Both Geno and Lloyd's mii costumes haven't been sighted yet tho… hmm… did we know about chrom's mii costume before or AFTER he got revealed? I can't remember…

Edit: Nevermind, I found out myself, Chrom mii costume got confirmed in Ultimate AFTER he got confirmed playable… huh, alright then, that does kinda make interesting we haven't seen neither geno's nor lloyd's yet…every other mii costume that hasn't become playable has been shown already apparently, that's interesting…

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Good thing is that even if we have the mii costume back, it wouldn't be a bad thing cause Chrom also still has his mii costume in Ultimate. Both Geno and Lloyd's mii costumes haven't been sighted yet tho… hmm… did we know about chrom's mii costume before or AFTER he got revealed? I can't remember…

Edit: Nevermind, I found out myself, Chrom mii costume got confirmed in Ultimate AFTER he got confirmed playable… huh, alright then, that does kinda make interesting we haven't seen neither geno's nor lloyd's yet…every other mii costume that hasn't become playable has been shown already apparently, that's interesting…
Monster hunter and heihachi had outfits, have they been shown in one way or another?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ultimate is almost here. And Lloyd so far still hasn't been Spirited Away. We'll probably see the game leaked and datamined soon though.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Ultimate is almost here. And Lloyd so far still hasn't been Spirited Away. We'll probably see the game leaked and datamined soon though.
yeah if anyone gets any sort of info about a spirit or mii costume of Lloyd please post it here!

Even if you see heihachi costume, geno, or monster hunter. Defs want to know that too!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Glad I showed up here to see that’s fake.

Edit:

If the rumors are true about DLC, Lloyd's chances are looking crazy good right now but I guess we'll see

Last edited:

AaronT.

Smash Rookie
  1. https://hastebin.com/opokenuwer.css This shows that there's 30 open spots for DLC since it's held in the same area as the other fighters
That'll bring the roster up to what, 104? Around there? Yikes. If that's the case, then we're gonna be getting new content for the next 6 years. Assuming that Sakurai sticks with the 5 dlc characters releasing within one year plan. That is an insane amount of characters, which I'm all for, but that's basically half of Ultimate's roster that consists of brand new fighters. Or take half of the Assist trophy roster and stick them in the fighter roster. I know I called Sakurai crazy for giving us this title back when it was first announced and it was port vs. original. I was on team port. But the man has completely shattered all my expectations, and honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the final number tops off at one hundred something. Now the question is who on Earth is gonna be a part of that 30? Lloyd absolutely.

Here's another question. When do you guys think, assuming this is true, that enough is enough?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So according to the recent datamines. Lloyd is not a spirit. And his mii costume is gone too along with the other 3rd party costumes too.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
With his mii costume not in the base game that really makes his chances sky rocket to a all time high I’d say. I doubt a character they’d want to sell as DLC would be showcased in such a way before being released

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice

GameWatching

Smash Ace
"Lloyd" spotted as a spirit on the datamine :
https://pastebin.com/CsrHCwb1?fbclid=IwAR2bBP5MjaHjTptIRVtMZJvtdZMmi6Dex8cRUlgxpt3ZvET1cJmJXwLYEZM

BUT !

He is number 358 and appears in the middle of a list of Mother Characters... And Lloyd is a member of the Mother 1 party, a friend of Ninten.

So long, no spirits and no Mii costume for Lloyd, one of the most requested character for Smash... I think hope is allowed.
Lloyd from Mother was spotted way before the leaks happened.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(EarthBound_series)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
All,spirits found

None of them are Lloyd

Along with crash bandicoot, sylux and rythmn heaven girl they survived the onslaught

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Lloyd has no mii costume or spirit. Namco only has 5 spirits in total....hmmm...

Granted the same stuff can apply to Heihachi, but I think this just increases lloyd's chances overall.

Top Bottom