• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I'm of the belief that until confirmed otherwise, we should assume a Spirit is a disconfirmation. (As for why, a lot of the arguments against it remind me of how people argued that Mii Costumes weren't disconfirmations in Smash 4. That ended up being the case.)

Ergo, Lloyd got a really good deal out of this.

Last edited:

Maxilian0124

Smash Rookie
I'm of the belief that until confirmed otherwise, we should assume a Spirit is a disconfirmation. (As for why, a lot of the arguments against it remind me of how people argued that Mii Costumes weren't disconfirmations in Smash 4. That ended up being the case.)

Ergo, Lloyd got a really good deal out of this.
But isn't the existance of Spirits of already playable character already a confirmation?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
No. That's exactly the point I made: it reminded me of Mii Costumes, and to expect the worst when it comes to Smash Bros if your most wanted is not revealed soon after E3.

Back in Smash 4, King K. Rool got a Mii Costume. And a lot of people took it as a slap in the face. Some people went as far as to declare that it wasn't it: after all, there was a Captain Falcon Mii Costume, and he's not disconfirmed! But, as it turned out, K. Rool was never planned to be in Smash 4 and the Mii Costume, at best, was a "best they could do" situation.

There's more examples, but that's why I'm going to assume that a Spirit = disconfirmed UNTIL and only UNTIL a Spirit is promoted to playable.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
As an Isaacbro, It'd feel wrong if I didn't support Lloyd now.

Let's get this thread to the top!

Yangfly Leone

Smash Cadet
Lurker from Isaac thread came here to wish the best of luck in dlc for Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia is my third favorite tales of game only after to Berseria and Phantasia.
Even tough I discovered the Tales series via Smash Flash 2, I had a lot of fun playing as him there, so seeing him in the main game would be hella cool. Good luck my fellas ^^

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey I'm from the isaac thread we were defeated but I want Lloyd to carry the torch

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Lloyd's Mii costume was absent I think so that could be a good thing. and since Isaac's fate has been sealed Lloyd is the next character down my list of wants so I'm a full time Lloyd bro now.

Flon

Smash Cadet
I'm on board for Lloyd as DLC.

It would be nice to see some Tales representation in Smash.

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I’m honestly baffled people are still undermineing Lloyd even now with their “5 character DLC” lists. I’m seeing Steve, shante, Elma?? Like there’s so much evidence that points in Lloyd’s favor and wishlists or not it’s a bit silly to not treat him as a big contender. I might just be ranting but it’s just upsetting that we can’t catch a break with what seems like 70% of the community even now when so many big rivals for a spot got deconfirmed

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Isaac bro checking in. This'll probably be my last post on these boards until Smash 6 since I'm only here for reveal hype season and my poor boy Isaac was gutted.

But I want to thank the Lloyd bros for always having our back through thick and thin. I want to give you guys all of the good vibes because I think Lloyd is legitimately one of the most likely DLC characters. He just checks so many boxes in terms of being a third party hype character, having previous representation, and Bamco, you know, actually developing the game.

Good luck, my friends, keep that flame of hope alive!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I think it's pretty safe to say that Square and Namco are both going to get a DLC slot, and Lloyd would seem to be the best choice for Namco from what I've seen. I'm just trying to keep my spirits up considering the day I've had and this, but I want to congratulate you guys for surviving this far.

aarchak

Smash Ace
I’m honestly baffled people are still undermineing Lloyd even now with their “5 character DLC” lists. I’m seeing Steve, shante, Elma?? Like there’s so much evidence that points in Lloyd’s favor and wishlists or not it’s a bit silly to not treat him as a big contender. I might just be ranting but it’s just upsetting that we can’t catch a break with what seems like 70% of the community even now when so many big rivals for a spot got deconfirmed
Well, at the very least, Elma also has things going for her. Steve and Shantae have basically no chance though. Honestly, Lloyd and Elma are 2 of my picks for DLC.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Well, at the very least, Elma also has things going for her. Steve and Shantae have basically no chance though. Honestly, Lloyd and Elma are 2 of my picks for DLC.
I personally have a hard time seeing XbX being represented, even the final direct going as far to showcase a rex outfit over anything from XBX is rough and there are fans out there now saying REX has a better shot than most since hes a costume which is crazy to me. I wont count her out but I really think she takes back seat over many others

aarchak

Smash Ace
I personally have a hard time seeing XbX being represented, even the final direct going as far to showcase a rex outfit over anything from XBX is rough and there are fans out there now saying REX has a better shot than most since hes a costume which is crazy to me. I wont count her out but I really think she takes back seat over many others
Honestly, probably. Though, with 5 slots left, I wouldn't be sure on who gets in. Also, I'd like to post this:
Capture.PNG

All packs will (probably) be released by February of 2020. Which means we have a year of speculation on our hands.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Honestly, probably. Though, with 5 slots left, I wouldn't be sure on who gets in. Also, I'd like to post this:
View attachment 174856
All packs will (probably) be released by February of 2020. Which means we have a year of speculation on our hands.

Im hoping January-Febuary will be Lloyd's release to kinda co-exsist alongside Vesperia coming out next year on the switch.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Honestly I think Nintendo should have done with the DLC what Capcom did with SFV's season 1 DLC and show silhouettes of the five characters in a way so it's not completely easy to guess who the characters are but not that hard.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Added the new supporters!

Also, caught this on Reddit - "Lloyd's master plan":

Okay that made my day.

And I know i'm for sure grasping at straws but when Sakurai blinked twice in that way, it made me think of the blinking done in the skits from the Tales games. Of course it's likely just because that even he is baffled that he put in the Piranha Plant as a playable character.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
When I look at it, Lloyd has a GREAT chance to be DLC because:
  • Lloyd is a requested character.
  • He also appeared as a Mii Costume in which many characters, confirmed or not, once appeared in Mii Costume in Smash 4.
  • Sakurai felt that Lloyd is an obvious pick for a Tales of Rep and that's a reason for his inclusion as a Mii Costume.
  • Namco lack any new 3rd party rep while most other companies has more than 1.
  • Tales of series is a popular series unlike many other requested characters.
  • Namco works on Ultimate, so its easy for Sakurai to implement Lloyd.
With so many 3rd party companies having more than one 3rd party rep: (Sonic and Bayo from Sega; Snake, Simon, and Richter from Konami; Mega Man, Ryu, and Ken from Capcom, Cloud and Possibly Sora from Square Enix) it is safe to assume that a 2nd Namco rep may be coming and it might be Lloyd!.

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
  • He also appeared as a Mii Costume in which many characters, confirmed or not, once appeared in Mii Costume in Smash 4.
  • Sakurai felt that Lloyd is an obvious pick for a Tales of Rep and that's a reason for his inclusion as a Mii Costume.
With so many 3rd party companies having more than one 3rd party rep: (Sonic and Bayo from Sega; Snake, Simon, and Richter from Konami; Mega Man, Ryu, and Ken from Capcom, Cloud and Possibly Sora from Square Enix) it is safe to assume that a 2nd Namco rep may be coming and it might be Lloyd!.
Don't forget the fact that Lloyd's game's developers are working on Smash Ultimate and have openly said that they're pushing for Tales representation.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Tbh having representation in the game previously and surviving today made him top of the list for likelihood

aarchak

Smash Ace
I say that Lloyd is on top of the likelihood list right now, with all who were previously above him (except Geno) all being snapped. More power to him.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I say that Lloyd is on top of the likelihood list right now, with all who were previously above him (except Geno) all being snapped. More power to him.
Totally agree, and if you go back, his costume was super detailed, I'd be surprised honestly if they let him go to waste seeing how he wasn't showcased in one bit during that last direct. A Symphonia stage with symphonia music is unreal to think about too. Cmon nintendo, make my boy shine!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895

Confirmation

Smash Ace
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9tglz7/lloyd_irving_survives_all_the_facts_point_to_dlc/

I made a reddit post bringing together all of our ideas and facts pointing towards DLC after this direct giving us all this extra info. Like and share it if you want, also I really think someone whos far more talented than me should honestly string together a compelling video showing off all this info for Lloyd, videos really get people talking far more than just a simple post I'd say
Rip they already removed it

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
From one Sword Bros to the other, I am rooting for Lloyd! You bros backed us up and now it's our turn. Let's hope for Lloyd in DLC, stay positive and optimistic my brother and sisters!!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
If I can find some time between now and ultimates release I’ll start working on a video. I really want to put out the info for those who are still somehow unaware of Lloyd’s potential

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If I can find some time between now and ultimates release I’ll start working on a video. I really want to put out the info for those who are still somehow unaware of Lloyd’s potential
I'll definitely need that video...

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
I'll definitely need that video...
Yeah I don’t have much practice but I recently got a video editor program and I stream plenty so I’m not a stranger to it all so hopefully I can bring something together will the info we’ve compiled and get the hype going for our boy

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Yo whatsup guys, here's another Isaac supporter. I like the idea of a second Bamco rep and passed by to give Lloyd my support. ToS has one of the best stories I've ever seen in a media franchise and I love both the game and the anime, not to mention all those well written characters.

If Cloud made it, then why shouldn't Lloyd? Lets go!

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Now that's Isaac is dead, buried, and his grave already covered with nasty weed (a carnivore one, one top of that), my only last hope resides on my oldest most wanted character, the protagoniste of my second favorite video game : Lloyd Irving.

But I won't make the same mistake twice. I'm done with trying to think that player's choices has a big relevancy for Sakurai.

That being said, I'm not here to bring negativity. Lloyd popularity was already acknowledged by Sakurai, and as the title of the thread says, Lloyd survived the slaughter. Hope (reasonably, this time) is still allowed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom