• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
It could be just fixing what they had before. I feel like it would of been stated outright if it was a typo tbh. Maybe they just accidentally leaked it. Don't know why everyone is just jumping to it being a typo.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yep, all this confirms is that Coro Coro wasn't meant to say 108. We don't yet know why and, as has been pointed out, lack of explanation seems suspicious when they or Nintendo could easily just come out and say that we know all the stages and it was a mistake.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Not going to lie it's defs going to be salty mines for me when I see Lloyd not make it but I had a feeling base roster wasn't going to be a reality a bit ago. I defs thing he'll be DLC if it's a thing. I'll probably honestly be heartbroken if he gets assist trophies since thats what happened to bomberman and he was another I was really rooting for. I'm happy for my Isaac bros if this is true but I'm a liar if I dont say Im salty haha T_T

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not going to lie it's defs going to be salty mines for me when I see Lloyd not make it but I had a feeling base roster wasn't going to be a reality a bit ago. I defs thing he'll be DLC if it's a thing. I'll probably honestly be heartbroken if he gets assist trophies since thats what happened to bomberman and he was another I was really rooting for. I'm happy for my Isaac bros if this is true but I'm a liar if I dont say Im salty haha T_T
You're the first to bring up the Grinch leak in this thread. Give some more context, dude.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
With Isaac looking increasingly likely; you can trust me to fulfill my side of the deal. SwordBro's should be reunited through DLC!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
With Isaac looking increasingly likely; you can trust me to fulfill my side of the deal. SwordBro's should be reunited through DLC!
I really do hope so....Lloyd has been requested just as much as Isaac and it just feels right. I hope isaac fans help the Lloyd bros out if this turns out to be true and he's in.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't have much faith in the Grinch Leak. Between the supposed leaker claiming not to know about anything that's going on, the mistakes and inconsistencies in the background, the blurry nature of the image in question, and the fact the leaker's name was very poorly obscured, there's just too much pointing towards this being an elaborate, well constructed fake leak.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If it's real, Someone said that someone was missing that isn't Incineroar, hope it's Lloyd in that case.

A-Log

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Lloyd in smash. Aside from Isaac he's probably my most wanted character. Does anybody know if there's a Lloyd Irving discord yet to join?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Even if the Grinch Leak is real, and Lloyd's not in base, I can't imagine him not being DLC. I had suspicions all along that he'd be DLC, and this rumor just makes a lot of sense. I think we're definitely going to see him as DLC.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If this guy is to be trusted, apparently hes heard some stuff about Lloyd having a really strong chance for DLC. Really hoping this is the case!

https://twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/1056720641120976896?s=20
I definitely hope so too. Dearly.

Oh man, I'd have my wait since Sm4sh-days finally come to a full conclusion... and imagine, Lloyd gets to join his bro Isaac while at it,

Speaking which, blueneuronDOTnet blueneuronDOTnet , would you still like to incorporate the content from old Lloyd-thread into your OP?

Special Moves

• Lloyd creates a shockwave projectile which travels on the floor, causing damage to anyone that comes in contact with it.​
- Double Demon Fang:

If pressing the button rapidly, Lloyd launches another Demon Fang.​

• Lloyd thrusts his swords forward. if linked to the end of his other combo-canceable attacks, this attack becomes more powerful in means of damage and knockback.​

- Beast

• Another option, in which Lloyd charges power and launches force in shape of a lion's head which can knock back opponents tremendously. The attack has some amount of startup lag though.

(Could also be Forward Smash)

+

Tempest
  • Lloyd spins in a circle in the air several times, whipping both swords around himself.

(Could also be his Neutral Air.)

• Lloyd jumps and slashes his sword twice in the air. If he connects Tiger Blade with an opponent on the ground, this attack would become Tiger Rage, a more advanced technique where Lloyd now slashes the enemy few times and then slams him down.

• Lloyd stabs the enemy rapidly with his sword. Another attack that is a great combo starter and can link to other potential finishers.​
Final Smash: Falcon's Crest
When pressing the button, Lloyd would thrust his sword forward. If it connects, the opponents will be stunned as Lloyd channels energy in his Material Blades. As he focuses, spiraling vortex of blue energy rages up from the magic circle rapidly damaging opponents and trapping them within the circle.

Lloyd then leaps into the air, pausing for a moment to yell out "Divine Justice!" while he combines his two swords into Eternal Sword.
Lloyd then falls back to the ground slamming down the Eternal Sword, while yelling "Falcon's Crest!" thus generating a large, spherical explosion of blue energy which blasts opponents away.

- This causes immense damage and knockback and can potentially KO or at least launch opponents far away in range due the colossal shockwave that occurs during the move.

- 30-45% Damage, high vertical knockback

Playstyle

What would set Lloyd apart from other swordsmen is him emphasizing on combo-canceling techniques. In ToS he could link certain attacks to others or even create new techs or artes that were combinations of those attacks. This could be translated to Super Smash Bros 4, in which he'd be able to cancel certain attacks and link them to others.

The way this would be utilized by either cancelling the last hit in moves such as Tempest and Sword Rain, or by cancelling the last 20 frames for Demon Fang:

For example, if you want to use Tempest Beast , you would have to first use Tempest (Up B), then cancel the last hit of Tempest and immediately follow up with Beast (Side B). With this kind of a playstyle, Lloyd would have lots of depth while maintaining his versatility for any players to pick him up.

Lloyd could also use combo-canceling mechanic to perform advanced techniques such as Tempest Thrust, Sword Rain Alpha, Raining Tiger Blade, etc. Here's the potential combo-canceable techniques, all imported from Tales Of Symphonia and translated to Smash Bros:

• Demonic Chaos: Demon Fang x3. Cancel the last 20 frames of the first two Demon Fangs.
  • Sword Rain Alpha: Sword Rain + Aerial Up. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Aerial Up.
  • Sword Rain Beta: Sword Rain + Aerial Up + Aerial Neutral. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Aerial Up and Aerial Neutral.
  • Sword Rain Tempest: Sword Rain + Tempest. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Tempest.
  • Demonic Thrust: Demon Fang + Sonic Thrust. Cancel the last 20 frames of Demon Fang and follow up with Sonic Thrust.
  • Demonic Tiger Blade: Demon Fang + Tiger Blade. Cancel the last 20 frames of Demon Fang and follow up with Tiger Blade.
  • Tempest Thrust: Tempest + Sonic Thrust. Cancel the last hit of Tempest and follow up with Sonic Thrust.
  • Tempest Beast: Tempest + Beast. Cancel the last hit of Tempest and follow up with Beast.
  • Raining Tiger Blade: Sword Rain + Tiger Blade. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Tiger Blade.
  • Beast Sword Rain: Sword Rain + Beast. Cancel the last hit of Sword Rain and follow up with Beast.

- Items -

Apple Gel

"A gelatin-based medication. Restores 30% of Max HP."

- A standard healing item from Tales Of-series. Apple Gel would differ from other healing items by reducing 30% of your max % damage.​

Lemon Gel

"A gelatin-based medication. Restores 60% of Max HP."

- Essentially a better version of Apple Gel. This is rather uncommon but would be prominent more in harder difficulties of single-player modes.

Life Bottle

"Water of life. Revives a KO'd ally."

- Can revive a fallen character in Adventure Mode or Tag Mode (provided there's one), but they will have some penalty, such as starting off with a higher percent.​

- Music -

Tales of Symphonia

- Fighting of the Spirit -

(Summon Spirit Battle Theme)

( - Here's the original version from Tales Of Phantasia, the first game in the series. -)

- Fatalize -
(Major NPC Boss Theme)

- Keep Your Guard Up! -
(Yuan & Botta Battle Theme)

- Like a Glint of Light -
(Tethealla Map Battle)

( - Remixed Version from DoTNW here

- And Soul Calibur Legends-version here )

- Beat the Angel -
(Cruxis Angels Battle Theme)

- Full Force -
(Sylvarant Map Battle)

(Remixed Version from DoTNW here)

- End Of A Thought -

(Kratos Battle Theme)​

- Old Familiar Scent of Iselia -
(Iselia Theme)

- Escape from Enemy Base -
(Tethealla Base Theme)

- A Snow Light-
(Flanoir Theme)

- Desert Flower -
(Triet Theme)

- Walking on Tethe'Alla -
(Tethealla Overworld)

- Derris Kharlan Shrine -

(Derris Kharlan Inner Base Theme)

ToS2: Dawn Of The New World

- With Courage -
(Boss Battle Theme)

- The Wilderness of Sadness-
(Final Boss Battle)

(I personally wish these two to become a medley.)

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Is there any way to copy what this user posted and paste it onto here as a pic?
Ah right, he took it down after some harassment and confusion.

Basically:

108 confirmed
Isaac + Geno + Shadow + Ken + Incineroar extremely likely
Lloyd extremely likely for DLC

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I heard there was something like that but never saw it on Twitter. It was part of the confusion as far as I can tell / know
I saw a screengrab of the conversation on the resetera thread talking about it. (I posted a link to it in the Isaac thread) Apparently it was in a private conversation. (but he never said it publicly so who knows?)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Is there any way to copy what this user posted and paste it onto here as a pic?
I saw a screengrab of the conversation on the resetera thread talking about it. (I posted a link to it in the Isaac thread) Apparently it was in a private conversation. (but he never said it publicly so who knows?)
Here's the screencaps of the deleted tweets:

You can thank N3ON N3ON for these.

Last edited:

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Even if the Grinch Leak is real, and Lloyd's not in base, I can't imagine him not being DLC. I had suspicions all along that he'd be DLC, and this rumor just makes a lot of sense. I think we're definitely going to see him as DLC.
I like how you think

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So if he's the Mewtwo of DLC, I don't think we'll have to wait until April. I think he'll be released around January-February to coincide with Tales of Vesperia HD.

GreekGamer

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker and with the Final Direct before release, I made an account to show support for the characters I want.

I remember getting Tales of Symphonia for my birthday and immediately falling in love with the game, the characters, and it was the gateway into JRPG's for me. Even though the Persona series is my favorite series (with 4 being my favorite game of all time), Symphonia has been in my Top Ten Games ever since I beat it. Lotta memories with Symphonia.

So here's hoping Lloyd makes it in, either base roster or DLC!

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
So apparently Mystic, the guy who was giving info yesterday and including Lloyd being DLC, got fired from his job? That could be....telling.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Here's where I stand - the Grinch Leak has several issues, ranging from its seemingly illogical nature (as described in my previous comment) and technical errors in the background itself to a number of established insiders either questioning its validity or flat-out claiming that it's false. It really only has two things going for it: the amount of work put into the leak, and the fact that Eric could actually be tied to a company that works with Bamco. The work is nothing special given that we've seen plenty of other fake leaks with far more effort invested in them, and the name was so poorly obscured that it could very well just have been deliberate bait laid out by the leaker.

The key issue to keep in mind here is that every single point in the leak's favor could very well just be explained by the leaker's attention to detail. It's much tougher to explain away the issues with the leak.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
My fellow Lloydbros! Last minute, I know, but I wish you the best of luck tomorrow from the Issacbros. We got your back!

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
It's so close to that direct dropping and I just want to say, it's been alot of fun riding this hype train all these months. I really hope Lloyd makes the cut and while my hopes for base roster aren't super high, my only wish this direct is he doesnt get Assist Trophied. That'd be a bit of a heavy hit, lets keep our fingers crossed for The Lloydbros and isaac bros to make it in ultimate!

---------------
I'm so sorry to all my isaac bros out there. I'm drinking for you tonight

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunate that Isaac didn't get in, but the fact that we have yet to see anything regarding Lloyd - neither an assist trophy nor his old Mii costume - has me hopeful that he's one of the characters being considered for DLC. Him and Heihachi are the only costume characters left that hasn't been shown off or upgraded in some way, after all.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Unfortunate that Isaac didn't get in, but the fact that we have yet to see anything regarding Lloyd - neither an assist trophy nor his old Mii costume - has me hopeful that he's one of the characters being considered for DLC. Him and Heihachi are the only costume characters left that hasn't been shown off or upgraded in some way, after all.
I'm really disappointed with the newcomers they chose in this direct and what happened to Isaac but happy Lloyd made it out alive. You guys deserve a DLC spot

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thanks for supporting Isaac alongside us Golden Sun fans. We may have lost our candidate, but you can still soldier on. There are 5 DLC spots open, grab one of them.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
The lack of Lloyd mii costume and without him being an assist or a sticker gives me SUPER high hopes for DLC, along with that one twitter post saying rumors of Lloyd DLC

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Hey Lloyd brothers Isaac supporter here. Yeah guess already saw it but our golden boy didn't make it as a playable character ~.~

But I was happy when I realized that Lloyd went totally untouched and I think that's a rly good sign. So you guys have my full support :)
Let's get at least Lloyd in here and enjoy not only our character together but also Motoi Sakuraba <3
I hope he can make up for Isaac as well. So let's hope that the ride is not over until the last DLC character drops :D

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I think lloyd has a solid chance at landing one of those last 5 DLC slots. Namco Rep + no Mii costume + no spirit. I hope it is time for our boy.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Even though the Direct was a letdown, the confirmation of DLC plus Lloyd not having anything yet in the base bodes really well for him for DLC! Really sorry for you Isaac fans for him to be brought back only as an AT again.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looks pretty intriguing that Lloyd got out completely unscathed out of all this - but again, we better wait until the release of Ultimate to really make sure.

Still, so far the competition's pretty much swept completely clean, and a lot people are actually starting to consider him more than before. It's gonna be quite an interesting, if long development...

Last edited:

Maxilian0124

Smash Rookie
The guy that twetted some supposed leaks and said that Lloyd may be a DLC, pointed out that there are 108 stages, and we actually got 103 stages with the base game and other extra 5 stages confirmed (as it was confirmed that with every DLC, there was comming a new stage), so he was right in that.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Go Lloyd! You're either so obscure Sakurai wouldn't even turn you into a spirit, or he's saving you for DLC.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Welp, Now I have to worry about him potentially being in as DLC while Klonoa may not be in at all. - ^ -

No offense, But I worry how likely he is. (Take this as a good thing for you guys and more of a disappointment for me.)

Top Bottom