• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
How did I forget to say I supported him? My biggest problem with him is "Which party member will be his Assist Trophy?" Genis? Kratos? Colette? Sheena? All of them make wonderful arguments for the title. But what twin blades should he use? Wooden Blades, the generic ones, or the Material Blades? Personally I hope for the Material Blades because they're the coolest and most distinct from swords we currently have. The generic ones make him feel generic himself, which sucks. But then we can have Mr. Yggdrasil as a Spirits mode boss, which would be truly hype. Tower of Salvation is such an obvious stage for him that I'd almost rather have Altamira or even Derris-Kharlan just to be unique and stand out. But I'm not picky.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I'm still happy to support Lloyd Irving for this thread. Tales of Symphonia was my introduction to the Tales franchise and still remains my favorite to this day. Great storyline and writing, solid cast, fun battle system and soundtrack composed by a fantastic composer, ToS was the package well worth.

Both ToS and Paper Mario TTYD were the highlights of my most favorite console enjoyment back in the day, and both still remain my most favorite games from childhood to now.

I played Lloyd in SSF2 and I would definitely be down to pick him up should he drop as a playable character.

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
How did I forget to say I supported him? My biggest problem with him is "Which party member will be his Assist Trophy?" Genis? Kratos? Colette? Sheena? All of them make wonderful arguments for the title. But what twin blades should he use? Wooden Blades, the generic ones, or the Material Blades? Personally I hope for the Material Blades because they're the coolest and most distinct from swords we currently have. The generic ones make him feel generic himself, which sucks. But then we can have Mr. Yggdrasil as a Spirits mode boss, which would be truly hype. Tower of Salvation is such an obvious stage for him that I'd almost rather have Altamira or even Derris-Kharlan just to be unique and stand out. But I'm not picky.
Added you! I should probably do a write-up for potential assist trophies at some point - I'm hoping for Raine, but it'll likely be Colette or Noishe instead. He should definitely use the material blades, simply because they're the most iconic weapons he ever uses. I've actually been replaying the game, and realized that Hima's summit might make for a great stage: easy omega form, dragons for stage hazards, the Tower of Salvation in the background.

D

Deleted member

I really want Lloyd to be in Smash as he is my most wanted newcomer. I do hope his chances go up based on the ballot results.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'd love to have Lloyd in Smash. Tales of series needs some more love in Smash I think Lloyd's mii costume in 4 was the only thing it had in any of them. And with Bamco contributing to the development the only obstacle in his way is Sakurai himself

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Hey, so, we saw how Simon's reveal trailer was a remix of two of his game's music themes. I was wondering, which songs would you like to hear remixed in a reveal trailer for lloyd? I was thinking of Full force + Like a glint of light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UChIIyqJ2gI&list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C&index=15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxt3hLXlic&index=62&list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C
While that seems super obvious and even thematic, I would love to see a threeway fusion of Beat the Angel, It can Waver and Fight and Final Destination in the game somewhere.

Not to mention Fighting of the Spirit and a few others from across the franchise like Eternia's Time Battle, Take up the Cross and The More that I Try.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I could see them do that as a homage to the cameo battle themes in the series which combine battle themes from each character's respective game.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so, we saw how Simon's reveal trailer was a remix of two of his game's music themes. I was wondering, which songs would you like to hear remixed in a reveal trailer for lloyd? I was thinking of Full force + Like a glint of light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UChIIyqJ2gI&list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C&index=15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxt3hLXlic&index=62&list=PL8C4A0B6360BB2B3C
I don't know about remixes, but I'd definitely love to hear And Thus, I Can Do It in Smash.

I'd love to have Lloyd in Smash. Tales of series needs some more love in Smash I think Lloyd's mii costume in 4 was the only thing it had in any of them. And with Bamco contributing to the development the only obstacle in his way is Sakurai himself
Added!

Last edited:

aarchak

Smash Ace
You know what, add me to the list. Ever since I played Tales of Symphonia I have thought Lloyd would be a great addition to the Smash roster and I don't know why I haven't asked this yet.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How did I forget to say I supported him? My biggest problem with him is "Which party member will be his Assist Trophy?" Genis? Kratos? Colette? Sheena?
I'd personally want it to be Sheena - she could bring in the Summon Spirits we see in the series to the fray while also dishing out her own damage. Besides I want her to join crazy roster of Assists these days. Need that fanfic fuel.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Just rewatched the Animated ovas, so good… and the feels geez

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally want it to be Sheena - she could bring in the Summon Spirits we see in the series to the fray while also dishing out her own damage. Besides I want her to join crazy roster of Assists these days. Need that fanfic fuel.
Ooh, that's true - the summon spirits could make for a great assist trophy mechanic.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
7 more days Japan time until Tales of Symphonia's 15th Anniversary. I hope that Nintendo during Gamescom announces a livestream Smash announcement like Robin/Lucina for next week.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
7 more days Japan time until Tales of Symphonia's 15th Anniversary. I hope that Nintendo during Gamescom announces a livestream Smash announcement like Robin/Lucina for next week.
Wait… for real? the 15th Anniversary!? I don't know how I missed that…
First the 20th Banjo Kazooie anniversary, and now this… these characters are popular enough to deserve recognition in Smash. I really hope we get our boy Lloyd!

D

Deleted member

I want Lloyd in Smash so bad. I think I would be a bit disappointed if he doesn't make it in. I still hold out some hope for him.
When is Gamescom again?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I want Lloyd in Smash so bad. I think I would be a bit disappointed if he doesn't make it in. I still hold out some hope for him.
When is Gamescom again?
I think it started today, and ends this weekend.

If Lloyd doesn't get in on the base roster, I could still see him being DLC. I think Namco deserves another character, and he's the only one I would personally pick for that spot.

D

Deleted member

I could totally see Lloyd for DLC too, provided if he doesn't make it to the base roster. I know people are saying that they would prefer Heihachi as the second Namco rep, but honestly I would much rather prefer Lloyd.

Chrono.

Add me to the list of supporters!
I somehow hope that Nintendo pulls another Robin/Lucina and announce a livestream on August 28th which reveals Lloyd & maybe Cless as an echo.
I don't think Cress would work that well since one dual wields and the other one doesn't.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Add me to the list of supporters!

I don't think Cress would work that well since one dual wields and the other one doesn't.
What if Cress was an Echo through having all dual sword attacks be instead regular single-sword hits, being like faster, but slightly weaker equivalents of Lloyd's attacks?

Though that'd maybe be bit too many changes to consider Cress one but hm.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did this with the Banjo-Kadoke support thread earlier. I’m curious to see what Lloyd fans think if Tales of Symphonia and Lloyd was confirmed for Smash Ultimate and get the Castlevania treatment with 30+ songs added to the franchise. What 30+ tracks would you add to represent the series?

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
If Lloyd makes in into Smash, I'm going to lose my mind! I have so much nostalgia for Tales of Symphonia and it's one of my favorite games of all time! COME ON GUYS LET'S AMP UP THE ENTHUSIASM FOR LLOYD!!!!!! He already had a Mii costume dedicated for him in the last game and Namco is helping develop this one as well. SO NOW IS THE TIME FOR LLOYD TO SHINE!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Count me in.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would certainly enjoy having Lloyd in the game. Tales of Symphonia was my actual first game of the Tales series and the only RPG I had on the Gamecube if I recall correctly. Also, with the fact Lloyd had a Mii costume ... it is always possible he could be in the game like what happened with Chrom, Inkling and King K. Rool.

Count me in as a supporter.

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
I would certainly enjoy having Lloyd in the game. Tales of Symphonia was my actual first game of the Tales series and the only RPG I had on the Gamecube if I recall correctly. Also, with the fact Lloyd had a Mii costume ... it is always possible he could be in the game like what happened with Chrom, Inkling and King K. Rool.

Count me in as a supporter.
Added!

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I blame Smash Flash for this but I tend to think of Issac, Lloyd, and Sora as some sort of trio. It doesn't help that they are all three early 2000's Anime Sword protagonists that were big characters on different systems (even if one was handheld).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Something bit weird to talk about if I mention this, but do you believe Sakurai might take cues from Mii Swordfighter's Specials resembling Lloyd's Techs as a a blueprint for implementing them?

I mostly feel there might be revisiting the aspect of Lloyd being Mii Swordfighter-costume with some matching specials to boot, so yeah.

Top Bottom