• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by as a Geno supporter to say that I'm impressed that Lloyd has managed to survive this long. Me and the rest of the Geno fandom know that feeling all too well and while history showed us something different than what we would have liked to see, with you it has been somewhat different.

I truly wish there's a light at the end of the tunnel and Lloyd actually makes it since the character has been supported since the Brawl era and considering how Tales of it's as popular, I feel like it warrants it at this point. Besides, as long as one of us fellow Mii Costume'd supporters for characters, at least one should make it.

Who knows what could the future bring, but here's crossing my fingers for you, guys. Stay strong.

:bowser: :starman:.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you how many times I felt like it was over for Lloyd. But now more than ever I feel like he has a big shot at getting in. It may be my optimism but I really believe that he is getting in as a fighter. I hope I'm not wrong. Oh and if someone could add me to Supporters that would be nice.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Random thing on a Lloyd thread, but if Cress gets in I hope his dtilt is a slide kick
I just think it would look cool to see his cape flowing in the wind while he quickly slides under danger.
Would the slide kick work for Lloyd and other Tales of reps? Maybe Velvet could use it.
If so, add him to the list of characters who have a slide kick before Kirby. Sakurai loves giving slide kicks to JRPG characters for some reason but not his own creation who actually has a slide kick in his games.

DazeXz

Smash Rookie
i have always thought that ryu would be a mii costume and when travis got in as one when his games were getting released it kinda made believe in this scenario even more then i remebered mii swordfighter even has a shuriken and and a chakram special. swordfighter also has moves similar to tales like the sword rain looking move and tempest looking one but my point is that i can easily picture ryu showing up has mii throwing shurikens and such. considering ryus games are coming in june around when we get our next character this seems pretty plausible.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Oooooh new Tales of Arise trailer, and more news coming this spring

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I like the choice of Ray Chase as Alphen, and I think that’s Erica Lindbeck as Shionne? Either way it looks like we’ll be getting more Tales news soon, which is nice

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Oooooh new Tales of Arise trailer, and more news coming this spring

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I like the choice of Ray Chase as Alphen, and I think that’s Erica Lindbeck as Shionne? Either way it looks like we’ll be getting more Tales news soon, which is nice
I hope a release date comes with that trailer. I have been looking forward to Tales of Arise for quite some time.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
More Tales of Arise news in Spring, huh… that's basically right around the corner.

Recently we got a trademark for something called Bandai Namco Next which could be an online presentation, so maybe that's where the more news of Arise could be seen?…

Makes me also wonder… if FP10 is, let's say, revealed in May (and released in June maybe, similar to how pyra and mythra were revealed in february, 2 months after sephiroth and then released shortly after in march), they could probably have the FP10 reveal in that Bamco Next presentation thing.

They work on Smash Ultimate, so it wouldn't be an impossible place to reveal a Bamco character, whether it's Lloyd or someone else… Of course this is JUST a theory, but hey, we've had reveals outside of nintendo directs, like at the game awards (twice now), so it wouldn't surprise me if Bamco working in smash would be allowed to reveal a bamco fighter in their own presentation. It's just a decent theory, imo 🤷‍♂️

And if fp10 doesn't get announced in that presentation, I still could see fp10 being possibly revealed prior to June anyway, if it's a simple to develop fighter like Sephiroth or even Pyra were. I don't think they will wait till E3 Nintendo's "potential" presentation to reveal the next character, specially since steve and sephiroth were already the big sellers of this pass, so I don't think they are gonna time fp10's reveal for E3 necessarily… I mean Arms was technically revealed months prior to June last year, even tho the character released in June, so if let's say Lloyd was announced in May or April in this supposedly Bamco presentation, it could still release around the month after its reveal.

Anyways! just theories and theories. A way to kill time as we wait lol. Whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
More Tales of Arise news in Spring, huh… that's basically right around the corner.

Recently we got a trademark for something called Bandai Namco Next which could be an online presentation, so maybe that's where the more news of Arise could be seen?…

Makes me also wonder… if FP10 is, let's say, revealed in May (and released in June maybe, similar to how pyra and mythra were revealed in february, 2 months after sephiroth and then released shortly after in march), they could probably have the FP10 reveal in that Bamco Next presentation thing.

They work on Smash Ultimate, so it wouldn't be an impossible place to reveal a Bamco character, whether it's Lloyd or someone else… Of course this is JUST a theory, but hey, we've had reveals outside of nintendo directs, like at the game awards (twice now), so it wouldn't surprise me if Bamco working in smash would be allowed to reveal a bamco fighter in their own presentation. It's just a decent theory, imo 🤷‍♂️

And if fp10 doesn't get announced in that presentation, I still could see fp10 being possibly revealed prior to June anyway, if it's a simple to develop fighter like Sephiroth or even Pyra were. I don't think they will wait till E3 Nintendo's "potential" presentation to reveal the next character, specially since steve and sephiroth were already the big sellers of this pass, so I don't think they are gonna time fp10's reveal for E3 necessarily… I mean Arms was technically revealed months prior to June last year, even tho the character released in June, so if let's say Lloyd was announced in May or April in this supposedly Bamco presentation, it could still release around the month after its reveal.

Anyways! just theories and theories. A way to kill time as we wait lol. Whatever happens, happens.
A friend of mines said that the next character would probably be revealed at E3 not sure if that's gonna happen because like you said the Bamco presentation thing could reveal our next fighter. Also E3 reveals tend to be characters that would be atomic bombs in popularity. If it is confirmed that Bandai Namco Next has the next character then Lloyd is on the top of my list. If Lloyd was going to be mii'd then there was no reason to exclude him from Pyra's Mii wave unless another Tales character is getting in. So yeah I think a possible smash reveal before E3 could happen.

MattX20

Smash Hero

We have to wait and see what that Bandai Namco presentation brings. For all we know, both of the remaining fighters in the pass could be revealed at E3 going by how previous years from Smash 4 to Ultimate typically had at least 2 reveals each.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We have to wait and see what that Bandai Namco presentation brings. For all we know, both of the remaining fighters in the pass could be revealed at E3 going by how previous years from Smash 4 to Ultimate typically had at least 2 reveals each.
That was a while ago, last year didn't go that way. It could go either way depending on what's their current marketing strategy or reasons for scheduling the next fighters in whichever way, so I wouldn't bank on the past that hard. For all we know they could keep one reveal in summer and then one in fall like last year.

A friend of mines said that the next character would probably be revealed at E3 not sure if that's gonna happen because like you said the Bamco presentation thing could reveal our next fighter. Also E3 reveals tend to be characters that would be atomic bombs in popularity. If it is confirmed that Bandai Namco Next has the next character then Lloyd is on the top of my list. If Lloyd was going to be mii'd then there was no reason to exclude him from Pyra's Mii wave unless another Tales character is getting in. So yeah I think a possible smash reveal before E3 could happen.
My biggest issue will always be: why just have the mii costume back and still not a single Tales Of spirit neither in base game, nor a spirit event for the anniversary last december, while DQ and FF have plenty of content now?. You would think Tales Of content was super easy to have from the start with Bamco even working on this Smash game, but we didn't even got that… It doesn't make sense to me to just have Lloyd's mii back and NOTHING else from the series, when Tales Of series is considered one of the top 3 Jrpgs alongside DQ and FF. I will die on this hill, but it is way too suspicious to me and makes no sense to end in such a way lackluster way (nevermind the fact that only having pacman is never gonna stop feeling wrong, lol).

I have faith in Lloyd, but damn me and my bad luck lately, so I try really hard now to keep my hopes in check at the same time 😅 … I just can't shake this feeling that something is missing in Lloyd's very specific case, and that he might indeed be one of the remaining 2… here's hoping 🤞

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
That was a while ago, last year didn't go that way. It could go either way depending on what's their current marketing strategy or reasons for scheduling the next fighters in whichever way, so I wouldn't bank on the past that hard. For all we know they could keep one reveal in summer and then one in fall like last year.

My biggest issue will always be: why just have the mii costume back and still not a single Tales Of spirit neither in base game, nor a spirit event for the anniversary last december, while DQ and FF have plenty of content now?. You would think Tales Of content was super easy to have from the start with Bamco even working on this Smash game, but we didn't even got that… It doesn't make sense to me to just have Lloyd's mii back and NOTHING else from the series, when Tales Of series is considered one of the top 3 Jrpgs alongside DQ and FF. I will die on this hill, but it is way too suspicious to me and makes no sense to end in such a way lackluster way (nevermind the fact that only having pacman is never gonna stop feeling wrong, lol).

I have faith in Lloyd, but damn me and my bad luck lately, so I try really hard now to keep my hopes in check at the same time 😅 … I just can't shake this feeling that something is missing in Lloyd's very specific case, and that he might indeed be one of the remaining 2… here's hoping 🤞
You make a good point. Tales of has no content in smash outside of that mii costume, not even spirits and it should be super easy for Nintendo to get the rights to use any characters in the Tales series. The only Bamco character in the roster is Pac-Man. I really do see a Tales rep as one of the final fighters. Lloyd has the best chance of being that Tales rep although Yuri has a good shot too.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You make a good point. Tales of has no content in smash outside of that mii costume, not even spirits and it should be super easy for Nintendo to get the rights to use any characters in the Tales series. The only Bamco character in the roster is Pac-Man. I really do see a Tales rep as one of the final fighters. Lloyd has the best chance of being that Tales rep although Yuri has a good shot too.
Having just Pacman as the only namco rep is also just … why? lol… Like if lloyd's mii comes back, at least give us spirits too, not just a damn mii lol, come on. What is this timeline of FF finally getting plenty of content but Tales Of has jack **** ? it doesn't feel right man hahaha XD

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Having just Pacman as the only namco rep is also just … why? lol… Like if lloyd's mii comes back, at least give us spirits too, not just a damn mii lol, come on. What is this timeline of FF finally getting plenty of content but Tales Of has jack **** ? it doesn't feel right man hahaha XD
Yeah you are right. Plus wasn't Square Enix hard to work with I heard Sakurai had to struggle to keep Cloud in Ultimate. Namco shouldn't be difficult to work with.

widu0746

Smash Rookie
I think Smash waiting for more tales of news to come out before releasing Lloyd just makes more sense. The tales of series were majorly delayed because of the pandemic. This goes into thinking that since their own products are being delayed LLoyd or a tales of rep in smash was probably delayed with it. Smash character reveals are pretty big and having them announced along with actual new products kinda comes hand in hand like how monster hunter got their mii costume with the new monster hunter game coming in the same month. Fingers crossed that we get a more definitive date for tales of Arise and more tales of products and hopefully can expect a tales rep announcement with it

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
There's a chance that Lloyd could be CP11 since it'll be around August when that it will release at the rate of each DLC character being released now and that's when Symphonia's anniversary is. The Lloyd mii costume will not be in CP10 if the next character belongs to a company that wants the mii costume wave to be their own characters like Square Enix or if it's miraculously Chun-Li(Third Strike anniversary is in May).

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
There's a chance that Lloyd could be CP11 since it'll be around August when that it will release at the rate of each DLC character being released now and that's when Symphonia's anniversary is. The Lloyd mii costume will not be in CP10 if the next character belongs to a company that wants the mii costume wave to be their own characters like Square Enix or if it's miraculously Chun-Li(Third Strike anniversary is in May).
But which Company would want the mii costume wave to be only their characters besides Square Enix? I'm drawing a blank here. maybe Activision or Konami? but even then that's iffy. I honestly have no clue. Lloyd being release during Symphonia's anniversary would be really cool tho.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We have found our first glitch in this new patch. Apparently somehow Pit can have this visual glitch of an arrow stuck on his body. Some people might say it could be a thing for Ryu or Lloyd, but the thing with glitches is not so much how they "look", but rather which moves causes them. The guy in the tweet didn't explain how the glitch happens, like which move causes it, so I'm now asking him to see if he can tell what move does this, because the type of move might be what actually more hinting of what new character could be using it 🧐

Reminder that there were glitches before each dlc character that self explained themselves once we compared them to the new character. In the case of Pyra's, which was the most recent, it was the pokemon trainer switching causing some glitch apparently.

Still take it with a grain of salt of course, speculation hurts nobody.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
We have found our first glitch in this new patch. Apparently somehow Pit can have this visual glitch of an arrow stuck on his body. Some people might say it could be a thing for Ryu or Lloyd, but the thing with glitches is not so much how they "look", but rather which moves causes them. The guy in the tweet didn't explain how the glitch happens, like which move causes it, so I'm now asking him to see if he can tell what move does this, because the type of move might be what actually more hinting of what new character could be using it 🧐

Reminder that there were glitches before each dlc character that self explained themselves once we compared them to the new character. In the case of Pyra's, which was the most recent, it was the pokemon trainer switching causing some glitch apparently.

Kind of interesting since I think Dark Pit and Pit are the only characters that technically dual wield swords (though not actually swords) that being said this is a glitch with the arrow which Lloyd has only one projectile attack I know of and it doesn't really fit an arrow.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Hayabusa has used shurikens and kunai, which is what some are guessing right now. Unless Lloyd has something similar?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Hayabusa has used shurikens and kunai, which is what some are guessing right now. Unless Lloyd has something similar?
Lloyds only real projectile is Demon Fang it'd a sword slash that travels across the ground rather than mid air though.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman

So for now, we don't actually know how to encounter this glitch? It could be possible that the glitch has something to do with Dark Pit charging and releasing a projectile rather than something to do with the arrow itself. It being Dark Pit because the Pits' arrows don't have an innate projectile curve; they always travel in a straight line if they aren't messed with. Maybe Dark Pit specifically because his arrows aren't as curvable as Pit's are.

I don't know if that would have anything to do with Lloyd, however. The only thing that I could think of is maybe they have Demon Fang chargeable, like Demon Fang -> Double Demon Fang -> Demonic Chaos, depending on the charge. But it would make more sense for those artes to happen just by pressing neutral special multiple times rather than charging it. This is all just speculation, of course.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So for now, we don't actually know how to encounter this glitch? It could be possible that the glitch has something to do with Dark Pit charging and releasing a projectile rather than something to do with the arrow itself. It being Dark Pit because the Pits' arrows don't have an innate projectile curve; they always travel in a straight line if they aren't messed with. Maybe Dark Pit specifically because his arrows aren't as curvable as Pit's are.

I don't know if that would have anything to do with Lloyd, however. The only thing that I could think of is maybe they have Demon Fang chargeable, like Demon Fang -> Double Demon Fang -> Demonic Chaos, depending on the charge. But it would make more sense for those artes to happen just by pressing neutral special multiple times rather than charging it. This is all just speculation, of course.
The guy responded me when I asked him:

Then a friend of mine had to say this on discord after I showed it to them (they basically started analyzing the situation) :

"He did but
This is trying to load the second sword
Because that was the last attack used, but the state doesn't match up.
So it does an arrow instead

I bet this doesn't happen if you're in bow state as is

I'm comparing the glitch to how twin daggers looks
the arrow looks like it's trying to match to the hand
so it's definitely trying to be "held" by him"

Then we talked about if this is just Dark Pit or Pit as well, but he then said why it might not both of them, just Dark pit, and also something that lloyd could also be using from him coincidentally:

" It's not like the Belmonts
like I doubt pit would be doing it too since they don't share code
dark pit's code is a copy of his

…as for WHY Dark Pit could be being used instead of Pit? I have an idea

his up taunt, doesn't it seem like Lloyd's done that?
he beckons with one of his blades. Lloyd does that same motion with the taunt ex skill in Symphonia
so my guess was they were already taking stuff from dark pit and decided it'd be easier to just take everything they needed from him
rather than split it across both
oh actually, that's even more damning now that I think about it

because there's no other reason really why you would pick dark pit over pit, everything else they do is practically the same animation wise… it's just their taunts. So it's only dark pit"

But yeah this was just speculation based on this new visual glitch that has been found out. Just take it with a grain of salt, we never know what it could end turning it to be, but by the looks of it it definitely could work for Lloyd in certain ways. I doubt a glitch like this could mean anything for someone like Crash, for example, lol.

Last edited:

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
Remind me, because I genuinely don't recall: have these glitches turned out to relate to upcoming DLC characters in the past? Like, I remember speculation cropping up when things like this have happened in the past, but I don't remember if it ended up panning out

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Remind me, because I genuinely don't recall: have these glitches turned out to relate to upcoming DLC characters in the past? Like, I remember speculation cropping up when things like this have happened in the past, but I don't remember if it ended up panning out
I can't remember in detail, but from what I've heard from people who have been paying attention to glitches prior to each dlc:

Pyra/Mythra, had Pokemon Trainer glitching

Min Min apparently had Captain falcon glitching prior to her release as well

Byleth up air and up smash are Simon up tilt, which was glitching as well if i recall…

I dunno if there has been more but yeah there's been almost a glitch prior to each dlc character. Glitches of characters who shouldn't be naturally glitching if they weren't even touched in their current patch version of the game, yet they glitched, and it's because they were being played around with for the upcoming dlc character in each time.

There was a glitch for Bayo but we don't know if that ever turned being anything or if it still will, considering they develop multiple fighters at the same time…

Important: Glitches are never visually literal, so for example this glitch of dark pit having an arrow involved doesn't mean at all anything for freaking Decidueye lol, or any other bowman user. None of the glitches so far have been 100% directly telling of elements used in the next fighter.

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember in detail, but from what I've heard from people who have been paying attention to glitches prior to each dlc:

Pyra/Mythra, had Pokemon Trainer glitching

Min Min apparently had Captain falcon glitching prior to her release as well

Byleth up air and up smash are Simon up tilt, which was glitching as well if i recall…

I dunno if there has been more but yeah there's been almost a glitch prior to each dlc character. Glitches of characters who shouldn't be naturally glitching if they weren't even touched in their current patch version of the game, yet they glitched, and it's because they were being played around with for the upcoming dlc character in each time.

There was a glitch for Bayo but we don't know if that ever turned being anything or if it still will, considering they develop multiple fighters at the same time…

Important: Glitches are never visually literal, so for example this glitch of dark pit having an arrow involved doesn't mean at all anything for freaking Decidueye lol, or any other bowman user. None of the glitches so far have been 100% directly telling of elements used in the next fighter.
Was there a noticeable glitch prior to Steve? Steve was pretty glitchy when he first came out. Even if this glitch turns out to be nothing I still think it's funny like imagine you are Dark Pit charging up an arrow then you get punch and the arrow is fused to your body. That's hilarious!

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Was there a noticeable glitch prior to Steve? Steve was pretty glitchy when he first came out. Even if this glitch turns out to be nothing I still think it's funny like imagine you are Dark Pit charging up an arrow then you get punch and the arrow is fused to your body. That's hilarious!
I asked around but no one was able to tell me if there was a character glitching prior to steve or sephiroth, I will have to dig more somewhere else, it's not like it always happens, but it has happened a few times already as you can see.

inb4 it's Dante stabbing himself lol jk

The opposite, actually. We found that she used Captain Falcon's skeleton and reused the Falcon Kick animation for her dash attack, but Cap never glitched at all.
Ah nevermind that one then. I wish there was a database compiling all of the glitches so far or something lol

Last edited:

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
So what becomes of this thread if Lloyd does get in as a fighter? Does it get archived or something? Does it become abandoned until Lloyd gets cut from the next game? I know it's still just a chance that he's in this one, but I do wonder

MattX20

Smash Hero
So what becomes of this thread if Lloyd does get in as a fighter? Does it get archived or something? Does it become abandoned until Lloyd gets cut from the next game? I know it's still just a chance that he's in this one, but I do wonder
If Lloyd gets in, this thread becomes the social thread and a separate forum will be created for Lloyd.

MrMilk

Smash Rookie
The guy responded me when I asked him:

Then a friend of mine had to say this on discord after I showed it to them (they basically started analyzing the situation) :

"He did but
This is trying to load the second sword
Because that was the last attack used, but the state doesn't match up.
So it does an arrow instead

I bet this doesn't happen if you're in bow state as is

I'm comparing the glitch to how twin daggers looks
the arrow looks like it's trying to match to the hand
so it's definitely trying to be "held" by him"

Then we talked about if this is just Dark Pit or Pit as well, but he then said why it might not both of them, just Dark pit, and also something that lloyd could also be using from him coincidentally:

" It's not like the Belmonts
like I doubt pit would be doing it too since they don't share code

dark pit's code is a copy of his

…as for WHY Dark Pit could be being used instead of Pit? I have an idea

his up taunt, doesn't it seem like Lloyd's done that?
he beckons with one of his blades. Lloyd does that same motion with the taunt ex skill in Symphonia
so my guess was they were already taking stuff from dark pit and decided it'd be easier to just take everything they needed from him
rather than split it across both
oh actually, that's even more damning now that I think about it

because there's no other reason really why you would pick dark pit over pit, everything else they do is practically the same animation wise… it's just their taunts. So it's only dark pit"

But yeah this was just speculation based on this new visual glitch that has been found out. Just take it with a grain of salt, we never know what it could end turning it to be, but by the looks of it it definitely could work for Lloyd in certain ways. I doubt a glitch like this could mean anything for someone like Crash, for example, lol.
Great work on the continued analysis here! I'm going to really miss Smash speculation either way once this is all done by presumably end of this year. Now as far as Lloyd goes, do we think 10 or 11 would be more likely at this point? I would think 10 with that Bandai Namco next thing being on the table.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Great work on the continued analysis here! I'm going to really miss Smash speculation either way once this is all done by presumably end of this year. Now as far as Lloyd goes, do we think 10 or 11 would be more likely at this point? I would think 10 with that Bandai Namco next thing being on the table.
I'm thinking 10 too. It wouldn't be far-fetched to have the next Fighter revealed at Bamco's presentation. Also I don't think Nintendo would want a repeat of Byleth. Not saying that Lloyd wouldn't be hype but you know if he is revealed there are going to be people who will complain. You know the "We don't want Anime Swordfighters" group. Fighter 11 would probably be an "Atom Bomb" character. Which is a character that is insanely popular and well known and guaranteed to make passes sell.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Fighter reveals are usually reserved for Nintendo streams, the only ones not to be so were joker and sephiroth, so the game awards trick was already used this pass. I think the thing to take away from the Bandai next (possible?) stream is to watch out and see if Tales gets any promotion, and if they want to market it.

One thing that would seal the deal IMO is if a Symphonia port was announced for switch but time will tell if these teaser anniversary announcements actually amount to anything.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Lloyd's chances never relied on the bandai namco's direct thing, or a port coming. So it doesn't really matter if neither of those things are connected to one of the smash reveals.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

There is another glitch this one is a little harder to speculate on.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

It's harder because it's nearly impossible to think this is character specific when it's actually a ton of projectiles having troubles with hitboxes. It's not like Dark Pit's glitch which is specific to just his character. I don't think the projectiles glitch means anything specific towards anything.

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, at first I was thinking of a possible mechanic that could come with Lloyd, Over Limit. My guess is that it would make him unflinchable with weaker moves, but then I saw the projectiles don't even do damage in this glitch. I also think I heard that this is apparently happening with multiple characters and isn't character-specific, so I don't think that this glitch would actually be pointing towards anything.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It's harder because it's nearly impossible to think this is character specific when it's actually a ton of projectiles having troubles with hitboxes. It's not like Dark Pit's glitch which is specific to just his character. I don't think the projectiles glitch means anything specific towards anything.
Actually, I could buy this one a bit more because it's more widespread. The character-specific glitches seem rather cherry-picky, and either way I don't see why the code would leak out. If we take an animation from Character A and reuse it for Character B, wouldn't it just be listed under Character B's folder and not interfere with A's code? Either way, there's still a lot of stuff going on all at once; There's a lot of tiny little things that could mess something up. because of that, I don't really invest in Glitch Theory.

If it did hint towards anyone, though (If being the keyword), I think it'd be Reimu. Touhou's Grazing mechanics and hitboxes pretty much let the projectiles phase through the players. The mainline shooters have tiny hitboxes so you can actually dodge the bullets while still being able to see your character, and in the fighters, you become immune to projectiles while dashing, like Lucas in the clip. Again, I don't really think it really points to anyone, but if it did, I think it would be for Reimu.

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice

Projectile Immunity very interesting.
New Smash Update!! Characters all have Ultra Instinct!! I love Smash Glitches. lol
Actually, I could buy this one a bit more because it's more widespread. The character-specific glitches seem rather cherry-picky, and either way I don't see why the code would leak out. If we take an animation from Character A and reuse it for Character B, wouldn't it just be listed under Character B's folder and not interfere with A's code? Either way, there's still a lot of stuff going on all at once; There's a lot of tiny little things that could mess something up. because of that, I don't really invest in Glitch Theory.

If it did hint towards anyone, though (If being the keyword), I think it'd be Reimu. Touhou's Grazing mechanics and hitboxes pretty much let the projectiles phase through the players. The mainline shooters have tiny hitboxes so you can actually dodge the bullets while still being able to see your character, and in the fighters, you become immune to projectiles while dashing, like Lucas in the clip. Again, I don't really think it really points to anyone, but if it did, I think it would be for Reimu.
I'm with you. I think that this glitch is nothing and doesn't really point to anyone. Just another random but funny glitch.

Top Bottom