• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

Handy Man

Smash Ace
As someone who wanted King K. Rool in Smash 4 and got incredibly happy that he got added into Ultimate, I just wanted to stop by and say congrats for avoiding the dreaded Mii costume reappearance. As of now, Lloyd is the only Mii costume from Smash 4 not to return, and I feel like Namco really deserves a second rep. I don’t know much about Lloyd or Tales of, but I know how it feels to suffer for so long, only to finally be rewarded. I hope that Lloyd has a similar fate to King K. Rool. I’m rooting for you guys, godspeed.

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Just popping in here to say that although Lloyd isn’t one of my wanted characters, it is nice to see that after all this time Lloyd still hasn’t been deconfirmed yet. I’m rooting for you guys and hope he gets in.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am keeping in mind Lloyd can be unceremoniously Geno'd but I think there's evidence enough to say Namco may be one of the final companies 2 get a third party. If I had 2 guess I'd say Crash and Lloyd/ Chosen Undead (cause admittedly, Dark Souls coming to smash would probably be a Minecraft-esque twitter moment)

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
People are already saying he's going to be mii costumed in the next one. Not much to say against that, but we've seen fan rules break time and time again. He could easily be the one to break this one and become playable along side the costume returning. Who knows. Stayin' Hopeful, big sigh of relief today and hopefully the Tales of Fest happening this upcoming week brings alot of Tales of News.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I personally expect the costume will return whether Lloyd is in or not. They already have the costume, it's not like they won't use it again. We just need the man himself to turn up first

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally believe Lloyd or Yuri is going to get in because Lloyd was the only Smash 4 Mii costume to not get a physical appearance in Ultimate yet unlike all the other Smash 4 Mii costumes who became a playable character, Assist Trophy, Spirit, boss, background cameo, ect in Ultimate. Lloyd or Tales Of doesn't have any of that in Ultimate and the Lloyd costume is the last Smash 4 costume yet to return. Coincidence? I think not.

NB96

Smash Rookie
My opinion is that Lloyd is highly likely to be a Mii Costume still. And that IF we get a Bandai Namco character it will be a Dark Souls character.

NB96

Smash Rookie
We could get a Soul Calibur rep if not a Tales Of or Dark Souls rep.
Realistically Dark Souls is the way bigger and more culturally relevant IP. I mean anything's possible I guess but it would be shocking if they picked Soul Calibur over Dark Souls.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Let's see the Smash 4 Mii costumes that got some kind of promotion in Ultimate:

Playable fighters: Inkling, K. Rool, Chrom, Isabelle.

New Assist Trophies: Zero, Knuckles, Black Knight.

Veteran Assist Trophies: Ashley, Takamaru.

Bosses: Rathalos.

Veteran background cameo: Tails, Virdi, ect.

Lloyd or Tales Of didn't get anything in base game despite Lloyd being a Mii costume in Smash 4. This could lead to something.

Realistically Dark Souls is the way bigger and more culturally relevant IP. I mean anything's possible I guess but it would be shocking if they picked Soul Calibur over Dark Souls.
Well, that doesn't mean the bigger IP would get a character first.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
A side note that concert leak might have been debunked with the Monster Hunter Mii costumes being revealed which bodes well for Lloyd
Not by much, though. Most 4chan anonymous leaks have very little credibility by default, so they don't really change much in terms of chances.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Iconic status and popularity could be two different things. Resident Evil is just as iconic or more than Mega Man and Street Fighter. But those franchises got a character probably due to fan demand and seniority. But just because a franchise is bigger, it doesn't mean it will get a rep first.

Top Bottom