• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I mentioned this in the general speculation thread, but it struck me as odd that Ninjara was in the running more than any other non-Min Min ARMS character. Then I remember hearing Ninjara is really only popular in Japan.

That made me think that Sakurai might prioritize the Japanese popularity when multiple characters are in the running, which would put Yuri over Lloyd as far as a Tales rep goes. Let's hope it means nothing.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I mentioned this in the general speculation thread, but it struck me as odd that Ninjara was in the running more than any other non-Min Min ARMS character. Then I remember hearing Ninjara is really only popular in Japan.

That made me think that Sakurai might prioritize the Japanese popularity when multiple characters are in the running, which would put Yuri over Lloyd as far as a Tales rep goes. Let's hope it means nothing.
Sakurai himself considered Lloyd over anyone else tho, lol. He didn't even think it would be anyone else. The only way it's not lloyd imo is that we get another producer request situation, but i doubt that happens twice in a row.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Sakurai himself considered Lloyd over anyone else tho, lol. He didn't even think it would be anyone else. The only way it's not lloyd imo is that we get another producer request situation, but i doubt that happens twice in a row.
A lot can change in 4 years. But you're right, Sakurai mentioning him by name would make you assume he's the one. I guess we'll see.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mii costume is so scary lol
It's just a hard deconfirmation
I would say only if it's a DLC costume. Base game costume characters I believe are safe and could potentially get promoted down the line through DLC.

So far the only 3rd party mii costumes missing are Geno, Lloyd, the monster hunter costumes and Gill.

I see this going down one of the following ways-

1. All costumes are brought back periodically throughout the fighters pass (worse case scenario)

2. Geno and Lloyd become playable characters and get new mii costumes along with them

3. Lloyd becomes playable and along with him returns the Gill costume (seeing as they’re both Namco properties)
View attachment 275952
Scenario 2 is the most likely in my opinion. Geno and Lloyd are getting promoted.

Last edited:

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody have any insight into the Scott Menville NDA situation? It seems too far off to be smash related considering we’ve gotten 3 characters since then and Scott himself has seemingly disappeared (at least from Twitter)

Shergiock

Smash Rookie
Does anybody have any insight into the Scott Menville NDA situation? It seems too far off to be smash related considering we’ve gotten 3 characters since then and Scott himself has seemingly disappeared (at least from Twitter)
Don't worry. It requieres a lot of time to prepare this kind of things, and with the COVID-19... Scott, in the meanwhile, hasn't said anything about that.

I really really think Lloyd is in Smash Ultimate. If they don't show us some Bandai Namco charater, or JRPG charater or swordman... I think the Mii costume will be upgrade to Fighter.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Minute 1:58 almost made me choke lol.

Man I really wonder what's up with Scott Menville… he hasn't been active since last year on twitter…

Last edited:

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Wasn’t there some casual chatter about a potential rerelease coming for the Switch not that long ago?
It's more like fans speculating which game will be ported next. People believe Symphonia next since it'd be easy with chronicles already existing, and it's the best selling game in the series. Could potentially be something else though, like Xillia or Abyss.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
More news for the Tales of series coming..
I definitely doubt it's just the mobile game, and we know Arise is delayed so… Hmm… There is a namco event coming this month so maybe we will start seeing something there.

Last edited:

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
More news for the Tales of series coming..
To add on to this, the Bandai Namco twitter also had this to say when linking the video.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/1278599577369808898
"We have a lot planned for you to enjoy over the coming months, but for now, explore the history of the Tales of games on our site!"
While in theory they could just be referring to the mobile game and Arise, I'm going to be hopeful and say they are referring to potential port/ a remaster. I'm personally hoping for a Tales of Symphonia chronicles port to switch/ a remaster of Tales of the Abyss. As Nazyrus said through, we will have to see if they announce anything at their event.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
To add on to this, the Bandai Namco twitter also had this to say when linking the video.
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/1278599577369808898
"We have a lot planned for you to enjoy over the coming months, but for now, explore the history of the Tales of games on our site!"
While in theory they could just be referring to the mobile game and Arise, I'm going to be hopeful and say they are referring to potential port/ a remaster. I'm personally hoping for a Tales of Symphonia chronicles port to switch/ a remaster of Tales of the Abyss. As Nazyrus said through, we will have to see if they announce anything at their event.
Yeah I certainly doubt that for this Tales anniversary celebration it would be reduced to just a mobile game and a delayed game news, I think there could be potentially something else, hopefully.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
I already bought ToS Chronicles on PS, so I would say I don't care. BUT, if ToS Chronicles comes to switch, it would definitively increase a lot Lloyd's chance for Smash. Funny how Smash makes us wish games we won't buy.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After seeing Heihachi's Mii costume return, I more than confident saying Lloyd is a lock at this point. Though I feel sorry for the Heihachi fans.

D

Deleted member

After seeing Heihachi's Mii costume return, I more than confident saying Lloyd is a lock at this point. Though I feel sorry for the Heihachi fans.
Don’t think I’d say that if I were you. You never know what’s going to happen.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don’t think I’d say that if I were you. You never know what’s going to happen.
I literally think Lloyd is getting in. There are other Namco characters I want more like a Soul Calibur rep like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare or KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, but I believe Lloyd's chances are much higher because of his popularity and how big the Tales series is over in Japan.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I don't recall if it's been said here already or not, but it would be awesome for Lloyd to face off against Galeem's forces in a Smash trailer. It would be thematically appropriate since angel-esque beings drive the conflict in Symphonia, and it would be a cool callback to Hero, the last JRPG character to be added, fighting Dharkon's forces.

Although, if they do this announcement in the upcoming Bamco news update, they may not have that much lead-up to Lloyd's announcement to make it more of a surprise.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
If we had Palutena's Guidance for dlc characters, then Pit would be really scared of Lloyd because one of the song is literally called "Beat the Angel".

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If we had Palutena's Guidance for dlc characters, then Pit would be really scared of Lloyd because one of the song is literally called "Beat the Angel".
Lol! I can picture Palutena or Viridi in a Palutena's Guidance codex breaking the 4th wall and bringing that song up just to scare Pit ******** lmao!

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
I think the next thing to look out for is the play anime event on the 22nd that Nazyrus Nazyrus posted, seeing as though apparently Bamco is looking to celebrate the series.

sidebar: anyone else remember back when Sabi was leaking that his NoA source said something big for the tales series was coming? I have a feeling this all ties in to it

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think the next thing to look out for is the play anime event on the 22nd that Nazyrus Nazyrus posted, seeing as though apparently Bamco is looking to celebrate the series.

sidebar: anyone else remember back when Sabi was leaking that his NoA source said something big for the tales series was coming? I have a feeling this all ties in to it
Yeah word was, around the same time in october when the tales series logo and the icon book were trademarked, that "tales news coming" was what we heard then, it hasn't happened so far… probably due to how this year began witih the virus and such, it probably suffered some delay if there's anything coming really. We know that overall we haven't had many annoucements from nintendo as it is, so yeah… probably just bad luck of timming with the situation. Or maybe they wanted to delay the news for the actual anniversary. Here's hoping these anniversary plans of releasing news in the near future has something Nintendo in it lol… this wait is such a pain

Last edited:

widu0746

Smash Rookie
With rumors of a Nintendo Direct coming in the next week or two, and this month being pretty big for the tales series, with the tales of 25th-anniversary teaser and even the anniversary of tales of Symphonia releasing in the USA being July 13th. Could this all be hints that LLoyd will finally be added to smash? things seem to be lining up quite nicely! one could only hope

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
With rumors of a Nintendo Direct coming in the next week or two, and this month being pretty big for the tales series, with the tales of 25th-anniversary teaser and even the anniversary of tales of Symphonia releasing in the USA being July 13th. Could this all be hints that LLoyd will finally be added to smash? things seem to be lining up quite nicely! one could only hope
Honestly I’m quite nervous but I hope so, the only thing that would make me full on say “He’s in” is if a Symphonia port is announced. I really want Bamco to do something for the tales anniversary.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I hope Lloyd finally gets revealed to end the mii costume section dread of every presentation video. But remember to hype responsibly.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
ToS is now old enough to drive (at least in the US).

I could go on a long rant about it but I won’t. Just wanna say that it still holds a place in my heart as my favorite game of all time and the game that got me into JRPG’s as a whole.

And as always it’s still #Lloyd4smash
0A28668F-21CA-414A-A795-C2836645C0A3.jpeg

widu0746

Smash Rookie
Tales of crestoria mobile game was released yesterday. The models for LLoyd may be the closest thing we have atm on how he might look in smash ultimate

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Minute 1:58 almost made me choke lol.

Man I really wonder what's up with Scott Menville… he hasn't been active since last year on twitter…
Check his twitter. His earliest post since his hiatus was July 7th.

Tales of crestoria mobile game was released yesterday. The models for LLoyd may be the closest thing we have atm on how he might look in smash ultimate
"Tales of Symphonia Remake" please!

Misuta

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4574-4296-7309
I want a close-up of Lloyd when he uses his Mystic Arte in Ultimate. Similar to Robin's Pair Up where Chrom's face is shown.

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Given everything that’s known it would seem SOMETHING related to the Tales series and Nintendo should be happening. If the direct is indeed real then this would be a chance to show it off.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
For real, even if there isn't a smash reveal, I hope we see something Tales related in the direct (if it exists). And keep in mind guys, even if there is no Tales of game shown off tomorrow, there is still the Bandai Namco showcase a few days later they might save the Tales of news for. Even if there is no smash news, I hope we get some new interesting game that hasn't been leaked yet. I like being surprised.

Also, I am a bit late on this, but holy crap that render of Lloyd looks sick.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

The direct is focused on 3rd party titles. Hoping for any Tales news here!

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman

The direct is focused on 3rd party titles. Hoping for any Tales news here!
Me too, not too sure if we will though as apparently this direct is supposed to focused on already announced games? Idk its weird

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Just dropping in to pledge my support. I think Geno is getting in next, and if that happens then Lloyd and Rayman will be tied for my new most wanted. Figured I'd drop in and get acquainted with ya'll.

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, it's nice to have the video not get premiered live. Less pressure to "catch up" if your stream has a hiccup, less risk of spoilers from the live chat if you get behind. But an under ten minute presentation that talked about just those four games was not worth the hype and speculation leading up to it.

Just dropping in to pledge my support. I think Geno is getting in next, and if that happens then Lloyd and Rayman will be tied for my new most wanted. Figured I'd drop in and get acquainted with ya'll.
Welcome to the crew, lad!

Last edited:
Top Bottom