• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
That was a complete massacre, there goes my hope for getting Dante or any of my MWs in this game. Since I already knew Lloyd wasn't getting.
At this point only Shadow may miraculously make it but I'm not really confident with him being an AT and all that noise.
Anyway, I'm just grateful I got Sephiroth but damn it hurts.
shadow is my most wanted character. Ugh stinks to be a shadow or llyod fan

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Narrator: "...But Lloyd didn't survive the slaughter..."
"In fact... He was the first to go down, willing to take the first bullet..."

IWantMyBurd

Smash Apprentice
I still think Lloyd has a non zero chance in Ultimate, but it might as well be zero. I don't care who gets added now. I'm sure it'll be a quality fighter.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As a Geno fan I want express my best wishes to Lloyd fans. Waiting this long for deconfirmation (and right before the end) sucks, and a fandom as chill as this one deserved at least a deluxe mini costume.

Hope the next Smash yields better luck.

zferolie

Smash Hero
We all knew this was coming for lloyd, but i think sakurai saying llyod, shantae, dante, and dragonborn all being highly requested characters is a good thing. It means if smash 6 happens in the future, that he knows these 4 would be highly loved as new additions

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
shadow is my most wanted character. Ugh stinks to be a shadow or llyod fan
Yeah, it feels so damn close yet so far, it's hard to explain really

Wouldn't really be Ultimate without the ''Ultimate Lifeform'', if feels really weird that he isn't here. Well, one can only hope Sonic character fits 2nd chance theory but I'm having serious doubts at this point, stars would have to align here.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, at least Lloyd's back in the game, I suppose... Costumes are better then nothing, though I'll admit it's harder to be excited about the "better then nothing"-ess of a returning Mii Costume.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I figured I would pop in here real quick to offer my deepest condolences to you all.

I'm not really a Lloyd supporter myself, and I never touched Tales Of Symphonia in my life, but I'm devastated to see Lloyd return once again as a Mii. Trust me, I know how it feels. I was a huge Geno supporter afterall, and after so much "evidence" stacked in favor of the both of them only to amount to nothing stings really bad and feels like a gigantic slap in the face. After Geno returned as a Mii, I was seriously rooting for you all to have the victory I wasn't able to achieve, and I'm saddened that this happened to you guys, believe me, I really didn't want this to.
That's why I'm planning on buying the costume, because even though Lloyd's chances to be a playable character may look grim right now, we can definitely speak with our wallets and show to both Nintendo and Sakurai that Lloyd is a character we want to see in Smash as a playable character. I don't even have an attachment to him, but I definitely plan on getting him for the sake of you guys.

Here's a quick meme to lighten the mood. Take care everyone.

IMG_20210628_131048.jpg

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I'm here with Enigma735 Enigma735 to share my sympathy with you guys. Being a Geno fan, I know exactly how much it blows having your character relegated to a Mii costume.

I've also been playing Tales of Symphonia on and off the last couple months or so. Despite not having beaten it yet, what I played was pretty fun and I can really see how cool of a fighter Lloyd would've been. And even though it was expected, his Mii returning is still a huge bummer.

Take care y'all, I'll definitely be cheering for Lloyd once Smash 6 comes along.

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
lol, is this 2002?

Namco's rep came down to either Tekken or Tales and they went for Tekken. Calling Sakurai a, "piece of trash" when it was obvious his Mii outfit was coming back is ridiculous. I really wonder why posts like this aren't ban-worthy.
I got a bit too angry. I fixed it because I know Sakurai has zero say over who gets in, it's Nintendo's doing.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I knew Lloyd was dead since the Tales or Arise annoucement. I argued a lot about the marketing climate between Nintendo and Tales of. So at least I'm not really disapointed. But I wish it had happened sooner. I'd be a liar if I'd say I didn't have at least a faint hope.

Oh well. Almost 20 years to wait for him, I can wait a bit longer.

Still, I'm shocked that between all of the mii costume we get on this Wave, Shantae was the one getting a song. Not Tales of, Skyrim or DMC, but Shantae ?

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly suprised we didn't even get a Chosen Undead mii, you thought they would as dark Souls has jumped tales in both popularity and sales as of late

I also don't get why they felt the need to tell us the esrb rating of Tales of Symphonia lmao

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I also don't get why they felt the need to tell us the esrb rating of Tales of Symphonia lmao
I assume that they're required to mention the ESRB rating of any game that's got a higher rating than Smash, presumably for similar reasons to why we got Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x ALTAIR.

Also, does anyone have suggestions for a new thread title?

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
I assume that they're required to mention the ESRB rating of any game that's got a higher rating than Smash, presumably for similar reasons to why we got Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x ALTAIR.

Lloyd got slaughtered

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Interestingly on the first point there are a few Shantae games rated E or E10, but since the music is from a T game I think they decided it would be easiest to use the T rating disclaimer.

As for a new thread title, how about something related to the game? I was going to suggest a quote of Lloyd's but none of them really stuck out to me that much.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Well at least Lloyd made it a far as he did and there's one big Bandai Namco franchise crossed off the list for the next game. Soul Calibur and Tales Of are next in line when it comes to Bamco reps for the next game so I do think a Tales rep is a inevitability to join the roster whenever that is. You guys had a good run with Ultimate speculation 💪

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
After my last post, we weren't exactly off with the assumption that this was it for Lloyd but it still kind of shocked to see him. As I said before, we felt the same as Geno fans that we knew it was going to happen but it still kind of hurt.

Don't feel bad guys and stay strong. Hopefully one day Lloyd gets the chance to show what he's made off and with Sakurai actively saying that he was requested along the other three Mii Costumes characters, it's a probability in the future. That's a good sign imo.

Keep it up guys, and don't let up.

:bowser: :starman: .

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Well that was to be expected since he's Namco, not really surprised they axed my boi
What I wasn't ready for was the Dante outfit

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know Im going to be marked as trolling but

You have the lloyd costume right there. Its not a fighter but its still representation
You're right - it is representation; more than something like Klonoa or Soul Calibur has, at least.

(I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get a costume for Nightmare from Soul Calibur in this pass, or any Namco-Bandai costumes at all for that matter)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're right - it is representation; more than something like Klonoa or Soul Calibur has, at least.

(I'm honestly surprised that we didn't get a costume for Nightmare from Soul Calibur in this pass, or any Namco-Bandai costumes at all for that matter)
Hell, Ive been wanting Layton **** since smash 4 and havent gotten that, not costume, no spirit but im not complaining. Everyone that got a costume should be happy they were even thought about

amageish

Smash Master
I know Im going to be marked as trolling but

You have the lloyd costume right there. Its not a fighter but its still representation
True... and it's possible we'll get a Cuphead-esque situation and have a spirit event in the coming weeks?

Hell, Ive been wanting Layton **** since smash 4 and havent gotten that, not costume, no spirit but im not complaining. Everyone that got a costume should be happy they were even thought about
Yeah, there's only one slot for being a fighter left and only 4-6 Mii Costumes (assuming they don't do a Sm4sh-style bonus wave randomly sometime)... Getting a Costume is pretty good overall, even though I understand it is more tiresome with Lloyd just because he already had the costume in Sm4sh.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Curious.... does the second sword in the Lloyd costume ...do anything?

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... I was already preparing myself for the Lloyd Mii costume ever since the Kazuya reveal. Kazuya reveal was super incredibly hype, but bittersweet due to the realization at the time. That being said, I have a great disdain for the Lloyd Mii costume mainly due to its inaccuracy to the source material. I do appreciate the gesture however.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah... I was already preparing myself for the Lloyd Mii costume ever since the Kazuya reveal. Kazuya reveal was super incredibly hype, but bittersweet due to the realization at the time. That being said, I have a great disdain for the Lloyd Mii costume mainly due to its inaccuracy to the source material. I do appreciate the gesture however.
Would Lloyd be taller than a Mii Swordfighter is?

Top Bottom