• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Definitive Lloyd Irving Thread - fall down seven times, stand up eight (Mii costume confirmed)

DazeXz

Smash Rookie
if anyone really cares about leaks practical brush is really the only reliable source but he said on reddit he wont have nintendo info till sunday/monday even then he might not get smash info last time he new the whole direct but not pyra and mythra and he said steve was the character about an hour before steves announcement so we'll probably not know untill the presentation. Still rooting for our boy though

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I don't believe for the simple reason of having Decidueye as FP11. I seriously doubt that Sakurai went out of his way to pick a Pokémon that wasn't from the current generation, that only happened with PT in Brawl, which was understandable because 1-It's Gen 1, it gets special treatment and 2-When Brawl's roster was chosen in 2005, the Kanto games were just 1 year old, so they were relevant when Sakurai was chosing the roster.

I seriously doubt Pokémon Legends would help Decidueye.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I don't believe for the simple reason of having Decidueye as FP11. I seriously doubt that Sakurai went out of his way to pick a Pokémon that wasn't from the current generation, that only happened with PT in Brawl, which was understandable because 1-It's Gen 1, it gets special treatment and 2-When Brawl's roster was chosen in 2005, the Kanto games were just 1 year old, so they were relevant when Sakurai was chosing the roster.

I seriously doubt Pokémon Legends would help Decidueye.
The reason why they may have listed Decidueye may not be because of the relevancy of Gen 7 or Legends Arceus. Sakurai himself said back in 2018 that he had been considering adding Decidueye to the game, specifically it came down to either Incineroar or Decidueye, and in the end he chose Incineroar because he wanted to add a wrestling-type character to the roster. And since Fighter Pass 2 seems to be adding in characters that were at one point considered for base game (Min Min and Pyra/Mythra got in because he wanted ARMS and Xenoblade 2 characters initially, but just didn't have time to add them, Sephiroth brought in all the missing FFVII content, and Steve took 5 years of negotiating before he finally got in), it's entirely possible Sakurai could choose to put in Decidueye just for the sake of it. Honestly, aside from Kubfu/Urshifu, Decidueye is the only other Pokemon I'd be fine with joining the roster.

Then again, the "leaker" may of thought of those same reasons I did and is just making an educated guess at Decidueye.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
if anyone really cares about leaks practical brush is really the only reliable source but he said on reddit he wont have nintendo info till sunday/monday even then he might not get smash info last time he new the whole direct but not pyra and mythra and he said steve was the character about an hour before steves announcement so we'll probably not know untill the presentation. Still rooting for our boy though
This. I would only pay attention to what PracticalBrush12 says in the following days. Specially when we are within a day from the presentation or the same day. Anyone else on internet either are fakers or just insiders who won't say anything and blue ball fans because they love to tease them (basically being useless lol)

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
This. I would only pay attention to what PracticalBrush12 says in the following days. Specially when we are within a day from the presentation or the same day. Anyone else on internet either are fakers or just insiders who won't say anything and blue ball fans because they love to tease them (basically being useless lol)
He better say something good about Bamco regarding Smash

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
You know, it still baffles me how the Switch has almost no Tales of games. Tales of is almost a religion in Japan, and had sereval games on Nintendo Hardwares, even exclusivities.

Why in the world, the Nintendo Switch, (in)famous for it's great number of ports and remakes have only one freaking tales of games ?
I just don't get it. The Hardware already proved its success a long a time ago, and we don't even have a Symphonia or Graces ports. What are Nintendo and Bamco thinking ? They would both profit very well of suchs port, especially in Japan !

I was hoping the Tales of festival would announce some ports on the Switch, but nothing. Would be cool if Bandai Namco announces some of it on E3 but it's probably wishful thinking.

It's no secret that I am very pessimistic for Lloyd's chances because of the marketing climat, but if Bandai Namco would announce a batch of Tales of ports for the Switch, it would tip the scales for Lloyd's chances.

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
You know, it still baffles me how the Switch has almost no Tales of games. Tales of is almost a religion in Japan, and had sereval game on Nintendo Hardware, even exclusivities.

Why in the world, the Nintendo Switch, (in)famous for it's great number of ports and remakes have only one freaking tales of games ?
I just don't get it. The Hardware already proved its success a long a time ago, and we don't even have a Symphonia or Graces ports. What are Nintendo and Bamco thinking ? They would both profit very well of suchs port, especially in Japan !

I was hoping the Tales of festival would announce some ports on the Switch, but nothing. Would be cool if Bandai Namco announces some of it on E3 but it's probably wishful thinking.

It's no secret that I am very pessimistic for Lloyd's chances because of the marketing climat, but if Bandai Namco would announce a batch of Tales of ports for the Switch, it would tip the scales for Lloyd's chances.
Thats because Namco is lazy lol

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
You know, it still baffles me how the Switch has almost no Tales of games. Tales of is almost a religion in Japan, and had sereval games on Nintendo Hardwares, even exclusivities.

Developers and publishers are lazy, simple as that.

Most japanese companies, for whatever reason, have this aversion of porting their major hits on the Switch. Square in particular is an example. I can understand not porting FF7 Remake, but not so much when it comes to well.............pretty much everything else really. I think i have seen more Western Companies porting their games to Switch, such as Crash and Doom, while Japanese ones make new games from scratch (which admitedly is a really valid option too, but those games are always on the small scale by comparison) ironic because the Switch is basically the most profitable console of the 3 in Japan (over the PS4 and Xbox One)

Also i woulnd't be worried about ports meaning much for Lloyd's chances, the first DLC Non-PP fighter was Joker, whose main game that pushed the Persona series into mainstream stardom literally hasn't come and will never come to Switch because if it does, Atlus will implode and people will start turning into blind mooses and will result in Civil Unrest, meteorological disturbances, Volcanic eruptions, causing the Earth to fall out its planetary orbit and plummet straight into the Sun, somehow causing the heat death of the universe.

.................but somehow the Warriors Spin-off is fine. "Oh im sorry we can't port the game you want!, have this Spin-Off game instead that doesn't play like the game you wanted at all!

Sorry if i sound like im going on a tangent.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Wow... a lot of those games that PracticalBrush guy leaked a couple days ago have been coming true. Also, I haven't been very impressed with anything revealed in the last couple of days not gonna lie, aside from Halo Infinite, and I don't even own an Xbox.

God I hope Tuesday winds up being good...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Here's something interesting. The Tales of Arise producer was asked about a possible Switch port, here was his response:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Here's something interesting. The Tales of Arise producer was asked about a possible Switch port, here was his response:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hope this means something lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I think that just means they can't comment at all about it because it could probably run on the new Switch model that has yet to be revealed. Hell it might very well be coming for that model. Otherwise if that new model wasn't a thing, I think they would've had no problem on commenting about it 🤔 I mean what else would stop them from commenting about it?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think that just means they can't comment at all about it because it could probably run on the new Switch model that has yet to be revealed. Hell it might very well be coming for that model. Otherwise if that new model wasn't a thing, I think they would've had no problem on commenting about it 🤔 I mean what else would stop them from commenting about it?
Or.. it could mean he just cant say ****

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tomorrow is Lloyd's last chance. If someone other than him shows up, it means the Mii Costume is back

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is Lloyd's last chance. If someone other than him shows up, it means the Mii Costume is back
It's a make or break for every character. Also, if we get any jrpg rep that isn't from Tales at this point it'll just be a total mockery tbh (Especially Demi Fiend or Adol Christin)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Tomorrow is the highest chance Lloyd has ever had in my opinion. There are several arrows pointing towards Lloyds inclusion:
  • Lloyd's mii costume being the only missing mii costume of the previously included ones
  • Tales of not having had a spirit event
  • Tales of being a very popular franchise with a big legacy
  • Lloyd fitting the previously observed East/West double character reveal at E3 (previously: Hero/Banjo), being a popular 'East' character
  • Bandai Namco's peculiar lack of content (that could be included alongside Lloyd/another rep.)
  • Bandai Namco's presentation being on the same day as Nintendo's E3 presentation
  • Lloyd being listed as CP10 in a leak that correctly predicted the Rabbits game (including its title)
  • Lloyd being unique: Sakurai stated characters need to be able to contribute something only they can do (dual swords, Artes/canceling moves into Artes, Over Limit as a mechanic)

Of course, this is all speculation. However, I would give Lloyd a solid 15-20% chance to be revealed as a playable fighter, which is the highest chance I've ever thought he had.

Lloyd GIF.gif

Dwarven vow #14: "Even a small star shines in the darkness."​

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is the highest chance Lloyd has ever had in my opinion. There are several arrows pointing towards Lloyds inclusion:
  • Lloyd's mii costume being the only missing mii costume of the previously included ones
  • Lloyd fitting the previously observed East/West double character reveal at E3 (previously: Hero/Banjo), being a popular 'East' character
  • Bandai Namco's peculiar lack of content (that could be included alongside Lloyd/another rep.)
  • Bandai Namco's presentation being on the same day as Nintendo's E3 presentation
  • Lloyd being listed as CP10 in a leak that correctly predicted the Rabbits game (including its title)
  • Lloyd being unique: Sakurai stated characters need to be able to contribute something only they can do (dual swords, Artes/canceling moves into Artes, Over Limit as a mechanic)

Of course, this is all speculation. However, I would give Lloyd a solid 15-20% chance to be revealed as a playable fighter, which is the highest chance I've ever thought he had.

View attachment 319112
If they add a Tales rep it'll have to be Yuri, because of this stupid ass mii costume ****

Zeallyx

Other mii costumes have been upgraded to playable fighters, so it is definitely not out of the question imo.

That said, Yuri would also be very awesome: a tales rep. in general would be like a dream come true for me.

DazeXz

Smash Rookie
i dont think lloyd is out even if hes not fp10 purely because all the miis have, until now, made sense. if we get something like crash or chief im not expecting his mii to come.

widu0746

Smash Rookie

View attachment 319112
and the fact that "Tales of" seems to be a big focus with Bandai Namco this time around with Tales of Arise! fingers crossed! I honestly hope it's a double reveal so that we can put this all to rest. All this anticipation and build-up is killing me

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd's Mii Costume isn't returning if the character announced tomorrow is an FPS Character like Master Chief, Doomslayer or a Cartoony Platformer character like Crash or Rayman. Lloyd is only in trouble if the next character is a JRPG rep and it's not him or if it is another Bandai Namco character.

Lloyd's chances are huge right now. He is in the best spot I think out of all potential smash characters in my personal opinion. He doesn't have to be Challenger Pack 10. He could be 11 of course the reverse is also true. I personally expect a Double Reveal Tomorrow.

Zeallyx

i dont think lloyd is out even if hes not fp10 purely because all the miis have, until now, made sense. if we get something like crash or chief im not expecting his mii to come.
Lloyd's Mii Costume isn't returning if the character announced tomorrow is an FPS Character like Master Chief, Doomslayer or a Cartoony Platformer character like Crash or Rayman. Lloyd is only in trouble if the next character is a JRPG rep and it's not him or if it is another Bandai Namco character.

Lloyd's chances are huge right now. He is in the best spot I think out of all potential smash characters in my personal opinion. He doesn't have to be Challenger Pack 10. He could be 11 of course the reverse is also true. I personally expect a Double Reveal Tomorrow.
Agreed: as long as his mii costume doesn't return, his chances remain relatively high.

Lloyd GIF 2.gif

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
If it's not Lloyd but if it's Chun-Li and the mii costume is not in her wave, he's more or less in as CP11.
I'm not really seeing Chun-Li happening this time... I've got no evidence to support it, but still, I'm just not seeing it.
That said, go Lloyd/Yuri and Crash! I'm still pulling for ya'll tomorrow 😊

Last edited:

Fuzzy Pickles!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1409-9782-5984
Coming into this thread because I have a feeling that Lloyd Irving will be announced as a newcomer tomorrow. It could be wrong, but he has been my most confident prediction for the remaining post-game fighters for a long time. I will admit, if I had to pick a Namco Bandai character, I would rather see a Digimon character like Agumon.

Still, I have to respect Lloyd Irving as a character even without playing his game (yet). Tales of Symphonia was a cult hit on the GameCube and has managed to keep a fan base around it to this day. Maybe one could make the argument that it was the GameCube's Xenoblade Chronicles, the big role-playing game you could only get on Nintendo system. Before anyone brings up the Japanese PlayStation 2 exclusive, most of the sales came from the West and well, the PlayStation 2 version did not make it out of Japan.

He's also survived the disconfirmation waves multiple times. Of the characters with roles beyond at trophy/spirits, he is one of the few remaining that has not seen a Mii Costume returns. I have no doubt the Mii Costume returns, but if it is being held back for this long, then that means something.

For your sake, I hope that this journey ends well. You guys deserve it.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
We'll see you tomorrow for Day 4 of #E32021, here's the rundown:

8:00am PT - Broadcast Pre-Show
9:00am - Nintendo Direct & Nintendo Treehouse: Live
2:25pm - Bandai Namco Presents: House of Ashes
3:30pm - GameSpot Play For All Showcase
4:45pm - Official E3 2021 Awards Show https://t.co/xP8xJOSboa
Are you kidding me? All Namco has to show is some game no one cares about?
We still got some new info on Elden Ring and Tales of Arise earlier. And besides every other company besides maybe Microsoft decided to post their ls too.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Coming out of a long hiatus to say good luck Lloyd faithful! I would love to see our lad clad in red join the fray.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
Developers and publishers are lazy, simple as that.

Most japanese companies, for whatever reason, have this aversion of porting their major hits on the Switch. Square in particular is an example. I can understand not porting FF7 Remake, but not so much when it comes to well...
We got a ton of Final Fantasy games on Switch, including FFVII, VIII, IX, X-X2, XII etc... Even Dragon Quest got some IOS ports for the I;II; III game (and still have news games, like DQ XI ; XII, and the 2D-HD remake of III).
Even freaking YS and Star Ocean have multiple games on Switch.

Plus, Tales of games have been already been port in older consoles, like PS3, PS4 and even 3DS. Why not the freaking Switch ? Some of the port, like ToS are basically already fit for another port since the majority of the works have been made.

Lazyness isn't a good enough justification, I mean it's their litteral job to make money with video games. There has to be a very specific reason why there's only one Tales of game on Switch.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite a long journey we have had up to this point - I remember seeing through the humble beginnings of Lloyd's Mii Costume popping out in SSB4. To see him kicking still strong with no direct deconfirms up to this point in the very end tail of Ultimate's speculation, is nothing short of wondrous - whatever the outcome.

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
We are so close. We must continue to believe in Lloyd!! After all Tales of Symphonia teaches us to never give up even if it seems hopeless!!
And if Lloyd doesn't get in this game we still have the next game and the game after that. I'm not giving up on Lloyd no matter what!!

Top Bottom