• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Defending Champion: A Smash Ultimate Mac Guide (Help needed) [WIP]

Norkim

Smash Rookie
I hope that this can be a strong baseline for people getting into Little Mac for the new game and for those who are experienced to have a place to go for well-archived information. (And also hopefully through teaching I can learn more about this character more in-depth)

PLEASE, if you find something that I missed or got wrong tell me explicitly, or just like idk silently scoff to yourself. I will end up fixing it and intend on making frequent changes to this post as time goes on:
(DETAILS ARE CURRENTLY WIP)
1Jab |
2Jab |
Gentleman |
Fast Jab Combo |
Sidetilt |
Uptilt |
Downtilt |

Side Smash |
Up Smash |
Down Smash |

Neutral B |
Side B |
Up B |
Down B |

Forward Throw |
Back Throw |
Up Throw |
Down Throw |

Neutral Air |
Side Air |
Up Air |
Down Air |

KO Punch |
Uptilt > Uptilt ~> Uptilt (the back hitbox combos this earlier)
Uptilt > Up B
Uptilt > Side B
Down Throw > Up B
Down Throw > Gentleman
Fair > Up B
Dash Attack > Dash Attack (strict timing)
Downtilt > Side B
Downtilt > KO Punch (~30%)
I'll write something better later... Just float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Focus on using your superior movement to avoid attacks then go in for the punish with your fast smashes and killer moves. (Killing someone is definitely illegal in wrestling so don't tell anyone)
Little Mac and his classic recovery are now better than ever before -- with more mix up options and range:
For starters, the Side B doesn't send Mac into free fall allowing for more horizontal movement, being able to opt for the shortened or full lunge, there's a considerable amount of end lag so try to aim for the ledge grab -- the hit usually isn't worth the risk. His counter has less forward motion so it won't be as useful as a recovery tool anymore, but it'll be vital to thwarting those opponents attempting to gimp you if you're not too far below stage... If you are the lag may kill you still. Speaking of lag possibly killing you the directional air dodge is good in a pinch very close to the ledge and is very good for a mix up that's faster than a Side B or going for a lower Up B. Now, the Up B is straight vertical recovery and now has the feature of automatically snapping to the ledge.

NOT ALL RESOURCES AND LINKS ARE FROM SMASH ULTIMATE AND MAY -- TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!
Original Post by Cagt | Little Mac Hitbox Visualization:
-The KO Punch has more of an upward hitbox and less of a lunge
-Removed blindspots on smashes
-
Original Google Doc by Little Mac Discord (ambiguous) | Current Combos -- More Specific Than Mine

Last edited:
Top Bottom