• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Deeper South Texas Smash 4 Thread (956/361)

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
yeah I was there on my setup the whole time. Coulda swore I heard you but I was too lazy to look at the other stations.

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
Eavorclear | 2750-1196-0674 | Void | Eavorclear

Corpus Christi

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
are people still planing to go tuesday? or do we need another venue?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

The Official TGC event #1 has been announced for Feb 28th, 2015!! There are pot bonuses for Smash 4/Kart 8/Pokemon R&S!

Event caps, venue times, event order, payouts and other things have changed since the "Road to TGC" events so please read the rules very carefully and ask any questions that may come to mind. If you would like, you can contact me here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or on Facebook (Allan Sims)

Important things to remember:

1. Purchase your venue fee online to guarantee your spot. Player caps WILL be reached.
2. Print out receipt/confirmation email or show us these on your phone for a smoother registration process.
3. You may only enter 3 events at max. This helps make all brackets run correctly.
4. We need 20-30 full setups. There is compensation for those who bring a full setup (Tv/WiiU/Smash or Mario Kart 8).
5. I am the best Smash 4 Samus user. Deal With It.

Last edited:

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Yo JonB, me or you should host something. Oh and Xyro didn't mention that TGC takes place in houston, if you're wondering

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
soon to be TX guy here. Really meek. It was really hard just to get myself to post in this thread. Add me on Wii U to play some Sm4sh because I probably won't be going to tourneys anytime soon. However, I probably won't be able to play this week or next week for that matter, my gamepad just broke and I need to send it in for repairs.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
we have a venue now, details will be up in that facebook group once we get it confirmed but free venue, lots of play time, etc., spread the word yo

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
OK, so, tomorrow, card guys, we will have casuals. I believe it's $5 and you get $2 in snack credit, which is pretty gr8, the only real downside is we have to bring our own setups. I'll be bringing a setup for smash 4, if anyone brings a wii, I have a crt as well so we could have melee/brawl/pm setup as well, plus w/e fighting games the others will bring.

The address is 6601 Everhart Suite B3 and it starts at 6. We can stay as late as midnight so you can come anytime during that, hope to see everyone there

Pandie the pantie

Smash Cookie
NNID
atrociousPanda
Brownsville, Texas man here. Project M and Sm4sh players should come to The Barracks at McAllen, TX. There's a weekly Smash and there's usually casuals before the events start.

Date is Jan. 18, 2015
Doors are open from 2pm to Midnight
Address is 2012 W Nolana Ave

Smash 4 starts at 6:30pm
Project M starts at 6pm
Melee starts at 5:30pm

Getting in is $6
Tournament fee is $5

Really hope there'll be a lot of Smashers there, it was dry the last time I went :c

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
play again is a no but the place in my last post is a go and went well. We're doing it there every thursday from 6 to 12 now

Magik0722

Smash Champion
OK, so, tomorrow, card guys, we will have casuals. I believe it's $5 and you get $2 in snack credit, which is pretty gr8, the only real downside is we have to bring our own setups. I'll be bringing a setup for smash 4, if anyone brings a wii, I have a crt as well so we could have melee/brawl/pm setup as well, plus w/e fighting games the others will bring.

The address is 6601 Everhart Suite B3 and it starts at 6. We can stay as late as midnight so you can come anytime during that, hope to see everyone there
what city is this?

Oracle

Smash Master
Event pages for Aftershock are up! $3000 prize pool, 6000 sq. ft venue, and top player from across the southwest! Remember, if you are in the Top 8 of the aftershock Rankings (at tourneylocator.com/aftershockrankings), then not only do you get free entry/venue, you will be automatically qualified for the top 16 final bracket!

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/423...lter=upcoming&source=49&sid_create=2403987848

Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...m-melee-top-players-from-arlington-tx.387430/

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

Hey everybody, Xyro here. I'm dropping by to remind everybody that my Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is hosting its first official major event on February 28th 2015 at the Le Jardin reception hall in North Houston.

If the two "The Road to TGC" events taught me anything it is that these events keep getting bigger and bigger so i project that this first official TGC event will easily cap out. In order to guarantee you a spot in the venue (and thus a chance at entering events) it is highly recommended you register online as soon as possible.

For full details on registration, fees, rules, events and times, please go to the Smashboards event link
http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...-200-pot-bonus-for-smash-4-houston-tx.384812/ or the Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1033314033352371

And as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by posting here, on Facebook or in private message. I will always respond. I hope to see you all there :)

Last edited:

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
TODAY IN CORPUS

Smash Fest at The Card Guys. The address is 6601 Everhart Suite B3. It might be a little hard to spot the first time you go since they don't have a sign up yet, but it's right next to the domino's pizza you'll find in that plaza hidden in the corner. First thing you'll notice is a one piece wall scroll on the window. The current day is every thursday and it starts at 6 pm, usually lasting until midnight at the latest. The venue fee is $5, but you will get $2 in snack credit, which is really nice.

Bring a setup if you are able to and want to play Melee, Brawl, or PM. There will be Smash 4 setups.

This is also gonna be a weekly occurring thing on Thursdays.

Last edited:

Deven

Smash Rookie
Hey bros, first time posting here on the smash boards. Just a scrub who's been playing casual smash for years, wanting to go competitive. Shiek main for days.
Hailing from the RGV, Mcallen area.
Looking to get into Melee. Hella fun.
LF buds to play with and get in contact with the smash community here in the RGV.
FC on request.

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

TGC 2 SmashBoards Tournament Page
http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx.394551/#post-18744580

Hey, guys! Xyro here. Houston/Texas largest tournament series (TGC) is having its 2nd event about 34 days from now. For this event, i am doing several major changes so PLEASE PLEASE read this post. It is VERY important, dont skip over it.

I have opened online registration for TGC 2 so please click here to register/pay for 1vs1 smash wiiu (be sure to include your gamer tag when you register) https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PJ92WLG8SCW5S you also need to pay the venue fee and that can be found here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/tgc2

So with your venue fee and 1vs1 fee paid for, you are 110% entered into TGC 2 and i will post your pool/bracket a few days before the event so that you can see who you face and be able to prepare for it if need be. If you do not pay online, you can still pay offline but you will not be seeded and you will be thrown into pools/bracket at random. This means you may play your best friend round 1.

The purpose of me doing online registration this time is to get you guys seeded into pools/brackets ahead of time so that you can walk into the venue, check-in and start playing matches much soon than before. This also means we can leave the venue earlier than before too.

One final thing, the rules for TGC 2 have gone through a MAJOR change. Wireless controller rules, stage rules and much more have changed. PLEASE read the rules asap because these changes have to do with every person entering TGC 2.

If you have any questions, please post in the TGC 2 thread on smashboards and/or in the TGC 2 Facebook group.

FacookeB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Anyone interested in getting some SSB:melee games in today?

Xyro77

smash_bros__4___mewtwo_strikes_back__by_r_one_92-d7xupel.png

Introducing the Mewtwo/DuckHunt Challenge!!

Go to the TGC 2 thread and check out post #26 for more info about the challenge. While you are there, don't forget to pre-register online for 1vs1 (please include your gamer tag when registering) and venue at the top of the page so that you can be correctly seeded and placed into pools/brackets before you walk into the venue. Pre-registration will end 3 days before TGC 2. In person registration with no seeding will commence on the day of TGC 2. If you have any questions about the challenge or registration, please post in the TGC 2 thread.

Top Bottom