• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Deeper South Texas Smash 4 Thread (956/361)

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
We should start looking into weeklies... i know people just waiting for a scene to start happening.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Like this post if you live in Laredo and want to battle me at Gamers Den on weekends ( usually sunday )

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Super Smash Tournament
November 14th
Richardson performance hall 12:00-5:00pm
Corpus Christi, Tx

$5 entrance fee, secured $50 first prize
Sponsored by Del mar guild of gamers.

Copied word for word off a flier i found outside Del mar library. Website can confirm and i also took a picture of the flier if anyone really wants it uploaded i can.Not too sure if its Melee or Project M or even brawl though....

See you soon homies.

Last edited:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm off that day, I think. If it's Brawl or 3DS, I'll try to go. What's the address for that place?

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Taken from their website. 101 Baldwin Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78404
(361) 698-2228 richardson prefomance hall (Venue is gonna be pretty huge)

its near the corner of baldwin & Ayers across from wienerschnitzel . let me know if you need any more info.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A small Road to TGC 2 update: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/

Hey guys, tonight around 2am central time, the 1st Mario Kart DLC pack will be released. TGC 2 will support the DLC for its Mario Kart 8 event so it is in your best interest to get the DLC and train on the new stages before TGC 2.

To see what you get in the DLC pack, go here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...around_the_legend_of_zelda_x_mario_kart_8_dlc

Also, for those of you that want early practice on the final WiiU version of smash 4, GameStop is doing a smash WiiU demo from 6pm-9pm on Nov 14th. This practice, along with the 15 days of practice after the release of Smash WiiU on Nov 21st is a decent head start in preparation for TGC 2.

To see a list of locations that have the WiiU smash demo, please go here: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SuperSmashBros_Demo/

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Super Smash Tournament
November 14th
Richardson performance hall 12:00-5:00pm
Corpus Christi, Tx

$5 entrance fee, secured $50 first prize
Sponsored by Del mar guild of gamers.

Copied word for word off a flier i found outside Del mar library. Website can confirm and i also took a picture of the flier if anyone really wants it uploaded i can.Not too sure if its Melee or Project M or even brawl though....

See you soon homies.
I'll try to make it!

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
i wont make it. i get off of work at 12:00 and Bout a 20 min drive

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
RGV? Heck yes! Hailing from Mission, TX, it is my Mission to prove that yellow link is best link in Smash4! Rep-re-sent, yo! ... Sorry, got a little hyper there. :p

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

The Road to TGC 2 is 12 days away and i have 2 very big updates to give you all.

1. The rules to The Road to TGC 2 have been updated. Stage list has been add. Event times have been change and a food break period has been added. Pikachu+Mr GW are legal in teams. Custom moves/miis/equipment are banned (temporarily). For a full rundown on what rules have changed, please go to the Road to TGC 2 thread and check it out.

2. Two brothers, Illmatic (the best American Peach in Brawl) and Kadin (the best Brawl Metaknight player at his pre-school) are going to do a $150 MM at The Road to TGC 2. Pikachu (illmatic) vs Diddy (kadin), 3/5 and customs legal. The set will be recorded and posted in every corner of the internet. Who do you think will win?

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

In 2 days The Road to TGC 2 is happening in Houston, TX. Here are some final bits of information you need to know before attending this event.

1. I am in great need of full set-ups. WiiU/Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8/TV. If you bring a full set-up, i will compensate you at the next TGC with half off venue fee or a drink coupon or something. Remember, if you want plenty of practice before/between matches, we need full set-ups. There is no other way.

2. Obeying the time slots are a MUST. I will make no exceptions this time around because i want this event to start/end on time.

Xyro arrives to set-up @ 9:00am
Registration/Practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm (your only chance to eat without being DQed)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnite

3. Be sure and read/be familiar with the rules to this event. Many things are different than they were at TGC 2. The more educated you are on the rules the better prepared you will be on the day of the event. The rules can be found on the tournament discussion page.

4. The weather will be in the low to mid 70s on Saturday but please bring a jacket just in case. We wouldn't want people johning about being too cold, would we?

5. Though not mandatory, it would help me out a ton if you all bring $5 and $1 bills when paying/registering for events. It speeds up registration and makes paying out players easier. Again, just a recommendation.

6. Like last time, the free food is limited to first come first served. So the earlier you get here and the earlier you get in line, the more "guaranteed" you will be to get food.

7. If you need housing before or after TGC, please contact @Sync. and or @Leaf. they will help you.

8. Finally, due to be being extremely busy today and tomorrow, i have already created the results thread for TGC 2. Please go here to further discuss this event, make predictions and check on bracket updates/results...etc. It can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-road-to-tgc-2-results-on-12-6-2014.381295/

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Alright, probably the first smasher from corpus here. Still down with melee, a little brawl, but this game looks cool. Let me know what's up with some friendlies on the wiiu.

I'll bring *******, beer, and blunts.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Yea, I been chillin and just actually saw a commercial for the new smash. Time flies when your not anticipating a game. But anyways I'm down to play whenever, s h i t I'm down right now.

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Smoking this **** got me plotting on running the smash scene.

Birthed: 3rd Coast Crew a.k.a S.U.C

(Smashers United 4 Cash)
whats good mang.im down as hell for chill sessions n Money matches ....

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
all we need someone with the adapter....

Last edited:

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
It's not coincidence or fate that I just searched and everyone's down to play. It's destiny. But **** recording ****. If you reppin Corpus, you know how it goes. We move in silence. Make ourselves known through actions.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I will be prominent in the tourney scene once my court trial is over. And we will suffocate this game with class n ca$h.

I WILL BE KICKED OUT OF TOURNEYS. I need people to justify my behavior. What better way then weeklies in cc. I been waiting too damn long...

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Everyone willing to participate as of Monday, December the 8th... list your best times available. I'm good everyday after 6. Except weekends or noted otherwise. Broke my systems but can house such events for multiple people.
finishing my last final today, i'll be open mostly on mon. tues. fri. if enough people want a different day.. ill move some days around.

Have console and game. No adapter though.

Last edited:

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
What time you done with your final? Slide through the crib after and lets get on some.
ends at around 7:30 but i got people to see today, blunts to be delt with. manana im down weyy.. si se puede

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Here is what everyone has been waiting for, a venue to play weeklies!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Again-Classic-Video-Games/112427608792659

Starting today, we will be having casuals at this venue every tuesday. There's more than just smash, other fighting games or w/e game you bring can be played, it runs from 5-9 so stop by anytime during. I'll have a full setup for smash 4 myself, make sure to bring your own controllers tho (I'll have one spare just in case).

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719

Starting today, we will be having casuals at this venue every tuesday. There's more than just smash, other fighting games or w/e game you bring can be played, it runs from 5-9 so stop by anytime during. I'll have a full setup for smash 4 myself, make sure to bring your own controllers tho (I'll have one spare just in case).
JonBeBonanza said to bring a melee memory card.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

Did you go?

Top Bottom