• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Deeper South Texas Smash 4 Thread (956/361)

Shinigami

Smash Rookie
NNID
MiiMakesMiis
I'd like to join.

NNiD: In my prof. pic
3DS Friend Code: 3926-7781-0785

Last edited:

xlpianomover

Smash Rookie
Hello. im from cc tx. New to the SSB4 scene. I dont mess with customs and usually prefer 1v1...however, i dont mind anything else. All in good fun.

I mainly like to see where i stand with other players in the community. I think im decent compared to a few close friends i play with regularly..though they can be stiff competitors too.

Flawless online playing is sparse due to my internet connection so i usually prefer the in-person approach. Im not big into details of the game (such as character updates or the jargon)but ill be flexible.

Due to my schedule, i am not always available.

I see already that there is some good competition So im looking forward to meeting some of you.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Is anyone active still subscribed to this thread? I'm considering updating it. Now that I'm out of Corpus, I'm trying to get back into smash.

If it'll be of any use, I might actually update the first post...

Either way, anyone in the valley should go to the Barracks on Sundays for weekly tourneys at 5.

Oracle

Smash Master

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

MY FRIENDS, THE TIME HAS COME! The largest Smash 4 event in Texas, TGC 3, is tomorrow (6/20/2015 aka Saturday)! Please read this post for last minute info and instructions. Very important stuff.

1. I will be at the TGC venue around 9am. If you wish to be there by 9am to set-up/register/check-in/practice or chat with the LEGENDARY Xyro, please feel free. 2vs2 starts at 12pm and singles will start at 2pm. The registration/check-in lines will be long (TGC events always get 100 or more players) so the earlier you are the better things will be. Once an event starts, you will NOT be allowed to enter. I will NOT hold a spot for you. Leave your house EARLY.

2. Please please please bring a full set-up (WiiU/Tv/Ssb4) to TGC 3. The more set-ups we have the faster this event will end and the more time you will have for friendlies/MMs …etc. If you bring a full set-up you will get half of your venue fee back and/or free soda/water/energy drink. If you cannot bring a full set-up I beg you to bring anything you can. All equipment will help TGC be a better experience.

3. Though not required, bringing $5 or 10$ bills will help me out tremendously. So if you can, please bring 5s or 10s. I accept all bills though.

4. Make sure you have all the DLC (mewtwo/ryu/roy/dreamland 64/suzuka castle/miiverse) and the latest patch (1.0.8) for Smash 4. The DLC characters/stages are not REQUIRED to be on your WiiU but they are HIGHLY recommended. The patch MUST be downloaded no matter what. We would like everybody to be on the same page.

5. There is an Ike/Lucas/Wario challenge at TGC 3. If a player reaches top 5 and ONLY uses 1 of the 3 characters (Lucas/Ike/Wario) the entire tournament, I will personally hand you $50 on top of what you will make for reaching top 5.

6. Please be familiar with the rules of Smash 4 for TGC 3. The rules, events, fees, food menu and everything else you would like to know can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...-lucas-wario-ike-challenge-houston-tx.402642/

7. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me on Smashboards (Xyro77) or Twitter (Xyro77) or FaceBook (Allan Xyro Sims). Remember, what I type/say is the OFFICIAL word. So if you are getting mixed info from other players/users, please run it by me and I will clarify.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Any1 here from Mission/McAllen? No?
Okay see ya in 2 months.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Professor_Wombat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Professing
I've played and placed pretty highly at many online tournaments, and have been trying to find tournaments irl but it certainly seems the Sm4sh scene in South Texas isn't very large at all...good thing this thread exists. I live in Corpus.

Name: Professing
nnid: Professing
mii: Marcus

I have a skype and a 3DS (which I don't play on anymore), but if someone needs those I can give personally.
I'd love to know about any tournaments remotely near me, so please keep this thread updated :)

Reizilla

I've played and placed pretty highly at many online tournaments, and have been trying to find tournaments irl but it certainly seems the Sm4sh scene in South Texas isn't very large at all...good thing this thread exists. I live in Corpus.

Name: Professing
nnid: Professing
mii: Marcus

I have a skype and a 3DS (which I don't play on anymore), but if someone needs those I can give personally.
I'd love to know about any tournaments remotely near me, so please keep this thread updated :)
Corpus has (I think) Bi Weeklies and a big tourney coming up on Aug 8th. Check a few posts up for the links.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Yeah, every other thursday we have tourneys at The Card Guys at 5, which will be next thursday btw, not this. If you need the address or other details let me know.

Also if you have a facebook it will be easier to keep you up to date since that's where everything gets posted usually, I can add you to the corpus group

Last edited:

Professor_Wombat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Professing
Yeah, every other thursday we have tourneys at The Card Guys at 5, which will be next thursday btw, not this. If you need the address or other details let me know.

Also if you have a facebook it will be easier to keep you up to date since that's where everything gets posted usually, I can add you to the corpus group
That'd be great. Link to the page?

Oracle

Smash Master
LTC3 ANOUNCEMENTS
1. Low Tier City 3 Registration closes in 11 days on July 21st! You NEED to have registered by then or you will not be able to play in any of the smash tournaments! Go to http://letsplaygamingexpo.com/regist…/attendee-registration/ to register. Remember, there is a 256 man cap on each game, so if you don't register in time, you might not get your spot!

2. WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! You must be available from Friday, July 31st-Sunday, August 2nd. You will be able to enter one event, and are expected to help run pools and brackets the rest of the time, and you will receive free venue and will be able to enter any 1 event. Fill out the application here if you're interested: http://goo.gl/forms/e49gvHltlw

3. SMASH 4 PLAYERS: Game and Watch and Sheik are banned on the same team at Evo for doubles, As such, this team composition will not be allowed at LTC3. Both sheik and mr. game and watch are both legal, but cannot be played on the same team.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/607391816030436/614589268644024/

Draethon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Draethon
3DS FC
0276-0633-2452
Draethon | 0276-0633-2452 | Leonel | Draethon
Happy that this thread is here, I am from the RGV area.

Last edited:

Leomupi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Leomupi
Switch FC
SW 6062 3867 5605
Hey @ Reizilla Reizilla can you add the facebook groups of the regions in the first post. They might get lost in the thread even though it is useful information.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt3.jpg

Hello, everybody! Xyro here. Texas Gaming Championships, the largest smash tournament series in Texas, is proud to announce its 5th event! December 5th, 2015 is the date. This time around, there is a new venue, character challenge, $1000 pot bonus ($500 for 1vs1 and 2vs2) and much more!

If you would like to play with the best players in Texas as well as be apart of the largest Smash 4 tournament series in the entire Southwest, please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...bonus-wiifit-palutena-link-houston-tx.419208/

If you have any questions or concerns, please post in the link provided above or message/tag me.

DAS_REAPER

Smash Rookie
NNID
DAS_REAPER414
Is this still an active thread? I'm new to SSB, and looking to attend some local tournaments or events in the Laredo area. Any help or direction is appreciated.

Reizilla

Is this still an active thread? I'm new to SSB, and looking to attend some local tournaments or events in the Laredo area. Any help or direction is appreciated.
Hello! This thread is pretty much dead, but I will still check it when people post. All of these communities primarily use Facebook to organize events. Laredo's scene is very active and gets 50+ people at their Tech City Biweeklies.

Here is the link to their Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221364791231615

The page for their next event should be on there. It's on Jan 16. If FB doesn't work for you, I'll be happy to give you the details.

Last edited:

DAS_REAPER

Smash Rookie
NNID
DAS_REAPER414
Hello! This thread is pretty much dead, but I will still check it when people post. All of these communities primarily use Facebook to organize events. Laredo's scene is very active and gets 50+ people at their Tech City Biweeklies.

Here is the link to their Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221364791231615

The page for their next event should be on there. It's on Jan 16. If FB doesn't work for you, I'll be happy to give you the details.
Yes, I'd love if you could send me the info. And that's great to hear the attendance level for the bi weeklies! I don't use FB, and don't want to at this time either, so any info at all will help.

Reizilla

Yes, I'd love if you could send me the info. And that's great to hear the attendance level for the bi weeklies! I don't use FB, and don't want to at this time either, so any info at all will help.
Tech City 9 is on Sat, Jan 16 @ Sal's Pizza located @ 3220 San Bernardo Ave, Laredo, TX 78040
From 12pm - 8pm
Here's the About info:
Tournament ruleset, and stagelist -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NLandLSC/permalink/1070525599648859/

*THERE WILL BE A COUPLE CHANGES THIS UPCOMING TECHCITY*

-WE WILL BE TRYING OUT 3 STOCKS 8 MINUTES FOR SINGLES
-DOUBLES WILL NOW START BEFORE SINGLES

Doubles Registrations will be from 12:00pm-12:45pm and it will start at 1:00pm!

Singles Registrations will be from 1:00pm-2:45pm and it will start at 3:00pm!

SO MAKE SURE TO FIND A PARTNER FOR THOSE EARLY DOUBLES~

The venue fee will only be charged once per day. If you want to register for Singles and Doubles (for both players, meaning only $2.50 each) you'll only be paying $15 ($5 venue fee, $5 Singles, and $5 Doubles) We lowered the doubles fee from $5 each, to $2.50 each, so a team would only pay $5. There's only been a slight increase in the venue but that is due to the upgraded venue we got. Definitely a bit roomier and they are even providing US the players with a Gamer's Meal Special ($5 for two slices and a drink).

It would be really helpful if you have a setup you can bring to the tournament, to do so please, it really will help us out and if we want for doubles to continue. It makes the tournaments run way better, and there will be atleast 1-2 setups for friendlies if we have enough.

Cash prizes will be rewarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd of each game. We will give out prices for fourth place as well if attendance is above 60 for either game so try bringing as many people as possible so your chances of being in the money increase.

We ask players to be at their designated stations once called out and we will be strongly enforcing our time limit for you to get there. The time limit once you're called out to a station will be 5 minutes for a game loss, and 7 minutes for a match loss. We are trying to run the tournaments as smoothly as possible, so its not okay to go out while the tournament is being run and expect to not be disqualified from the match if the time limit is reached.

Please be respectful and don't leave any trash thrown around. Listen to the TO's and go to them with any issues. They will try to solve the issue as fast as possible. TOs are Jesus Sanchez and Carlos Alonso

Spectators are more than welcome to join and support the smash community. Doors open at 12 pm so try to be there in time to register.

The tournament fee is $5, $4 will be added into the cash pool which will be given out to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and possibly 4th place as well if participant numbers 50 or above. Prizes will be divided to 60%, 30%, 10%, if there's over 50 participants the prize will be divided to 55%, 30%, 10%, 5%.

We also have an issue with people leaving empty bottles/cans or food on tables where the setups are, we ask you kindly that if you have any trash please throw it in the trash.. Also we ask all the players to please use proper hygiene, it's unethical to attend an event and smell horrible. It affects other players as well, so please keep that in mind

There's also apparently a tournament today (1/7) at 412 St. James Dr.
From the event page:
Registration begins right at 6:00 p.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m.
Tournament begins at 6:35 p.m.
Prize Pool Percentages:
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Concession Stand will be available with items no higher than $1.00.

If anyone has any available set ups with complete DLC for Wii U contact Jesus Diaz through text at number seen above or through facebook messenger.

10$ for either Melee or Smash 4
13$ for dual entry
SBLTX
Address: 412 St James Dr.
Registration Time: 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Registration slots as of now: 50 (Note: slots may change)
Tournament Time: 6:45 p.m. – Finished Tournaments
Bracket Establisher: Challonge

Organization
Disclosed at tournament

Costs and Fees
Smash 4 Tournament Fee: $10
Melee Tournament Fee: $10
• Dual Entry: $13

Concession
Pizza: 1$ per slice
Drinks: 50 cents
Sodas: Coke, Sprite
Nachos

Prizes and Compensations
1st Place: 60 %
2nd Place 30%
3rd Place 10%

Pay up Front (Cash)
Signed Sheet
Tournament Bracket
Random Seeding
Double Elimination
Seeding for future tournaments to be determined through this tournament and its placings

Smash 4 Rules:
Starting Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Town & City
Counterpick Stages: Duck Hunt, Lylat Cruise
Note: All Omega stages are banned.
Game Settings:Singles: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games (3/5 in finals matches)

Smash Melee Rules:

Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games, 3/5 for Finals Matches
Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
Counter-pick Stages: Pokemon Stadium. Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal. Stalling for over 300% is illegal

Additional Rules:
• Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
• Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
• Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
• You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
• No johns

Josedamac

Smash Rookie
hi ive recently moved to texas from cali and im tryingto get in the smash community here

fc: 4914-3348-6839
nnid: Josedamac
and im in Edinburg
i wanted to ask, is The Barracks still going on?

Reizilla

hi ive recently moved to texas from cali and im tryingto get in the smash community here

fc: 4914-3348-6839
nnid: Josedamac
and im in Edinburg
i wanted to ask, is The Barracks still going on?
Hiya! The Barracks is toast. RGV tourney's mostly take place at Goliath Toys and Games (Edinburg) Saturdays, and Gameworkshop (McAllen I think) Sundays. There's also Nostalgia weeklies in Brownsville and 4 stock Fridays (monthly) in Harlingen. There's a calendar in the first post that's updated with all the RGV events, but I would highly recommend joining the RGV Smash 4 and RGV Smash Bros. FB groups to stay updated with everything!

Josedamac

Smash Rookie
Hiya! The Barracks is toast. RGV tourney's mostly take place at Goliath Toys and Games (Edinburg) Saturdays, and Gameworkshop (McAllen I think) Sundays. There's also Nostalgia weeklies in Brownsville and 4 stock Fridays (monthly) in Harlingen. There's a calendar in the first post that's updated with all the RGV events, but I would highly recommend joining the RGV Smash 4 and RGV Smash Bros. FB groups to stay updated with everything!
Thanks I did join those groups today as well. Good to hear there some in RGV. It seems like the smash scene is poppin' at Corpus lol. Thanks again for all the info

Last edited:

NSect .

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm fairly new to the community and live in the Corpus area..

By the way, how old are you guys lol

Reizilla

Yo! Nice to see a new player. Not many people in the area still use Smashboards, so your best bet is joining the Coastal Bend Smash Community group on Facebook (should be linked in the first post). If you can't, then I can tell you the relevant info.

Most players range from late teens to early 20s, but Corpus actually has a lot of younger players too.

Top Bottom