• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Nintendo is celebrating Get It Together's incoming release on Twitter, complete with new promo art:
View attachment 329781

Gotta love that higher marketing budget, to give us stuff like this~
I'll just embed the full tweet.

And how appropriate, we've also reached 20 pages!

Aw, darn. You guys beat me to it. Well, either way that new promo art is truly absolute fire!

It's a testament to Warioware's recent favorable treatment that they actually waited for the game to release before doing any possible Direct showing for this month. We're no longer in B-lister territory, everyone. :tomnook:
I agree with you in that it truly says quite a good deal about Nintendo's recent supposed faith in WarioWare that they didn't just wait for a possible Direct to show off as much of G.I.T. as they could before release and are just promoting all by their lonesome like this.
With how generally successful the Switch is, we can only hope a wide range of people would come across the game soon.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
As expected, i LOVED WarioWare Get It Together, and Mona, once again, is really charming and takes the co-star role, as she is in the center of some modes art,work i really like Ashley, but since the start of the series Mona has been my favorite, and i would like to be added to the supporter list please ♥ (i think i might have asked when the owner was missing).

Loved the callbacks to her past jobs in her mansion too! and i really like the redesign she got in Gold and carries over to the Switch.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Welp, WarioWare: Get It Together has finally released! Haven't played it yet (plan to), but I'm thrilled all the same to see that G.I.T. appears to be getting nothing short of positive reception.

By the way, ♕Pretty Roger♕ ♕Pretty Roger♕ ... I'm sorry for not responding to your request sooner. That being said, you're officially hired as a valued member of Mona Pizza! Welcome!

Say, has anyone seen some of the info regarding Mona in this game? I've heard that there seems to be implications that Mona's crush on Wario apparently goes a fair deal further than just 'puppy love' or something. That is to say, she's apparently WAY more fascinated by Wario than we ever thought possible, and considering that this is WARIO that's she's into and all...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
By some miracle, if Mona ends up being the final character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, how would you all react?
I'd be super happy, of course! She was someone I voted for in the ballot, and she's my favorite WarioWare character. Plus I love WarioWare. No downsides especially if we get Body Rock and Penny's song out of it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By some miracle, if Mona ends up being the final character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, how would you all react?
Excited, though at this stage I only expect one of the characters from the apparent leaked DLC suggestion list that was posted in 2019 (e.g. Phoenix Wright, Lara Croft, Ryu Hayabusa, etc) that I would at least care about nonetheless.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I am loving Get It Together! Got it two days ago and have been absolutely addicted to it. I didn’t think that I’d enjoy actually playing as the characters, but I’m honestly super into it! I love all of the different playstyles and it makes the game all the more random and hectic. Not only do you have to react to the next mini-game, but you also have to adjust to whatever character you’re playing. It’s insanely impressive that they were able to make every mini-game doable with every character, despite how surprisingly varied some of the play-styles are.

Mona is still probably my favorite character (although Penny does speak to me on an emotional level). She isn’t the easiest, but she’s really fun and unique!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I certainly have to admit... I sadly don't see Mona happening for this game, though if she did... well, suffice to say, I'd be popping off. HARD.

If no one minds, I do have another question for you all... do you think Mona would be able to headline her own spinoff series from WarioWare?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I certainly have to admit... I sadly don't see Mona happening for this game, though if she did... well, suffice to say, I'd be popping off. HARD.

If no one minds, I do have another question for you all... do you think Mona would be able to headline her own spinoff series from WarioWare?
Ashley didn't get very far from the series at the peak of her popularity. It would take Koizumi's involvement for Mona to get anything like that, if you ask me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ashley didn't get very far from the series at the peak of her popularity. It would take Koizumi's involvement for Mona to get anything like that, if you ask me.
Fair point. Aside from that 'Crazy Galaxy' thing, it doesn't seem like Ashley's getting anything of her own anytime soon, and she was propped up to be even more of a big deal by Nintendo themselves during the days of the Wii U.

That said, if Koizumi were to be involved in such a decision? I imagine Mona would need to show up in a Mario Kart game or something...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fair point. Aside from that 'Crazy Galaxy' thing, it doesn't seem like Ashley's getting anything of her own anytime soon, and she was propped up to be even more of a big deal by Nintendo themselves during the days of the Wii U.

That said, if Koizumi were to be involved in such a decision? I imagine Mona would need to show up in a Mario Kart game or something...
Nah, Mario Kart is Yabuki's department.

I'm talking a Captain Toad-style deal where she's the lead.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Nah, Mario Kart is Yabuki's department.

I'm talking a Captain Toad-style deal where she's the lead.
Oh, that's what I meant too! I got the developers (read: directors) mixed up. But yeah, a Luigi's Mansion/Yoshi's Island/Donkey Kong (Country)/Wario (Land)/Captain Toad-type of deal for Mona is what I was getting at.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I have to wonder, does anyone think Nintendo will ever reveal just why full voice acting wasn't a thing for G.I.T.?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have to wonder, does anyone think Nintendo will ever reveal just why full voice acting wasn't a thing for G.I.T.?
I think it all just comes down to budgetary and scheduling issues. Nearly every VA in Gold was a professional VA, right? So it might have been a bit tough to keep it up for a relatively lesser name IP like this. Even Smash couldn't keep going with the Kid Icarus cast for DLC.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think it all just comes down to budgetary and scheduling issues. Nearly every VA in Gold was a professional VA, right? So it might have been a bit tough to keep it up for a relatively lesser name IP like this. Even Smash couldn't keep going with the Kid Icarus cast for DLC.
I guess that's fair. Still though, I really hope full voice acting isn't a one-and-done deal going forward. It's already something of a bore to me that Mario and most of his extended universe holds pretty quick to that rule. What's more, I'd think that Nintendo would have the funds for the kind of VAs Gold had.

Kid Icarus apparently union (i.e. REALLY high-profile) folks in their cast, so that's why the majority of them weren't kept around for Smash Ultimate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess that's fair. Still though, I really hope full voice acting isn't a one-and-done deal going forward. It's already something of a bore to me that Mario and most of his extended universe holds pretty quick to that rule. What's more, I'd think that Nintendo would have the funds for the kind of VAs Gold had.

Kid Icarus apparently union (i.e. REALLY high-profile) folks in their cast, so that's why the majority of them weren't kept around for Smash Ultimate.
The upcoming Illumination :ultmario: movie will be the judge of that.

Also, Super Mario Sunshine did discourage the idea to most everyone before any of this...

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
You know, all of the newcomer threads are closing down, and that gives me time to relfect on how Smash has been going.

For as much hype Smash Ultimate has been, it has been soul-crushing to me to see once a Nintendo-centric franchise become centered in characters that aren't relevant to the Nintendosphere slowly but surely, with Joker beign the straw the broke the camel's back.

Now that i played WWGIT, i really really wish Mona had been the true Star of Warioware. Sometimes people ask "Why do we need to redesign Wario to fit more into Wario Land when you can have Captain Syrup instead? Wario is """"""""fun""""""" as he is!"

I tell you why, Captain Syrup is boring as hell and her character design is the only thing memorable. I play WarioLand for WARIO, his moves and personality and abilites in those games are what drove me into those games, not a character who only was a main antagonist on 2 out of 5 (and beign a shopkeeper in the last one) to use her as the way of represent Wario Land in Smash would be like using Sephiroth as an excuse to give FF the content that should have been in the base game, which i loathed just as equally. Warioware IS the game with the more interesting cast (not counting Wario himself as i don't really like him in those games, GiT is sort of an exception because he puts his Shoulder Bash to good use, unlike Smash 4)

I would give all the Wario Land Stuff to Wario and have Mona be the "Mona"ware stuff instead, especially now that Get It Together gives us an idea of what she can do when playable. But i know that's not gonna happen. Not only is WarioLand dead, but Smash in general doesn't really care about Nintendo characters that much, at least if Ultimate's DLC is anything to go by. You need to be either a real, real vocal fanbase pick to be noticed, or be the hottest trendiest character that represents the newest game, a flavor of the month if you will.

I could say "i hope Mona gets into the next game", but....................im no longer interested into the next Smash at this point. I don't like the increasing focus on Guests and while thankfully at least half of them are characters i enjoy, i think it was TOO much TOO quickly, we got literally TWICE the amount of Guest characters in Smash 4, which in of itself was more than half of Brawl's. I feel that if the next game keeps adding more third parties than this game and doesn't cool it down, i may not even buy it (especially if the choices are anything like Kazuya, Sephiroth, and Joker) since i must put my money where my mouth is and not support stuff that i dislike, unlike those morons who keep talking and watch shows they hate.

So its kinda sad that even with the amazing finale of Sora's reveal, Smash still ended with a bittersweet note in a way for me, reminding me that Smash is not about Nintendo anymore and that makes me sad.

Smash Ultimate ended beign a reminder of what i loved about this franchise, and also a red flag of what things are to come for this series. And i think it's better i jump ship. Who knows what lies ahead, maybe i buy the next game like a obedient consumer and CONSOOMTM, But either way smashkirby smashkirby , all Mona fans, it was a pleasure to interact with you, even if it was very short due to me not going into this very thread very often.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I have to voice similar opinions regarding Smash's direction.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool we can have all these guests now and aside from Steve I have a personal history and affection for all the new ones added in Ultimate, but I come to Smash for the Nintendo series first and the heavy focus on guest franchises has made it even harder for a lot of Nintendo series to get any real content. The amount of Nintendo Mii costumes vs Third Party costumes we got as DLC speaks volumes.

This wouldn't even bother me so much if Smash wasn't the only Nintendo crossover, but as it stands now it still is, so it blows to see a lot of franchises just not get a whole lot. I also personally had rotten luck with my most wanted characters this time around, but as I said, wouldn't be so bad if we had at least one other Nintendo crossover.

I wish Toad and Waluigi were playable, but ah well. They appear several times per year and are major mascots. I can just wait to play as Waluigi in Mario Party Superstars soon and all is well.

I want Anna in Smash. A lot. But every new Fire Emblem is gonna have a Anna, so she's always gonna be around.

The same can't be said for many other characters. Nintendo has a huge pile of franchises and characters they never use anymore. Odds are I won't be seeing Isaac, Rex, Lip, Shokora, Sable and many other characters until the next Smash and even then likely just as ATs or the new character based collectable of the day, Would be nice to have more Nintendo crossovers that give them something to do or have Smash throw them more of a bone.

This is entirely a me problem, most seem happy with Ultimate and that's fine, but I won't invest myself into the next Smash at all. Take things as it goes and maybe pick it up if enough appeals to me.

Helps that I gave up on Wario content in Smash after two very lackluster showings in a row. The only thing notable about Ultimate's Wario content is a small, overdue boost in Land acknowledgement and I like that at least, but yeah, still not a lot there at all.

I have no hopes for Mona in any Smash either. At this rate I'm more ready to spam Nintendo surveys with pleading them to put her and other Wario characters into Mario spin-offs, as low as the odds of that happening are as well.

Didn't really have hopes for Mona to be DLC here either, I just wanted to chat with Mona fans and got exactly that, so nothing to complain about there.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I have to voice similar opinions regarding Smash's direction.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool we can have all these guests now and aside from Steve I have a personal history and affection for all the new ones added in Ultimate, but I come to Smash for the Nintendo series first and the heavy focus on guest franchises has made it even harder for a lot of Nintendo series to get any real content. The amount of Nintendo Mii costumes vs Third Party costumes we got as DLC speaks volumes.

This wouldn't even bother me so much if Smash wasn't the only Nintendo crossover, but as it stands now it still is, so it blows to see a lot of franchises just not get a whole lot. I also personally had rotten luck with my most wanted characters this time around, but as I said, wouldn't be so bad if we had at least one other Nintendo crossover.

I wish Toad and Waluigi were playable, but ah well. They appear several times per year and are major mascots. I can just wait to play as Waluigi in Mario Party Superstars soon and all is well.

I want Anna in Smash. A lot. But every new Fire Emblem is gonna have a Anna, so she's always gonna be around.

The same can't be said for many other characters. Nintendo has a huge pile of franchises and characters they never use anymore. Odds are I won't be seeing Isaac, Rex, Lip, Shokora, Sable and many other characters until the next Smash and even then likely just as ATs or the new chaarcter based collectable of the day, Would be nice to have more Nintendo crossovers that give them something to do or have Smash throw them more of a bone.

This is entirely a me problem, most seem happy with Ultimate and that's fine, but I won't invest myself into the next Smash at all. Take things as it goes and maybe pick it up if enough appeals to me.

Helps that I gave up on Wario content in Smash after two very lackluster showings in a row. The only thing notable about Ultimate's Wario content is a small, overdue boost in Land acknowledgement and I like that at least, but yeah, still not a lot there at all.

I have no hopes for Mona in any Smash either. At this rate I'm more ready to spam Nintendo surveys with pleading them to put her and other Wario characters into Mario spin-offs, as low as the odds of that happening are as well.

Didn't really have hopes for Mona to be DLC here either, I just wanted to chat with Mona fans and got exactly that, so nothing to complain about there.
I think my biggest problem is the DLC itself. Due to Ultimate bringing every Nintendo veteran, plus the two most requested character i guess Sakurai felt that there were no worthy Nintendo characters left outside of a Xeno 2, ARMS, and FE Rep, and instead focused on just 3rd party DLC. I don't even hate guest characters, i liked Banjo, Hero and Terry, but i wish that FP2 was Nintendo focused, characters like Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong would have been nice and would have compensated for the overwhelming Third Party content in FP1, plus Simon (who was my most wanted alongside K.Rool, so i got lucky) and Richter and Ken in base game, plus every single returning Third Party from previous games.................yeah, FP2 beign Nintendo focused probably would have helped balance things out.

At this point i'm more interested if seeing if i can Mod Nintendo characters into Ultimate than waiting for them to come to the next game, since i'm not looking foward to the great "Who's getting cut" wars that will ensue in next game (and to make things worse, i bet most of the cuts will be Nintendo characters, while most guests return while also adding MORE guests)

The worst part is that i feel you and I are in the minority, everyone else is sure happy about Smash becoming about "GAmING HisTORY" whil requesting increasingly absurd choices lke Saber and 2B who have barely any Nintendo presence in Smash (is it too much to ask for their games to come to Switch in return?) i weep for the future, but at least i will always appreciate what came before.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I think my biggest problem is the DLC itself. Due to Ultimate bringing every Nintendo veteran, plus the two most requested character i guess Sakurai felt that there were no worthy Nintendo characters left outside of a Xeno 2, ARMS, and FE Rep, and instead focused on just 3rd party DLC. I don't even hate guest characters, i liked Banjo, Hero and Terry, but i wish that FP2 was Nintendo focused, characters like Bandanna Dee and Dixie Kong would have been nice and would have compensated for the overwhelming Third Party content in FP1, plus Simon (who was my most wanted alongside K.Rool, so i got lucky) and Richter and Ken in base game, plus every single returning Third Party from previous games.................yeah, FP2 beign Nintendo focused probably would have helped balance things out.

At this point i'm more interested if seeing if i can Mod Nintendo characters into Ultimate than waiting for them to come to the next game, since i'm not looking foward to the great "Who's getting cut" wars that will ensue in next game (and to make things worse, i bet most of the cuts will be Nintendo characters, while most guests return while also adding MORE guests)

The worst part is that i feel you and I are in the minority, everyone else is sure happy about Smash becoming about "GAmING HisTORY" whil requesting increasingly absurd choices lke Saber and 2B who have barely any Nintendo presence in Smash (is it too much to ask for their games to come to Switch in return?) i weep for the future, but at least i will always appreciate what came before.
Doesn't help that the current direction has made many very dismissive of Nintendo characters as desired choices, which is deeply disappointing and sells a significant amount of characters short.

It's not even like we are anywhere dry on notable Nintendo characters, just the ones Nintendo likes to push. I have made several rants on my blog on how underesitmated of a series Wario is and why Mona has a lot going for her that would warrant her getting more exposure, including a Smash outing and I still stand by all of it.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You know, all of the newcomer threads are closing down, and that gives me time to relfect on how Smash has been going.

For as much hype Smash Ultimate has been, it has been soul-crushing to me to see once a Nintendo-centric franchise become centered in characters that aren't relevant to the Nintendosphere slowly but surely, with Joker beign the straw the broke the camel's back.

Now that i played WWGIT, i really really wish Mona had been the true Star of Warioware. Sometimes people ask "Why do we need to redesign Wario to fit more into Wario Land when you can have Captain Syrup instead? Wario is """"""""fun""""""" as he is!"

I tell you why, Captain Syrup is boring as hell and her character design is the only thing memorable. I play WarioLand for WARIO, his moves and personality and abilites in those games are what drove me into those games, not a character who only was a main antagonist on 2 out of 5 (and beign a shopkeeper in the last one) to use her as the way of represent Wario Land in Smash would be like using Sephiroth as an excuse to give FF the content that should have been in the base game, which i loathed just as equally. Warioware IS the game with the more interesting cast (not counting Wario himself as i don't really like him in those games, GiT is sort of an exception because he puts his Shoulder Bash to good use, unlike Smash 4)

I would give all the Wario Land Stuff to Wario and have Mona be the "Mona"ware stuff instead, especially now that Get It Together gives us an idea of what she can do when playable. But i know that's not gonna happen. Not only is WarioLand dead, but Smash in general doesn't really care about Nintendo characters that much, at least if Ultimate's DLC is anything to go by. You need to be either a real, real vocal fanbase pick to be noticed, or be the hottest trendiest character that represents the newest game, a flavor of the month if you will.

I could say "i hope Mona gets into the next game", but....................im no longer interested into the next Smash at this point. I don't like the increasing focus on Guests and while thankfully at least half of them are characters i enjoy, i think it was TOO much TOO quickly, we got literally TWICE the amount of Guest characters in Smash 4, which in of itself was more than half of Brawl's. I feel that if the next game keeps adding more third parties than this game and doesn't cool it down, i may not even buy it (especially if the choices are anything like Kazuya, Sephiroth, and Joker) since i must put my money where my mouth is and not support stuff that i dislike, unlike those morons who keep talking and watch shows they hate.

So its kinda sad that even with the amazing finale of Sora's reveal, Smash still ended with a bittersweet note in a way for me, reminding me that Smash is not about Nintendo anymore and that makes me sad.

Smash Ultimate ended beign a reminder of what i loved about this franchise, and also a red flag of what things are to come for this series. And i think it's better i jump ship. Who knows what lies ahead, maybe i buy the next game like a obedient consumer and CONSOOMTM, But either way smashkirby smashkirby , all Mona fans, it was a pleasure to interact with you, even if it was very short due to me not going into this very thread very often.
Yeah i completly agree on the smash should be about nintendo bit!
Im generally pretty pissed of by reaction people screaming as new third parties het in eventho they arent anything specail or cool anymore i would scream if maybe we would get:
Darkmatter
Porky
Or any other zelda or kirby chars and honestly if it has to be a non nintendo char why not add anyone from undertale or deltarune these games where heavily influenced by nintendo the switch version of ut is the best version and theyre popular definitly better than adding sora a Character where only the worst game and DDD released on Nintendo Handhelds!
And over ten of them where from Mario, Pokemon and fire emblem!
And most people Complain about master chief not being in! eventho Banjo and Steve where some of the best and most Deserved third parties in Smash!

Top Bottom