• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What makes you think so?
Well, after Gold, I guess I just feel as if Nintendo would want to capitalize on that game's relative success somewhat. Considering Ashley's out of the running, I feel as if Mona would be a good pick. I mean, I'm not ruling out Kat & Ana or 9-Volt as possible, but I just feel like Mona would cover WarioWare's wackiness a bit better.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
On the Gamer stage, one of the new stage props that can show up is an easel with a drawing of Mona on it.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
On the Gamer stage, one of the new stage props that can show up is an easel with a drawing of Mona on it.

Well, it's nice to see that she and the rest of the Ware crew's cameos on Gamer really have been updated to their Gold looks.

BTW, warelander warelander . I'm sorry if this seems sudden and odd to ask, but how do you feel about the likes of Mona in Smash? I saw your post in Kat and Ana's thread, so...

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's nice to see that she and the rest of the Ware crew's cameos on Gamer really have been updated to their Gold looks.

BTW, warelander warelander . I'm sorry if this seems sudden and odd to ask, but how do you feel about the likes of Mona in Smash? I saw your post in Kat and Ana's thread, so...
I'd love it of course, Kat & Ana are my personal top choice for Ware character, but I'd never not support Mona as well. In a lot of ways I'd even call her the most natural choice for a Ware specific rep.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'd love it of course, Kat & Ana are my personal top choice for Ware character, but I'd never not support Mona as well. In a lot of ways I'd even call her the most natural choice for a Ware specific rep.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them playable before Mona either, but of course... I would like if she was the first additional Wario rep too.

Still, I've been wondering... what do you think Mona and the rest of the Wario cast was doing before Galeem killed them off?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alrighty, so the player icons for the game apparently feature Mona among them.

Hey there's a player icon in ultimate for Kat & Ana. Even Mona.
(It's close to a screen length from the bottom.)
:)
Note how she is the only one in the Wario Ware series section to not have any role in the game beyond regular spirit status (Ashley, meanwhile, is in the AT section and doesn't have her spirit icon on here), while Wario-Man is a FS, 5-Volt a stage obstacle and Kat/Ana a Master Spirit. This may be pretty telling.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alrighty, so the player icons for the game apparently feature Mona among them.

Note how she is the only one in the Wario series section to not have any role in the game beyond regular spirit status (Ashley, meanwhile, is in the AT section and doesn't have her spirit icon on here), while Wario-Man is a FS, 5-Volt a stage obstacle and Kat and Ana are Master Spirits. This may be pretty telling.
Yeah, I have to admit, this was pretty telling to me as well. I guess we can only hope this means SOMETHING good for Mona. I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but it's still neat to see Mona (out of all of the Wario characters that DON'T have some Smash-related role) get recognized in such a manner.

For example, even 5-Volt COULD have just as easily used BOTH her her normal appearance AND her scary form (both of which appears as separate Spirits, BTW), but Nintendo only went with the scary form for a player icon.

Daryuu

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I have to admit, this was pretty telling to me as well. I guess we can only hope this means SOMETHING good for Mona. I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but it's still neat to see Mona (out of all of the Wario characters that DON'T have some Smash-related role) get recognized in such a manner.

For example, even 5-Volt COULD have just as easily used BOTH her her normal appearance AND her scary form (both of which appears as separate Spirits, BTW), but Nintendo only went with the scary form for a player icon.
Didn´t the same thing already happened in Smash4?
I mean if we don´t count the trophies from Wario and AT, we had a

9&5-Volt Trophy, most likely because of the stage;

a Dr. Crygor Trophy, probably because he made the bike and the Katanas for Kat&Ana.
In Brawl they always had to write "...Dr.Crygor, a employee of Warioware Inc...",
for the Trophy description of Kat&Ana and the Bike, but they didnt need to in 4
since they just made him a Trophy.

And then we had Mona´s Trophy for no special smash-related reason.
While other charas like Jimmy and Chricket didn´t had Trophies.

But I´m still really happy to see her as a player Icon,
I hope she is a high-level primary spirit, because I definetly want
to play as Wario with the Mona Spirit equipped.:grin:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys! Been a while, but I just wanted to ask, does anyone know if Mona appears in World of Light? I know Dr. Crygor appears, possessing a clone of Dr. Mario and the Volt boys possess Lucas (9-Volt) and Incineroar (18-Volt).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
My god, in hindsight, Wario was a phantom thief once, and now we got the Joker. Really sneaky there.
Oh, my goodness... you're right...!

Say, does anyone wonder what Mona's occupation would be in the next WarioWare game? It's been on my mind, but I can't think of anything that a high-schooler would as a part-time job that she hasn't already done...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hadn't thought about that. Maybe acting as a part-time janitor? I can't say that one has been done (I was a janitor's aide for a high school formation once).
WOW. Mona. As a janitor. Something about the possibility of her turning a job that mundane (Uh... no offense to you or anything, BTW) into something like a police chase is making me laugh to no end here.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys! Just real quick, I wanted to let all of my fellow Mona supporters know... I seem to have finally discovered just how to acquire Mona's Spirit in Smash Ultimate! Well, actually... a fellow Ayumi Tachibana supporter I know (@Taigiry) explained to me how to acquire Mona's soul.

Real quick though... I should mention that according to said supporter, it would appear that Mona's soul can NOT be found in World of Light or even in the Spirit Board (All things considered, I guess Mona doesn't have a Spirit Battle to acquire her, if this is the case). Instead, one sure-fire way to acquire her Spirit is by summoning her.

That being said, Mona seems to be guaranteed to get when you have the Spirits needed to summon her. Of course, you'll sort of need said Spirits first. According to them, Mona's Spirit MIGHT be purchasable in the normal shop (outside of W.o.L.), but they don't recall ever seeing her there either.

Anyways, for anyone who would like to know who/what Spirits they'll need to summon Mona's Spirit:

• Ouendan Cheerleaders
  • Ayumi Tachibana

Again, I'd like to give a big thanks to Taigiry for their help on this.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That makes a lot of sense. Although it is odd she can't be found normally otherwise. That may not mean anything, but it's something to think about.
I know, right? I found it really weird too. From I've seen so far, I think Mona is the only Wario character who seems to have this distinction. That is, unless Jimmy T.'s Spirit also has to be summoned with other Spirits like Mona does (and I think it does...). I haven't seen how one would come about acquiring Jimmy T.'s soul, so...

In exciting WarioWare news, the Feb. 2019 issue of Nintendo Dream magazine is going to have an in-character QA with Mona and Ashley

did they start a band?
Oh, yeah! I saw this just this morning! I was thinking about posting about it here, but since I know little to no Japanese, I didn't want to jump the gun by saying anything and I ended up being wrong. So, there really WILL be a Q&A with BOTH Mona and Ashley? That's really cool! I wonder if anyone would be willing to translate it...

Excellent, she's starting to make the big leagues! :b:

Also, good on Undertale for managing to get on a cover.
Hooray! You know, I really feel like something has to be said about how Nintendo seems to be giving Mona (who, alongside the rest of Wario's gang, seems like something of an afterthought to them, especially when compared to Ashley) more and more exposure than they ever did (prior to WW Gold), however little it may be.

D

Deleted member

That is, unless Jimmy T.'s Spirit also has to be summoned with other Spirits like Mona does (and I think it does...). I haven't seen how one would come about acquiring Jimmy T.'s soul, so...

Always wanted to use this.
Sorry to bring bad(?) news, but everything I said about Mona is true for him, too. No spirit battle, no spirit shop, maybe the normal coin shop but, just like with Mona, I've only ever seen Jimmy T. by summoning him. If you're curious:
  • Don Flamenco
  • Kalypso (Kremlin from Barrel Blast

Might as well mention all the WarioWare Spirits and how to get them while I'm here:
  • Summon (Ouendan Cheerleader, Ayumi Tachibana)
  • Summon (Don Flamenco, Kalypso)
  • Story Mode
  • Spirit Board (?)
  • Summon (Charlotte Aulin, Star Rod, Neutral Type Primary filler, Support filler)
9-Volt & 18-Volt*
Dribble & Spitz
Kat & Ana
Dr. Crygor*
Orbulon
Wario-Man
Young Cricket*
5-Volt -level 99> 5-Volt (Angry)
Pyoro
Fronks
(Those marked with * are 100% in WoL, others might be, too, but I'm not too sure, there's no easy way to check except replaying through it again)
The others are Spirit Board, Classic mode reward, etc,. In fact, there are very few special Spirits. A handful of summoning and ~6 Story only from what I could tell. Pretty much every Spirit, bar those, can simply be gotten through good old RNG, although some need "unlocking" by at least obtaining one of those first.
That should cover pretty much everything, I think. If not, feel free to ask.

Daryuu

Smash Rookie
In exciting WarioWare news, the Feb. 2019 issue of Nintendo Dream magazine is going to have an in-character QA with Mona and Ashley

did they start a band?
You know I always hate the fact that Ashley is so overrepresented despite actually liking Ashley, but I guess this way would be fine, not only her but also Mona or another cast member. Also the Volt-Group (I´m not saying Volt-Family because 18-Volt is not part of their family) were also a band in their trailer,
I think it´s cool.

Also to avoid misunderstandings this page only says that there will be a question and answer with WarioWare Gold characters, while showing Ashley and Mona. But it does not say that it´s only those two. At least these two should be there.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Always wanted to use this.
Sorry to bring bad(?) news, but everything I said about Mona is true for him, too. No spirit battle, no spirit shop, maybe the normal coin shop but, just like with Mona, I've only ever seen Jimmy T. by summoning him. If you're curious:
  • Don Flamenco
  • Kalypso (Kremlin from Barrel Blast

Might as well mention all the WarioWare Spirits and how to get them while I'm here:
  • Summon (Ouendan Cheerleader, Ayumi Tachibana)
  • Summon (Don Flamenco, Kalypso)
  • Story Mode
  • Spirit Board (?)
  • Summon (Charlotte Aulin, Star Rod, Neutral Type Primary filler, Support filler)
9-Volt & 18-Volt*
Dribble & Spitz
Kat & Ana
Dr. Crygor*
Orbulon
Wario-Man
Young Cricket*
5-Volt -level 99> 5-Volt (Angry)
Pyoro
Fronks
(Those marked with * are 100% in WoL, others might be, too, but I'm not too sure, there's no easy way to check except replaying through it again)
The others are Spirit Board, Classic mode reward, etc,. In fact, there are very few special Spirits. A handful of summoning and ~6 Story only from what I could tell. Pretty much every Spirit, bar those, can simply be gotten through good old RNG, although some need "unlocking" by at least obtaining one of those first.
That should cover pretty much everything, I think. If not, feel free to ask.
Hey, @Taigiry! Thanks so much for the WarioWare Spirit info dump here!:) Say, since you're here... do you happen to have any info on how to acquire the Spirits of the Wario Land characters, by any chance?

You know, I always hate the fact that Ashley is so overrepresented despite actually liking Ashley, but I guess this way would be fine, not only her but also Mona or another cast member. Also the Volt-Group (I´m not saying Volt-Family because 18-Volt is not part of their family) were also a band in their trailer,
I think it´s cool.

Also to avoid misunderstandings this page only says that there will be a question and answer with WarioWare Gold characters, while showing Ashley and Mona. But it does not say that it´s only those two. At least, these two should be there.
Honestly, I feel the exact same way about Ashley. I certainly don't hate the girl, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find her somewhat overrated. I don't know... I guess she's not a bad character by any means, but I just never really got the hype surrounding her.

Also, the in-character Q&A covers the entire WarioWare cast? Well, that'll be interesting! You know something that's been bugging me a bit... I worry that Nintendo isn't giving Gold enough promotion over here in the West (especially when compared to Japan), and it makes me wonder if this could hurt the game in the long run...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know I always hate the fact that Ashley is so overrepresented despite actually liking Ashley, but I guess this way would be fine, not only her but also Mona or another cast member. Also the Volt-Group (I´m not saying Volt-Family because 18-Volt is not part of their family) were also a band in their trailer,
I think it´s cool.

Also to avoid misunderstandings this page only says that there will be a question and answer with WarioWare Gold characters, while showing Ashley and Mona. But it does not say that it´s only those two. At least these two should be there.
I find it interesting that even 13-Amp was in the band.

Only reason why Ashley got shilled is because she looks like a lolita gothic girl. Problem is, Nintendo properties are generally not associated with trendy girls like that, so the fanbase eventually got tired of it. It's like if Rosalina had marketing focus over every single other Mario character (except the man himself) for a decade.

D

Deleted member

Hey, @Taigiry! Thanks so much for the WarioWare Spirit info dump here!:) Say, since you're here... do you happen to have any info on how to acquire the Spirits of the Wario Land characters, by any chance?
Wario Land has a lot less Spirits compared to Ware:
  • Wario ( I mention him because his classic look has his own Fighter Spirit)
  • Captain Syrup
  • Princess Shokora
  • Count Cannoli
  • Shake King
I have to admit I don't know if any of those appear in the story (though I'm very sure at least Syrup is), but all of them can be gotten through RNG (shop, Spirit Board, etc), meaning none of those are special, bar Wario himself. You see, every fighter has a Figther Spirit you get after Classic Mode, but some have multiple, those with alternate costumes like the 3 Marios, 2 Warios or those with multiple genders (Inkling, WiiFit Trainer, etc). Usually those alt costume Spirits can only be gotten through the coin shop, as it doesn't matter what costume you beat Classic with, you always get the "default" one. Some of those (PoR Ike, Inkling Boy, Wedding Mario) are on the Challenge Board, but most (like Classic Wario) seem to be coin shop only.
Also a little note about the WarioWare spirits I mentioned above:
Pyoro is a late game spirit.
I think that should cover pretty much everything Wario related I can think of.

Daryuu

Smash Rookie

Honestly, I feel the exact same way about Ashley. I certainly don't hate the girl, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find her somewhat overrated. I don't know... I guess she's not a bad character by any means, but I just never really got the hype surrounding her.

Also, the in-character Q&A covers the entire WarioWare cast? Well, that'll be interesting! You know something that's been bugging me a bit... I worry that Nintendo isn't giving Gold enough promotion over here in the West (especially when compared to Japan), and it makes me wonder if this could hurt the game in the long run...
What is written on that page can be translated as "WarioWare Gold, Character Q&A", we know for sure Ashley and Mona are included but nothing more.
It could be only those two or it could be more, it´s not written on the page.
However just a few minutes ago we got the character trailer for Dribble, Spitz and Orbulon. And yes they brougth the female Orbulon back. But the important
point is that we only missing the trailer for Young Cricket&Master Mantis. By the time the Q&A will be printed all trailers will definetly be out already.
So it would make sense to have a Q&A with all characters since everybody got a trailer as well.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I find it interesting that even 13-Amp was in the band.

Only reason why Ashley got shilled is because she looks like a lolita gothic girl. Problem is, Nintendo properties are generally not associated with trendy girls like that, so the fanbase eventually got tired of it. It's like if Rosalina had marketing focus over every single other Mario character (except the man himself) for a decade.
Personally, I feel as if Nintendo is beginning to make 13-Amp (just like 5-Volt before her) a slightly more prominent figure in WarioWare, having her appear in things like this in order to push the idea of her of becoming (at the very least) a recurring character within the series.

As for Ashley, I'd... actually have to agree with you here that this might be why Nintendo stopped trying to over-promote the likes of her so much. I mean, I don't think it's the ONLY reason, as I also think the release of WarioWare Gold itself pretty much pushed Nintendo on the idea to start promoting more than just Ashley, but I do agree that what you suggested was (at the very least) one of the reasons.

Wario Land has a lot less Spirits compared to Ware:
  • Wario ( I mention him because his classic look has his own Fighter Spirit)
  • Captain Syrup
  • Princess Shokora
  • Count Cannoli
  • Shake King
I have to admit I don't know if any of those appear in the story (though I'm very sure at least Syrup is), but all of them can be gotten through RNG (shop, Spirit Board, etc), meaning none of those are special, bar Wario himself. You see, every fighter has a Fighter Spirit you get after Classic Mode, but some have multiple, those with alternate costumes like the 3 Marios, 2 Warios or those with multiple genders (Inkling, Wii Fit Trainer, etc). Usually those alt costume Spirits can only be gotten through the coin shop, as it doesn't matter what costume you beat Classic with, you always get the "default" one. Some of those (PoR Ike, Inkling Boy, Wedding Mario) are on the Challenge Board, but most (like Classic Wario) seem to be coin shop only.
Also a little note about the WarioWare spirits I mentioned above:
Pyoro is a late game spirit.
I think that should cover pretty much everything Wario related I can think of.
Ah, I see! Thank you! Say, I hope this isn't asking much of you... but do you think we could also get a sort of run-down on what Spirits are classified as what? For example, Dr. Crygor is considered an Advanced Spirit, right?

Who would be the next best choice for a Warioware rep after Mona and Ashley?
Mr. Thang, of course!

Well, either him or 9-Volt and/or the cab boys.
Yeah, I have to agree with with KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 here, but maybe replace the 'cab boys' (who I see working as ATs anyways), with Kat & Ana. By the way, the 'cab boys' you were referring to... you do mean Dribble and Spitz, don't you?

What is written on that page can be translated as "WarioWare Gold, Character Q&A", we know for sure Ashley and Mona are included but nothing more.
It could be only those two or it could be more, it´s not written on the page.
However just a few minutes ago we got the character trailer for Dribble, Spitz and Orbulon. And yes they brought the female Orbulon back. But the important
point is that we only missing the trailer for Young Cricket&Master Mantis. By the time the Q&A will be printed all trailers will definitely be out already.
So it would make sense to have a Q&A with all characters since everybody got a trailer as well.
Oh, very true. I guess we'll just see when that issue of Nintendo Dream comes out, won't we? Say, IS there anyone out willing to translate that interview, or...?

Also, is it true that Young Cricket and Master Mantis are the only ones left who need to have the mini-video? We sure did plow through these quick. I mean, I know most characters shared theirs, but still...

You know, while I'm bringing it up...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Personally, I feel as if Nintendo is beginning to make 13-Amp (just like 5-Volt before her) a slightly more prominent figure in WarioWare, having her appear in things like this in order to push the idea of her of becoming (at the very least) a recurring character within the series.

As for Ashley, I'd... actually have to agree with you here that this might be why Nintendo stopped trying to over-promote the likes of her so much. I mean, I don't think it's the ONLY reason, as I also think the release of WarioWare Gold itself pretty much pushed Nintendo on the idea to start promoting more than just Ashley, but I do agree that what you suggested was (at the very least) one of the reasons.

Ah, I see! Thank you! Say, I hope this isn't asking much of you... but do you think we could also get a sort of run-down on what Spirits are classified as what? For example, Dr. Crygor is considered an Advanced Spirit, right?

Yeah, I have to agree with with KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 here, but maybe replace the 'cab boys' (who I see working as ATs anyways), with Kat & Ana. By the way, the 'cab boys' you were referring to... you do mean Dribble and Spitz, don't you?

Oh, very true. I guess we'll just see when that issue of Nintendo Dream comes out, won't we? Say, IS there anyone out willing to translate that interview, or...?

Also, is it true that Young Cricket and Master Mantis are the only ones left who need to have the mini-video? We sure did plow through these quick. I mean, I know most characters shared theirs, but still...

You know, while I'm bringing it up...

I was thinking 13-Amp could return myself, she's too uniquely-designed to just be a one-off.

Yeah, I was talking about Dribble & Spitz (who else?). Kat/Ana is a little iffy, since Sakurai might want to shy away from swordspeople for a bit, for variety's sake. Although both duos are still likelier than Orbulon and Dr. Crygor, and Kat/Ana did get to be ATs first, and that's usually a ticket towards eventual promotion.

I find it curious that Orbulon had to share a vid with the guys, I know they all went to outer space and all, but still. Edit: Oh, it's a Mega Party Games reference! Can't believe I forgot about that.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
1w2.png

Here's a new christmas themed Mona artwork, from the official WarioWare Gold website.

D

Deleted member

Here are all the Wario related Spirits with their classifications and abilities, sans Wario himself:
Jimmy T
Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
No Ability

Mona
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
1 Slot
Down Special +

9-Volt & 18-Volt
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
Zap-Floor Immunity

Dribble & Spitz
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Battering Items +

Kat & Ana
Master Spirit
(Like Fighter Spirits, those aren't equippable and thus have no rarity nor effects.)

Dr. Crygor
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Electric Attack +

Orbulon
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Irreversible Controls

Wario-Man
Primary
4 Stars (Legendary)
3 Slots
No Ability

Ashley
Support
4 Stars (Legendary)
2 Slots
Fast Final Smash Meter

Young Cricket
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Aura Attack +

5-Volt
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots
Can evolve to 5-Volt (Angry) at Lv. 99

5-Volt (Angry)

Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
3 Slots
Critical-Health Attack +

Pyoro
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Mr. Saturn Equipped

Fronks
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Improved Escape
Captain Syrup
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots
No Ability

Princess Shokora
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Super Leaf Equipped

Count Cannoli
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
2 Slots
Magic Attack +

Shake King
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Throw Power +

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here are all the Wario related Spirits with their classifications and abilities, sans Wario himself:
Jimmy T
Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
No Ability

Mona
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
1 Slot
Down Special +

9-Volt & 18-Volt
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
Zap-Floor Immunity

Dribble & Spitz
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Battering Items +

Kat & Ana
Master Spirit
(Like Fighter Spirits, those aren't equippable and thus have no rarity nor effects.)

Dr. Crygor
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Electric Attack +

Orbulon
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Irreversible Controls

Wario-Man
Primary
4 Stars (Legendary)
3 Slots
No Ability

Ashley
Support
4 Stars (Legendary)
2 Slots
Fast Final Smash Meter

Young Cricket
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Aura Attack +

5-Volt
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots

5-Volt (Angry)
Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
3 Slots
Critical-Health Attack +

Pyoro
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Mr. Saturn Equipped

Fronks
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Improved Escape
Captain Syrup
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots
No Ability

Princess Shokora
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Super Leaf Equipped

Count Cannoli
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
2 Slots
Magic Attack +

Shake King
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Throw Power +
>even Pyoro is a spirit
As it should, these folks have been thorough in their research of the series, though I just wish Penny was on there.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I was thinking 13-Amp could return myself, she's too uniquely-designed to just be a one-off.

Yeah, I was talking about Dribble & Spitz (who else?). Kat/Ana is a little iffy, since Sakurai might want to shy away from swordspeople for a bit, for variety's sake. Although both duos are still likelier than Orbulon and Dr. Crygor, and Kat/Ana did get to be ATs first, and that's usually a ticket towards eventual promotion.

I find it curious that Orbulon had to share a vid with the guys, I know they all went to outer space and all, but still. Edit: Oh, it's a Mega Party Games reference! Can't believe I forgot about that.
Yeah, I see her and Lulu returning for future WW games. I don't know, I just don't see them appearing in one game and leaving for the rest of the series. What's more, I'm pretty sure that whenever a all-new character has a rather prominent presence in their debut WarioWare game, they're usually sticking around for any and all future WW games (whether they be in a minor role or otherwise).

Yeah, the sword user thing is what also makes me rather iffy about Kat & Ana being playable in a Smash game anytime soon. But maybe Smash could do something unique with their twin swordplay? In regards to Dribble and Spitz, I still feel that had Kapp'n not been Smash Ultimate's Animal Crossing AT, Dribble and Spitz could have done what he does in the game, but with their cab (obviously).

Speaking of them though, what was their Mega Party Games story like? I've been hearing a lot about how Orbulon transforming into a cute girl has happened before?

View attachment 183700

Here's a new Christmas-themed Mona artwork, from the official WarioWare Gold website.
Can I just say that Mona is looking rather lovely here? I'm telling you all, the days of Nintendo's Ashley-shilling look like they really are coming to an end!

Jimmy T
Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
No Ability

Mona
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
1 Slot
Down Special +

9-Volt & 18-Volt
Support
3 Stars (Ace)
2 Slots
Zap-Floor Immunity

Dribble & Spitz
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Battering Items +

Kat & Ana
Master Spirit

Dr. Crygor
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Electric Attack +

Orbulon
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
2 Slots
Irreversible Controls

Wario-Man
Primary
4 Stars (Legendary)
3 Slots
No Ability

Ashley
Support
4 Stars (Legendary)
2 Slots
Fast Final Smash Meter

Young Cricket
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Aura Attack +

5-Volt
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots

5-Volt (Angry)
Primary
3 Stars (Ace)
3 Slots
Critical-Health Attack +

Pyoro
Support
2 Stars (Advanced)
1 Slot
Mr. Saturn Equipped

Fronks
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Improved Escape
Captain Syrup
Primary
2 Stars (Advanced)
3 Slots
No Ability

Princess Shokora
Support
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Super Leaf Equipped

Count Cannoli
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
2 Slots
Magic Attack +

Shake King
Primary
1 Star (Novice)
1 Slot
Throw Power +
Oh, thank you so much!

>even Pyoro is a spirit
As it should, these folks have been thorough in their research of the series, though I just wish Penny was on there.
Honestly, I was going to be rather surprised if there WASN'T a Pyoro appearance whatsoever in this game. As for Penny, I was actually expecting a Penny Spirit Battle involving the orange female Inkling. Still, I'm just glad she at least appears on the Gamer stage via the little easel on 9-Volt's desk.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I see her and Lulu returning for future WW games. I don't know, I just don't see them appearing in one game and leaving for the rest of the series. What's more, I'm pretty sure that whenever a all-new character has a rather prominent presence in their debut WarioWare game, they're usually sticking around for any and all future WW games (whether they be in a minor role or otherwise).

Yeah, the sword user thing is what also makes me rather iffy about Kat & Ana being playable in a Smash game anytime soon. But maybe Smash could do something unique with their twin swordplay? In regards to Dribble and Spitz, I still feel that had Kapp'n not been Smash Ultimate's Animal Crossing AT, Dribble and Spitz could have done what he does in the game, but with their cab (obviously).

Speaking of them though, what was their Mega Party Games story like? I've been hearing a lot about how Orbulon transforming into a cute girl has happened before?

Can I just say that Mona is looking rather lovely here? I'm telling you all, the days of Nintendo's Ashley-shilling look like they really are coming to an end!

Honestly, I was going to be rather surprised if there WASN'T a Pyoro appearance whatsoever in this game. As for Penny, I was actually expecting a Penny Spirit Battle involving the orange female Inkling. Still, I'm just glad she at least appears on the Gamer stage via the little easel on 9-Volt's desk.
Yup. Except for the Thang family, they were too good for this world.

I still think they can potentially get to do things, like Dribble biting enemies, Spitz helping in ways like a helicopter tail or holding down an opponent by the legs/feet so Dribble can punch 'em, and the aforementioned cab. Although it would have been hilarious to see them take Kapp'N's role as well ("You're going back to Diamond City, boss!" ":ultwario:: Waaaaaaahh!"). In regards to Kat/Ana, a Ice Climber-esque mechanic seems like the best route for them.

Basically, Orbulon asks to be taken to the depths of outer space, so he can ask them to join his army. Before they can answer, Orb gets conked away by an asteroid and crashes on Earth.

Indeed, I share the sentiment.

Yeah, I can live with that, the most understandable omissions are the too-recent 13-Amp and Lulu.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yup. Except for the Thang family, they were too good for this world.
I really hope Jimmy's family returns one day. Heck, Nintendo's little character mini-video for Jimmy T. has already confirmed that the Thang family still exists, so maybe we'll see them in a future game?

I still think they can potentially get to do things, like Dribble biting enemies, Spitz helping in ways like a helicopter tail or holding down an opponent by the legs/feet so Dribble can punch 'em, and the aforementioned cab. Although it would have been hilarious to see them take Kapp'N's role as well ("You're going back to Diamond City, boss!" ":ultwario:: Waaaaaaahh!").
Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind Dribble and Spitz being playable in Smash (Of course, Mona would obviously be (far and away) my first choice for a new Wario character in Smash). Still, the way you've described their hypothetical fighting style is really interesting! In fact, I'm imagining Dribble biting opponents like Wario's Chomp standard special move right now, and I imagine it looking WAY more natural on him than Wario himself.
Either way, being best friends and all, I can totally see them fighting how you described, but Spitz... flying? I mean... has he ever used his tail like that in WarioWare?

As for them being an AT, I'd LOVE if they had some sort of special dialogue if they came across Wario, like what you posted above.

In regards to Kat/Ana, a Ice Climber-esque mechanic seems like the best route for them.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of people suggest the idea of simply reworking the Ice Climbers' data for Kat and Ana, which I guess that would work? I mean, I'm no game developer, but I greatly doubt it'd be that easy...

Basically, Orbulon asks to be taken to the depths of outer space, so he can ask them to join his army. Before they can answer, Orb gets conked away by an asteroid and crashes on Earth.
Oh, I see. Thanks! Still though, is it just me or was WarioWare WAY more nonsensical and over-the-top wacky in its early years?

Indeed, I share the sentiment.
I'm telling you, it really feels like Mona got a LOT more cuter following her Gold redesign, and this Reindeer outfit just seems to exemplify that.

Yeah, I can live with that, the most understandable omissions are the too-recent 13-Amp and Lulu.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Though I'd like to ask, do either of them cameo on the Gamer stage in Ultimate?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really hope Jimmy's family returns one day. Heck, Nintendo's little character mini-video for Jimmy T. has already confirmed that the Thang family still exists, so maybe we'll see them in a future game?

Oh, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind Dribble and Spitz being playable in Smash (Of course, Mona would obviously be (far and away) my first choice for a new Wario character in Smash). Still, the way you've described their hypothetical fighting style is really interesting! In fact, I'm imagining Dribble biting opponents like Wario's Chomp standard special move right now, and I imagine it looking WAY more natural on him than Wario himself.
Either way, being best friends and all, I can totally see them fighting how you described, but Spitz... flying? I mean... has he ever used his tail like that in WarioWare?

As for them being an AT, I'd LOVE if they had some sort of special dialogue if they came across Wario, like what you posted above.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people suggest the idea of simply reworking the Ice Climbers' data for Kat and Ana, which I guess that would work? I mean, I'm no game developer, but I greatly doubt it'd be that easy...

Oh, I see. Thanks! Still though, is it just me or was WarioWare WAY more nonsensical and over-the-top wacky in its early years?

I'm telling you, it really feels like Mona got a LOT more cuter following her Gold redesign, and this Reindeer outfit just seems to exemplify that.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Though I'd like to ask, do either of them cameo on the Gamer stage in Ultimate?
Who knows? They just need to figure out a way to have them fit in again. Giving them the Chunky Kong treatment doesn't seem right.

Well, you gotta be creative to cover up some areas. Take Wario, I don't remember him having ever used a spinning corkscrew jump in any game, yet he has one in Smash. That aside, glad to hear though.

One thing for sure is, they most likely wouldn't tag in. Unless Kat can be played solo while Ana is an alt? Who knows what they'd do, really.

Seems that way. the presence of newcomers like Ashley and Young Cricket has probably caused things to dial down a bit in the absurd department.

Oh yes, though I do miss the fluff her mink coat had. That goes with art evolution, I suppose.

I haven't seen 13-Amp anywhere. Can't remember if I've seen Lulu though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Merry (Belated) Christmas, everyone! Sorry, guys. I would have come by yesterday, but I was celebrating Christmas with the family. Anyways, time to post what I wanted to post yesterday: a bit of festive Mona art!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Who knows? They just need to figure out a way to have them fit in again. Giving them the Chunky Kong treatment doesn't seem right.
Oh, definitely. You know what kind of ironic? At this point, I'd say that Chunky isn't the only one suffering from this problem. Heck, the entire Kong clan (outside of DK, Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, and Funky) are currently in a very similar situation to that of Jimmy's family.

Well, you gotta be creative to cover up some areas. Take Wario, I don't remember him having ever used a spinning corkscrew jump in any game, yet he has one in Smash. That aside, glad to hear though.
Touche...:p

One thing for sure is, they most likely wouldn't tag in. Unless Kat can be played solo while Ana is an alt? Who knows what they'd do, really.
I don't know about that. I mean, as close as Kat and Ana are? I just can't really see the two going the 'alt. skin' route, resulting in a Smash game giving one 'Katana twin' more "preferential treatment" over the other (like how Olimar and Bowser Jr. are considered the 'main characters' of their character slot over Alph and the Koopalings).

Seems that way. The presence of newcomers like Ashley and Young Cricket has probably caused things to dial down a bit in the absurd department.
Honestly, I feel like even with the inclusion of characters like them, WarioWare still had that wacky charm to it that makes you ask 'WTF just happened here???' I guess the weirdness aspect of the series did feel somewhat toned down over time, with Gold feeling a lot less...'random' when compared to earlier games, at least.

Oh yes, though I do miss the fluff her mink coat had. That goes with art evolution, I suppose.
Yeah, I think that can just be chalked up to simple art evolution. I don't what it is, but I feel like WarioWare Gold really did find a much better balance in regards to its artstyle (for both female AND male characters).

I haven't seen 13-Amp anywhere. Can't remember if I've seen Lulu though.
Yeah, I did some checking around and apparently it looks like neither 13-Amp or Lulu show up as Spirits in Smash Ultimate. Heck, anyone who was new to the series via Gold doesn't seem to show up as Spirits for that matter.

BTW, guys. I also wanted to share that Nintendo has apparently just released the official cast list for the Japanese dub of WarioWare Gold to the public.

It would appear that Ko Takeuchi himself (Head character designer of both WarioWare AND Rhythm Heaven) voices Mona’s boss, Manager Joe. I… can’t help but feel like there’s something REALLY “meta-humor” about that.

Wario/Wario Deluxe - Hironori Kondō
Lulu - Mako Mutō
Mona - Ruriko Aoki
Jimmy T. - Yūma Kametani
Kat - Maya Enoyoshi
Ana - Yui Matsuyama
Dribble - Yūma Kametani
Spitz - Kazuya Yamaguchi
Dr. Crygor - Kensuke Matsui
Penny - Maya Enoyoshi
Mike - Ryōta Suzuki
Orbulon - Shinya Hamazoe
9-Volt - Makoto Koichi
18-Volt - Subaru Kimura
5-Volt - Ruriko Aoki
Ashley - Ayaka Fukuhara
Red - Mako Mutō
Young Cricket - Ryōta Suzuki
Master Mantis - Shinya Hamazoe
(9-Volt’s) Fronk/Shaggy - Kazuya Yamaguchi
Ben (the reporter dog) - Mako Mutō
Amy/Aimi - Ayaka Fukuhara
Mimi/Yumemi - Ruriko Aoki
Joe - Ko Takeuchi
Mr. Sparkles/Mr. Hustle - Subaru Kimura
Gahrumble/Kurushījo - Subaru Kimura
Doris 1/Kurina - Makoto Koichi
Ralphie/Rakuo - Maya Enoyoshi
13-Amp - Yui Matsuyama
Ms. Munchly/Kotobuki-san - Mako Mutō
Ninja Steve/Ninta - Kensuke Matsui
Danny - Kensuke Matsui
Pops/Pō - Yūma Kametani

Anyways, here’s the link to the cast list.

Top Bottom