• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This here is Mona Pizza!
Makers of the world's best eats-a!
Fresh sauce and cheese galo-ore,
Brought straight to your front do-or! (Go! Go! Go! Go!)

So, just who IS Mona?

"Hey, you're a new face around here! Well, I'm Mona! I scoop gelato at the gelataria-when I'm not at school or making games, that is. So anyway, you should know that fortune-hunter Wario has inspired many of my strange games! He's always one degree ahead of cool, and he's even let me tag along with him on some of his money-grubbing adventures!" - Mona's profile page from the WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames$! manual

Mona is Wario's secret admirer and the second most important character in the WarioWare series for say. While still going to high school, she has worked part-time in many establishments in Diamond City, often owned by Joe. Ever since WarioWare: Twisted!, it seems that she has kept her place at Joe's pizzeria Mona Pizza, though she can still be seen doing other jobs. She made her first appearance in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! as one of Wario's friends who helped him produce microgames. As revealed in Mona's diary on the official Japanese website for WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, Mona is the daughter of an artist and a supermodel. The artist is Mona's father, while her mother is a busy supermodel who travels the world and doesn't see her daughter often.

In a comment by Mona in the blog of the Japanese website for WarioWare: Smooth Moves, it is written that she understands the feelings of Ashley a bit, because Ashley often feels lonely and thinks about her parents, while Mona herself rarely sees her busy mother. The games have yet to make a mention of Mona's family.

A recurring element in the WarioWare games overall is that Mona's tendency to take up various jobs throughout the series: Ice Cream Parlor Girl (WarioWare), Pizza Parlor Owner (Wario Ware Twisted), Rock Star (WarioWare Touched!), Cheerleader (WarioWare: Smooth Moves), Dumpling Stand Waitress (WarioWare: Smooth Moves), Artifact Hunter (WarioWare D.I.Y.), Detective (Game & Wario), and Fashionista (WarioWare Gold). Another running gag would be her attraction to Wario since it has been hinted at many times through the series (She's described as preferring wild guys in her Mega Microgames bio, her Game & Wario bio mentioned that she looks up to Wario for some reason, she wanted to dress in an outfit that screams "Wario" in WarioWare Gold, ect).

Why Mona Should be in Smash?

Sakurai seems to favor WarioWare more than Wario Land, which might boost her chances. She is not as popular as Ashley, but she has the importance to the series having been in every game since the start. Much like Kat and Ana, Mona has been around since the first WarioWare and has made consistent appearences for 15 years now. Unlike them however Mona, alongside Jimmy T stands out as one of the co-stars of WarioWare. She even has an outfit to match Wario's biker outfit. Anyways, she has moveset potential based on her variety of jobs (pizza parlor, dumpling stand, artifact hunter, ice cream parlor girl, rock star, detective) as well as having a scooter and animals that assist her. (the Snow White of WarioWare) She was part of a cheer squad in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, so several moves could take inspiration from that since it was the last good WarioWare game (Game & Wario is considered very divisive game among the fans). Seems like an odd thing to bring up, when saying it out loud, but WarioWare is a quirky series and nobody besides the big W himself represents that as well as Mona does. In fact it’s pretty much one of the main draws of the character, one look at her story in the first game will make that extremely clear and her love for weird things is what inspired her microgame theme. After all some of the more infamous. microgames like Gold Digger or Nighttime Allergies are her’s. She could pull from her various microgames, like pulling out the nose and finger from Gold Digger for a attack, in a similar manner to how Mr. Game & Watch draws from the various Game & Watch games. It would be a decent way to represent the wacky nature of WarioWare to have Mona use those kind of odd utilities and honestly, I can totally see her using microgame elements as weapons.

Wario himself naturally stands above all, being the main character, but Mona and Jimmy are usually the other starter characters in most games, have slightly more defined relationships with Wario then the others and have appeared in all games, besides DIY Showcase, even Snapped, which everyone else besides them, Wario, Kat and Ana skipped, even other major mainstays like 9-Volt or Dr. Crygor. Additionally Jimmy got to host the remix stages a few times, while Mona got other smaller pieces of spotlight, like during the ending of the first game and the “Mona Superscoop” series of capsules in Game & Wario.Long story short: if in-series significance is important to you, then Jimmy and Mona are the closest you will get to a co-star of any sort She had been fairly requested by fans of the games to be playable before the confirmation of Assist Trophies. She all had 2 stickers (One based on her usual outfit and the other based on her Rock Star outfit) and both version of Mona's Pizza (English and Japanese respectively) in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as unlockable tracks. In addition to being a sticker cameo in the Gamer stage like the rest of the WarioWare gang. Since fans want more female fighters, she is a good option and would fit in with the rest of the female cast.

Pizza Dinosaur's Arguments Against Mona

Mona is irrelevant
This isn't true the slightest as she has at least appeared in every WarioWare title since the first unlike fan favorite Ashley. Most of Wario’s co-workers and friends have a very close relationship with him, but Mona could be one of the closest (considering she was the only one to chase after Wario after he had ran off with the profits in the first WarioWare title). She is usually advertised with him like Jimmy T. or 9-Volt depending on the title (Ex: She was advertised with Wario in one WarioWare: Smooth Moves ad). What's more, she is usually the second person you would go to in most WarioWare titles and is a very beginner friendly character like Jimmy T. and the first Wario levels in each title. While this isn't as important, she is one of the many people called by Wario in WarioWare Gold's intro just to show how much she means to him as much as the rest of his friends/employees/suckers.

Ashley would represent WarioWare way better than Mona
As previously mentioned, that may not be the case. While Ashley may have various spells to fight in battle, she wouldn't represent WarioWare THAT well. The games are known for their quirky and scatological humor and Mona fits that status since that’s the main theme of her games in general as of the first WarioWare titles. Most of her microgames involved many situations like sniffing up snot, pulling a nose hair for a banana to fly out, directing people to the restroom in a hurry, a marionette deflecting watermelons by flailing its limbs, having a panda balance on a beach ball, a stickman defending himself from attacks with a crayon drawn shield, and many other crazy concepts. She could easily take inspiration from those microgames with the addition of attacks to represent her various jobs. That easily makes her on of the best options to represent WarioWare’s special kind of humor.

Wario doesn’t need another rep.

This is actually pretty subjective since Wario’s slowly becoming as big as Yoshi based on the sales and reception of most WarioWare titles. Wario may have attacks that represent both the Wario Land and WarioWare games, but he’s more of a Wario Land rep by heart due to having an overalls alternate costume and having more fame from the Wario Land games. Having at least one character from WarioWare and giving Wario more Wario Land based attacks could have an equal representation of both Wario subseries without either one being left out in the end. Choosing one WarioWare rep may be difficult, but Mona could easily be the best pick since she has that WarioWare charm to her and could easily be more profitable to the Smash fanbase.

We already have Villager and Mr. Game & Watch as the hammerspace fighters!
Again, it’s very subjective. Mr. Game & Watch has attacks that reference most of his handhelds while Villager has attacks based on the items and features of the Animal Crossing games. Mona could have attacks that replicate her quirky character with references to her many strange microgames and the various jobs that she had throughout the series. If we can have various swordsmen in the roster with obviously different attacks, then I don’t see the issue of having too many hammerspace fighters.

Mona's Groovy Moveset

STATS
Screen name: Mona
Size: 6/10
Weight: 2/10
(Running) Speed: 5/10
Power: 3/10
Jump: 5/10
Fall Speed: 6/10
Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No, only when she needs to.
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes. (which character doesn't?)

ATTACKS
Legendary:
Attack, Attack name, description.

Standard Attacks
Combo: Cupsy Daisy: Mona swings twice with a cup and ball toy with the final hit being a loopable combo.
Side Tilt: Toilet Training: Mona pints in both directions with a pair of light signals.
Up Tilt: Balancing Act: Mona tilts her finger up while balancing an umbrella with it.
Down Tilt: Nighttime Allergies: She does a powerful sneeze towards the ground.

Smash attacks
Side Smash: Twirling Stick Smash: Here she grabs her baton and smashes it. Ouch! O.o
Up Smash: Cheer up!: She got pompoms and smash them upward. Just like cheering. But these pompom’s hurt.
Down Smash: Split Kick: This is an easy one. She just splits.
Of course, you need to load a little of the attack before you can use them. with C-stick you can use them almost direct.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: Universal Marrionette: She faces forward and fails all her limbs around.
Front Aerial: Butterfingers: Mona swipes at her foe with a hot piece of toast.
Back Aerial: Fancy Footwork: Mona kicks backwards at an arc.
Up Aerial: Boom Box: A white box appears above her. When exposed to a foe, it explodes just like when the firework gets in the box from the actual microgame.
Down Aerial: Barrel Roll: Mona does a barrel role while facing downwards. ,

Situation attacks
Dash Attack: Sweeping Victory: Mona's legs are swept backwards, causing her to fall onto her foe.
Ledge Sweep (under 100%): Cage Match: She jumps on the land and swipes a small cage at the floor.
Ledge Sweep (over 100%): It Slices, It Dices: She climbs up on land, and does a slashing motion.
Get up attack (under 100%): Star Struck: She strikes her foe with a tiny shiruken.
Get Up Attack (over 100%): Crayon Epic: She does a deadly shield attack with a blue crayon shield. .

Special Attacks!
Neutral Special: Hot Slice: Mona throws a slice of pizza at her foe. The toppings determine the damage. Cheese(65% chance)=low damage, Pepperoni(20% chance)=medium damage, Supreme(10% chance)=heavy damage, Hawaiian(5% chance)=severe

Side Special: Moped Rush: Mona summons her scooter and rides it an any direction. The fast it moves, the more damage and knockback it will cause. She can hop on or off whenever she needs to. It will disappear after a while or be destroyed.

Up Special: Monette Rope: Mona raises out her arm as a few Monettes (3) to reach out diagonally. If the last Monette grabs a ledge, Mona blows her whistle and her minions would pull her to the ledge. It is a tether recovery moves like Olimar's Pikmin Rope, but the number of Monettes appear at random to make it a risky move. Three would be 50%, two would be 35%, and one would be 15%.

Down Special: Pet Summon: Mona blows on her whistle to summon at least one of her trusty pets to aide her in battle momentarily. Piggy (50%) would kick soccer balls at his foes. The elephant (35%) would squirt sludge to damage and shove his foes away in a large squirt. The Chimp (15%) would launch a banana peel to trip anyone in the way or who walks onto it. Each pet can only attack a few times until they disappear or die easily in one hit.
Grabs and Throws:
Grab: Pyoro: She uses the infamous red bird to grab the foe with his long sticky tongue.
Pummel: Hand Me Down: She whacks the foe with a leek.
Front Throw: Crash, Test Dummy: She inflates an airbag to knock the foe away.
Backwards Throw: Paper Plane: Mona tosses her foe backwards with the addition of a paper airplane for more damage.
Up Throw: Fan Boy: She makes the foe float by fanning a large paper fan before striking him/her with it afterwards.
Down Throw: Swap Team: Mona notices a fly on the foes face and smashes the his/her face with a flyswatter out of fear.

Misc. Animations
Sleeping: She kind of faints and lies on the ground. Her breathing is slow and gently.
Stunned: She tries to balance herself while taking steps forward and backward.

Final Smash:
Rock Out!
Mona faces the player and takes out her guitar to rock out with her band members, the Hot Slices. This lasts for 15 seconds. Dodging isn’t easy. Each strum emits a large orange soundwave to shock near by players. The more she strums the bigger the waves get. When it's over Art and Decko would disappear and Mona would put up her guitar.

Taunts
Up: She twirls her baton and says: ‘’Let’s go!’’
Side: Mona pulls out her camera and snaps a few photos before putting it away.
Down: She does her See ya! Greeting.

Entrance
Mona drives in on her Pizza delivery scooter. She jumps off and says: ‘’here’s your order!’’

Palette Swaps
  • Standard Motor Outfit
  • Green Motor Outfit
  • Blue Motor Outfit
  • Green Motor Outfit
  • Black Motor Outfit
  • Purple Motor Outfit

Victory Posses and Losing pose.
Up: She steps off her scooter and ‘’delivers’’ her pizza with a smile. No matter what kind of costume. She says while delivering: ‘’here is your Pizza!’’
Down: She twirls her Baton and throws it up. Then catches it and makes a Peace sign. One leg is lifted. No matter what kind of costume.
Side: She jumps up and down and says: ‘’Yay! I won!’’
Losing: She sits on her knees and shakes her head with her hands on her face.

Additional stuff
Codec Conversation
Snake: hey Mei Ling, Who is this jumpy pizza girl?
Mei Ling: ah, You have met Mona. She’s from the Wario Ware series. She’s a very cheer full girl. She owns her own Pizza store. Isn’t that great? I heard it’s a good business too!
Snake: hmm.. Pizza… Shall I ask her to make one for me?
Mei Ling: you should do! I heard they are delicious!
Snake: you want pizza too?
Mei ling: of course!
Snake: Well.. too bad! This Pizza is mine!
Mei Ling: Oh, Snake….

Kirby hat:
Mona’s eyes, and her biker helmet.

Wii Mote Sound:
The sound of a scooter and Mona her voice saying: ‘’I’m late!’’

Unlock message:
Pizza delivery! Mona is here, and wants to fight!

Role in the Super Smash Bros 4 Story Mode:
She was delivering a pizza order somewhere nearby the woods. When she walk there, she got shot by the Dark Cannon, who is fired by Bowser. Mona was kept in the dungeon where Peach and Zelda comes later. There she resurrects and meets Peach and Zelda. Then the story goes as normal. But only Mona is included.

Logo:
The Wario Ware Logo

Victory Theme:
Same as Wario

Here's some Alternate Costumes!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.414170168622291.85909.407917575914217&type=3

Mona's Hardworking Subordinates (Supporter List.):

Azure Warrior
Aussie the Shinobi
Lord-Zero
Laniv
Curious Villager
smashkirby
Kirbeh
Guybrush20X6
Russell_SSB
PsychoJosh
P. Kay
~ Valkyrie ~
Phoebee
Rockapin
sman3579
Samcrumpit
Luminario
Teeb147
Goodgrief741
CroonerMike
warelander
Takasmash
Captain Shades
KirbyWorshiper2465
Red Dead Redeemed
FoolTheFlames
Erotic&Heretic
UtopiaPoyzin
TeamFlareZakk
Travix Man
Daryuu
Flyboy
Smashing Ramen
NintyZ
Dyllybirdy
Sari
RetrogamerMax

Phoenix Douchebag
Golden Icarus
♕Pretty Roger♕

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For a moment, I thought you were giving up all hope on Mona for good because of WarioWare's uncertain future.

But at least you aren't giving up like our favorite busybody everywoman.

I still support. And can I say that MachRiderZ Smashified render looks beautiful?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Updated the support list. Welcome back you two.

For a moment, I thought you were giving up all hope on Mona for good because of WarioWare's uncertain future.

But at least you aren't giving up like our favorite busybody everywoman.

I still support. And can I say that MachRiderZ Smashified render looks beautiful?
I wouldn't count out the possibility of a new Wario title just yet. And if you think about it, all the extra promotion Ashley gets on Nintendo websites and Nintendo Badge Arcade shows that they still care about the franchises. Even if it's taking advantage of Ashley's natural popularity, they would care less if she's from a "dying" series.

So this job will keep rolling until the business breaks down. It's the matter of playing the waiting game now.

I know right? The old gif Laniv Laniv made kept breaking, so replacing it with the Smashified render made the most sense.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know what would add more activity here? Some good old memories of Mona's best games.

But I'll start with Smooth Moves just because.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, no one ever told me that Wario Ware Inc: mega party games had full front and side view body sprites of the Wario Ware cast for me to work with until I found out about it fairly recently when watching one of the video's from Hobo Bros.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/gamecube/wariowareincmegapartygame/sheet/57016/

The artwork is a little on the low res side admittedly, but eh, nothing waifu2x can't fix I guess.

Btw, yes, I still support Mona. ;)

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, no one ever told me that Wario Ware Inc: mega party games had full front and side view body sprites of the Wario Ware cast for me to work with until I found out about it fairly recently when watching one of the video's from Hobo Bros.
https://www.spriters-resource.com/gamecube/wariowareincmegapartygame/sheet/57016/

The artwork is a little on the low res side admittedly, but eh, nothing waifu2x can't fix I guess.

Btw, yes, I still support Mona. ;)
I'm guessing this will inspire you to finish that model? Good luck either way now that you have the references to work with. And I'm guessing the waifu2x is an image resolution program?

Added.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm guessing this will inspire you to finish that model? Good luck either way now that you have the references to work with. And I'm guessing the waifu2x is an image resolution program?

Added.
Yes, my current model looks very awkward and oddly deformed due to the inconsistent front and side view references I was limited on using. But after finding out about these sprites, that should make life a bit easier for me now. Thanks. ^^

And yes, waifu2x is an art enhancing program, It's very useful when used to enhance art that are fairly low res to make much of to a higher resolution.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Right.

Added you back.

We all would feel the same way if that happens. But it's likely as us getting a new WarioWare game these days.
Did Game & Wario fail that hard? Ouch, I wish we got to see the Wario Ware cast show up in a few Mario spin off's at least, particularly the Kart games or something....

Anyway, here's a wip for Mona if you guys are interested in having a sneak peak.
It's shaping up a lot better than my first attempt if I do say so myself. Just need to do her arms and rework her coat and helmet though...

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'm down for Mona, but it's pretty hard to choose to be honest. Mona, Syrup, Ashley? I'd be content with any of them as a new Wario rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did Game & Wario fail that hard? Ouch, I wish we got to see the Wario Ware cast show up in a few Mario spin off's at least, particularly the Kart games or something....

Anyway, here's a wip for Mona if you guys are interested in having a sneak peak.
It's shaping up a lot better than my first attempt if I do say so myself. Just need to do her arms and rework her coat and helmet though...
Yes. The game was both critically mixed and sold very poorly (even worse than most WW titles from what I heard). Then again, it tries something different and felt like a tech demo at best. Far from the worst game ever, but still weak when you compare it wth previous Wario titles. Huge shame.

Definitely like the progress so far. Glad the extra references are doing you better for this newest attempt. Good work.

I'm down for Mona, but it's pretty hard to choose to be honest. Mona, Syrup, Ashley? I'd be content with any of them as a new Wario rep.
Same. I would love them all to be honest. Even one of them would be satisfying enough.

Definitely adding you to dat dare list, Kirbeh.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I always felt Mona represented Warioware as a series better than Ashley. There's a load of potential in her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I always felt Mona represented Warioware as a series better than Ashley. There's a load of potential in her.
Pretty much. Ashley has the edge in heavy popularity and promotion, but Mona however or any other WarioWare character fits that wacky charm the series is known for.

I can agree that there's more than enough to be done with her. Even she can steal Wario's "Weird WarioWare Mojo" instead of him being the way he currently is.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Mona's got a lot in her character where you could get really creative with her. She embodies Warioware's spirit, and her minigames are categorized as basically being "strange". She's honestly the best candidate for the series for me. (and I'm honestly not a fan of all the promotions Ashley is getting, but that's just me.)

...but no Wario character should come at the expense of Wario's current design. He's perfect as is. They could've made him a frankenstein monster of references from both Warioware and Wario Land, but they took a decidedly neutral approach, emphasizing his whimsical, humorous personality. Sakurai took creative liberty with him to give us an incredibly designed, charming and ultimately original moveset, which is the perfect solution for a character that stars in multiple franchises. It shouldn't change because of a vocal minority.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mona's got a lot in her character where you could get really creative with her. She embodies Warioware's spirit, and her minigames are categorized as basically being "strange". She's honestly the best candidate for the series for me. (and I'm honestly not a fan of all the promotions Ashley is getting, but that's just me.)

...but no Wario character should come at the expense of Wario's current design. He's perfect as is. They could've made him a frankenstein monster of references from both Warioware and Wario Land, but they took a decidedly neutral approach, emphasizing his whimsical, humorous personality. Sakurai took creative liberty with him to give us an incredibly designed, charming and ultimately original moveset, which is the perfect solution for a character that stars in multiple franchises. It shouldn't change because of a vocal minority.
I can see where you are getting from. Wario is in the situation where his personality takes the most priority for the way he should act in Smash. I remember an old SourceGaming article about how his personality is a way of staying true to how Japan was exposed to him. A comical villain who's bumbling, smelly, and likes to make poop jokes (stuff that we Westerners were never exposed to that much). Hence the Broken Base over his portrayal in Smash. Honestly, some aspects of the moveset fits him good enough, if only his Shoulder Barge weren't removed (R.I.P.). Don't get me wrong though, a Wario Land moveset with some hints of WarioWare would be cool (Which the bike itself is too cool to remove). I can see why Sakurai went with what we currently see of him and I've definitely enjoy playing as him since Brawl.

On the topic of Mona, you are definitely right in the case of her being that perfect for of WarioWare compared to her more popular real Ashley. Whether it be the microgames or her crazy pets, she's definitely that perfect silly fit that would bring more to the table regarding the series' trademark humor (which is something that Ashley would miss out on because of her brooding character and magic).

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Been meaning to tell you, for this being the first time I'm EVER seeing Mona in 3D, fan-made or otherwise, your Mona model looks spot-on and just plain gorgeous so far! Out of curiosity, how long do you think it'll take you to finish?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Been meaning to tell you, for this being the first time I'm EVER seeing Mona in 3D, fan-made or otherwise, your Mona model looks spot-on and just plain gorgeous so far! Out of curiosity, how long do you think it'll take you to finish?
I don't know really, I have a bit of a busy schedule with work and all, so it may depend on whenever I get the free time to work on it. I should be able to get the basic proportions of the model done fairly soon though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't know really, I have a bit of a busy schedule with work and all, so it may depend on whenever I get the free time to work on it. I should be able to get the basic proportions of the model done fairly soon though.
Well, whenever you get the time. I understand that everyone has business to attend to.

BTW, has anyone seen that April Fools' prank from Nintendo that announced (of all things) a WarioWare spin-off? Which I THINK featured Ashley as the main main character? Honestly, I could be wrong on the part about Ashley. If I am, someone please correct me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BTW, has anyone seen that April Fools' prank from Nintendo that announced (of all things) a WarioWare spin-off? Which I THINK featured Ashley as the main main character? Honestly, I could be wrong on the part about Ashley. If I am, someone please correct me.
Yeah, it was the one with Ashley and Mona.

Sure it's just a joke, but it's safe to say that the company far prefers the little witch as a WarioWare character (as if the badges weren't enough). Not to kill off any hope, but we still got some fight left during the Ashley Wars for our red head worker.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, it was the one with Ashley and Mona.

Sure it's just a joke, but it's safe to say that the company far prefers the little witch as a WarioWare character (as if the badges weren't enough). Not to kill off any hope, but we still got some fight left during the Ashley Wars for our red head worker.
Oh, wow! Ashley AND Mona were the main characters? Would it be...weird or something to say I'd like to see that be real? Ashley at this point may as well have a spin-off game (for obvious reasons, popularity notwithstanding), and Mona should get the same for the sheer potential.

Honestly, I have to agree with you there. It at least shows me that Nintendo has WarioWare (somewhat) in mind. Still, kind of hoping they don't use the Game & Wario art for the future...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Oh yeah, I really like Mona. If I had to pick any girl from Wario's games it'd definitely be her, not only because she's quirky and cute but also because it releases Wario from the obligation of having to represent Warioware, and potentially lets him be retooled to have a moveset from Wario Land, which is the one thing I want more than anything. I had developed a partial moveset for her but I can see some folks here have already made some complete ones, that even make use of her various strange microgames.

I only have a partial movelist that I'd like to see for her, so bear with me here. Most of these moves are based on her first Warioware appearance and I'd like to hear some feedback.

Up+B: Boom Box - Mona lights a firework with a string attached to it. It will fly up into the air, taking her with it, heading towards a wireframe square that appears above her. The player can press B again to detonate the firework once it's in the square, and any enemies inside it when it goes off will get blown back a long way. However, mistiming the detonation puts Mona in a helpless freefall state. It is also possible to forego pressing the button and ride the firework to the end of its fuse.

Forward+B: Mona Scooter - She pulls out her scooter and goes for a ride. Functions much the same as Wario's bike, only much faster. She can also do flips and hot donuts to hit her opponents.

Up Smash: Butterfingers - Mona gets on her knees and puts a slice of bread in a toaster. She bops her head rhythmically while she waits for it to toast. Upon releasing the A button, a large piece of toast will fly upwards and hit the opponent. With proper timing, Mona can press A again to catch the toast and eat it to restore health. The toaster has a 1 in 8 chance of exploding (like Luigi's Forward Special), which sends a piece of burnt toast into the air. Burnt toast has a fire effect on enemies and also does more damage and knockback, but cannot be eaten.

Forward Smash: Nighttime Allergies - Mona sneezes. Has a cute animation where the longer you charge it up she goes "ah... ah... ah..." and finally "CHOOO!" when you release it. She sniffles and rubs her nose afterwards. Hitbox is a little small, but does decent knockback, killing most characters at 105%.

Down Aerial: Sunny-Side Up - A two-hit move. Mona pulls out a very large egg and bashes it downwards. If she presses A again, she will crack the egg and open it apart, causing a yolk to drop out. Enemies get damaged by the yolk, and it also pulls them downwards, making it useful for off-stage edge-guarding. If the yolk hits a platform, it instantly cooks with a heavenly voice making an "ahhh" sound. The yolk will remain on the platform for a moment, during which time it can be eaten for health. Although she can pull out eggs and crack them open as much as she wants, they will not produce another yolk until the first one disappears or is eaten.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah, I really like Mona. If I had to pick any girl from Wario's games it'd definitely be her, not only because she's quirky and cute but also because it releases Wario from the obligation of having to represent Warioware, and potentially lets him be retooled to have a moveset from Wario Land, which is the one thing I want more than anything. I had developed a partial moveset for her but I can see some folks here have already made some complete ones, that even make use of her various strange microgames.

I only have a partial movelist that I'd like to see for her, so bear with me here. Most of these moves are based on her first Warioware appearance and I'd like to hear some feedback.

Up+B: Boom Box - Mona lights a firework with a string attached to it. It will fly up into the air, taking her with it, heading towards a wireframe square that appears above her. The player can press B again to detonate the firework once it's in the square, and any enemies inside it when it goes off will get blown back a long way. However, detonating it puts Mona in a helpless freefall state.

Forward+B: Mona Scooter - She pulls out her scooter and goes for a ride. Functions much the same as Wario's bike, only much faster. She can also do flips and hot donuts to hit her opponents.

Up Smash: Butterfingers - Mona gets on her knees and puts a slice of bread in a toaster. She bops her head rhythmically while she waits for it to toast. Upon releasing the A button, a large piece of toast will fly upwards and hit the opponent. Mona can press A again to catch the toast and eat it to restore health. The toaster has a 1 in 8 chance of exploding (like Luigi's Forward Special), which sends a piece of burnt toast into the air. Burnt toast has a fire effect on enemies and also does more damage and knockback, but cannot be eaten.

Forward Smash: Nighttime Allergies - Mona sneezes. Has a cute animation where the longer you charge it up she goes "ah... ah... ah..." and finally "CHOOO!" when you release it.

Down Aerial: Sunny-Side Up - A two-hit move. Mona pulls out a very large egg and bashes it downwards. If she presses A again, she will crack the egg, causing a yolk to drop out. Enemies get damaged by the yolk, and it also pulls them downwards, making it useful for off-stage edge-guarding. If the yolk hits a platform, it instantly cooks with a heavenly voice making an "ahhh" sound. The yolk will remain on the platform for a moment, during which time it can be eaten for health.
Interesting ideas you have there. I never really thought of the Boom Box idea before and it fits a lot. Though I would have to ask, how big will the square itself be, around Bowser's size or alsoightly bigger? Comparing the firework to Mona, that would make the box at least slightly bigger than Mona. Not that resizing it will be an issue.

Nothing much to say about the Scooter, it works the way it should. Giving her more speed definitely fits with her character since she tends to run late a lot in the series or mess around with those cops.

Nighttime Allergies speaks for itself, very straightforward and effective. Though I can say hat I love the Butterfingers idea a lot. Can see a lot of anti-air and healing options with that move. It makes me wonder how dangerous that overheating the toast would be other than burning opponents.

And that Sunny Side-Up idea is something that's definitely a great fit for her character. We rarely have down aerials that release a fully interactive projectile. Let alone one that drags you down with a sticky yolk or cook itself into a meal. It's like the move Villager wish he had. I can enjoy using this attack a lot.

Nice ideas PsychoJosh and welcome aboard.

PsychoJosh

I imagine the square would randomly appear large or small, to mimic the different levels of difficulty in the Warioware game and also to put a little bit of a risk factor of Mona mistiming it and being put into freefall.

Correctly timing the firework inside the square would give Mona a boost upwards whereas mistiming it would put her into freefall early. I also imagine she could alter its trajectory very slightly, with no risk of missing the box, because the box would just move in the direction that she's holding towards. So it's only a matter of timing it properly. Of course, Mona could just forego attempting to time it and ride the firework to the end of its fuse, but in the event that there's an enemy above her, it won't do anything to hurt them and leave her vulnerable to attack.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Thought of another quick one just now. This one's even weirder...

Down Throw: Sole Man - her opponent shrinks and turns into a Fronk that runs around her foot. She stomps on them and they take damage as they instantly return to normal size. Can be an amusing kill move at high percentages.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thought of another quick one just now. This one's even weirder...

Down Throw: Sole Man - her opponent shrinks and turns into a Fronk that runs around her foot. She stomps on them and they take damage as they instantly return to normal size. Can be an amusing kill move at high percentages.
Another good one. Definitely captures that WarioWare charm perfectly. A very amusing kill move indeed.

Their size would probably be half one that of a mushroom or maybe the usual Poison Mushroom size. Imagine if she used that Down Throw on an already shrunken foe.

PsychoJosh

I'm missing this thread. I want to drum up more support for Mona. Just saw this picture today of her toy in Twisted and it got me thinking of her.

Maybe we should draw stuff?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm missing this thread. I want to drum up more support for Mona. Just saw this picture today of her toy in Twisted and it got me thinking of her.

It's been a long time since I last drew. I'm afraid that if I were to draw her, she would look off. Cute gif by the way.

Though we do need to find a new topic to discuss. What are the odds of a WarioWare Switch, even if it's a little small?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

That gives me an idea. After I finish coloring a comic of mines, I'll probably take a shot at drawing her tonight. Although it's been a while since I last drew a girl, so expect struggle with her legs and hair. :laugh:

That's the gif that used to be in the OP. Glad to see the full version of it. I bet it would make smashkirby smashkirby smile.

It's been a long time since I last drew. I'm afraid that if I were to draw her, she would look off. Cute gif by the way.

Though we do need to find a new topic to discuss. What are the odds of a WarioWare Switch, even if it's a little small?
Very small. But given the Switch's current success, it would be too insane to not take this opportunity while it's there. We need a more traditional WarioWare game and not whatever Game & Wario was.

I just want to see more Mona again (since that Mario Kart 8 dream is still dead).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just saw this picture today of her toy in Twisted and it got me thinking of her.

Oh, yeah! I remember this! Mona looks SO adorable here!

Like Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan said, Nintendo would have to be CRAZY to NOT take the opportunity to bring WarioWare to the Switch at this point. Also, we'd have to hope the game doesn't end up becoming...whatever Game & Wario turned out to be in the end.

I just want to see more Mona again (since that Mario Kart 8 dream is still dead).
You and me both, pal. Seriously, out of the entire WarioWare cast, Mona (IMO) is the one character who looks like she would fit in the most. Don't get me wrong, everyone else would as well, but I can actually picture Mona riding her scooter on the race track better than I could picture Ashley and Red riding her broomstick.

Top Bottom