• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

sman3579

Smash Cadet
Bullcrap nobody wants her in! She'd make a 100000x better Warioware rep than Ashley ever could.

These dudes need some egg on their face!
I totally agree, Mona has been there from the start and her wacky personality and odd jobs definitely fits the WarioWare feel better than Ashley. But he is saying that WarioWare doesn't deserve another rep at all, like no one from WarioWare should make it. Obviously he doesn't know what he is talking about but I so hope she makes it so I can rub it in his face.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Found some cute Mona fan art you all may enjoy.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Welcome aboard sman3579 sman3579

Glad to have more Mona fans around. We are like quiet bunch here. Just that she needs more noise to see how great of a Warioware fighter she makes.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, I can't help but feel like Mona and Ashley are suddenly neck-and-neck to be the next Wario rep. Call it weird, but I can't shake the feeling lately....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, I can't help but feel like Mona and Ashley are suddenly neck-and-neck to be the next Wario rep. Call it weird, but I can't shake the feeling lately....
Yeah, the two are literally at odds as far as the best WarioWare picks, Kat & Ana and Jimmy T too if we include them.

Although Ashley does have the Assist Trophy and loud Japanese fandom on her side. It all depends on how Sakurai wants to pick a WW character.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
We made it happen, baby! Let's keep it going and roll this giant snowball right over that nappy-haired little brat!

upload_2018-4-29_20-50-38.png

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Mona was cute to me, she will be a excellent addition if wario gets a second rep. In actuality i wouldn`t mind either her or Ashley getting into smash switch.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I take it no one posted this yet, so I'll do it.

Mona has a NEW look for WW Gold confirmed! From what I can gather, it looks like Mona's bringing back her white mink coat, but rather than the red sports bra and red mini-skirt that usually comes with said coat, she appears to be wearing a full red dress underneath instead. While I'll sort of miss the midriff design that usually came with the white coat, this is still a pretty good look on her.

Honestly, she's really giving off some pretty "classy woman" vibes with this new look. As a matter of fact, considering this game is supposed to be a sort of "celebration" of WarioWare (old and new), I guess it kind of makes sense that she'd have a more "classy" appearance for it.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. Out of curiosity, who do you all think the voice cast for WarioWare Gold will consist of (Mona included, of course)?

PsychoJosh

No idea. Hope Leslie Swan comes back as she had a pretty sexy Mona voice.

Mona's new outfit gives me the impression that she's some sort of runway model? Taking after her mother, I guess.

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I support this thread.
It's long overdue to see another Wario rep, so my support goes to Mona for that.
Hopefully she'll offer something unique that the other characters don't offer.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
No idea. Hope Leslie Swan comes back as she had a pretty sexy Mona voice.

Mona's new outfit gives me the impression that she's some sort of runway model? Taking after her mother, I guess.
Personally, I sort of see things going either way. Either Nintendo brings back Leslie Swan for Mona or they decide to "capitalize" on WarioWare Gold being the first WarioWare game with EXTENSIVE voice acting, and go with someone more "established" in the voice acting industry.

As for Mona herself, I almost forgot that her mom is a runway model. IMO, it certainly explains Mona's good looks. Maybe she's decided to follow in her mom's footsteps?

I support this thread.
It's long overdue to see another Wario rep, so my support goes to Mona for that.
Hopefully she'll offer something unique that the other characters don't offer.
That's even why I also support Mona too. I get that Ashley's a witch, and she's got the whole dark magic thing, but Mona feels like she has a bit more freedom to work with a moveset, you know?

BTW, I'd like to thank @MoonlitIllusion for these Mona for Smash signatures! Honestly, all I really asked for was one that used her Smooth Moves artwork, so it was really sweet of them to do sigs that used her Touched AND Game and Wario art too!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I sort of see things going either way. Either Nintendo brings back Leslie Swan for Mona or they decide to "capitalize" on WarioWare Gold being the first WarioWare game with EXTENSIVE voice acting, and go with someone more "established" in the voice acting industry.

As for Mona herself, I almost forgot that her mom is a runway model. IMO, it certainly explains Mona's good looks. Maybe she's decided to follow in her mom's footsteps?

That's even why I also support Mona too. I get that Ashley's a witch, and she's got the whole dark magic thing, but Mona feels like she has a bit more freedom to work with a moveset, you know?

BTW, I'd like to thank @MoonlitIllusion for these Mona for Smash signatures! Honestly, all I really asked for was one that used her Smooth Moves artwork, so it was really sweet of them to do sigs that used her Touched AND Game and Wario art too!
These look cute. Might as well add them to the OP just to spice things up.

As for guessing the cast, I am more of a "wait and see guy" since they will likely use the exact same cast from the previous games than using new voice actors.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Will always support Mona. Keep the hope alive!

PsychoJosh

Alrighty, here we go.

What's with Mona's new duds? Who's that large-eyebrowed brat next to Ashley? The answer to these questions and more... on the next episode of...

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Alrighty, here we go.

What's with Mona's new duds? Who's that large-eyebrowed brat next to Ashley? The answer to these questions and more... on the next episode of...

Personally, I've been speculating that Mona's following in her mom's footsteps and becoming a model like her.

Still wondering who the new girl is...

Also, it looks like 5-Volt is a member of the main cast now, which I guess I don't really have a problem with.

PsychoJosh

So Sakurai inadvertently kicked the hornet's nest that is the Ashley fanbase. They're all now buzzing about her having "high chances" of being in, and literally the only reason they believe this is because she wasn't seen as an assist trophy in the E3 demo.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I think she's still an Assist Trophy, and they just didn't put her in the demo, and that's all there is to it. I don't care how popular she is. popularity does not equate to gameplay potential. Sakurai knows this and that's why Waluigi is still an AT despite the massive ****storm from all the Waluigi fanboys who wanted him playable.

For God's sake they even ran an article on Washington Post about Waluigi not being playable, If Waluigi is so popular that his exclusion from Smash is newsworthy, what chance does Ashley have?

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So Sakurai inadvertently kicked the hornet's nest that is the Ashley fanbase. They're all now buzzing about her having "high chances" of being in, and literally the only reason they believe this is because she wasn't seen as an assist trophy in the E3 demo.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. I think she's still an Assist Trophy, and they just didn't put her in the demo, and that's all there is to it. I don't care how popular she is. popularity does not equate to gameplay potential. Sakurai knows this and that's why Waluigi is still an AT despite the massive sh**storm from all the Waluigi fanboys who wanted him playable.

For God's sake they even ran an article on Washington Post about Waluigi not being playable, If Waluigi is so popular that his exclusion from Smash is newsworthy, what chance does Ashley have?
As one of those Ashley supporters I'm just glad she made it past the first wave and it gave me more hope. Don't gotta be a downer and trash her in a different support thread. Being excited and thinking your character's chances got higher is part of speculation. It's fun.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

As one of those Ashley supporters I'm just glad she made it past the first wave and it gave me more hope. Don't gotta be a downer and trash her in a different support thread. Being excited and thinking your character's chances got higher is part of speculation. It's fun.
There's a point where it reaches outright delusion, and I'm sorry, I'm mainly just feeling defensive because of dealing with a lot of particularly annoying Ashley fanboys elsewhere. But the other things I said ring true, just because a character is popular doesn't mean that'll equate to a good Smash fighter. Popularity is fleeting and it is not the only factor taken into consideration when choosing fighters for the roster.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

She would be a good Smash fighter though, Ashley and Red working as a team would make for a lot of good movesets to be thought of, Red could turn into anything that is close to his size.
So... a Rosalina/Luma echo?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll admit, I'd come to peace with Ashley being added to Smash (...eventually), but I'm REALLY hoping Mona doesn't get the short end of the stick here. That said, I don't know f I'd settle for her being an AT.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'll admit, I'd come to peace with Ashley being added to Smash (...eventually), but I'm REALLY hoping Mona doesn't get the short end of the stick here. That said, I don't know f I'd settle for her being an AT.
If it helps, being an AT is better than simply being reduced to a trophy; a glimmer of hope of being promoted someday, however slim it is.

That said, hopefully she'll make it, both of the Mario Bros. have their main ladies in now, so should Wario's. ;)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
At least, if Mona appeared as an Assist Trophy, she will finally have an official 3D model that can be used.
I would still like to see her playable though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
At least, if Mona appeared as an Assist Trophy, she will finally have an official 3D model that can be used.
True, no official WarioWare character had a 3D model yet, other than Mona's own pets in Mega MicroGames.

Or if we include Smash, both Ashley and Kat & Ana for being Assist Trophies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

9-volt and Jimmy T had a 3d model
Oh ****, I almost forgot that this commercial was a thing. Back when Nintendo made creative ads.

That makes 9-Volt, Kat & Ana, Ashley, Jimmy T, Wario (duh), and Mona's pets as the only Warioware characters who have official 3D models/CG's.

Mona would look cute in 3D.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, I just remembered. Mona actually DOES have a 3D model in WW: Mega Party Games (As uncanny as it may look). In fact, I'm pretty sure the Mario Wiki has stated that Mona is the first WW character to ever be depicted in 3D, for that matter.

If it helps, being an AT is better than simply being reduced to a trophy; a glimmer of hope of being promoted someday, however slim it is.

That said, hopefully she'll make it, both of the Mario Bros. have their main ladies in now, so should Wario's. ;)
Yeah, I suppose you have a point there. Speaking of which, I remember someone here working on a 3D Mona model. I wonder if that's still being worked on...

A double-edged sword situation if I've ever heard of one.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Add me as a supporter for Mona! I always did like her better than Ashley as I've played the very first WarioWare games. I always found it odd that Wario didn't have a second rep, even in the days of Brawl when Mona's chances were most likely higher than now. Mona is Wario's #2 in his own series, so she should be his #2 in Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Speaking of Mona, I'd like to post these here if no one minds:

Honestly, this is some of the most BEAUTIFUL Mona fanart I've ever seen! The first piece is a neat take on Mona's WW Gold look, and I begin to describe how cute it is to see Mechanica from ARMS helping Mona repair her moped.

Seriously, this person looks good enough to be the successor to Ko Takeuchi (the character designer for WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven) if Nintendo's ever looking for a new artist. In fact, I feel as if this person's art has given Mona more expression and character than Takeuchi's art has in recent years.

Then again, Mona hasn't had new art of her being made since Game and Wario...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Mona appears as an Assist Trophy, then so be it.

It's better than another lazy 2D "sprite" like most of the WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven trophies in Smash 4.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

It's better than another lazy 2D "sprite" like most of the WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven trophies in Smash 4.
As I've mentioned before, this is definitely a "double-edged sword" situation if I've ever seen one. On one hand, Mona (at the very least) gets SOME sort of an important role in Smash, but on the other hand...she's NOT playable.

Also, it's good to see you again, Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan .

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I still have hope for Mona being in Smash in some shape or form. If she`s an AT i`ll be okay with it, but if she`s playable that makes it even better.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I still have hope for Mona being in Smash in some shape or form. If she`s an AT i`ll be okay with it, but if she`s playable that makes it even better.
My sentiments, exactly.

BTW, guys. In the event that Mona's added to Smash as a playable character, do you think her FS would include her Monette cheerleading squad from WW: Smooth Moves, or...?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My sentiments, exactly.

BTW, guys. In the event that Mona's added to Smash as a playable character, do you think her FS would include her Monette cheerleading squad from WW: Smooth Moves, or...?
Might as well be the most appropriate Final Smash idea.

Nothing from Game & Waro screams "Final Smash" to me, unless people want her taking pictures of people. But I think more fans want to forget that game exists.

So her having her cheer squad wouldn't be too bad.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I thought Ko Takeuchi's art style looks better in 2D than as 3D models in most cases tbh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought Ko Takeuchi's art style looks better in 2D than as 3D models in most cases tbh.
That may be true for Rhythm Heaven honestly. But for Wario, it feels kind of jarring when the rest of the cast is 2D while Wario (who's a fighter) is completley 3-dimensional.

Unless you feel the AT models for characters like Ashley and Kat & Ana look lifeless in comparison.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Might as well be the most appropriate Final Smash idea.

Nothing from Game & Waro screams "Final Smash" to me, unless people want her taking pictures of people. But I think more fans want to forget that game exists.

So her having her cheer squad wouldn't be too bad.
Aside from her cheer squad, I also had the idea that she could call in her pets to basically perform Wario's Smash Ultimate FS, though I guess it would be without the final fart strike that sends opponents flying at the end?

That may be true for Rhythm Heaven honestly. But for Wario, it feels kind of jarring when the rest of the cast is 2D while Wario (who's a fighter) is completely 3-dimensional.

Unless you feel the AT models for characters like Ashley and Kat & Ana look lifeless in comparison.
My sentiments exactly. Honestly, despite all the demand for a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash, I legit STILL have a difficult time picturing just about anyone from that series in 3D. As for Wario's cast, I can see them working out (Yes, even in their Game & Wario appearances). Then again, I suppose it helps that Ashley, Kat and Ana have appeared as ATs in Smash with 3D models, no less.

BTW, I had a dream last night that Mona and Captain Syrup were confirmed appear in Smash Ultimate in some capacity at the same time. From the looks of things, Mona was playable, whereas Captain Syrup was an AT (Sorry, Captain Syrup fans). In case anyone wanted to know, Mona appeared to wear her iconic white mink coat and biker's helmet, but her dress underneath seemed to be a modified variation of her red sports bra and red mini-skirt that resembled the simple red dress she wears in WW Gold.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That may be true for Rhythm Heaven honestly. But for Wario, it feels kind of jarring when the rest of the cast is 2D while Wario (who's a fighter) is completley 3-dimensional.

I honestly feel like something is a bit... off... with the 3D renditions of characters like Ashley. Maybe I am just not that used to seeing her in 3D.

Aside from her cheer squad, I also had the idea that she could call in her pets to basically perform Wario's Smash Ultimate FS, though I guess it would be without the final fart strike that sends opponents flying at the end?

My sentiments exactly. Honestly, despite all the demand for a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash, I legit STILL have a difficult time picturing just about anyone from that series in 3D. As for Wario's cast, I can see them working out (Yes, even in their Game & Wario appearances). Then again, I suppose it helps that Ashley, Kat and Ana have appeared as ATs in Smash with 3D models, no less.

BTW, I had a dream last night that Mona and Captain Syrup were confirmed appear in Smash Ultimate in some capacity at the same time. From the looks of things, Mona was playable, whereas Captain Syrup was an AT (Sorry, Captain Syrup fans). In case anyone wanted to know, Mona appeared to wear her iconic white mink coat and biker's helmet, but her dress underneath seemed to be a modified variation of her red sports bra and red mini-skirt that resembled the simple red dress she wears in WW Gold.
I kinda wish they could keep the flat 2D art style if we did get a Rhythm Heaven character. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be nice. I imagine it'd be interesting to program.

Top Bottom