• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cutest Multitasker Rides into Battle! Mona for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
In my version she brushes the air in front of her and not the ground. It leaves toothpaste bubbles in the air.

I've also been thinking about her Mona Pizza stage. I always wondered why Mona's pizza shop is a two-story building. Maybe she also lives there?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In my version she brushes the air in front of her and not the ground. It leaves toothpaste bubbles in the air.

I've also been thinking about her Mona Pizza stage. I always wondered why Mona's pizza shop is a two-story building. Maybe she also lives there?
I see, that sounds even better. The toothpaste bubbles are a nice touch.

I guess that would be the case. That building being so high got to serve a purpose. She probably gets tired from cooking pizzas and delivering them. It's the closest thing to a house that she has other than the one from the first game.

PsychoJosh

Drawing Mona today reminded me of just how sexy she is, good lord.

I'll post my moveset drawings later.

upload_2018-3-11_23-10-26.png

edit:

First things first, her down-air.

upload_2018-3-10_3-51-24.png

upload_2018-3-10_4-39-21.png

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

PsychoJosh

Dang, fell off the front page already?

Thanks for all the compliments Yomi. I'll keep making them to the best of my ability, but sometimes I'll be busy.

I invite everyone to provide more feedback on these drawings I'm making. Any comments are welcome.

I made a little animation for her toast charge.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Do honestly feel like she'd be quintessential 2nd Rep for Warioware-games since the Brawl-days, and Wario's current moveset and animations would have befitted her much better when done certain modifications - while Wario could have been in his Land-incarnation instead.

I mean, I think Wario Bike-esque move would have worked tons better for Mona, for example.

Anyway, do chalk me in as a supporter.

EDIT: Astounding work on her moveset sketches PsychoJosh PsychoJosh ! I'm very reeled in to see her moves corporate the minigames she's had in the series.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Thanks Valkyrie, glad you like them! I do agree, part of the reason I want Mona so badly is to have an excuse to revamp Wario to a Wario Land-based moveset, since Mona would be making sure WarioWare has a rep.

Incidentally, this is the song I pictured her bopping her head to while waiting for her toast. It's what I listened to when I was drawing this...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Thanks for all the compliments Yomi. I'll keep making them to the best of my ability, but sometimes I'll be busy.

I invite everyone to provide more feedback on these drawings I'm making. Any comments are welcome.

Perfect, just perfect.

You described frame by frame in a way the Up Smash would work in a hilarious matter. Can already picture Mona humming as she waits the giant toast that will burn her opponents.

I really am liking the work you are putting into these.

Do honestly feel like she'd be quintessential 2nd Rep for Warioware-games since the Brawl-days, and Wario's current moveset and animations would have befitted her much better when done certain modifications - while Wario could have been in his Land-incarnation instead.

I mean, I think Wario Bike-esque move would have worked tons better for Mona, for example.

Anyway, do chalk me in as a supporter.

EDIT: Astounding work on her moveset sketches PsychoJosh PsychoJosh ! I'm very reeled in to see her moves corporate the minigames she's had in the series.
That's partially her appeal. She would work better as the "Wario-Ware incarnate" fighter with all the necessary references to microgames. Taking that Fighting Clown definition to an extreme level with a hint of weirdness.

That being said, I'll add you.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

This is too cute. The visuals seem like they are telling a story and showing how a move works at the same time.

Love it.

PsychoJosh

Alright, I suppose I got one more in me before I have to get back to work on other projects, so I guess I'll take a request. If anyone's got any ideas for an attack or wants me to come up with one, let me know and I'll see if I can draw it.

I was trying to decide on a down-tilt for her earlier, but I can't decide if it should be based on Nail Call (boss microgame where a nail is pounded into the ground) or I Came, I Saw (microgame where a log gets sawed open). Or maybe something else entirely if anyone has any ideas.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, I suppose I got one more in me before I have to get back to work on other projects, so I guess I'll take a request. If anyone's got any ideas for an attack or wants me to come up with one, let me know and I'll see if I can draw it.

I was trying to decide on a down-tilt for her earlier, but I can't decide if it should be based on Nail Call (boss microgame where a nail is pounded into the ground) or I Came, I Saw (microgame where a log gets sawed open). Or maybe something else entirely if anyone has any ideas.
Because Nail Call is Mona's first real boss stage, I'd say that it would be good enough as a down tilt.

Like have her pound what appears to be a nail in the ground. The hammer pins the foe down and the nail holds them in place slightly. It should be special enough without being too bad, like how Wii Fit Trainer's combo grounds you.

I would say I Came, I Saw would be more fitting as a throw IMO

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
WARIOWARE GOLD IS GETTING FULL VOICE ACTING?!?! I'M GOING TO HEAR MONA WITH FULL VOICE ACTING?! Please Nintendo, get Cristina Vee for her!

Also, it's great to see my fellow Mona supporters back! I can only hope the Smash Ballot and WW Gold will do something for Mona in Smash this time around...
Wait, was full voice acting seriously confirmed?

I do wonder how Mona and the others would talk when speaking full sentences.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, was full voice acting seriously confirmed?

I do wonder how Mona and the others would talk when speaking full sentences.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/08/warioware-gold-features-full-voice-acting/

I can't believe I am saying this, but this may be my most anticipated WarioWare game since Smooth Moves.

WARIOWARE GOLD IS GETTING FULL VOICE ACTING?!?! I'M GOING TO HEAR MONA WITH FULL VOICE ACTING?! Please Nintendo, get Cristina Vee for her!

Also, it's great to see my fellow Mona supporters back! I can only hope the Smash Ballot and WW Gold will do something for Mona in Smash this time around...
Glad to have you back smashkirby.

I too hope Christina Nee plays her (in WarioWare Gold or Smash) since I can't see many other fitting options.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hearing Wario speak in Japanese is pretty unreal. Though I'm sure Charles Martinet will be voicing him in the dub.

As for Mona, I am also on the Christina Nee hype train too. She fits Mona more than any other VA.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hearing Wario speak in Japanese is pretty unreal. Though I'm sure Charles Martinet will be voicing him in the dub.

Not that much to me - I'm very much reminded of his Japanese Wario Land-commercial outings:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not that much to me - I'm very much reminded of his Japanese Wario Land-commercial outings:

Right, I forgot that there were Japanese Wario Land commercials that had him speaking in Japanese. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was voiced by Eggman's Japanese VA (RIP) in those commercials.

It makes me wonder who the new guy is playing him in WarioWare Gold.

PsychoJosh

God, please no. Anyone but Cristina Vee. All her voices sound EXACTLY the same. She doesn't have a clue how to inflect.

Get Leslie Swan back, she was perfect as Mona.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That is true, they could just get Leslie back easily since she is a reoccurring voice for her.

Hearing her speak full sentences would be a treat.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That is true, they could just get Leslie back easily since she is a reoccurring voice for her.

Hearing her speak full sentences would be a treat.
This is the most realistic scenario IMO

The characters already have established voice actors. Just that they will have to read a script more and make them feel less like Mario characters.

Hell, Ashley is the first character ever to have full voice acting for her own theme song in Touched.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Count me in as a supporter! I'm rooting for Captain Syrup primarily (who doesn't have a thread somehow? Maybe I should make one!) but I'd love to have them both in, especially since, in my opinion, Wario himself doesn't really wholly represent either of his series. Except for his bike and final smash, moveset-wise he sort of brings his own garlicky flavor to the table based upon neither game series in particular. Captain Syrup could represent the best of Wario Land while Mona could do so with WarioWare!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Count me in as a supporter! I'm rooting for Captain Syrup primarily (who doesn't have a thread somehow? Maybe I should make one!) but I'd love to have them both in, especially since, in my opinion, Wario himself doesn't really wholly represent either of his series. Except for his bike and final smash, moveset-wise he sort of brings his own garlicky flavor to the table based upon neither game series in particular. Captain Syrup could represent the best of Wario Land while Mona could do so with WarioWare!
I’d say go ahead and make one if you want.

I’d be all for Captain Syrup.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Brilliant, this is the thing we would want the most out of but both series other than Wario acting mostly like WarioWare the Fighter.

And sure. You are on the list.

PsychoJosh

Nothing as far as I know, she just went back to being a localization manager for Nintendo, her most recent work being Yoshi & Poochy's Wooly World.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
While I'd prefer Orbulon or Dr. Crygor, Mona is definitely possible. IMO, Mona should be the second choice for a "WarioWare" representative. I think the series merits another character. I support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Nothing as far as I know, she just went back to being a localization manager for Nintendo, her most recent work being Yoshi & Poochy's Wooly World.
Really? Huh, I thought she retired from the postion come 2015 or so.

While I'd prefer Orbulon or Dr. Crygor, Mona is definitely possible. IMO, Mona should be the second choice for a "WarioWare" representative. I think the series merits another character. I support.
I don't hate Ashley or anything (not in the slightest), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to be a bit...bothered by her being Wario's second rep instead of Mona. I just sort of feel as if Mona deserves it WAY more.

PsychoJosh

I don't hate Ashley or anything (not in the slightest), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to be a bit...bothered by her being Wario's second rep instead of Mona. I just sort of feel as if Mona deserves it WAY more.
I wholeheartedly agree.

I think the LAST person who should be a second Warioware rep is Ashley. I mean even if it turned out to be Crygor, Jimmy, 9-Volt or Orbulon, at the very least they give a much better representation of the series' quirky humor. Ashley is too much of a dark, humorless misanthrope, and while I understand that this is what makes her cute and appealing to a lot of people, overall I just think she's a poor representative of the Warioware series.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder, should Mona be limited to two costumes or three?

That is something that could depend on how much development time they would spend on her.

PsychoJosh

From what I've learned making my own fighting game, making alternate costumes is relatively cheap. If they wanted to, they could do one for every possible color.

It's only when alternate costumes require new rigging and other changes (like voices, sounds, etc.) that they start getting more expensive.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Wario acts more like a "Bootleg Mario" I wouldn't say clone because that would be inaccurate, but he essentially tries to imitate Mario's basic attacks in Smash but in an awkward fashion. So yeah, he doesn't entirely represent either of his own series to the fullest, but behaves more like a "bad Mario" in a literal sense of his Japanese name.

I do agree that Mona would do a better job at representing Wario Ware's quirky and slapstick nature. Captain Syrup would also be cool to have.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Glad that I could be of help with the colors.

It was fun coloring all those wacky animals and Mona herself.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
I am a pretty big WarioWare fan. I know the series is relatively obscure and niche, but several on the WarioWare games have sold in the 1-2 million copies category so I think it has some staying power. Also with the upcoming game coming out in August, I feel like it really helps the chances of getting a WarioWare rep.

Mona is easily one of the characters I want to see added in Smash 5 the most. She has been in every WarioWare game from the start unlike the fan favorite Ashley (although I’m not opposed to Ashley getting picked over Mona, but I’d prefer Mona). I love her character. So I am full on 100% with the idea of her making it in. Despite one of my friends saying nobody wants her and that WarioWare is irrelevant and won’t and shouldn’t get another rep. Here is to hoping my girl Mona makes it!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I am a pretty big WarioWare fan. I know the series is relatively obscure and niche, but several on the WarioWare games have sold in the 1-2 million copies category so I think it has some staying power. Also with the upcoming game coming out in August, I feel like it really helps the chances of getting a WarioWare rep.

Mona is easily one of the characters I want to see added in Smash 5 the most. She has been in every WarioWare game from the start unlike the fan favorite Ashley (although I’m not opposed to Ashley getting picked over Mona, but I’d prefer Mona). I love her character. So I am full on 100% with the idea of her making it in. Despite one of my friends saying nobody wants her and that WarioWare is irrelevant and won’t and shouldn’t get another rep. Here is to hoping my girl Mona makes it!
Glad to have you aboard. And I also agree that Warioware is here to stay despite many saying Game & Wario would had been the death of the franchise.

Mona is definitely my most wanted WarioWare character.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Despite one of my friends saying nobody wants her and that WarioWare is irrelevant and won’t and shouldn’t get another rep. Here is to hoping my girl Mona makes it!
Bullcrap nobody wants her in! She'd make a 100000x better Warioware rep than Ashley ever could.

These dudes need some egg on their face!

Top Bottom