The Cutest Multitasker: Mona for Smash Switch

But yeah, I knew for a while that AD were creatively exhausted from constantly cranking out nothing but M&L games. Paper Jam was even more divisive than Dream Team, and the remakes introduced technical issues that never were in the originals (especially BiS).

I'm not sure what's going to even happen after this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
But yeah, I knew for a while that AD were creatively exhausted from constantly cranking out nothing but M&L games. Paper Jam was even more divisive than Dream Team, and the remakes introduced technical issues that never were in the originals (especially BiS).

I'm not sure what's going to even happen after this.
I just hope those poor folks can find some work, or Nintendo just buys them out.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I came across this Twitter post on Monday, and while I'm not saying it holds water, I do find it interesting to think about...

I mean, the selection of non-playable characters seems a little... specific, doesn't it? I mean, why not just use EVERY character embodied as a Spirit in the game for these Friend Icons? As we can see, Nintendo simply re-used whatever artwork was used for a character's Spirit anyway, so...

Guynamednelson

Smash Champion
Premium
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
NNID
Nelson340
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, the selection of non-playable characters seems a little... specific, doesn't it?
The thing I mainly find odd about it is that the only non-playable Pokemon you can use as a profile icon that isn't a legendary is Slowpoke. Why not have all the Pokemon you can find in Poke Balls?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hmm, that is a fair point. Not to mention that Shantae has an icon there too, not having a category for her and being the only spirits-only third-party to have that distinction.
Oh, yeah. I remember you and quite a couple of others bringing up that very fact about how interesting (and kind of odd) it was to see Shantae being the ONLY 3rd party character found in the Friend Icon list whose universe was ONLY represented by Spirits.

In fact, remember how I mentioned in my last post, the whole thing about how most of the Friend Icon's selection of non-playable characters seeming oddly... 'specific'? Honestly, Shantae's one of those characters on this list that make me feel like I might want to give Boundary Break's theory a bit more credit...

I should also add that, in regards to Mona, I'm pretty sure she's the only Wario character on that list who currently doesn't have a big role in Smash Ultimate (outside of being a Spirit). Wario-Man is Wario's FS, Ashley's an AT, Kat & Ana are Master Spirits in World of Light (Not to mention, they were also Assists in Brawl and Smash 4), and 5-Volt is the Gamer stage's stage hazard.

All this being said, Mona does seem to be requested for Smash rather fairly (Nowhere even close to the amount of requests Ashley gets, and maybe even less than Kat & Ana, but I'd say Mona's still pretty up there).

The thing I mainly find odd about it is that the only non-playable Pokemon you can use as a profile icon that isn't a legendary is Slowpoke. Why not have all the Pokemon you can find in Poke Balls?
That's exactly the point I was trying to make before. Apparently, the non-playable characters' Friend Icons simply use whatever was used for said NPCs' Spirits. I don't see why they didn't just give EVERY character found as a Spirit in the game a Friend Icon to use (like Jimmy T.).