• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Crazy Kong With A Funny Face: Lanky Kong for SSB4! -Now with a new Owner.

Would you like Lanky Kong in the next Smash Bros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

I know he isn't the most likely or most wanted Kong, yet lets think about this would anyone be upset if he appeared. I think not, anyways Lanky first made an appearance as a playable character in DK64 and is even a trophy in Brawl. Now lets get to the move-set I made up. Also this isn't a joke character he will fit in well.

Move-set-
Up Special-Balloon Monkey-This his recovery move, Lankey blows up into a balloon and floats works likes Pit's up-special.

Neutral Special-blow-dart grapes-In DK64 all playable characters get a ranged weapons, the most famous being Diddy's peanut popper. Lanky's ranged weapon is blow-dart tube that shoots grapes. This would work like both Diddy's Peanut popper and Fox's blaster. It can be charged up for more power and distance, but it held too long the grape explodes in his face.

Down Special-Handstand ground-pound- works like Bowser's down special. Lanky flips into the air and then pounds the ground with his hands.

Side Special- Handstand Dash- Lanky goes on his hands and charges at opponent, works Fox's Side Special.

AAA- Lanky since he is orangutan has longs, he extends his arms and facepalms opponents on thid hit it repeats.

I can't think of the rest can you guys help.
Signature- Credit to Kikwi-Kiwi

Supporter List's
FireEmblemnier
Kikwi-Kiwi
Diddy Kong
Legendofrob1
Young Horsetail
[collapse=Toady]
Lanky Kong

Lanky Kong is the Clown of the Kongo Jungle. Although he's only appeared in two games, I would see him as having potential to be a character in this game. In the hit game for the N64, Donkey Kong 64, he was one of the 5 playable characters, others being Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Tiny Kong and Chunky Kong. All 5 of these characters had unique movesets to make the game fun to play, and as a matter of fact, Diddy Kong's Brawl moveset is 50% based off of this game! (Jetpacks, Peanut Popguns, etc.) Moving back to Lanky, let's explore what his chances are for getting in to the next game.

Is He Original?

I'd say Lanky Kong is one of the most unique Kongs. He runs around as care-free as a moose in Hawaii, and thinks every aspect of life is just a joke. Unlike the other Kongs who see their adventures as serious quests, Lanky just tags along for fun. I think this would make it easy to incorporate a fun, yet simple moveset as well as providing a funny variety of possible Taunts and Victory poses.

~**Moveset**~

Special - Slap: Stretches his arms in front of his and slaps the enemy. (Like his B move in DK64)
Up Special - Inflate: Lanky inflates into his balloon form and floats upward for a period of time, slightly controllable left and right. (Slow, but decent amount of time. If struck it cancels.)
Side Special - Spin Swat: Lanky spins around (both moving or standing) and slaps opponents with his outstretched arms. (Similar to Luigi's spin)
Down Special - Glissando: Lanky plays a glissando on his Trombone and it dazes enemies around him. (Works like Jigglypuff's Sing, except it dazes foes rather than putting them to sleep.)

Final Smash: Trombone Tremor
Lanky plays his DK64 Trombone tune and all enemies on the course get hurt (like Kirby's Mic attack from various Kirby games). Anyone who survives the blow is dazed for a few seconds.

Is It Likely?
Unfortunately, due to Lanky's lack of appearance in games, I don't think he would be chosen over characters like Dixie Kong or King K. Rool. However, if the DK Franchise gets more than 4 characters, like the Mario Franchise will most likely be getting, there is a possibility. On that topic, I see Donkey Kong as just as much of a deserving franchise to have many characters. Up until Brawl, it only had 1 character, and I always thought there should be more. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Please share your thoughts. To be honest, I'd probably agree with any rants that you come up with. I just wanted to post this to show that I would support him getting in and I wanted to share a possible moveset for him. ;)
[/collapse]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gotta say, Lanky Kong's my fave kong in DK64. So why not? I'd be all into supporting him. Not expecting he'd make it, but I'd support him. (-lwl-)^

I like the way you gave him some moves. Maybe he'd be sorta like Monkey D.Luffy of Smash Bros (stretching arm attacks). And of course, when he dashes, he does so by handstanding (or orangestanding if to be more exact :awesome:)

bombers14

Smash Apprentice
Funky is my number one for the DK series but Lanky would be fun to play as and would have his own moveset.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It really blows that idiotic gaming journalists and Retro Studios hate additional Kongs because the vast majority of them are really awesome, and Lanky is at the forefront of that group. He would be a worthy fourth DK rep who wouldn't need to rip off of Tiny or steal powerups to have a unique moveset.

D

Deleted member

Given that Chunky hasn't been seen since 64, and Tiny is just....meh....and Kiddy is just a DK rip-off, Lanky would be the ideal 4th Kong IMO for the series.

For Smash, though, he has a long line with K. Rool, Dixie, and even the likes of Cranky and Funky. :laugh:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
LAnky would be awesome! Lanky is basically my favorite kong and he would definitely be very unique with his long arms.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I like the remix they did of the DK Rap in smash bros. But it's time to make a remix more true to the original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcP91tQ4ZSM
C'mon Nintendo! Take it to the Fridge!
(Only Problem is That DK Games are made in the West and appeal more to Western Audiences, Shout out to Sakurai for taking us in Consideration and adding Diddy with his DK64 moveset, That really made Brawl special)

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
You know I'd think lanky might even be more likely then dixie of funky,
Because funky can easily be a costume swap for DK?
and dixie CAN be a costume swap for diddy?

Just sayin krool and lanky are really the only DK characters with different body structures :/

Plus a lanky kong spinoff series is in order :D

:phone:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I would like Lanky Kong too. Unfortunately he doesn't have much chance since K. Rool and Dixie will most likely get in before him. It would be great if he appeared as an AT or something else though.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Lanky is the most interesting non-ripoff looking Rareware kong I can think of. Swanky, Funky, Tiny, Kiddy, Wrinkly, Dread, Karate, Ninja, Sumo, Bluster, Bumpkin and Candy can stay in obscurity.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lanky is my favorite Kong, and I was a bit worried about his fate until Barrel Blast and Brawl, but I still think he has pretty much no chance at being playable anytime soon. Though I'd love to snipe some characters with the grape shooter and hit them with a trombone, lol.

@Birthnote
I wouldn't say Funky is in obscurity. In fact, I'd say that Funky has better chances than Lanky currently.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Country Kong, you mean?

Shrug...I can see why people don't like the additional Kongs, but knowing it's the same attitude that caused Retro to cast aside nearly all of the Rareware cast in DKCR just gets under my skin.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was much more upset we didn't get any Kremlings in DKCR than only three Kongs (as you probably were too BKupa ;)), but I would've liked to see Funky and Candy, if just for nostalgia purposes. Although they really wouldn't be very useful anymore. :laugh:

It also would've been nice to see Dixie and the 64 Kongs in some sort of cameo, but their absence didn't bother me. Maybe some of them will show up in some form when/if we get a DKCR2.

I really don't like non-Rare Kongs. Or any non-Rare DK characters. Xananab was stupid. :rolleyes:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Country Kong, you mean?
That's the 3rd name I've heard for him. Bumpkin Kong being the 1st, and Redneck Kong from someone else.

I was much more upset we didn't get any Kremlings in DKCR than only three Kongs (as you probably were too BKupa ;)), but I would've liked to see Funky and Candy, if just for nostalgia purposes. Although they really wouldn't be very useful anymore. :laugh:

It also would've been nice to see Dixie and the 64 Kongs in some sort of cameo, but their absence didn't bother me. Maybe some of them will show up in some form when/if we get a DKCR2.

I really don't like non-Rare Kongs. Or any non-Rare DK characters. Xananab was stupid. :rolleyes:
YES, Xananab is an embarrassment, and I was hoping Lanky and/or Dixie would show up in DKCR.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky would be amazing! He's definitely my choice for a 5th DKC-rep to. Though Cranky also would be cool. Couldn't possibly choose between the two. Hopefully Lanky will make an appearance as a trophy yet again, and maybe as an Assist Trophy even? The only other Kong that is as overlooked as Lanky is Kiddy, so he could use the attention.

And I liked Xananab actually. :c

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nuh-uh, Chunky is the LAST member of the DK Crew man. :smirk:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only problem with adding the whole DK crew is some of them have been changed since the N64 days...

Tiny ain't so tiny anymore, for example

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
The only problem with adding the whole DK crew is some of them have been changed since the N64 days...

Tiny ain't so tiny anymore, for example

I think its stupid they changed her height and all. If she got in Sm4sh I hope they would use her DK64 look.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually prefer the new design to tiny. I think it gives her a lot more personality than just a tot sized replacement for Dixie Kong.

I'm not quite sure why they needed a new kong when Dixie could have filled the role just fine, but whatever.

It's like having a medium between Dixie's tomboy nature and Candy's ...nature

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well other than that picture, I really don't have much of a problem with Tiny's new look either. It's not like we don't have Dixie to be the small female Kong. Plus Dixie is more important to the series anyway (and has a much greater chance of being playable in the future).

The only thing that upset me was when Tiny, of all people monkeys, was chosen to be in the Diddy Kong Racing remake. I understand why they didn't use Banjo and Conker, but to replace Banjo with Tiny? :glare:

jigglover

Smash Lord
I'd like to state the inappropriate pictures on this site for the younger generation that may have read those pictures! The first bra is entirely useless, and she may as well ditch it to be honest..!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So you'd like to complain about the picture above being inappropriate (it's really more disturbing than inappropriate), but then you advocate for her to lose the top all together? :laugh:

And trying to be as on topic as I can be... Lanky Kong should've been in DKRDS and Super Sluggers instead of Tiny. :awesome:

edit:
@jigglover VVV
Oh lol, ok. It's a good thing I use enough emoticons for everyone then. :chuckle::smirk::grin::rolleyes::shades::rotfl:
And if you want to make the troll face, and can't find it on the list, you can always type : troll: without the space after the first colon.

jigglover

Smash Lord
*Begins to talk, blushes, sound doesn't come out from embarrassing remarks, then closes mouth.
The first comment was a joke, I couldn't find the troll face in the emoticons (I thought they were in there because Opossum uses it all the time) I thought people understood online sarcasm.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Begins to talk, blushes, sound doesn't come out from embarrassing remarks, then closes mouth.
The first comment was a joke, I couldn't find the troll face in the emoticons (I thought they were in there because Opossum uses it all the time) I thought people understood online sarcasm.
I don't overuse it, do I? D:

Well anyway, I'd like Lanky, but only after K. Rool, Dixie, and possibly Cranky.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'd like to state the inappropriate pictures on this site for the younger generation that may have read those pictures! The first bra is entirely useless, and she may as well ditch it to be honest..!
I've seen worse pictures or equivalent pictures on this site many other times so it's nothing to worry about.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Well! Tiny could shift from her actual version to her N64 version and viceversa, since in Donkey Kong 64 shrinking is one of her abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom