• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Coney Island Disco Palace, A.K.A Bowser's Social thread!

D

Deleted member

This is the thread for the Almighty Leader of the Koopa Kingdom, Bowser!. If you wanna talk about Bowser and other things sort of related to Bowser in Smash Ultimate, you have come to the right place.​

We all knew Bowser was gonna return, so let's skip the congrats and get to the point.

How do you think Bowser fares in the installment? Are you happy about how they implemented him in this game?

Let the disscussion begin!​

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Since there's not much to talk about Bowser for the moment, here's a video in the meantime:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The changes he got in Smash 4 were great. All he needs is new voice work and maybe an alt costume of him in Odyssey.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just chiming in here to say that I preferred primal Bowser (Melee/Brawl) to humanoid Bowser (4). I still think the latter looks a bit goofy.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I think I'm the only person that's honestly disappointed with Bowser's moveset. Never felt they captured what Bowser was all about.

Even if he doesn't get a big overhaul, I really hope they look for better options for his Side b, nair, and dash attack.

I mean for his DA, he's a multi-ton spike covered turtle who is extremely confident in his own power, and he chooses instead to dive slightly out of the way and awkwardly kick the opponent?

Side B apparently while holding the opponent, Bowser is now capable of insane gymnastics, after never even hinting he could do a flip before, he shows off a vertical higher than his double jump plus his up b, does multiple graceful backflips that would've won Bowser Kingdom a gold medal in Rio 2016 had he been invited, and body slams the opponent, hurting them much less than you'd think they'd be after a gigantic turtle slams down on top of them going max velocity with all his weight.

For his nair, he decides to flail his arms and legs around instead of go for solid punches, kicks, or use that deadly spike covered shell like he used to?

Great attacks we have right there. Outside of Dash attack, I'd rather have all the old ones back if not given new ones. As for dash attack, a shoulder bash running headbutt hybrid would be perfect for him.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser definitely received some improvements after his dark days in Melee and Brawl. He still has some flaws that should be worked on though.

For starters, Bowser should probably receive damage-based heavy armor for his Whirling Fortress so that weaker hitboxes can't easily interrupt it. And I really don't understand why his up throw deals so little damage (6.5%), as I could see it dealing up to 10% damage on a grabbed target.

But the biggest thing that Bowser really needs is his voice clips made by Kenny James. Of course, Giga Bowser would still keep his realistic roars, since his appearance alone doesn't go well with Kenny James's work.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think I'm the only person that's honestly disappointed with Bowser's moveset. Never felt they captured what Bowser was all about.

Even if he doesn't get a big overhaul, I really hope they look for better options for his Side b, nair, and dash attack.

I mean for his DA, he's a multi-ton spike covered turtle who is extremely confident in his own power, and he chooses instead to dive slightly out of the way and awkwardly kick the opponent?

Side B apparently while holding the opponent, Bowser is now capable of insane gymnastics, after never even hinting he could do a flip before, he shows off a vertical higher than his double jump plus his up b, does multiple graceful backflips that would've won Bowser Kingdom a gold medal in Rio 2016 had he been invited, and body slams the opponent, hurting them much less than you'd think they'd be after a gigantic turtle slams down on top of them going max velocity with all his weight.

For his nair, he decides to flail his arms and legs around instead of go for solid punches, kicks, or use that deadly spike covered shell like he used to?

Great attacks we have right there. Outside of Dash attack, I'd rather have all the old ones back if not given new ones. As for dash attack, a shoulder bash running headbutt hybrid would be perfect for him.
Also, his F-smash should be his Bowser's Inside Story punch. It currently looks redundant with a short hop b-air.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Got a nice dose of changes in Smash 4. Finally could do what he was supposed to do: be a devastating power house when delivering the pressure and attacks on the opponent. Hopefully the changes to his tool kit continue.

Special moves are fine to me. Only thing I'd change is his standard special - fire balls are more representative than flamethrower for Bowser and would be more useful for him. Gives him a zoning tool.

Otherwise he's fine conceptually. Although while nitpicking, his final smash needs to change. Giga Bowser, a novelty as it was to play as him, can be replaced without hesitation for me this time around. Show off his goofy side too.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Also, his F-smash should be his Bowser's Inside Story punch. It currently looks redundant with a short hop b-air.
I actually don't mind any of his FSmashes, though this would be a good one too. I think that out of all his Smash attacks, Dsmash needs a change the most

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Bowser is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and i'm excited to see what happens to him this time, perhaps even most of all veterans. :bowsermelee:

Overall i prefered the animations and attacks more of the feral looking Melee / Brawl Bowser (except that dash) but i still hope that this time they make him feel more like canon Bowser as well as give him a voice or at least hearable roars (they are way too silent in smash 4 especially). In smash 4 he's somewhat like a transition between the old smash bowser and the more cartoony canon one.

I agree here.
A Horn charge bash for dashattack is something i've imagined as well, and i'm not too much of a fan of the new arm flailing Nair compared to the shell spin one.

Side B is silly but fine imo although i think a variant of his Melee Side B would be cool where after grabbing someone you could press forward for a clawslash or backwards for a strong horizontal throw, but also with the added option of doing the flying slam as a option for pressing down.

Special moves are fine to me. Only thing I'd change is his standard special - fire balls are more representative than flamethrower for Bowser and would be more useful for him. Gives him a zoning tool.
I think it would be interesting to have both, maybe something like:

Press / Hold B = Firebreath
Tap B again during firebreath start animation = Fireball

I'd like to see Firebreath have shorter endlag / faster startup as well, being able to angle it more or covering more area if it stays since at the moment it's alot of risk for minimal reward.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fire Shot is present in Bowser's custom special movepool, so he already has the option to spit one fireball, instead of a stream of fire. Of course, there is a delay between fireball shots.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Nobody really uses custom moves...do they?

PF9

Smash Lord
In my headcanons, Bowser is the leader of the Smasher faction "Evil, Inc.", which also includes Ganondorf, and during the Melee era, Mewtwo (who after returning to Smash, disowned his association with Bowser and Ganondorf as part of his new life outlook). Since Brawl, King Dedede has been a member of Evil, Inc., as he is the version depicted in the Kirby anime in my headcanons (more evil than in the games), complete with accent. Bowser Jr. is the newest member of Evil, Inc., having joined in 2014.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Fire Shot is present in Bowser's custom special movepool, so he already has the option to spit one fireball, instead of a stream of fire. Of course, there is a delay between fireball shots.
Yeah, but I feel that's a band-aid solution rather than a real fix.

It would still be great if you can tap the B button for a long-range fireball and hold B for a fire stream.

If customs are implemented, they can make is so that Fire Shot disables the stream while Fire Roar disables the ball, but both customs have their current properties.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yeah, but I feel that's a band-aid solution rather than a real fix.

It would still be great if you can tap the B button for a long-range fireball and hold B for a fire stream.

If customs are implemented, they can make is so that Fire Shot disables the stream while Fire Roar disables the ball, but both customs have their current properties.
How about Fire Shot only happens in the air, and Fire Breath happens on the ground?

Quillion

Smash Hero
How about Fire Shot only happens in the air, and Fire Breath happens on the ground?
If you need a grounded projectile or some method or trapping the opponent into a highly damaging area in the air, I think it would be best if you can use both a ball or stream whenever.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Fireballs are a Great idea!
Now just Give him his grumpy Voice and i‘ll be satisfied

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
His taunts or opening animation HAS to have "SHOWTIME!" for me to be happy.

Also, I feel like his magic is being completely overlooked. Bowser has always been a mix of both a sorcerer and a tanky brute. I bet that in at least half of his fights, you'll see magic involved in some way. If you take the time to look at his powers and abilities, the guys is far more potent than most Mario games lead people to believe

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
His taunts or opening animation HAS to have "SHOWTIME!" for me to be happy.

Also, I feel like his magic is being completely overlooked. Bowser has always been a mix of both a sorcerer and a tanky brute. I bet that in at least half of his fights, you'll see magic involved in some way. If you take the time to look at his powers and abilities, the guys is far more potent than most Mario games lead people to believe
I don't remember any magic that he does himself. His size changing is always because of Kamek, or that one time ate that star in Galaxy 2.

Everything else is him spitting fire and causing shockwaves with his pure size and strength.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
He can teleport, manipulate gravity, shoot fireballs and meteors, can imbue his fist with dark magic and punch the ground to cause shockwaves, shapeshift into a ball of rock, summon another shell to roll around, has control of electricity... And most of this is literally JUST using the Galaxy series.

In the original, he turned the country's Toads to bricks as a notable plot point few remember. Also in that game is his motive for kidnapping Peach being that he needs to incapacitate her due to her magic weakening his or something like that.

He may not be all magic, but I'd still like to see some kind of nod towards his magical prowess.

Quillion

Smash Hero
What? He's always been more of a brute than a sorcerer. Even in SMB1, where the manual says he has dark magic, he doesn't use any of it and only breathes fire and throws hammers.

The Galaxy games are an anomaly, and by the Super 3D games and Odyssey, he's back to being a super-strong fire-breathing brute.

Even then, all his moves are occupied by things he did in his home series or things that can be extrapolated from such. He has all this signature moves: hiding in his shell, breathing fire, and his ground pound. Using magic would look out of place among his brutish moveset.

Speaking of hiding in his shell, does anyone else think that would be a better crouch for Bowser?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Bowser were to withdraw into his shell while crouching, that should potentially reduce the amount of active hurtboxes he has.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Bowser has used magic though. Magic is an important part of the Mario series. But I guess that's okay.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Pimp suit Bowser or riot
Ditto, or at least the Bowser design from Melee, in Sm4sh he looks really bad.

As for the hiding in shell thing, I have no idea why he doesn't have a similar shield to Yoshi. I also think his shell should block projectiles coming from behind when he's standing, a bit like Link. His defensive options are really overlooked for some reasons, while that should be its main trait.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078

As for the hiding in shell thing, I have no idea why he doesn't have a similar shield to Yoshi. I also think his shell should block projectiles coming from behind when he's standing, a bit like Link. His defensive options are really overlooked for some reasons, while that should be its main trait.
Yeah i agree. Super armor shell on Upsmash and partially Dair is pretty cool as well and i wish they hadn't decided to remove his shell based Nair and Bair as that would have been interesting to see with similiar traits.

Quillion

Smash Hero
What's wrong with 4 Bowser? I prefer primal stance Bowser because he feels so heavy and powerful, but I acknowledge that wrestler Bowser is closer to Mario's anthropomorphic portrayal that has become standard.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
What's wrong with 4 Bowser? I prefer primal stance Bowser because he feels so heavy and powerful, but I acknowledge that wrestler Bowser is closer to Mario's anthropomorphic portrayal that has become standard.
He looks so goofy. It really doesn't fit the character considering Melee and Brawl's models looks ferocious and stuff. Bowser in Melee for example looks more experienced, every movement looks powerful and carefully placed. In sm4sh he starts flailing his limbs and spinning around when you press A in mid-air.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
He looks so goofy. It really doesn't fit the character considering Melee and Brawl's models looks ferocious and stuff. Bowser in Melee for example looks more experienced, every movement looks powerful and carefully placed. In sm4sh he starts flailing his limbs and spinning around when you press A in mid-air.
I think he looks fine in 4, and they added a lot of small details to make him continue to feel intimidating, like adding that ground shaking sound effect when he walks. His nair is atrocious though, and I would like those roars to be more primal like before.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Is that his b-air or his f-smash?

Either way, I do like the former attack, but I would like the latter attack replaced with the BiS punch. Not because either looks goofy, but because the two moves look redundant (albeit, not as much as Sonic's two spindashes).

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So, I know a lot of people like Bowser as is, but I wanted to share my moveset ideas for him and see if anyone likes anything. There will be some unpopular changes, but outside of a few changes, I'm not strongly attached to much of it.

Before I start, I wanna mention how I see Bowser as a character. He's big, strong, and confident (maybe even over confident). He's simple in his ideas of how to attack, and likes to show off his power every chance he gets. In situations where he may be a little uncomfortable, he may do a slightly awkward attack or return to his shell, but for the most part he's throwing his weight around behind his horns and fists.

I never saw him as a pure grappler, and thought it would make sense as a hybrid turtling type of fighter. I want him to have the tools to camp, but not have to rely on it. I'd like him to be like a big Melee Falco in the way of being able to force an approach, while also having an amazing punish game, but susceptible to big punishes himself. I want him to be surprisingly fast moving, but terrible air speed, and recovery.

This is my idea of what Bowser should be. Now let's get specific

Special Attributes:
-Bowser can still crawl, but now has a "crawl dash" that's much faster as it imitates his Melee dash. It'll be 50% of his run speed.
-Bowser now has a light armor on his shell at all times. If he takes 5% or less at any time on his shell, he'll naturally parry the hit, but still take the damage.

Ground Attacks:

Jab- Bowser does a standard 1-2 punch. The first hit will be the same as his old jab, the second will be his current Ftilt. This is based on his SMRPG combo.

Dash Attack- Horn Bash. Bowser leads with his horn and slams into the opponent in a shoulder bash kind of way. I believe this is an important change.

Ftilt- Koopa Claw. Not the command grab, but a similar motion.

Utilt- Horn Swipe. Swipes his horn upward much like the start of a his grounded Bowser Bomb. It covers a surprising amount of area, good for edge-guarding

Dtilt- Swipe. Does the same swipe he always did, except he uses his claws again and not his fists.

FSmash- Dropkick. I like it. Bowsers throwing his weight around leading with his giant feet. Makes sense to me.

UpSmash- Shell Jump. Keeping the same attack, but tweaking it. No second hit, but a large, long-lasting hitbox that at it's apex delivers a powerful blow

DSmash- Bowser reaches out to both sides, grabs anything around him, and slams them together. If you're having a hard time seeing it, think about the motion of playing the symbol.
It's a 2 hit attack, or command grab, whichever works. The first hit would hit the opponent(s) towards the center of him. To keep it consistent there would be no knockback growth on the first hit. The second hit he'd slam the opponent(s) into either each other, or his fist, sending them flying the opposite direction. Original idea, which I really, really like, and think fits his character well.

Aerials:

Nair- The old one. He goes in his shell, and spins once or twice. Still the attack will get some changes.
-If it hits the opponent at the start it will be a very strong hit at a 45 degree angle regardless of where it hits
-If the lingering hitbox hits the opponent on the top of the shell it will send the opponent straight up
-If the lingering hitbox hits on the bottom or side will be a very weak hit

Fair- Still a claw forward, but doubles as a command grab. Let me explain.
-If hit at the very start of the swipe (directly above him), Bowser will grab the opponent and throw them directly downwards
-Because it's a command grab it will grab through shields
-It can also pull opponents through platforms
-The rest of the swipe is the same attack. Good range, good for spacing, covering about a half circle in front of him

Upair- The same. Horn swipe upwards.

Bair- Same. Dropkick backwards, although I wouldn't mind the old bair to return either

Dair- Elbow Drop. Bowser angles himself and sticks out his elbow
-Hitbox starts at arm
-At the start of the hit, it spikes
-Long lasting hitbox
-Among hitting the ground his entire body turns to a hitbox

Specials:

-Neutral Special- Flame Breath. Works like Charizard's, pushing the opponent away. Also has a burn effect that does damage for a couple extra seconds. If done in the air, it can cancel upon hitting the ground. Can still be angled.
If double tapped it changes to Flame Shot, which works just like a Hadouken

-Up Special- Whirling Fortress. Like Melee's version. Quick startup, one pretty strong hit, can be edge cancelled.

-Side Special- Terrorize. This is a new idea I'm trying out. Something I always noticed is before a battle with Bowser, he'll do a powerful roar and make his opponents freeze up or push them back, the idea being he's so intimidating it'll make whoever is facing him hesitate.
For this attack, Bowser will let a out a deafening roar that will make his opponent go into "shock". The shock is just an effect that cancels out whatever attack the opponent is doing at the time (with some little visual effect to help sell the idea the character was having second thoughts like 3 little squiggly lines popping up on each side or something). Good for punishing reckless approaches, as well as punishing high recoveries.

-The effect doesn't last long, but the end lag cancels on hit for Bowser
-If hit it also can take away the opponents double jump
-If it hits the opponent's shield, it locks Bowser in for the rest of the animation, so it shouldn't be used recklessly

Down Special- Bowser Bomb (revamped).
His current down b is called Bowser Bomb as well, but this attack maintains a similar idea while not being the same attack so I figured 'why change the name?'. I know BB is a canon attack from Super Mario Bros 3, so I'm replacing it with another canon attack from a more current game, Galaxy 2, where he slams his fist into the ground, sending shockwaves

-If done on ground, he'll punch the ground, popping the ground up directly around him for a powerful hit
-If done in the air it can be slightly charged. When charged, it will send Bowser, leading with his fist, plummeting towards the ground. When it hits, it will send a strong shockwave quickly across the stage. No charge, and he'll punch in place directly downwards, spiking the opponent on hit.
-If the charged aerial hits the opponent directly, it will have a similar knockback to the old Bowser Bomb
-Despite being powerful, the overturned ground, and shockwaves don't do much to shields

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm surprised a lot of people don't like the Flying Slam. I'm not too attached to the move either, but is there anything that Bowser can do in canon that would fit in the Side B slot?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll just mention that Smash 3DS / Wii U actually made the grounded Whirling Fortress better with its looping hitboxes. Back in Melee and Brawl, the grounded Whirling Fortress only dealt up to two hits, and if either of the hits get blocked, then Bowser is literally vulnerable to punishment; this results in Whirling Fortress being a very unsafe attack, despite having one of the shortest start-up periods in Bowser's moveset.

By making Whirling Fortress deal multiple hits, it's a safer attack to use, though it could use some additional improvements, such as how frequently the hitboxes rehit, and having the inclusion of heavy armor. And lastly, the final hit should not last for just one frame, since the looping hitboxes can potentially trip fighters with the 180 degree knockback angle; fighters receive brief intangibility upon tripping.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'll just mention that Smash 3DS / Wii U actually made the grounded Whirling Fortress better with its looping hitboxes. Back in Melee and Brawl, the grounded Whirling Fortress only dealt up to two hits, and if either of the hits get blocked, then Bowser is literally vulnerable to punishment; this results in Whirling Fortress being a very unsafe attack, despite having one of the shortest start-up periods in Bowser's moveset.

By making Whirling Fortress deal multiple hits, it's a safer attack to use, though it could use some additional improvements, such as how frequently the hitboxes rehit, and having the inclusion of heavy armor. And lastly, the final hit should not last for just one frame, since the looping hitboxes can potentially trip fighters with the 180 degree knockback angle; fighters receive brief intangibility upon tripping.
It's still a better attack in Melee. Slightly faster startup, the hitbox lasts a long time, and higher knockback, higher movement speed, and has the ability to ledge cancel. Bowser may be significantly better now, but that attack is for sure worse.

I'm surprised a lot of people don't like the Flying Slam. I'm not too attached to the move either, but is there anything that Bowser can do in canon that would fit in the Side B slot?
Flame Shot would be one. A lot of people want Koopa Claw back as well. I shared my idea. I've also seen suggestions for his ball and chain to turn up, or for one of his minions like Chain Chomp to show up.

Personally I just don't like Flying Slam. It's a ridiculous move, I really wanna know what the thought process was behind such a thing.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's still a better attack in Melee. Slightly faster startup, the hitbox lasts a long time, and higher knockback, higher movement speed, and has the ability to ledge cancel. Bowser may be significantly better now, but that attack is for sure worse.
Melee's Whirling Fortress is still not safe with it only hitting two times though. The looping hits are a blessing to have for an attack that lasts up to 84 frames, but like I said earlier, there is room for improvement. I'll mention some ways to improve Whirling Fortress further, starting with the script data...
Code:
Body_Collision(State=0x2)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=6)
Bit_Variable_Set(Variable=0x21000011)
Body_Collision(State=0x0)
Set_Armor(State=0x3, Threshold=5)
Extended_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=2, Angle=0xB4, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0x3C, BKB=0x0, Size=9, X=0, Y=9, Z=-5, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x1, SFXLevel=0x2, SFXType=0x8, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xD, X2=0, Y2=9, Z2=5)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=7)
unk_B89F681C(unknown=0x0, unknown=0x1)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=8)
unk_B89F681C(unknown=0x0, unknown=0x1)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Set_Loop(Iterations=8)
{
	Extended_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=1, Angle=0xB4, KBG=0x64, WBKB=0x3C, BKB=0x0, Size=9, X=0, Y=9, Z=-5, Effect=0x2, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x1, SFXLevel=0x1, SFXType=0x3, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xD, X2=0, Y2=9, Z2=5)
	Synchronous_Timer(Frames=4)
	Remove_All_Hitboxes()
	Goto(Unknown=-29)
}
Extended_Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x0, Damage=5, Angle=0x46, KBG=0x48, WBKB=0x0, BKB=0x78, Size=9, X=0, Y=9, Z=-5, Effect=0x2, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Rebound=0x0, ShieldDamage=0x5, SFXLevel=0x2, SFXType=0x3, Ground/Air=0x3, Direct/Indirect=0x1, Type=0xD, X2=0, Y2=9, Z2=5)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=4)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
unk_B89F681C(unknown=0x1, unknown=0x1)
Bit_Variable_Set(Variable=0x2100000D)
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=51)
Bit_Variable_Clear(Variable=0x21000011)
Set_Armor(State=0x0, Threshold=0)
Script_End()
As for the details...
  • Bowser receives a brief intangibility period to start the attack.
  • Beginning on frame 6, Bowser receives damage-based heavy armor, with a damage threshold of 5. The hitbox that activates on that frames deals 2% damage, and covers Bowser's body.
  • Frame 8 starts the looping hitbox, which deals 1% damage, and rehits every 4 frames. The looping hitbox hits up to 8 times.
  • The final hit begins on frame 40, dealing 5% damage, and offers high base knockback that gets fighters off of Bowser's face. The knockback growth is also rather decent, giving the attack some KO potential.
  • The heavy armor is turned off on frame 51.
  • The whole attack would deal up to 10 hits, adding up to 15% damage total.
  • As an additional improvement, Bowser won't rebound if the hitboxes clang, enabling him to get past weaker hitboxes (if they don't deal more than 5% damage), and still trap his target.
  • Each hit also offers a small shield damage bonus, putting extra shield pressure on those who try to block the hits.
  • If I were to guess, this adjustment would enable Whirling Fortress to KO Mario after his current damage goes over 150%, assuming that all 10 hits were to connect.
Now, Brawl Bowser's Whirling Fortress could KO Mario at 131% damage with the first hit while at Final Destination, but it's riskier knowing that if it gets blocked, Bowser will get punished real hard. While the Whirling Fortress changes above won't enable Bowser to make KOs as quickly as with Brawl Bowser's Whirling Fortress, the looping hits make it less risky to use.

On a side note, the Whirling Fortress adjustment above is based on my changes to Giga Bowser's Whirling Fortress, but the damage output is weaker, considering that Bowser is supposed to be less powerful than his mutated colossal counterpart.

Top Bottom