• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Rules The Competitive Discussion Forum **Read here before posting!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Welcome to the Smash Ultimate Competitive Discussion Subforum!
This room is dedicated to discussing and analyzing the competitive and metagame aspects of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, including tournament data and game mechanics. If you are looking for people to play with online, please visit the Online Subforum. If you're looking for personal advice and help on something not covered by the threads below, please use the General Discussion forum (or the General Q&A thread!).

If you’re wondering where a good place to start discussion is, please look at the Competitive Character Impressions thread and it’s rules. There’s a few additional threads present amongst the stickies as well:
Discussions in this subforum are expected to carry a higher-grade post quality compared to the rest of the site. Posts should be relevant in terms of contribution and threads should be presented with a clear purpose and solid introduction. Basic questions should not be asked in singular threads and should be placed into the Q&A thread. Jokes and derailment will be considered spam and infracted accordingly.

We welcome all to read, but not always to post. This shouldn’t mean you should feel afraid to post, as observations are often extremely helpful from many viewpoints and backgrounds. If you would like to contribute with a more major thread such as advanced techniques or mechanics rundowns, please let us know; we appreciate it!

Most notably, this subforum is a Curated Forum; see this page for details.

We also have an Archived Threads subforum (you can currently see it above the main directory for this subforum), which will house important and long-term relevant threads that may not have or warrant discussing. If you feel that threads should be moved there, or that other threads from outside this forum should be placed in here, let us know (namely things like mechanical explanations and frame data).

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
These will be added onto over time.

“Where can I find tournaments in my area?”
Please use the Regional Zones subforum to find resources for events in your area. Alternatively, r/smashbros has a Regional Facebook group database, and smash.gg allows you to look for tournaments by area.​
“I have a question, but I'm not sure if it fits within the Mechanics & Techniques thread. Where should I go?”
This subforum has a redirect in the main stickies to our general Q&A Thread on the General Discussion subforum for Ultimate.​

“I feel like there should be a major stickied thread about X, but it isn’t here. What should I do?”
Contact Thinkaman Thinkaman and Gunla Gunla and we’d be more than happy to see if we can work something out with you.​

“I want to discuss and look for online matches, is this the place to do so?”
Please use the Online Subforum to find matches and players to fight against.​

“When should we expect official tier lists?”
There is currently no timetable for Tier Lists. When we feel it is aptly time for one, it will be done.​
“Where do I go to talk about tournaments?”
Please use the Competitive Character Impressions thread for tournament discussion, or for majors, their individual threads.​
“Where can I find information on the most recent patch?"
The most recent patch and our patch notes for it will be displayed as a sticky on the front page of the forum.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom