• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chicken on Fire! Blaziken for Smash!

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
Hey there, and welcome to the support thread for Blaziken!

Welcome to the Blaziken support thread!

"in battle, Blaziken blows out intense flames from its wrists and attacks the foe courageously. The stronger the foes, the more intensely this Pokémon's wrists burn."
Pokédex entry from Pokémon Ruby

Now, I know your going to ask some questions, like

Why Blaziken?
Because it's school break and I have nothing else to do, and he wasn't taken so I went for him before anyone else did.

How will he fight?
Im thinking a mid-heavy weight character that is somewhat slow, but has a lot of aerial mobility. His main focus will be a brawler type character that can deal some heavy damage, yet light damage too. And i'm too lazy to think of anything else to say.

Who is Blaziken anyway?
Blaziken is a Fire/Fighting type Pokémon, and has a variety of moves to choose from. I can't really give any backstory on him since he's far from being a main character, but in the anime, he was originally May's first Pokémon, which then he was a Torchick. Later on, he evolved into Combusken, and then Blaziken. He was also in the XY season of the anime as the protecter of a city. He is in all the games from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, to all present games.

Why should I support a chicken on fire?
Easy. Because he's a chicken on fire that appears in most of the games, and was a main characters starter Pokémon, and he was in like in half the seasons in the anime, And he's a reoccurring character in games, anime, and manga, AND because he was a trophy in Brawl, and Smash 4, as well as making a cameo in the Kalos Pokémon League stage. AND his trophy in Smash 4 said this: "Blaziken would be the perfect star for an intense, action-packed movie. Its fiery fists pack a serious punch, and it has no problem leaping over 30-story buildings. We'd save so much on the special effects! All we need is a good name... How about Fired Up? Better yet, Fired Up 3! That way it sounds like it's already a popular series!"
Have I convinced you now?

Now that about raps up the questions, and if you got more, please ask me in the form of a comment or conversation.

Now for the spanking hot moveset!

All of these moves are from when Blaziken levels up, or from the games.
Special Attacks

Neutral B: Heat Wave
Heat Wave is like Jigglypuff's sing, but it is 3x the radius of sing, and lasts for 3 seconds. If you get caught in the Heat Wave, you will experience what I like to call "chain damage". "Chain damage" is when a character gets damaged repeatedly really fast, an example of this is when someone gets hit by Mewtwos Disable. The overall damage of the heatwave if you get stuck in it, is 20 in total. Once, you get stuck in it, you can't get out, and the attack has no knockback. Once Heatwave is done, Blaziken will be helpless for 1 second, and helpless forever if hes using it in the air. If he is using it in the air, his gravity will be cut by 2 thirds and will have the same effects.

Side B: Flame Charge
Blaziken can charge his attack for a maximum of 3 seconds to unleash a fiery attack, similar to Flare Blitz. You can also angle it up to 45°. When you are in Flame Charge, you can stop it by pressing B again, and once you do, Blaziken will punch in the direction he's facing(Up = punching up, and down = spike). The punch itself does 10%, but if you charge the Flame Charge for 1 second, it will deal 5% if you get hit with it. If you charge it for 2 seconds, it will deal 10%, and if you charge it for 3 seconds, it will deal 15%. It also has a drill affect, meaning if someone gets caught in the Flame Charge, it will carry them until it stops(lasts for 1.5 seconds and goes at the speed of Charizards Up-B) or until you punch. Once it stops, it will not leave Blaziken helpless, but if you punch during Flame Charge, it will leave you helpless.

Down B: Double Kick

You can press Double Kick two times to make your foes never wish they picked up this game. Theres 2 types of Double Kick, aerial and ground. Lets start off with the ground-type(get it? Ground-Type? Pokémon?). On the ground your first kick does 5% with poor knockback, and your second kick does 15% with good knockback. You can cancel your second kick by not pressing B again, as you activate your second kick by pressing B again. The attack goes 1.5x farther then Little Mac's forward smash. Now for the aerial type. If your in the air while doing Double Kick, your first kick will deal 5% and footstool if you are in contact with the enemy. Your second kick will deal 15% and spike if the enemy is at 80%, because thats just too overpowered. Once again, you can cancel your second kick, just for the disrespect.

Up B: Sky Uppercut
This attack consists of 5 attacks. I feel like i'm running out of ideas. Each attack does 3%, and has poor knockback. On the ground, you go as far as Ganondorf's Down-B on the ground. In the air, you can angle it up to 25° and once you finished your 5 attacks, you become helpless.

Tilt Attacks

F-Tilt
Blaziken swings his leg at the enemy. Does 8%.

U-Tilt
Blaziken slashes his claws in the air. Does 8%.

D-Tilt
Blaziken sweeps the ground with his leg. Does 10%.

Smash Attacks

F-Smash
Blaziken sets his leg on fire and unleashes a devastating kick. At no charge, it does 12%. at half charge, it does 18%. At full charge, it does 24%.

D-Smash
Blaziken sets his legs on fire and does a 10 out of 10 splits. At no charge, it does 10%. At half charge, it does 15%, and at full charge, it does 20%.

U-Smash
Blaziken again sets his leg on fire and does a bicycle kick, but this time only on fire. At no charge, does 15%, at half charge, does 20%, and at full charge does 25% with very good knockback.

Aerial Attacks

F-Air
Blaziken swipes his claws at the enemy. Hits 2 times and each hit does 7%.

B-Air
Blaziken thrusts his leg into the air, so powerful, that maybe even he can best Jigglypuff. Does 18% with good knockback, but has 0.5 seconds of lag.

D-Air
Blaziken quickly sets ablaze his legs to unleash a destructive kick, but with both legs. Requires 1 second to charge and does 20% with good knockback.

U-Air
Blaziken uses his claws once again to slash the opponent into the air. Hits 2 times and each hit does 8%, and has poor knockback.

N-air
Blaziken does a mid-air splits while doing a summersault, WHILE his legs are on fire. This guy should be a gymnast. Lasts for 2.4 seconds and has a drill effect, meaning that they get caught in the fire. Hits 8 times and each hit does 2%.

Other Attacks / Throws

Dash Attack

Blaziken runs at the opponent, only then to whip out his knee on fire, knocking the opponent back. Does 10%.

Jab Attack
Blaziken hits the enemy with his claws, then hits them with a knee. Jab 1 and 2 are claws, and they each do 3%, while Jab 3, or the knee, does 6%, overall it does 12%. The claws have poor knockback, but the knee has o.k knockback.

Get-Up Attack (Ledge)
Blaziken gets up from the ledge and sweeps the area. Does 8%.

Get-Up Attack (Ground)

Blaziken does a sick breakdance move, spinning his legs while on his head. Does 10%.

Grab / Pummel
Blaziken grabs the opponent with his claws and knees them in the face(Lucky for them, it's not on fire.). Each pummel has a 66.66% chance to do 2%(damage), and a 33.33% chance to do 3%.

U-Throw
Blaziken slightly throws the opponent in the air, then drop kicks him. Ouch. Does 12%.

D-Throw
Blaziken puts his enemy onto the ground, only then to SLAM his foot on fire onto the enemy. Ouch again. Does 13%

B-Throw
Blaziken throws his opponent behind him and does a sick donkey kick. Triple Ouch. Does 11%

F-Throw
Blaziken heats up his hand(claws, fingers, I don't know) and puts it on the opponents face, only to explode in the opponents face. QU-QU-QUADRUPLE, OUCH! Does 14% and has good knockback.

Well I think that raps it up.
BUT, you could always support! Tag me, make a conversation, or tell me in the comments that you want to support Blaziken!
GoldenYuiitusin
Diddy Kong
Aussie The Shinobi
PF9

Strider_123
None yet
Or maybe you could make some costumes for Blaziken! Or make a fan-fiction! Or start a flame war! The possibilities are endless to support Blaziken.

If you want to make your own
moveset, or custom specials, or make whatever, please contact me(in the form of conversations) and type / tell / upload what you want me add, and I might will, as well as mentioning you in the Special Thanks spoilers.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and have a neat time.

(also if your wondering why I chose the colours for the text, it reflects of Blazikens colours, excluding the final part of the thread.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though the chances are pretty much nil at this point in time and Swampert is my favorite of the three Hoenn Starters, Blaziken is a Pokémon I would love to see in Smash and is my Pokken main.

Blaziken is one of those notable post Gen 1 Pokémon that pretty much got the short end of the stick when it came to Smash, unfortunately. But one thing's for sure: Blaziken is Amaziken.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo, I actually always wanted this. Any of the Hoenn starters would be amazing, and my favorite was always between Blaziken and Sceptile, so... Yeah, count me in! Totally! Blaziken is a natural fit for Smash, and I secretly wanted him in ever since Brawl or something.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Give me some of that spicy flavored Blaziken for Smash.

KFC's got nothing on him.

PF9

Smash Lord
Ash has a couple representatives already (Pikachu, Charizard, and if he returns Greninja), so let's give May one too.

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
Time to revive the thread. I really hope Blaziken makes it in! Thanks for the support guys!

Last edited:

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Blaziken is my favorite pokemon. I'm a fire rooster zodiac :D

PF9

Smash Lord
If Blaziken were to make it in, its congratulations screens should be anime screenshots of May and her Blaziken. This so that we'd be playing as her Blaziken, not just any old Blaziken. Its move set should also draw from moves her Blaziken has used.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
I support Blaziken as a replacement to Charizard for the glorious return of the Pokemon Trainer and his crew.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
My most wanted Pokémon (along with Raichu and Meowth), I remember reading that Blaziken’s trophy was in between the other pokemon and cut Pokémon characters, so perhaps he was considered but cut?

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I'm really good at training Fire-type Pokemon. So, Blaziken is definitely somwhere in my Top 10.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
As weird as it might sound, I think Blaziken would actually make a pretty good echo/clone of Captain Falcon. Raptor Boost is Sky Uppercut, Falcon Kick is Blaze Kick, Falcon Punch is Fire Punch, and you could make a case for Falcon's up B to be Close Combat. The Falcon Knee even resembles Blaziken's original pose in its art.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Blaziken would be badass. right now him and gengar are my most wanted Pokemon. smash has yet to have a gen 3 Pokemon so do what better Pokemon than blaziken? he was made for fighting

Last edited:

timrtabor123

Smash Rookie
The fact that GameFreak appears to limit Sakurai to the latest gen (Pokemon Trainer looks like it was a special case due to the fact FRLG were likely new during the design doc phase of Brawl but that is just speculation on my part) is so disappointing since it leads to dated picks like Jigglypuff and Pichu years down the line. Would've loved a gen 2/3/5 rep that stood the test of time in Wii U/ 3DS instead of the rather meh gen 6 Pokemon.

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
At this point, Blaziken as a falcon echo is one of my most wanted that isn't already in the game
Here's to hoping

KMDP

Smash Legend
Made an up-to-date Support List for Blaziken
  1. hAKLE hAKLE
  2. GoldenYuiitusin
  3. Diddy Kong
  4. Aussie the Naturist
  5. PF9
  6. Strider_123
  7. Wonks
  8. ErenJager
  9. Dixie Kong
  10. SEGAGameBoy
  11. Gengar84
  12. Sirfishe
  13. timrtabor123
  14. Bootortle
  15. slambros

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
Blaziken has been my most wanted newcomer since before Brawl. It would be glorious beyond words if he were a playable character in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Please add me to the Support List!

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Add me to the support list! I'd LOVE to see him as a Falcon echo. Just make Blaziken faster in the air, slower on the ground, and a bit floatier and he's all set! He's my favorite Pokemon and I would love the chance to play as him!

edit: I made a non-echo fighter moveset a few years back in case anyone here wants to check it out: https://smashboards.com/threads/speed-boost-has-potential-blaziken-for-sm4sh.391892/

Last edited:

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd like Blaziken to be a unique newcomer, although I see how he could work as a Captain Falcon echo. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released just a couple months before the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot. Perhaps (hopefully) Blaziken got more votes than people realize?

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
This is something I've always wanted, but couldn't think of how it would work beyond copying Shoryuken and Falcon Kick.

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
There is a good chance that a Pokemon newcomer will be announced in the upcoming Nintendo Direct. This could be Blaziken's time to shine! I think it really comes down to whether Sakurai decided to add a Pokemon from the latest generation or one from the ballot. Among Pokemon on the fighter ballot, I think that Blaziken is one of the top contenders (if not THE top contender). Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released just months before the fighter ballot took place, so generation 3 Pokemon were particularly prominent at the time. Among gen 3 Pokemon Blaziken really stands out as the best pick imo (although he does have some competition from the likes of Gardevoir, Sceptile, and Deoxys). I am a bit concerned, however, that Game Freak/The Pokemon Company may have encouraged Sakurai to add a gen 7 Pokemon instead to promote the latest generation.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Add me to the support list. Blaziken is my all time favorite starter Pokemon, and I had a crazy dream the other day where a blue Blaziken got announced for Smash.

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
Does anyone else trade over a Torchic at the start of each new Pokemon game? Pokemon wouldn't be the same without a Blaziken on my team. :)

GoHarryGo

Smash Rookie
I feel like Blaziken has always been the Gen 3 rep that we've needed for so long. Ultimate or DLC should be it's time to shine. Part of me hopes that Vergeben (yes, I am a believer) mistook Incineroar for Blaziken or something? That's a dumb thing to say, I know. But Sakurai must know Gen 3 is what people want? Blaziken is the face of Pokken Tournament, so you never know!

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Well, Blaziken was at least featured prominently in Pokken Tournament. He was shown alongside Lucario in the very first teaser!
Actually had a thought that relates to this, though it's perhaps heresy here. While others think (and I generally agree) that a Blaziken echo would best be served by Falcon, following the apparent "echos come from the same franchise" rule leaves me to think Blaziken could be a good frankensteined echo of Lucario and Charizard.

Aura becomes Blaze, Lucario Up-B becomes Sky Uppercut, map Lucario's Side-B to a new Neutral-B with flame effects, Charizard's Side-B becomes High Jump Kick/Brave Bird, and his old Down-B (I will miss it) becomes Brick Break. Then, get this pipe dream — an Infernape skin. Ridiculous, but it has Ultimate written all over it, IMO.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Blaziken was something I wanted for brawl and smash 4. Id love to see it in ultimate, It is still one of my favorite Pokémon. However, at this point I don’t see it as very likely. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.

Top Bottom