• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chibi-Robo for SSB4 Thread!! A little guy with BIG Potential!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo​
For Super Smash Bros. 4!​

Origin:
From GiantBomb:
"The original Chibi-Robo concept began being worked on in 2003 by developer skip Ltd. and Bandai as the planned publisher, although both entities eventually dropped the project after two years."

When Chibi-Robo (the character) was introduced to Shigeru Miyamoto, he took initiative to revitalize the, at-the-time cancelled project, and Nintendo then breathed life into the games. Thus Chibi-Robo was born!

Reasoning:
Chibi-Robo, is a small little character, with a HUGE GOLDMINE of potential moves. There are so many tools that he uses that can be utilized for him.

Also, his small stature and size can contribute to yet another unique character to the SSB4 roster! He's likeable, but OVERWHELMINGLY overlooked in people's rosters.

--

Smash Bros Essentials:

Franchise Logo:

OR

--

Potential Moveset:

STANDARD:
Action | Moveset
Neutral ( A ) | Jab - Jab - Kick
Forward Tilt (A+Tilt) | Push (Both Arms Thrust)
Up Tilt (A+Tilt Up) | Swings Cable overhead
Down Tilt (A+Tilt Down) | Spins on ground, Cable Swings around
Dash Attack (Dash+A Forward) | Headbutt

SPECIALS:
Action | Moveset
Special ( B ) | Chibi-Blaster (Hold for Charged Shot)
Side Special (B+Tilt) | Randomizes Between:
--Toothbrush | Scrubs Ground, Hits on contact --Spoon | Digs Hole, Leaves "Pitfall" --Squirter | Shoots Water, Leaves slippery puddle
Special Up (B+Tilt Up) | Chibi-Copter (Recovery)
Special Down (B+Tilt Down) | Brings out Cup, Used for Shield

FINAL SMASH:
Drake Redcrest Chibi-Robo! | Luigi-Style Force-Field, slows down players.Chibi gets 200% more power.

OTHER:
Action | Moveset
Grab | Chibi grabs opponent with both hands, lifts up
Front Throw | Toss forward (Take out the Trash!)
Back Throw | Suplex, with a jolt from plug
Up Throw | Lobs upwards and hits player with "No" Sign
Down Throw | Lobs opponent into his head, Kirby-Style walking and time inside
Ledge Attack | Flips over, Hits with Cable
Floor Attack (face-up) | Spins around and Hits with Cable
Floor Attack (face-down) | G ll, Cable swings over

SIZE:

Credit To Oasis for the Image, for comparative reasons :)

[COLLAPSE="Version 1 For Comparison:"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I want him to be the smallest character, and speedy. I think that would be perfect and can contribute to balance! He can easily avoid punches from tall characters, and is light.

His damage is relatively weak, but he makes up for it by not being able to take hits without other characters crouching.
About half the size of Mario.

MUSIC:

Funkmaster Flower
Drake Redcrest Theme (English)

VICTORY THEME

--

FOR FUN:
Kirby Hat:

OVERALL:

I joined this forum, because this is one of my most wanted for the next Smash Bros! He is, I think, the perfect addition that has yet to be recognized! I recently discovered it was a former "Bandai" project. Maybe that'll help?

Let me know what you guys think :) Suggestions would be amazing!

I'd also politely ask to please consider him in your future rosters :D Thank you!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just wondering, as I am unfamiliar with the series, other than he has a flying TV friend. That being said, can you clarify what the specials do by any chance?

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I already got him right next to rob ;/

But in the game doesn't he have to charge himself in outlets? would you incorporate that some how?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I already got him right next to rob ;/

But in the game doesn't he have to charge himself in outlets? would you incorporate that some how?

Well, the strength of his attacks could be determined by his charge level, and he charges with Down B. The longer you go without charging the weaker you are. But you deal lots of damage with a full charge

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I like what PsychoIncarnate said!

A special, like Down B, could be that he plugs into an outlet that appears on the ground. His attacks grow on strength, as he is filled up! In the game, when he becomes super chibi robo, he no longer needs to charge, so that can apply as well :) although, I like charging since it IS a key part of the franchise.

And Opossum, in the game he defeats these enemies called "Spydors". When he obtains his Chibi Blaster (plama gun) he can attack them directly :)

The tooth brush he uses to clean stains, a crucial part of the game. He also uses a mug as a shield (if a player decides not to attack spydors, he can use the mug to avoid them).

As for the Chibi-Copter, he uses this to glide down from high ledges such as dressers :) in the game, it doesn't lift him though, only "parchutes".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But for example, how would the toothbrush translate to Smash? Perhaps he scrubs the ground in front of him, increasing the probability of the foe tripping and taking damage on that section of the stage?

Just an idea.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I feel like changing his side smash, to an alternating variety of tools that he uses.

Switches between:
Toothbrush: Brushes ground, hits on contact. Simple.. (:

Squirter: Either shoots water, or blows air(empty). Water leaves a puddle that trips players, empty blows air that blows players back a bit.

Radar: Electrocutes anyone who contacts chibi while he uses this.

Those are three that I can think of :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm actually kind of Secretly hoping Chibi-Robo turns out to be a nice surprise character. He better AT LEAST be an Assist Trophy, or maybe cameo on a stage from his series.

Also: Alt costume.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually kind of Secretly hoping Chibi-Robo turns out to be a nice surprise character. He better AT LEAST be an Assist Trophy, or maybe cameo on a stage from his series.

Also: Alt costume.
I LOVE that alt. costume. Haha I'll probably edit it into the first post under "Alt. Costume Ideas"! c:

He is so underestimated! He's a Nintendo IP waiting to be put to good use! I hope he IS that nice surprise character! I'll dig up trophy info on him later :) also add some size comparison!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 1.1:

Added a Comparison chart :) Relativity of size to other characters.

Small, light, and very speedy, but because of his size he is able to avoid any punches/kicks/projectiles which can easily just go over his head!

Possibly one hitbox only? (Other/Tall Characters Leg Hit box?)'

What do you guys think?

(Credit to Oasis from his Ridley support thread found here. )

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh my goodness I love that image... HEIGHT CHARTS ARE MY ONE TRUE LOVE.

I think that might be too small though. I mean, he's even tinier than Olimar there, and that's saying something.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Oh my goodness I love that image... HEIGHT CHARTS ARE MY ONE TRUE LOVE.

I think that might be too small though. I mean, he's even tinier than Olimar there, and that's saying something.
That size could to add to Chibi's essessence! :)

I have been playing around with size, what do you think?
Maybe a little bit under squirtle's height?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
INDEED, but there's a limit to how small or big a character can be. Squirtle and Olimar are pretty much the same size, and they're the smallest characters. I would say they are the best bearing we have on how small a character could be.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
INDEED, but there's a limit to how small or big a character can be. Squirtle and Olimar are pretty much the same size, and they're the smallest characters. I would say they are the best bearing we have on how small a character could be.

[COLLAPSE="Version 1 For Comparison:"]
[/COLLAPSE]

How about this? :) Changed to be the size of Squirtle.

Even though, his size is increased in Version 2, I think his small frame can give the illusion of him being smaller still!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
For those unfamiliar with Chibi-robo, it is a game where you play a sorta house-maid robot who happens to be only a couple of inches tall. For size comparison see Pikmin. Anyway due to his stature he uses ordinary household objects like a toothbrush as a broom or a drawstring as a climbing rope. He is by no means a fighter and is very fragile and slow. However neither is Olimar or jigglypuff and seeing the lovable robot join the brawl would make for a great comical character. Implimenting tiny objects into his moveset would be awesome as his fists are practically useless. I should however mention that he does have an arm cannon as his sole weapon. He also has the ability to hover via a small copter that comes out of his head. Other items in his arsenal include a spoon, a teacup, and a water squirter. Movement and actions take a toll on his battery life so maybe he does damage to himself like pichu? Also he has a variety of costumes that would make for great taunts. His head opens up like a trashcan and can hold a large amount of Items and it would be funny to see him gulp up other characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not a fighter? He saved his family from evil robots.

But who cares about that. The task of cleaning the house every day, ensuring that the only thing that shines brighter than the floors are the smiles of its owners is a task not for the faint of heart. Truly, it is left only to the Strongest of maids. Dust bunnies are the enemy of happiness, and only the warrior spirit of a maid can take them out.

OH AND YEAH, that size is pretty good.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
.... His head opens up like a trashcan and can hold a large amount of Items and it would be funny to see him gulp up other characters.
THAT REMINDS ME. That's right! Chibi could totally have a move where he takes a random piece of trash from his Cranium, and can throw it around. (Similar to Peach's Radishes)

Paper Ball/Candy Wrapper= Common/Weak
Cookie Pieces= Uncommon/Moderate
Candy Box= Rare/Strong

Thanks for reminding me :)

Not a fighter? He saved his family from evil robots.

But who cares about that. The task of cleaning the house every day, ensuring that the only thing that shines brighter than the floors are the smiles of its owners is a task not for the faint of heart. Truly, it is left only to the Strongest of maids. Dust bunnies are the enemy of happiness, and only the warrior spirit of a maid can take them out.

OH AND YEAH, that size is pretty good.
*Nod* Yes, the heart of a warrior that is ALSO Egg Military Trained. :bee:

Oh and Good! I'll be sure to edit the first post then :)

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I like the Idea of having to charge him up and the hgher his charge the stronger he is.
Also throwing candy wrappers and paper wads would be wicked.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
We seem to be primarily focused on the GC game. Are there any features originating from the DS version game? I never played that one. Also didnt the idea for stickers in smash bros. originate from Chibi-Robo or am I just totally off?

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I like the Idea of having to charge him up and the hgher his charge the stronger he is.
Also throwing candy wrappers and paper wads would be wicked.
I like that idea too! Even if it's just a quick charge to power up moves, instead of a necessity.

We seem to be primarily focused on the GC game. Are there any features originating from the DS version game? I never played that one. Also didnt the idea for stickers in smash bros. originate from Chibi-Robo or am I just totally off?
My sister is telling me Park Patrol had a "boom box". I just remembered the spoon too! (Dig a hole, like a pitfall?)

I think you might be right. Chibi-Robo DID have stickers! Whether or not Sakurai got inspiration from that is to be determined :o

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Having recently played this game, I can see the potential in this character. I don't think he has either the demand or the Sakurai appeal, however, to make the cut. It would be a nice addition though.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Having recently played this game, I can see the potential in this character. I don't think he has either the demand or the Sakurai appeal, however, to make the cut. It would be a nice addition though.
The demand isn't quite as there as it would be nice to have :\ (but that's what the support thread is for!)

However, if Sakurai (and I'm hoping) knows about his existence and the fact that his games have made it out of Japan, has great Japanese demand, and considers it; I think he has a pretty grand chance :) haha

Who knows, he might be that character nobody was expecting!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Just felt like I should mention that
BANDAI originally held the rights to the Chibi Robo Games
They're mentioned in the thanks section of the credits.
Yeah it was already stated in the first post but no one seems to be acknowledging it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
"Chibi-Robo, I love that guy." - Dr. J. Zoidberg

I'm not sure he'd ever be a Main Smasher but I LOVE IT if he was.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
BANDAI originally held the rights to the Chibi Robo Games
..... Yeah it was already stated in the first post but no one seems to be acknowledging it.
That's what I think helps his chance. Someone from Bandai who worked on the project MUST be like "Hey! What about Chibi-Robo? You know, the game/franchise we couldn't develop so we gave it to you guys?"

"Chibi-Robo, I love that guy." - Dr. J. Zoidberg

I'm not sure he'd ever be a Main Smasher but I LOVE IT if he was.
He seems to be one of those characters, no one expects, but everyone wouldn't mind if he showed up :)

Dr. Eggman: You know what they say, the more the merrier!
Oh god, I played that game. hahah But yes. I have to agree with him on that one :)

Just posting in case anyone is interested in the god awful Chibi Robo animated series

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZfDA0ClBg
How did I not know this existed? Too bad we can't learn anything new from this. (except maybe origin story). They seem to be using .gif'd versions of the actualy model animations from the game. haha

It was kind funny though :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I think that the chibi-copter should be used as a method of falling slowly by holding down the jump button, rather than a recovery. As that's its purpose in the game and it was never used for vertical flight.
Now that I say it though it sounds just like Peach's umbrella.
I take it back the Chibi Copter is the perfect Up-B. (The only other thing I could think of was a tether recovery with the plug)

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute?

Throwing trash out of his head?(flipping dogs out of a frying pan)
Using he's plug to absorb energy attacks?(the barrel of waist)
Spinging into the air and gently coptering back down?(firemen then parachute)

What if chibi robo replaced G&W?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait a minute?

I would be pissed. both Chibi-Robo and Mr. Game & Watch are unique characters, which is what Smash is about: pitting different Nintendo characters against each other. don't even compare the two characters, they are completely different. I would see him appear, I think he is an interesting character.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute?

Replace? No, I LOVE Mr. Game and Watch :p

Clone? Nah, Chibi-Robo's movement would be a BIT too choppy haha

Have them both in?

I agree with this :) the similarities are pretty cool, but I think other players might get fed up with giant trash being thrown out of Chibi's head at the same rate of G&W's hot dogs hahah

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's great! :D

You should add him to your roster then! He'll need all the support he can get haha
im still new to this forum im not 100% sure what you mean

do you mean something that goes in our signatures or just a fan made roster in general?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist

do you mean something that goes in our signatures or just a fan made roster in general?
I believe he was referring to the roster creator that lies somewhere on this site, but I have a cool chibi robo thing in my signature too...

...man I wonder if he's ever gonna come back and read this...

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman

It could be for you signatures, or roster which you can post in this thread and edit&update it as much as you'd like:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324220

These will set you up, to help make your roster for that thread:

Oasis's Character Roster Image Database: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317568

Roster Maker 3.0: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445

Have fun with it! :]
Chibi-robo is so cute, I want him in Smash 4 now!
:joyful:
Yes! and Same here! c:

I believe he was referring to the roster creator that lies somewhere on this site, but I have a cool chibi robo thing in my signature too...

...man I wonder if he's ever gonna come back and read this...
I'm not gone! :) Just... strategically... posting in this thread... :lol:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It could be for you signatures, or roster which you can post in this thread and edit&update it as much as you'd like:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324220

These will set you up, to help make your roster for that thread:

Oasis's Character Roster Image Database: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317568

Roster Maker 3.0: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320445
i've all ready got a fan made roster of my own (with chibi in it obviously) so i'll see about uploading it

Top Bottom