• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Chat Waker - Toon Link social

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
You're right, but it just feels so satisfying for tink to be acknowledged as a high tier character instead of just "another mid tier", because our short lack of results after the events of last month.
Fortunately we have Zan, and the Japanese Toon Link who made Top 8 I think at the Tourney that KEN won

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The voters weren't gonna be swayed too much by the results of a single tournament. Toon has been placing consistently high at large tournaments for a while now. I think we got his place fairly close to accurate.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Obviously I can't speak for others other than to say that I didn't see anything that would imply that other people were inordinately influenced by evo. I personally took note of it obviously, but in the end, insofar as Toon is concerned, I placed him exactly where the official list did, at 17th.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive while you're here, it's not exactly Toon Link, but just wondering what your thoughts are about LInk's placement?

If you can't talk about it that's fine, but just curious on your thoughts like do you think he is too low or what not on the tire list? (i personally think he is too low)

:135:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Hey Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive while you're here, it's not exactly Toon Link, but just wondering what your thoughts are about LInk's placement?

If you can't talk about it that's fine, but just curious on your thoughts like do you think he is too low or what not on the tire list? (i personally think he is too low)

You should tag him in the Link forums instead. Link is irrelevant here. Not trying to be rude, just how the site works

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

He's way too low..

Clintendo64

Smash Rookie
I am constantly annoyed my having to drop a bomb to tether to a ledge, but I found out that if you dodge then grab, the bomb doesn't drop. This could be important in punishing a ledge guarder or good to know you you know not to dodge then try drop a bomb to ledge guard yourself. In either scenario, I want to open this to combos or moves that are able to work in these scenarios!

MajoraLink100

Smash Rookie
NNID
MajoraLink100
3DS FC
3067-9189-8130
Username: MajoraLink100
Main: :4tlink:
Secondaries: :4fox: :4kirby: :4myfriends:(kinda?)
Favorite Toon Link costume: The one based off of Zelda 1 Link
Dislikes: Heights
Other things: Some of my favorite LOZ games are MM (not 3ds remake), OOT, and Zelda 2

Last edited:

LotadAlittle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BillyWhizz
WE HIGH TIER NOW??!?!
... Why now in particular? I would've expected this kinda comment maybe when hyuga 2-0'd nairo or sth, but I don't know of anything like that happening recently. Did I miss sth?

edit: I just got back from holiday today, and didn't check the date on that... and I also completely forgot that the new 4br tier list came out lel.

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Yo. What's the haps, everyone?
I felt like I'd share this video I made for the heck of it; Enjoy playing TL; I always have, and I had used him quite a bit back in Brawl (eventually becoming my pocket character), but for some reason, never really felt him much in SSB4. It's nothing too serious. . . This video, really; Just a small, fun excerpt of clips from the 45 minute long or so lab session I had, edited into a video. And I do have to say, overall, TL still feels pretty great in my opinion. . . The lack of SH double arrows now is a downer, though. Ha ha.

* Note: I concluded to not to post this in the TL video thread, because I had figured it not being something like a combo video and / or match content, it'd be more appropriately placed here for now, at least until I decide to upload some of my 1 vs. 1's to the video thread, perhaps in the near'ish future.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Rather than pulling ppl in, TL's grab should pull him towards the opponent, just like when you pull yourself towards objects in the games. It'd be a nice touch to the character.

Or, it could even be sorta weight-based;
Character like Jigglypuff would be pullen in, while guys like Bowser would instead let TL pull himself towards them.

(>´u´)>

Smash Cadet
A little random but..

If the 3ds has the spirit tracks stage and zelda can use a phantom from spirit tracks, then why isn't there a engineers outfit for an alt. Toon link? I for one would like that.

Deathcardinal

Smash Rookie
Good to meet you guys, allow me to introduce myself:
Username: Deathcardinal (but my tag at the local weekly smash tournament is Comet)
Main: Toon link
Likes: Cycling and fitness, all types of games, literature(favorite book is Taran Wanderer), and ice cream
Dislikes: Chewing gum, warm weather, formal attire
Misc. Details: I've been playing Smash competitively for about a month and I'm losing pretty badly. I'm also an Eagle Scout. I'm in business school.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I'm asking for two reasons
1 theoretically better wifi connection while trying to learn the ditto

2 looking for someone who knows the character and how to use the character effectively against other skilled players in the state and maybe has experience vs someone like Crazycolorz using tink

D

Deleted member

Ever thought it's odd how Pokemon games are stubbornly on handhelds? Or that pikachu was picked as the Pokemon mascot over something like the starters, or a gimmicky one like eevee? It was a pretty weird decision when Pokemon Go decided to replace the three step tracker with a pokestop tracker.
Handheld games are great for playing at a pizza place while waiting for your pizza. Pokemon Go ditched its tracker and almost all of its player base so it could show you the pokemon at places significant enough to be a pokestop, like that pizza place down the street. Pizza is mostly yellow... Just like pikachu. Pikachu also has red circular cheeks just like tomatoes, black round eyes like olives, and brown stripes on its back just like pizza crust. The stripes even look like the crust at the bottom of a pizza. "Pika" sounds like "pizza", and "chu" = "chew".
Pokemon is a conspiracy to sell pizza, and its mascot is pizzachew.
This is pikachu's real form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom