• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Charizard Social: Merry Switchmas!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Found out the hard way that custom fox is mean. Dragon rush let me breathe. If not for that the fight would be quite one sided.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
weird, I never got an alert. Isn't that supposed to happen whenever you get tagged?
I noticed a lot of the time you just somehow lose alerts. I haven't gotten an alert from this thread for a while.

Speaking of which, hi guys. I'm still alive.
I've been kind of neglecting Charizard lately in favor of Mewtwo, but I really don't want to drop this guy. If only For Glory allowed custom moves....Ah well, I guess I'll just train up some amiibo and practice my Charizard against them. They've got to be at least half as good as For Glory scrubs, right?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If you stop viewing a topic for a period of time you don't get alerts anymore.

Also the inconsistency of Rising Cyclone is dumb.

Edit: Slowly realizing the greatness of Dragon Rush.

Last edited:

charizardbro

Smash Apprentice
@ Grizzlpaw Grizzlpaw I played a person with the same name on 3DS FG who had a really good Charizard (among other things) for an hour or so. Was that you? That'd be a really funny coincidence. I would have been using mostly Sheik and Charizard.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's awful without even trying. It doesn't exist to me.
Professor Puff you have to go into greater detail on what makes this move awful so Fire Fangers get an idea of when not to use the move during battle.

Could be helpful.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Professor Puff you have to go into greater detail on what makes this move awful so Fire Fangers get an idea of when not to use the move during battle.

Could be helpful.
#1 reason is that Flamethrower is simply just too good to give up. Fire Fang functions as a more rewarding Flamethrower but it lacks what makes Flamethrower so good: The range, the safety, the ability to space so that it cannot be rolled through and it's many applications in edgeguarding. What does Fire Fang offer to compensate? Nothing.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
#1 reason is that Flamethrower is simply just too good to give up. Fire Fang functions as a more rewarding Flamethrower but it lacks what makes Flamethrower so good: The range, the safety, the ability to space so that it cannot be rolled through and it's many applications in edgeguarding. What does Fire Fang offer to compensate? Nothing.
Flamethrower offers much more utility yes but Fire Fang does offer more damage and will kill at the edge around 120%-130%.

I agree that all facts considered Flamethrower is the best standard special move to go with but I want to know what Fire Fang's strengths and weaknesses are as I would like to understand and learn about every move at Charizard's disposal.

Except for Sinking Skull. That one really does suck.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Flamethrower offers much more utility yes but Fire Fang does offer more damage and will kill at the edge around 120%-130%.
You know what else kills around 120% near the edge and has around the same amout of range? D-throw.

You don't really get a whole lot from Fire Fang, just a greater damage output. However, Flamethrower's range makes it easier to land, so theoretically, even the damage done should be that much of a difference.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sounds like Flamethrower is an end all solution.

I'm not fond of these custom moves that bear little significance.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Sounds like Flamethrower is an end all solution.

I'm not fond of these custom moves that bear little significance.
welcome to low tier

heh that said, dragon rush is quite good, but sometimes does not link properly on some characters if they just hold up. very very disappointing. you have to catch them with the bottom half of your body, and even then i have not tested whether they can hold down and get out of it that way. most likely, unless there is ground underneath them that prevents that.

Last edited:

charizardbro

Smash Apprentice
Have you tested it with smash DI yet? It's not as effective as it used to be but its still in the game.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Hello everyone. I'm Handy Man, and I'm currently the best Charizard player in Illinois. I've been meaning to post here on Charizard's character page for a long time but never got around to until recently.

I was wondering how I am compared to other Zard mains here. I feel like my Zard is great and I have made a name for myself in the Chicago-Land community. However, I feel like I haven't learned everything I can yet, and I have little to no practice with other Zard mains. Does anyone want to play Zard dittos with me and see how we both do? Please let me know!​

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hello everyone. I'm Handy Man, and I'm currently the best Charizard player in Illinois. I've been meaning to post here on Charizard's character page for a long time but never got around to until recently.

I was wondering how I am compared to other Zard mains here. I feel like my Zard is great and I have made a name for myself in the Chicago-Land community. However, I feel like I haven't learned everything I can yet, and I have little to no practice with other Zard mains. Does anyone want to play Zard dittos with me and see how we both do? Please let me know!​
I'm up for it sometime.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I'm in Wisconsin.

Come at me when I go down there sometime.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman

I'm willing to bite. I would love to improve my Zard.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Anytime before 3. My ID for WiiU is ZombieSaurian. And props for being a resident of Illinois, I am too XD
Alright, my NNID is Luigifan141. I'll be able to play 12:30 PM.

That's cool that you're from Illinois too! I'm actually one of the admins in the Chicago Smash 4 Facebook group, and I frequent the E2C monthlies and sometimes make it out to weeklies. If you're going to Dismantle or any other tourney, let's make sure to play some friendlies. :006:

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Alright, my NNID is Luigifan141. I'll be able to play 12:30 PM.

That's cool that you're from Illinois too! I'm actually one of the admins in the Chicago Smash 4 Facebook group, and I frequent the E2C monthlies and sometimes make it out to weeklies. If you're going to Dismantle or any other tourney, let's make sure to play some friendlies. :006:
Just sent a request to the FB group! I'm not sure I'l make it to Dismantle, since I have a busy work schedule :(

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Just sent a request to the FB group! I'm not sure I'l make it to Dismantle, since I have a busy work schedule :(
Awesome! If you can't make it out to Dismantle, no worries, there's still going to be some great tournies this Summer.

I'm going to make a room right now btw, join whenever. :D

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Charizard amiibos are already sold out... they released today. Charizard has become my new main, and I figured a good start to amiibo collecting would be getting him. I knew Charizard was going to be a very sought after amiibo, but I kinda figured Nintendo would have known this and made Charizard amiibos on the Pikachu scale...

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
Yeah its pretty annoying how amiibos get bought out so fast. Esssspecially the store exclusive ones.. (Shulk and Ness). I managed to get a Charizard amiibo luckily, I'm wondering how I can train him.

Top Bottom