• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 The Chance of having a post-Smashfest Demo on eShop

Will Nintendo give us demos on the eShop?

• Total voters

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Naw, man. I've heard the E3 build of Smash U was too glitchy, as much as I'd like to play it.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
If only that were possible, but it's been hinted that Nintendo is reluctant to offer downloadable demos, because the company fears that a demo that crashes could brick your Wii U. And seeing as there have been some very isolated reports of Mario Kart 8 having a system bricking bug, that may further explain the company's reluctance.
From what I heard, it's from people that are stuck on a certain screen while they're online. And due to hard resetting their consoles while it's still online, it'll cause the system to break. A simple fix from the user is to reset their router instead. But eventually, it'll be resolved by Nintendo firsthand.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
BestBuy demo of SSBU can crash: confirmed. Didn't get to see what might have caused it, but boy, did the casuals love it. Got them more hyped than how skillfully MegaMan executes his fina-
SUPERTRANSFORMINGROBOTMEEEEGAAAMAAAANNNNN

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I have a hunch we'll see a demo, but probably not until release. Nintendo's been putting a lot of demos out on the e-shop lately.

I don't want to vote yes though, since I don't feel entitled to get a free demo lol.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely not expecting the Smash Fest demo to be available at all. Closer to release, I think Best Buy/Gamestop will get an in store demo though.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
If they released a demo for 3DS or Wii U, I imagine it would be very limited in characters, stages, and maybe even items. If it's very similar to the Best Buy demo, it would most likely have a limited number of times you can play it.

Top Bottom