• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cave (Geneva, IL) Bi-Weeklies 9/9

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
Geneva, IL 9/9 Singles and Doubles Smash Tourney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so instead of making everyone else try and figure out what to do for singles and doubles I decided to actually step up as TO and post when both will be, you can come for both or you can just come for one.

Where: Where: The Cave (http://www.thecave-geneva.com)
603 West State Street
Geneva, Illinois 60134

THIS IS A BYOC EVENT

Matches are 2/3, random neutral for the first, and counterpicks for the second/third.

Entry fee is $10 per person. (and $10 per team, unless enough of you want to up it)

Payout is 60/30/10 after the house takes 20%

The Cave sells food/drinks/energy drinks

There will be time for friendlies before and after, so come early and stay late.

Tournament starts at (subject to change) Singles 12:30 Doubles 3

Bracket will be randomly generated.

Post if you plan on coming- great fun

The Cave normally doesn't open until 12pm on Sundays, but if enough of you guys tell me that you will be here early I will open at 11 so you guys can get some friendlies in.

Hope to see you guys there...

Zjiin

Smash Master
Not enteing the last once from tourney-overload made it waaaay to easy for Tink, so i'll be at this one to stop him from calling TheCave, TheBank.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'll show if I have enough cash to pay for books. I don't want to give up my shift without being sure that I'll have enough.

And I'll actually participate this time. I feel like giving people easy money.

I just spent $400 on books but deposited $900, so I should be okay *I think*.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
**** 12:30! Imma have to leave freakishly early in the morn but atleast Ill be able to get home around some time other then 1:00am.

Please if you come just enter the tourney :p. Don't be afraid to waste ur money just throw it in and no regrets/johns.

P.S-Damian I can only wonder what your doing with my broken controller but I would like to know what happened to good ol silver ^_^

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
**** 12:30! Imma have to leave freakishly early in the morn but atleast Ill be able to get home around some time other then 1:00am.

Please if you come just enter the tourney :p. Don't be afraid to waste ur money just throw it in and no regrets/johns.

P.S-Damian I can only wonder what your doing with my broken controller but I would like to know what happened to good ol silver ^_^
Easy for you to say when you have a decent chance of actually getting some of that cash. I kinda knew I wasn't gonna enter that last one...that's why I ended up going early to get a lot of friendlies in.

I'll enter the next one if I go though.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Easy for you to say when you have a decent chance of actually getting some of that cash. I kinda knew I wasn't gonna enter that last one...that's why I ended up going early to get a lot of friendlies in.

I'll enter the next one if I go though.
I don't think we've met. You were at the last one? Which one were you? (i'm pretty inconsiderate so i never actually ask people who they are lol) We should get in some games next time.

CrappyDonkey

Smash Apprentice
If you show up to another tourney I will give you guys something for being in the pic, I have alot of Bawls giveaways, just remind me.

I figured singles before doubles so those who weren't going to play doubles could leave if they wanted.

If some of you guys could bring a setup and a game (we have 2, and I like to run the tourney on at least 4) and then any extras can be friendlies

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well, you know I'm gonna be Ganondorf. ;)

It's not that I don't have a way to get out there... it's, I don't trust my car enough to get out there; On top of driving to a place I've never been to, blah blah [/john of laziness]

I should make this.
It's not that I don't know how to team with ganon, it's that ganon is a hard character to team with cause they always are hitting me. The real question is can you team with my samus?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Never tried. I've teamed with a Falco, Falcon, and Zelda, but I haven't done doubles since SG's. I'd like to think I've improved since then. Actually, I know I'm better from SGIV, that's for **** sure.

But, it's up to you Mars. :shrug:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
erk doubles after singles would be kind of stupid since doubles = warm up for singles in the first place.

Also imma be looking for a partner for doubles so if anyone wants to team and get 1st with me just ask ^_^

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I don't think we've met. You were at the last one? Which one were you? (i'm pretty inconsiderate so i never actually ask people who they are lol) We should get in some games next time.
I've played once against you in June I think. I used Marth and you used Luigi. We played in Dream Land. You won with one stock left.

I was the guy with the white shirt and the spiky hair at the last tourney. You were playing a friendly with someone on the second setup closest to the door when I told you guys I had to take the GC and get going. That's the extent of how much we've talked.

I'd like to get in some friendlies next time but I can already probably predict the results. But yeah, I need to get better, and the only way to do that is by playing better players.

@Crappy Donkey: I'll bring a setup if I go to the next one. I could probably bring two (my wii and my GC) but I'd need someone to bring an additional copy of smash. I probably won't end up bringing the Wii though since I usually keep it at my girlfriend's house.

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
me and my lil brother might show up. we came once back in july(or was it june?) and got served. haha. anyway, been practicing a lil, and if we do show up, we'll have a setup.

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
perhaps hoefler should take up a new character. I hear fox is pretty good.

Damian, remember to bring that paper this time son, young link is ready to bring home the bacon.

Oh, and anyone else who wants a low tier MM just say the word.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
perhaps hoefler should take up a new character. I hear fox is pretty good.

Damian, remember to bring that paper this time son, young link is ready to bring home the bacon.

Oh, and anyone else who wants a low tier MM just say the word.
what low tier you use? My Roy is ready to **** :p

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be at this one too. Last one was pretty fun. ^_^

I need a doubles partner!!!! >_<

I'm specifically asking people like Tre, Damian, Hoefler, etc. If anyone wants to team, just ask.

Mars-

Smash Champion
:nods: I see how it is mars. :p Go ahead. You be part of the Doublemint Challenge.

Brightside: Wanna team with a Ganondorf?
Wait hold on, I don't expect to team up with him anyway, but my friend should be coming to this so I will probably be teaming up with him. Odin we can play some friendlies though, I haven't played with you for a while.

On the other hand, 14k wanna do a $14 mm?

alcheato

Smash Ace
Matt and myself will be making this. Also, I've been training up the Roy so beware.

dak0tah

Smash Cadet
i'll almost definatly be making this with a cube, but i dunno if im gunna enter or just play friendlies. god knows i need the practice.

Top Bottom