• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Aerial Footstool Combo Guide

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I've decided to make these 2 short videos about how to get an early kill and keep a huge or medium percent lead on Falco, Fox, and Wolf using our manly man Falcon. This is a very useful combo and once you get the hang of it, it wont be hard to do. The only challenge is getting the opponent in a nice spot that's close enough to the ledge while he's around 0-21 percent.

The 4 steps that you'll always do are:

1: Grab
2: Down-Throw
3: Up-Air
4: Jump and it will do a footstool, and then grab on to the ledge.

The rest is up to you to prevent either Fox or Falco from getting back on the stage. Use U-air, F-air, or maybe even B-air accordingly.

For Wolf its a little different because most of the time he'll end up below you if he already use his air jump and got punished by falcon's U-Air or Footstool.

Falco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M2M7By1qP8

Fox and Wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_pzwCDIlc

crow95

Smash Cadet
Sure the D-Throw is not DI'able so the U-Air>Footstool Thing is not true anymore?
Beside that, is it true against more than these three characters? I think it looks like a great possibility in more than these match-ups to get the opponent offstage and get some % on him before he can build his game up.

PZ

Smash Lord
A little over 2 years ago a Falcon by the name of ThiryFour created a very similar thread along with some videos to help...but I like how you expanded on it a little. Unfortunately its nothing completely new except maybe the ledge getup attack spike that even I did not know.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267957

Good form and presentation though:O

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
The D-Throw is DI'able but when near the ledge the opponent better think twice about it. And there maybe a possibility that you can do it more characters, like perhaps diddy, lucario, mario, and luigi. Also what do you mean by "Is it still true"?

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
oh wow PZ I had no idea :o thanks for showing me that anyways. He calls it combo 34, I'll stick to that since he's the founder. Not to mention his thread was a little more specific.

Trollby

Smash Apprentice
First of all, you doubled posted, Grimmz you're so dumb. <_< Second of all, good stuff man. I didn't expect the once crappy Falcon main to get this good. =) Keep up the stuff 'bro.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
ooh, I never knew about this combo, thanks for posting this. I will try to start using it on spacies.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you doubled posted, Grimmz you're so dumb. <_< Second of all, good stuff man. I didn't expect the once crappy Falcon main to get this good. =) Keep up the stuff 'bro.
Ahh crap I didn't know you weren't allowed to double post... and btw its "Grimm" you idiot, you know me well >__>. And thanks man, keep up the good stuff with the falco.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
@OP

In your videos vs Falco he can side B at that % and escape no problem.
Once side B starts up you can not footstool him either.

I havn't played the game in about a year or two but I still remember ways characters can escape.
Past a certain % after u-air characters can prevent being footstooled.
Falco Fox Wolf > Side B/Reflector/UpB
Mario can Up-B or Side B
Bowser can Up-B
DK can Up-B
Ganondorf can up or side B
Diddy can side B, up-B can be footstooled during start up i believe.
Captain Falcon can upB
Shiek can up-B
Ice Climbers (singlelol) side B
Olimar Down B
Pikachu Up B
All 3 Pokemon from PT
Marth UpB Side B Counter
Ike Counter (upb and side b will cause him to die of course
Lucas Up B Down B

You can also do my combo from Nair at low% vs larger characters like DK Charizard Bowser and Snake.
Nair > Uair > Footstool
Nair > Dthrow > Uair > Footstool
Limp Knee > Nair > Uair Footstool (works on anyone you can hit with nair when they slip from limp knee)

All work. Tested on real players on and offline and are situational.
Good times.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
If you mean percents like 8, 9, and 10 then I don't think falco can escape it because the last time I tried this on a falco in a real match I Uair'd him in the start of his sideB at 8%. And I also saw the same thing happen on one of helmet's CVs. I think he, fox, wolf and even DK can escape it around 13-29. Also I don't think the rest of the characters you've mentioned would use their up-B's that high[especially not lucas, bowser, ganon, diddy, olimar and sheik] because they would give you an opening.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
If you mean percents like 8, 9, and 10 then I don't think falco can escape it because the last time I tried this on a falco in a real match I Uair'd him in the start of his sideB at 8%. And I also saw the same thing happen on one of helmet's CVs. I think he, fox, wolf and even DK can escape it around 13-29. Also I don't think the rest of the characters you've mentioned would use their up-B's that high[especially not lucas, bowser, ganon, diddy, olimar and sheik] because they would give you an opening.
It's not a 0 to death vs most characters it works unless the player is unfamiliar with their own options.
The combo vs characters like Fox, DK and Snake may just do 30-80 damage, where as vs characters like Wolf, Falco, and Bulbasaur it should 0 death with little effort.

There's a lot of things to factor in when doing the combo at low %, characters, SDI, stage ledge, hit and/or damage deterioration, and more.
I'd make a tutorial on it if I still owned a Wii. Most of the footage in your videos were very escapeable by airdodge alone.

You should look into the options in my old thread, and expand upon them.

There's much more to the 100% combo Dthrow Uair than a footstool past the uair footstool %.

But ya. I dont play this game anymore and this is all based off experience. There's no one situation unless you're playing a CPU.

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Well ok, btw Bulbasaur is not in the game LOL, its Ivysaur.

Oh and I just came up with this great idea, how bout I make a combo 34 expansion video?

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Well ok, btw Bulbasaur is not in the game LOL, its Ivysaur.

Oh and I just came up with this great idea, how bout I make a combo 34 expansion video?
Bulbasaur is best tho.
If you want you can. Link has some old videos if you wan to see combo in action vs more characters.
I suggest you cover the options the opponent has and how to cover them.

If I still had my Wii I'd make a tutorial on it, but lol I havn't even finished my Dudley tutorial.

GL

Grimmz

Smash Journeyman
Bulbasaur is best tho.
If you want you can. Link has some old videos if you wan to see combo in action vs more characters.
I suggest you cover the options the opponent has and how to cover them.

If I still had my Wii I'd make a tutorial on it, but lol I havn't even finished my Dudley tutorial.

GL
I wont be making it any time soon, first I need to get a new capture card :I

Top Bottom