• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Camping Metagame

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I've been in the community for a little while, but I never placed high in local tournaments probably due to my near complete lack of camping. I never do it because of how annoying it can be for the other person, but I think I'm over it by now.

So is there some sort of hidden Camping meta for Sm4sh Puff?
camping-tent.jpg

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Wait, bait, punish, repeat.

I'd say jiggly's playstyle is less camp, since you won't be staying in the same position at all times, and more super patient baiting and punishing.

Who cares if it isn't so exciting for the other player. Whatever works works right? That or y'know, Sakurai could finally buff puff for once. But we ALL KNOW that's not happening.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I was a boy scout once.
Same here

Wait, bait, punish, repeat.

I'd say jiggly's playstyle is less camp, since you won't be staying in the same position at all times, and more super patient baiting and punishing.

Who cares if it isn't so exciting for the other player. Whatever works works right? That or y'know, Sakurai could finally buff puff for once. But we ALL KNOW that's not happening.
Is Duck Hunt a particularly good stage for camping? I see Serynder go there often.

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
Same here

Is Duck Hunt a particularly good stage for camping? I see Serynder go there often.
Haven't personally had a chance to test it out properly against anyone so i can't give you a definitive answer. But I would assume so since it does give you a lot of room to work with. And the relatively unpredictable nature of the stage's platforms could help you out at times (but also trip you up just as easily so you'll have to pay close attention to where ducks fall or the duck hunt dog might suddenly appear and cancel one of your aerials before the hitbox even comes out).

Top Bottom