• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Cackling Witch that Rhymes! The Gruntilda Winkybunion Support Thread!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
: If you log into Smashboards today, you're in for a big surprise! Cause Gruntilda has her very own Smashing delight!

Hello bois and gurls and welcome to the Gruntilda Winkybunion support thread! If you want to support, don't cower in fear! Come closer and come here!

INTRODUCTION

I am Gruntilda Winkybunion! The prettiest wrench in all of Spiral Mountian and Isle o' Hags! Look at me! Ain't I a beauty?

I am so much prettier than Tooty! I would have been if it wasn't for that dumb bear and bird! Now watch as I take to the skies to seek their hoard!

I'll get revenge just wait and see! Whether I have to wait until Tooie or Threeie!

I have 3 sisters Brentilda, Mingella, and Blobbeda! I wouldn't say they look so dandy!

I use to have a boyfriend named Undead Ed! He abandoned me for some stupid shed!

I own a Industry so big and large! Yet no one seems to be in charge!

POTENTIAL SPECIALS AND FINAL SMASH

With my Neutral Special I can summon a spell! Charge it up, and it'll go boom! Charge it up to max and it will go kablooey!

My Side Special is just me and Broomy flying across the stage! We'll run over you over a hour a day!

My Down Special is my magic barrier of defense! It will absorb and reflect any lite thread!

My Up Special/Recovery is me flying straight up through the sky with Broomy! I hope you don't have a date or else say bye Louie!

Planet Cool Planet Cool came up with this plan! He sure knows how to cook up a idea! I transform into my ghost form for my Up B/Recovery! I disappear and vanish like Dexter's Laboratory!

With my Final Smash I bring forth the Hag! Watch as it goes to take out the trash!

fogbadge fogbadge came up with this moveset idea! He sure knows his ideas!

Jab: swipes with hands
Forward tilt: punch
Up tilt: uppercut
Down tilt: kicks hard

Up smash: swings broom overhead
Side smash: swings broom forward
Down smash: circles broom around on the ground

Neutral air: flash of magic
Forward air: magically throws hat
Back air: throws hat behind
Up air: throws hat above
Down air: full body slam

Pummel: kicks
Forward throw: blast with magic
Back throw: spins around and blasts with magic
Up throw: fire erupts beneath sending upwards
Down throw: drops on to fire

Dash: falls over, similar to dedede

Neutral special: spell blast, a chargeable projectile
Side special: broom charge, like charizard’s
Up special: dingpot, is fired upwards by the cauldron
Down special: drops large weight

Final smash: tears through the stage in hag 1

On screen entrance: rides in on broom

Up taunt: holds up quiz card
Side taunt: dusts down clothes
Down taunt: laugh from grunty’s lair

Victory 1: game over cackle
Victory 2: flies away on broom
Victory 3: gorges on food

POTENIAL STAGES

We have my Lair, the Top of the Tower and Cauldron Keep! Now choose carefully or else you might reap!

POTENIAL MUSIC TRACKS

Obviously my themes would likely be here! So would the rest of the boss themes from Kazooie and Tooie!

1. Gruntilda's Lair
2. Gruntilda Battle
3. Hag 1
4. Beehive boss theme
5. Chilli Billi
6. Old King Coal
7. Klungo
8. Mingy Jongo
9. Weldar

SPIRIT BATTLE

Gruntilda has a Spirit in Banjo's pack! Watch out or I'll be back!

This thread is still under construction, so keep up to date! They'll surely be surprises along the way! Support Grunty today you won't regret! Or else you get a spell you won't soon forget!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I was starting to think I'd have to take matters into my own hand, glad someone else did the deed, running another thread I couldn't stand.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was starting to think I'd have to take matters into my own hand, glad someone else did the deed, running another thread I couldn't stand.
No problem. I wanted to make this thread for awhile but didn't really think about doing it until Sephiroth was announced since he broke the "No unique non Echo secondary 3rd party rep" fan rule.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
She would be pretty cool to see in Smash, I support!

Also, I imagine her having something like Palutena's Guidance but with Grunty mocking the fighters while rhyming.
I just added you to the support list. And yeah, It would be lovely to get a Grunty Codex with all the rhyming works.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Gruntilda is in my top 10 most wanted characters for Smash, she should join this bash! She would be a fun character to play, I take more villains in this roster any day! With a raise of my fist, I request to be added to the support list!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Coming in to support the old witch, even if her chances may be as small as an inch.
Gruntilda is in my top 10 most wanted characters for Smash, she should join this bash! She would be a fun character to play, I take more villains in this roster any day! With a raise of my fist, I request to be added to the support list!
Gruntilda: Your request has been granted! Now you'll become my lovely bandits!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
She's one of few female villain options, which is unique! We don't have any female super heavies (though Samus comes close), also unique! She'd be a mage, which is a type of fighter we could really use more of. We have Zelda, kinda Hero, kinda Palutena, and that's pretty much it. So that's why I think she'd be an excellent addition! I doubt we'll get her in Ultimate, seeing how she's a background cameo and well, a second BK character is highly unlikely in general. But I think she'd be one of the best characters to add to a future Smash title. Add me to the support list!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
She's one of few female villain options, which is unique! We don't have any female super heavies (though Samus comes close), also unique! She'd be a mage, which is a type of fighter we could really use more of. We have Zelda, kinda Hero, kinda Palutena, and that's pretty much it. So that's why I think she'd be an excellent addition! I doubt we'll get her in Ultimate, seeing how she's a background cameo and well, a second BK character is highly unlikely in general. But I think she'd be one of the best characters to add to a future Smash title. Add me to the support list!
: You didn't ask to be added, but you did say I was your most wanted! And for that I put you on the support list among the haunted!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Its very unlikely that we'll get another Banjo character for Ultimate, but I would absolutely love to see her join Smash one day. She's definitely one of my favorite video game villains for sure. Definitely support!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Its very unlikely that we'll get another Banjo character for Ultimate, but I would absolutely love to see her join Smash one day. She's definitely one of my favorite video game villains for sure. Definitely support!
: Welcome to the club fam! Now you're here forever is that grand?!

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Gruntilda Winkybunion, as I live and breathe!
No villain is more worthy to be in Smash than she!
Her spells, her rhymes, her cackling laugh!
All iconic and memorable as her pointy witchy hat!

Gruntilda would make a perfect addition to Smash alongside such iconic video game villains and antagonists as Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, King K. Rool, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Star Wolf, Dark Samus, Mewtwo, Wario, Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings, Piranha Plant, and Sephiroth! The only other villains more worthy of inclusion than her would be the Doctors Robotnik/Eggman & Wily! After that, she'd be fair game! I imagine she'd be amongst the heaviest and slowest of fighters in Smash. She obviously makes up for it with tremendous firepower via her spells and tricks.

I imagine she'd have a great variety of skins and alternate costumes to choose from, including her skeletal form from Banjo-Tooie, Mecha-Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, and even her Robo-Skeleton suit from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts!

I would love for her to bring more Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and even Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts music!
Gruntilda's Lair remixed, the Final Battle theme from Banjo-Kazooie, the Hag-1 theme, the rest of Banjo-Tooie's boss battle themes, and Grapplin' with Grunty from Nuts n' Bolts. And me personally, I think the Gruntilda's Lair entrance from Banjo-Kazooie with her portrait in the back would be an incredible battleground setting for Smash. It'd be awesome if it transitioned to Gruntilda's Furnace Fun and the Final Battle atop the Tower would be wonderful.

Sign me up for both her and Mumbo Jumbo's inclusion in Smash someday ^^

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Gruntilda Winkybunion, as I live and breathe!
No villain is more worthy to be in Smash than she!
Her spells, her rhymes, her cackling laugh!
All iconic and memorable as her pointy witchy hat!

Gruntilda would make a perfect addition to Smash alongside such iconic video game villains and antagonists as Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, King K. Rool, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Star Wolf, Dark Samus, Mewtwo, Wario, Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings, Piranha Plant, and Sephiroth! The only other villains more worthy of inclusion than her would be the Doctors Robotnik/Eggman & Wily! After that, she'd be fair game! I imagine she'd be amongst the heaviest and slowest of fighters in Smash. She obviously makes up for it with tremendous firepower via her spells and tricks.

I imagine she'd have a great variety of skins and alternate costumes to choose from, including her skeletal form from Banjo-Tooie, Mecha-Gruntilda from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, and even her Robo-Skeleton suit from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts!

I would love for her to bring more Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and even Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts music!
Gruntilda's Lair remixed, the Final Battle theme from Banjo-Kazooie, the Hag-1 theme, the rest of Banjo-Tooie's boss battle themes, and Grapplin' with Grunty from Nuts n' Bolts. And me personally, I think the Gruntilda's Lair entrance from Banjo-Kazooie with her portrait in the back would be an incredible battleground setting for Smash. It'd be awesome if it transitioned to Gruntilda's Furnace Fun and the Final Battle atop the Tower would be wonderful.

Sign me up for both her and Mumbo Jumbo's inclusion in Smash someday ^^
: On to the support list you go! Watch as I round y'all up in a row!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I already thought she had a good moves list, but the ones you made make it even harder to resist! While I don't see her showing up in this game, perhaps one day she could lay her claim. Had things been different, and the duo were in Melee, by this game she'd already be out to play. You can put me down as a supporter! So that Banjo & Kazooie can once again thwart her.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I already thought she had a good moves list, but the ones you made make it even harder to resist! While I don't see her showing up in this game, perhaps one day she could lay her claim. Had things been different, and the duo were in Melee, by this game she'd already be out to play. You can put me down as a supporter! So that Banjo & Kazooie can once again thwart her.
: Grunty will put you on the support today! But first you'll have to become my minion to keep the bear and bird at bay!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Oh snap! I was just thinking today that it'd be nice if Banjo fans rallied behind another Banjo-Kazooie character, like Gruntilda or Mumbo. I'm 100% in support of Grunty.

I have a couple of ideas. I think her up-B in the OP could be a little better. It's basically the same as her side-B. What if instead of that, she transforms into her purple ghost form from Grunty's Revenge and teleports like Zelda or Mewtwo?

For her stage, her lair is great, but I'd prefer something far away from Spiral Mountain, since that's already so faithfully represented. I vote for Grunty Industries. I'm sure Sakurai could do something cool with the security cameras and Tintop drones.

This. Her cyborg form from Nuts & Bolts is my favorite look for her, personally.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh snap! I was just thinking today that it'd be nice if Banjo fans rallied behind another Banjo-Kazooie character, like Gruntilda or Mumbo. I'm 100% in support of Grunty.

I have a couple of ideas. I think her up-B in the OP could be a little better. It's basically the same as her side-B. What if instead of that, she transforms into her purple ghost form from Grunty's Revenge and teleports like Zelda or Mewtwo?

For her stage, her lair is great, but I'd prefer something far away from Spiral Mountain, since that's already so faithfully represented. I vote for Grunty Industries. I'm sure Sakurai could do something cool with the security cameras and Tintop drones.
: Brilliant idea for the Up B I kid you not! I'll put it in the OP and credit you a lot! I'll recruit you to my ranks! And you'll be a soldier in my one of my tanks!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so i made a little move set from her

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
so i made a little move set from her

: It looks good fam, I'll put in the OP later! I will credit you and give you a fat thank you favor!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Plenty of good ideas there. I especially love that she turns into Sexy Grunty for her victory screen. Kinda feels like her tilts and maybe even her jabs should incorporate magic too, though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
for a reveal trailer music is suppose the obvious choices would be gruntilda's lair or one of the final boss themes but i feel it would be more in tone with the games if the music was tower of tragedy or grunty's furnace fun

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Grunty's Furnace Fun is an excellent fit for a reveal trailer, yeah. Either that or Fun N' Games from Banjo-Tooie (which should've totally gotten a remix, possibly instead of Vs. Klungo, imho).

Also, if Grunty gets in someday, I hope she brings a deluxe Mumbo costume for the Mii Swordfighter. We really should've gotten some nice Banjo-Kazooie costumes when the bear and bird themselves joined.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Grunty's Furnace Fun is an excellent fit for a reveal trailer, yeah. Either that or Fun N' Games from Banjo-Tooie (which should've totally gotten a remix, possibly instead of Vs. Klungo, imho).

Also, if Grunty gets in someday, I hope she brings a deluxe Mumbo costume for the Mii Swordfighter. We really should've gotten some nice Banjo-Kazooie costumes when the bear and bird themselves joined.

: It's weird how Banjo & Kazooie got no Banjo-Kazooie Mii costumes of Mumbo, Jinjo, and lovely old me in their wave! While blockhead got Mii costumes from Minecraft all night and day! Surely I would have made a lovely Mii costume don't you think?! It's a shame that didn't happen and my Mii costume went down the sink!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
: It's weird how Banjo & Kazooie got no Banjo-Kazooie Mii costumes of Mumbo, Jinjo, and lovely old me in their wave! While blockhead got Mii costumes from Minecraft all night and day! Surely I would have made a lovely Mii costume don't you think?! It's a shame that didn't happen and my Mii costume went down the sink!
i was so sure wed get a jino hat

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah Grunty still working for this Game Dude or where you released to make your job in smash

: I never worked for that silly robot as you can tell I'm hot! I defeated the dumb bear and bird and stole Tooty's beauty, so now I'm quite the cutie! But joking aside, me working for that robot shouldn't effect my chances of appearing in Smash! As technically, Smash isn't canon so let's get on with the bash!

Last edited:
Top Bottom