• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know I still support Agumon.

Agumon, especially if he can digivolve into Greymon and back, is the only character(s) that can budge me from Charizard. I'd main Agumon in a heartbeat, especially if he comes in a package deal with Greymon (and to a much lesser extent, Wargreymon).

My ideal character would be a transforming Agumon - Greymon who's Final Smash would change based on which Digimon you were using. Using Final Smash as Agumon digivolves you into Wargreymon (and clear the screen with Terra Force), and as Greymon it would digivolve you into MetalGreymon (who would target opponents with Giga Blaster).

I imagine Agumon would fight similar to Mario and Greymon similar to Bowser.

I'm not greedy, though. I'll gladly just take Agumon standalone and have his Final Smash digivolve into anything from his line.
Here's a crazy idea that go way beyond the realm of what is reasonable.

Agumon as a base fighter, where he has a meter like Little Mac, when the meter fills, you can digivolve to the next stage (taking enough damage will revert you to Agumon; or, if a high enough percentage, Koromon. With his Final Smash as either WarGreymon or Omegamon/Omnimon.

It would probably be super broken, though (especially if MetalGreymon were, say, as big as Giga Bowser XD). And I don't think Sakurai would ever put that much effort into a character.

Balancing would be a nightmare.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Heh! Seriously though, I'd be over the moon with Agumon. If Greymon was there too to switch between, it'd be my new main instantly.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I actually have Smash 4 style stock icons of Agumon, Greymon, WarGreymon and Omegamon. They all look pretty good, I'll be sure to post them here when I can. (Agumon's might be my next pick for avatar, but I don't want to be constantly changing it.)

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
A curiosity for you, believe me if you want:

At the time when Smash Bros. Brawl was being produced, I asked Namco Bandai via Twitter if Agumon would have a chance to get into the game, and they responded with "Maybe!"

KMDP

Smash Legend
If Agumon gets in Smash, the first thing we hear after the Smash Logo should be this over darkness.
Non Digimon fans would be so confused, but we'd know...

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
If Agumon gets in Smash, the first thing we hear after the Smash Logo should be this over darkness.
Non Digimon fans would be so confused, but we'd know...
That would be awesome!

Heh! Seriously though, I'd be over the moon with Agumon. If Greymon was there too to switch between, it'd be my new main instantly.
I hope we get at least every evolution as a Trophy!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually have Smash 4 style stock icons of Agumon, Greymon, WarGreymon and Omegamon. They all look pretty good, I'll be sure to post them here when I can. (Agumon's might be my next pick for avatar, but I don't want to be constantly changing it.)
Kind of funny. My favorite Digimon is Metalgreymon. The one that gets skipped over a lot

KMDP

Smash Legend
Kind of funny. My favorite Digimon is Metalgreymon. The one that gets skipped over a lot
I had a Greymon/MetalGreymon transforming toy that. I. loved when I was younger. Then his horn broke off and I was sad.

AgumonHead.png
GreymonHead.png
WarGreymonHead.png
OmegamonHead.png

Full size versions of my Smash 4 Stock Icons for the Greymon line (the completed, smaller versions had black shadows that didn't always pan out too well).

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Here's a crazy idea that go way beyond the realm of what is reasonable.

Agumon as a base fighter, where he has a meter like Little Mac, when the meter fills, you can digivolve to the next stage (taking enough damage will revert you to Agumon; or, if a high enough percentage, Koromon. With his Final Smash as either WarGreymon or Omegamon/Omnimon.

It would probably be super broken, though (especially if MetalGreymon were, say, as big as Giga Bowser XD). And I don't think Sakurai would ever put that much effort into a character.

Balancing would be a nightmare.
I made like an Agumon gameplay Mechanics sheet, that meter could be like a pet care meter, if he was fed well etc. he can digivolve.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I made like an Agumon gameplay Mechanics sheet, that meter could be like a pet care meter, if he was fed well etc. he can digivolve.
Sees "Fed well": (immediate thought) That would mean that Agumon would have to be balanced around the fact that he might not be good if items are turned off.
Sees "etc.": Oh... :laugh:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I do find Agumon an interesting suggestion, albeit an extremely unlikely one.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Sees "Fed well": (immediate thought) That would mean that Agumon would have to be balanced around the fact that he might not be good if items are turned off.
Sees "etc.": Oh... :laugh:
Here's an Agumon Mechanic idea I made, hopefully this helps making it more understandable.

Graizen Graizen would you mind adding this to the OP?
Some of the other support threads add user made move sets to the OP collapsed in a spoiler.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just rewatched the Omnimon/Omegamon scene in "Digimon: The Movie"/"Our War Game". Man, the original is so much better.

Here's an Agumon Mechanic idea I made, hopefully this helps making it more understandable.

Graizen Graizen would you mind adding this to the OP?
Some of the other support threads add user made move sets to the OP collapsed in a spoiler.

Hmm... might be a bit overcomplicated. But I do like the V-Pet representaton!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And for me it's very funny that people have a preference for other Namco Bandai characters.
1 - Heihachi who is literally another character of fighting games. It's literally a less interesting version of Ryu.
2 - Klonoa is a mascot Namco practically ignores to put the Pac-Man in place always.
3 - Lloyd Irving who is a main character in the Tales series, which would be interesting if he was not practically a protagonist of Fire Emblem.
And among all the options we have Digimon, which is a series known worldwide, a huge franchise that exists for more than twenty years, which directly rivals Pokémon in many different ways.
I can not believe that more people are not giving the value that Agumon should have in this case.
It turns out to be the obvious choice of Namco Bandai's second rep!
Pac-Man representing Namco and Agumon representing Bandai.
1 - What does Heihachi bring to gaming? He's not an icon with any significant history.
2 - Klonoa is a nobody to his own company. He's not happening.
3 - Lloyd is an oddity. He's the face of his series on Nintendo and possibly in the west but not the guy who started it all and lives on in their logo (Cless/Cress). Cless would have a more interesting moveset with his timespace artes and represent innovation as one of the earliest JRPG characters to be controllable in real time. Possibly the earliest.

That last line, though, is why I see Agumon making it and have done since the Namdai partnership was first announced for 4.

I have literally never played Tekken (I think, my uncle owned it and I MIGHT have played it then), Klonoa or a Tales game. And besides PAC-MAN, those games and Digimon, I have a hard time thinking about any other Bandai-Namco series other than their licensed anime games (and we all know what the reception to Goku is).
Why does everyone forget about Soul Calibur, the better Namco fighting series?
There is no one character who properly represents Tekken but a half-Nightmare, half-Seigfried would easily and visually sum up everything at the heart of SC.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Why does everyone forget about Soul Calibur, the better Namco fighting series?
There is no one character who properly represents Tekken but a half-Nightmare, half-Seigfried would easily and visually sum up everything at the heart of SC.
Yeah, I had a brainfart and forgot about Soulcalibur, despite looking forward to SC6. :laugh: I mentioned in the Official Smash Ultimate discussion that we could get a Nightmare/Siegfried "twin pack", they play pretty much the same, but Siegfried is faster and Nightmare is stronger with a self-healing mechanic.

I was going to ask on that same thread if Heihachi would, like, bring anything new to the table that Ryu (and possibly Ken) doesn't already, but decided against it because I didn't want to get Heihachi fans on my back in my ignorance. :laugh:

To be honest, Agumon and Nightmare/Siegfried are my most likely Bamco candidates. Simply because they have greater importance to Nintendo than Tekken does (Digimon v. Pokémon and the Link/Soulcalibur crossover that still hasn't yet been 'repayed'. :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It would be nice to have Agumon in Smash and finally have the Pokemon vs. Digimon match that kids in the late 90s dreamed of.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
“There is no one character who properly represents Tekken”

I would say Nina Williams would be the best bet she had her own game.

But I still Believe Agumon would bring the most hype to the game then any Tekken or Soul character, and what else does namco have what wouldn’t hype a small crowd of a forgotten game, but would hype at least two fan bases... probably tbh I could see haters of the idea popping up.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, the Pokémon/Digimon rivalry is more of an Early 2000's thing, than a '90's thing

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah introduce a third clans member could work. But would you be hype for him befor I go on
But you would upset the Jin fans
Go with Nina who’s a ahem character wink wink you please everyone
I have no real interest in Tekken. Yoshimitsu has the appeal of also being a Soul Calibur character, whereas Nina is boring even compared to her own game's cast, IMO.

infomon

Smash Scientist
oh god. I had no idea how much I wanted this until now.

The possibility of Agumon is so remote that I hadn't even thought to vote for him in the ballot. Meanwhile, Ridley gets into smash and Waluigi memers roam free. Digidestined gotta get our act together!! Agumon in Smash would be amazing!

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I have no real interest in Tekken. Yoshimitsu has the appeal of also being a Soul Calibur character, whereas Nina is boring even compared to her own game's cast, IMO.
That’s why Agumon would be the best Namco choice.

Causes I believe I said no soul no tekken, or no redunted character.

Sure the rivalry might not be as strong nowadays but Agumon isn’t a Dead forgotten character

ryuu seika

Smash Master
When I first brought up Yoshimitsu, it was something of a joke because he represents the (surprisingly real) gaming rivalry between the two main Namco fighting franchises. He's not a perfect representative for either side of that, divide, though.

My actual Namco allegiance, however, is somewhat split:
-Klonoa is a fun, very nintendo-esque character who's not going to happen. Has my support but not over anyone else.
-SC2/post-break SC6 Nightmare is the perfect representitive of good and evil and the struggle at the core of Soul Calibur. Combine that with the way that he'd play (An actual Zweihander weilder who's fast for a heavy but has few moves that aren't long and highly commital) and he's a real standout candidate, even if he's not from Namco's own favourite fighter.
-Lloyd is the western and nintendo-based face of the Tales series, an innovation in JRPGs that brought real time combat to the genre. As the star of my first game in the series, I can't possibly ignore him.
-Cless, on the other hand, is to Tales what Agumon is to Digimon. The original hero who's not really a reccurring character but has had aspects of his design become series staples and his silhouette in the logo. He and his game are also referenced reasonably commonly.
-Mokujin is, not exactly a character I have a connection to but one who I see reason to include. His name is synonymous with a character archetype in fighting game circles, making him arguably more important to gaming history than any of the above. And it would be cool to see how they'd impliment his random moveset. Perhaps a basic one with randomly selected specials?

For Bandai, though, there will only ever be Agumon (or best boy Patamon) and I do think it'd be great of them to showcase both sides of the merged company's past.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay, went back through the Agumon thread (I can't believe I appeared so late :laugh:) and made an updated Agumon Supporter's List. Graizen Graizen , you can use this if you'd like.
And with Agumon comes the end of my research, he's actually surprisingly high in the ranks.
  1. Graizen
  2. Roberto zampari
  3. fogbadge
  4. ryuu seika
  5. PF9
  6. Sailor Waddle Dee
  7. Guybrush20X6
  8. Zeox
  9. DNeon
  10. Ura
  11. ErenJager
  12. GoldenYuiitusin
  13. pupNapoleon
  14. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  15. Shinuto
  16. Lampy
  17. AustatusIV
  18. Morbi
  19. Blue_Sword_Edge
  20. Mogu
  21. GolisoPower
  22. Inawordyes
  23. Kenith
  24. SorrowOfAcheron
  25. Crap-Zapper
  26. MrRoidley
  27. ProtoTwi
  28. Accursed
  29. Kronus
  30. TCT~Phantom
  31. StormC
  32. SethTheMage
  33. Fuzzy Pickles!
  34. CBOOtz
  35. MAtgSy
  36. smileMasky
  37. verysleepywolf
  38. KMDP
  39. timrtabor123
  40. SEGAGameBoy
  41. dangeraaron10
  42. PsychoIncarnate
  43. RileyXY1
  44. Dixie Kong
  45. smashingDoug
  46. CrusherMania1592
  47. infzy
  48. JayJay55

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
Okay, went back through the Agumon thread (I can't believe I appeared so late :laugh:) and made an updated Agumon Supporter's List. Graizen Graizen , you can use this if you'd like.
And with Agumon comes the end of my research, he's actually surprisingly high in the ranks.
  1. Graizen
  2. Roberto zampari
  3. fogbadge
  4. ryuu seika
  5. PF9
  6. Sailor Waddle Dee
  7. Guybrush20X6
  8. Zeox
  9. DNeon
  10. Ura
  11. ErenJager
  12. GoldenYuiitusin
  13. pupNapoleon
  14. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  15. Shinuto
  16. Lampy
  17. AustatusIV
  18. Morbi
  19. Blue_Sword_Edge
  20. Mogu
  21. GolisoPower
  22. Inawordyes
  23. Kenith
  24. SorrowOfAcheron
  25. Crap-Zapper
  26. MrRoidley
  27. ProtoTwi
  28. Accursed
  29. Kronus
  30. TCT~Phantom
  31. StormC
  32. SethTheMage
  33. Fuzzy Pickles!
  34. CBOOtz
  35. MAtgSy
  36. smileMasky
  37. verysleepywolf
  38. KMDP
  39. timrtabor123
  40. SEGAGameBoy
  41. dangeraaron10
  42. PsychoIncarnate
  43. RileyXY1
  44. Dixie Kong
  45. smashingDoug
  46. CrusherMania1592
  47. infzy
You forgot me though, he’s even in my signature.......:confused:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why am I on the list? I don't recall saying that I support Agumon at all.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I honestly forgot about Agumon as a potential newcomer and one that could easily get in as a big surprise newcomer if the Simon Belmont rumors don't pan out. It would certainly be a unique situation to see Pokemon and Digimon finally cross paths for the first time ever. That, and I would support him anyday over someone like Heihachi from Tekken.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
THATS BIG.
A New Digimon Game, and for the Switch?
I think Agumon has more chances now.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
While my guess is that Agumon isn't in the base roster, I do believe he has a decent chance as DLC. Personally, I think the potential digivolution mechanic alone would make for a very interesting and fun fighter for Smash Bros.

Graizen

Smash Champion
First Scan of the new Nintendo Switch Digimon Game!
Agumon is the Main Character Digimon partner.

DiZM_3eVAAEV-fA.jpg large.jpg

Top Bottom