• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
The first Digimon Rumble Arena was my jam, and it's what got me into the series. I've watched seasons 1-3 (with 3 being my favorite partially because of Renamon) and parts of season 4 way back when I was young.

Anyway, this should happen. I support. Agumon and his transformations are all cool (WarGreymon and Omnimon are my favourites).
Welcome to the Agumon support team!

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon have a Axe from Digimon World 4, you guys think he should use it in his Smash moveset?

Agumon_dw4.png

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Down B should be a Evolution i think
I know that's what a lot of people say, but wouldn't it be weird to just digivolve whenever? Imo, it would make more sense and fit his character more if he had some type of guage to digivolve, similar to joker.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I know that's what a lot of people say, but wouldn't it be weird to just digivolve whenever? Imo, it would make more sense and fit his character more if he had some type of gauge to digivolve, similar to joker.
The way I'd see it being implemented is a meter. In some Digimon games (Such as Digimon World 3) as you took damage you had a Blast Meter. When that got filled you'd immediately digivolve into the next form for the duration of the battle, even if you didn't have that form unlocked yet. They could have a system in place that works the same. As the battle goes on and you take/deal damage, the meter fills and you can initiate your next form. You can remain in that form until you're Ko'd.

But this, however, would make things weird. You'd need move sets for each form, and Agumon would need basically 4 distinct move sets. One for Agumon, one for Greymon, one for Metal-Greymon (Slightly modified from Greymon, in all honesty to integrate his missiles and metal claw and probably alter his recovery due to the wings) and finally a move set for War Greymon.

That'd be a metric ton of work to implement the defining characteristics of Digimon, which is what massively hurts Agumon's chances. The only way I logically see Agumon being put in is if they make his digivolutions part of his Final Smash (Warp digivolves like in the show) to War Greymon to do a his Terra Force or some other big move before reverting to Agumon.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The way I'd see it being implemented is a meter. In some Digimon games (Such as Digimon World 3) as you took damage you had a Blast Meter. When that got filled you'd immediately digivolve into the next form for the duration of the battle, even if you didn't have that form unlocked yet. They could have a system in place that works the same. As the battle goes on and you take/deal damage, the meter fills and you can initiate your next form. You can remain in that form until you're Ko'd.

But this, however, would make things weird. You'd need move sets for each form, and Agumon would need basically 4 distinct move sets. One for Agumon, one for Greymon, one for Metal-Greymon (Slightly modified from Greymon, in all honesty to integrate his missiles and metal claw and probably alter his recovery due to the wings) and finally a move set for War Greymon.

That'd be a metric ton of work to implement the defining characteristics of Digimon, which is what massively hurts Agumon's chances. The only way I logically see Agumon being put in is if they make his digivolutions part of his Final Smash (Warp digivolves like in the show) to War Greymon to do a his Terra Force or some other big move before reverting to Agumon.
Simple: Use Agumon moveset from Rumble Arena 2

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'd hope they'd be more original than just porting a move set from another game. Knowing Sakurai, he'd not be down for that. He'd want to do his own thing, even if it meant borrowing some but not an entire move set he had no hand in making.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Agumon have a Axe from Digimon World 4, you guys think he should use it in his Smash moveset?

View attachment 239719
Actually he has multiple Axes, this is the one he starts with, it's called Battle Hawk and his Signature Weapon is called Judgement.

All you need is Agumon-Greymon and then WarGreymon as his final smash.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer GeoGreymon. He is fitting more into Smash Bros. with his wildness and is not as boring.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I could completely see Agumon in this last spot of the fighters pass.
A character that causes commotion and know one knew they wanted.
Supports a new genre of gaming, in fact an entirely untouched form.
And not a character we may have chosen solo.

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't necessarily say to just use his rumble arena moveset, but I do agree that it would be a really good stepping stone to use.
Actually he has multiple Axes, this is the one he starts with, it's called Battle Hawk and his Signature Weapon is called Judgement.

All you need is Agumon-Greymon and then WarGreymon as his final smash.
Agreed, having anymore digievolutions isn't necessary and would make things too complicated imo

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Either that, or I also could easily see him evolving into War Greymon for a different change of moveset too as well, with Omegamon/Omnimon being his Final Smash. Personally both work in my opinion.

As for Agumon using an axe, I'm a little iffy on that since it only appeared once (and in not a generally liked or favored game despite it being the first Digimon game on a Nintendo console) which I don't see being really iconic for Agumon but if that'd mean he'd be a different character compared to the likes of Bowser and Charizard, then I'm all up for it.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Either that, or I also could easily see him evolving into War Greymon for a different change of moveset too as well, with Omegamon/Omnimon being his Final Smash. Personally both work in my opinion.

As for Agumon using an axe, I'm a little iffy on that since it only appeared once (and in not a generally liked or favored game despite it being the first Digimon game on a Nintendo console) which I don't see being really iconic for Agumon but if that'd mean he'd be a different character compared to the likes of Bowser and Charizard, then I'm all up for it.
Agumon also has Battle Hawk on the Digimon: Hyper Colosseum card Bo-1dw.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
I've asked in a Discord server I'm in and they confirmed it's a pop socket. Weird that it's for the Switch only though.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
If you have a PS4, you should try to import the EU version from Cyber Sleuth. It has English subs and is uncensored.

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I'm more of a Gabumon fan but if they put a Digimon it would be 100% Agumon. Yeah, why not sign me up. It would be cool to see Agumon in smash

Graizen

Smash Champion
A Twitter user found this in the Digimon Cyber Sleuth eShop website page codes.
I think they added "Pokémon" as a keyword to find the Digimon games. lol

1111.jpg

Maybe "if (isPokemonProduct) (allowedRetailers.push ('Pokemon');" lets the listed stores list Digimon Cyber Sleuth as a Pokémon game or something.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How are the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games? I haven't looked into them much, but I've liked Digimon (at least the first four seasons and their movies - haven't seen Tri yet), and since my arm's in a cast for a few weeks, turn-based RPGs are just about all that I can play. I also like the art style, but I don't want to spend $70 or $80 if the collection itself isn't that great.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
So what's general consensus on evolution? So should evolution be only for final smash? Or something Arsen for Joker? Limited duration?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So what's general consensus on evolution? So should evolution be only for final smash? Or something Arsen for Joker? Limited duration?
I think the general consensus is that it’ll be called digivolution

Anyway I think a transformation thing is the most popular idea

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
I think the general consensus is that it’ll be called digivolution

Anyway I think a transformation thing is the most popular idea
Digivolution. Yeah that's what I mean, but should Agumon only be allowed to digivolve with final smash? Or just like characters like Joker or Cloud that has special guage/ duration?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Digivolution. Yeah that's what I mean, but should Agumon only be allowed to digivolve with final smash? Or just like characters like Joker or Cloud that has special guage/ duration?
Most around here seem to think greymon via gauge and the higher levels for a final smash

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
Most around here seem to think greymon via gauge and the higher levels for a final smash
That looks about right. Ridley already proved that Sakurai can now deal with size issue. Maybe, he can spice things up by giving Greymon more uniqueness? Like he takes less damage better shield, but less mobility and duration? Final Smash should show Digivolution sequence like in anime. Wargreymon uses Brave Tornado twice and nukes entire area with Gaia Force.

Graizen

Smash Champion
How are the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games? I haven't looked into them much, but I've liked Digimon (at least the first four seasons and their movies - haven't seen Tri yet), and since my arm's in a cast for a few weeks, turn-based RPGs are just about all that I can play. I also like the art style, but I don't want to spend $70 or $80 if the collection itself isn't that great.
I can assure you that the story and the characters are some of the best I've ever seen in every game I've played.
The gameplay is very good too, basically a mix of Persona 5 with Pokémon.
Plus you will pay less than you would for an entire game for two full games, so buying this version is 100% worth it.
The game is turn-based so it will please you a lot.
In addition this version comes with all DLC and also with several enhancements.

Last edited:

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
I agree that paying the collection is worth it but i don't see anything that looks like persona (except that it IS a RPG)

Graizen

Smash Champion
I agree that paying the collection is worth it but i don't see anything that looks like persona (except that it IS a RPG)
The artistic style of the game is very similar to Persona, the story develops similarly to Persona as well.
Additionally in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory you can battle along with other characters to grow their trust with you and earn some unique items, much like the Persona trust / romance system.

Top Bottom