• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Although I think it'd be better for now to just add Agumon, I know a lot of people would want digi-evolution to be involved, so here's my idea of a special moveset

Agumon :
B - pepper breath/baby burner (charge move)
B+side - battle hawk or cross fire
B+down - dynamite kick
B+up - claw uppercut

Greymon :
B - nova blast
B+side - great antler
B+down - fire wall
B+up - fire horn

Details : digivolves to greymon around 70%. Gets heavier and stronger and has super armor around his "helmet" area, but slower and worse aerial. I think this is a unique concept, making the player have to learn how to play with both digimon. And of course wargreymon using terra force is the final smash. Like I said, I'd be beyond pleased with just agumon, I think greymon might look a bit odd due to his size, but those are my ideas if they implemented digivolving.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Although I think it'd be better for now to just add Agumon, I know a lot of people would want digi-evolution to be involved, so here's my idea of a special moveset

Agumon :
B - pepper breath/baby burner (charge move)
B+side - battle hawk or cross fire
B+down - dynamite kick
B+up - claw uppercut

Greymon :
B - nova blast
B+side - great antler
B+down - fire wall
B+up - fire horn

Details : digivolves to greymon around 70%. Gets heavier and stronger and has super armor around his "helmet" area, but slower and worse aerial. I think this is a unique concept, making the player have to learn how to play with both digimon. And of course wargreymon using terra force is the final smash. Like I said, I'd be beyond pleased with just agumon, I think greymon might look a bit odd due to his size, but those are my ideas if they implemented digivolving.
Yeah, when I read this for Agumon, I basically figure his specials would kinda work like this:
↑+B would be multi-hitting? Kinda like Simon/Richter's Up special, yeah?

Neutral+B would definitely be a charge move. Question is, would it be able to be stored? Maybe it has levels of intensity to store at, like how Robin's & Hero's Neutral+B works. Or does it retain its charge amount when shield-canceled like most (Lucario, Mewtwo, Samus, etc..)

For Greymon, care to go into a little more detail of what Fire Horn would pan out like? I'm interested.

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Yeah, when I read this for Agumon, I basically figure his specials would kinda work like this:

Neutral+B would definitely be a charge move. Question is, would it be able to be stored? Maybe it has levels of intensity to store at, like how Robin's & Hero's Neutral+B works. Or does it retain its charge amount when shield-canceled like most (Lucario, Mewtwo, Samus, etc..)

For Greymon, care to go into a little more detail of what Fire Horn would pan out like? I'm interested.
I would say claw uppercut would be a single strike move with fairly good vertical distance, though I could see it either way. As for pepper breath, I would say it could get about as strong as something like shadow ball, but works like greninja's shuriken, if that makes sense. In other words it's not a stored attack. I just think that'd differentiate him a bit and make things more interesting. Maybe as a sign it's reaching max power, aka baby burner, they could show bits of flames coming out of his mouth

As for fire horn, like I said I think greymon would look a little awkward, but I vision fire horn like a mixture of Roy and Simon's up b's (closer to Simon's) ; a fire multistrike attack with pretty poor vertical. That's probably as good as I can explain it haha.

Last edited:

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
After watching some videos of the first two digimon rumble arena games, I change my mind and think greymon could actually look really good in this game if properly sized. There's quite a few things Nintendo could take directly from these games! For example, take the scaling but maybe make agumon a little bigger, take agumon's claw uppercut and just give it some extra vertical, take greymon's horn attack that sends him diagonally up a little and just turn it into fire horn to add a fire effect, and I think they could use the jumping animations and just polish them up some. Also, I just wanted to clarify that the fire wall move for greymon should be a reflector imo. Other than that, I think these would be a great start for these characters!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So what are all of Agumon's costumes, btw?

ToyAgumon I worry has too different of a model to do the same animations. And hitbox issues, so I can see it not being used. You could still have something with others like the Agumon Hakase set, as they don't need their robes or wands. Though you could still have a shorter robe that goes to their shoulders, perhaps, to make the models work.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Nah. Agumon's Claw Uppercut is a turning, jumping uppercut, very much akin to a Shoryuken. Since it's sometimes shown to be on fire and sometimes not, I'd like to suggest that it go further than a regular Shoryuken but lack the armor that those moves have, with the ability to charge it to get that armor back, along with a greater hitbox size and burn effect.
Though, actually, my motivation for that comes from wanting to mirror it with 傑明洛 傑明洛 's "Flame Horn" as a second tier to Great Horns Attack, extending the horn with flames and adding armour to Greymon's exo-skull. Both forms of this attack would involve crouching slightly before jumping, ramming upwards with the horn. They would not go quite as far as Agumon's Up B, due to the greater weight of Greymon, but they'd feature more disjoing from this body and maybe more knockback.

I'm thinking "no" to storage but, to make it really unique, all three stages would have their own name (Spitfire/Pepper Breath/Baby Burner) and increase in size and damage from the last but decrease in distance travelled. Baby Burner travelling almost no distance from Agumon's mouth, acting almost more like short-range flame breath than an actual projectile.
For Greymon, this would then become Bit Fire/Nova Blast/Nova Flame, with all three travelling a similar distance, roughly equal to Spitfire's, resulting in a long range torrent of flame spewing forth from his mouth for Nova Flame that hits along its entire length. Plus, I see these having some pushback on shield.

For the other two moves, though, I'm finding it hard to get a good visual reference for Agumon's forms' movesets and I do need that refresher before I can come up with much. The basic idea, though, is that Greymon uses the same imputs to do similar things but in better ways.

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Nah. Agumon's Claw Uppercut is a turning, jumping uppercut, very much akin to a Shoryuken. Since it's sometimes shown to be on fire and sometimes not, I'd like to suggest that it go further than a regular Shoryuken but lack the armor that those moves have, with the ability to charge it to get that armor back, along with a greater hitbox size and burn effect.
Though, actually, my motivation for that comes from wanting to mirror it with 傑明洛 傑明洛 's "Flame Horn" as a second tier to Great Horns Attack, extending the horn with flames and adding armour to Greymon's exo-skull. Both forms of this attack would involve crouching slightly before jumping, ramming upwards with the horn. They would not go quite as far as Agumon's Up B, due to the greater weight of Greymon, but they'd feature more disjoing from this body and maybe more knockback.

I'm thinking "no" to storage but, to make it really unique, all three stages would have their own name (Spitfire/Pepper Breath/Baby Burner) and increase in size and damage from the last but decrease in distance travelled. Baby Burner travelling almost no distance from Agumon's mouth, acting almost more like short-range flame breath than an actual projectile.
For Greymon, this would then become Bit Fire/Nova Blast/Nova Flame, with all three travelling a similar distance, roughly equal to Spitfire's, resulting in a long range torrent of flame spewing forth from his mouth for Nova Flame that hits along its entire length. Plus, I see these having some pushback on shield.

For the other two moves, though, I'm finding it hard to get a good visual reference for Agumon's forms' movesets and I do need that refresher before I can come up with much. The basic idea, though, is that Greymon uses the same imputs to do similar things but in better ways.
I'm a little confused what you mean by "the other two moves" and "agumon's forms' moveset". Also, I do think they should have similarities, but differences as well. That why I gave agumon claw uppercut and greymon fire horn. The other major difference I did was give agumon dynamite kick as his down b cause I think it'd go good with his better speed/aerial ability, but for greymon replaced it with fire wall as I think it'd be nice to have at a higher percentage (when he digivolves) and go good with his more sluggish speed. I imagine fire wall like a mixture of palutena's and falco's reflectors, about the size of palutena's but does a little damage like falco's. On the other hand, their side b and b attacks would be very similar. But if you have other ideas for their movesets I'd like to hear them too.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'm a little confused what you mean by "the other two moves" and "agumon's forms' moveset". Also, I do think they should have similarities, but differences as well. That why I gave agumon claw uppercut and greymon fire horn. The other major difference I did was give agumon dynamite kick as his down b cause I think it'd go good with his better speed/aerial ability, but for greymon replaced it with fire wall as I think it'd be nice to have at a higher percentage (when he digivolves) and go good with his more sluggish speed. I imagine fire wall like a mixture of palutena's and falco's reflectors, about the size of palutena's but does a little damage like falco's. On the other hand, their side b and b attacks would be very similar. But if you have other ideas for their movesets I'd like to hear them too.
By "the other two moves", I mean the two special input directions that I didn't mention; Forward and Down. I have not been able to find any reference for how the moves that you list there act in his games or the anime and there doesn't seem to be anywhere that displays all the attacks that Agumon canonically has. Even the list of names without descriptions that we see on the wiki misses important variations like Nova Flame.

I don't know if your Dynamite Kick -> Fire Wall transition works with what I had in mind but I definitely like the move concepts and your reasoning so, if I do manage to find a proper way to research for this, I'll definitely keep all of that in mind.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Media Vision hiring 3D character modeler for PS4 RPG to ‘create new monster models and upgrade existing monsters’

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/media-v...-monster-models-and-upgrade-existing-monsters

Media Vision is hiring a 3D character modeler for a PlayStation 4 RPG to “create new monster models and upgrade monster models from previous title(s).”

The job listing, posted on Silicon Studio Agent, mentions that the game uses “cel-shaded anime-style models,” but that they are creating “high-end models” through sculpting for NormalMap creation.

The start date for the position is around October.

Media Vision developed both Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory. Publisher Bandai Namco has been known to be working on a new Digimon Story game as far back as December 2017, made this time with PlayStation 4 as a base. The most recent update was at Anime Expo 2019 in July, where Digimon game series producer Kazumasa Habu said that the next Digimon Story will not be a direct sequel to Cyber Sleuth, and that it will take place in an entirely new setting that occurs in both the real and digital worlds.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
In Digimon Rumble Arena 2, when Digivolving, you are invincible, including about three seconds after you finish digivolving. Additionally, while digivolving, your blue aura acts as a shield that will nullify projectiles and beams.
Agumon's attacks.
Baby Flame (Dub; Pepper Breath/Pepper Flame): Releases a stream of fire from its mouth.
Spitfire (Dub; Spirit Fire): Spits out fireballs.
Cross Fight (Dub; Cross Fire): Viciously bites the enemy.
Surudoi Tsume (Dub; Claw Attack): Tear into the enemy with its razor-sharp claws.
Sharp Nail (Dub; Sharp Nails): Effect unknown.
Triple Baby Flame (Dub; Triple Bird Flame): Rapidly fires three different Baby Flames in three different directions.
Battle Hawk: Brandishes an axe made of Chrome Digizoid.
Kūchū Baby Flame (Dub; Aerial Pepper Breath): The Baby Flame unleashed while airborne.
Mach Jab: A punch or claw attack thrown faster than the eyes can see.
Mach Jab Combo: Throws punches or claw attacks faster than the eyes can see.
Dynamite Kick: A flurry of kicks in midair.
Uppercut (Dub; Claw Uppercut): Throws a mean uppercut.

Greymon's attacks.
Mega Flame (Dub; Nova Blast/Nova Flame/Fiery Breath): Fires a gigantic ball of flame from its mouth at the opponent.
Great Antler (Dub; Great Horn Attack/Great Antler): Headbutts the enemy with its powerful horns.
Grey Tooth: Effect unknown.
Great Tooth: Effect unknown.
Bit Fire: Spits fireballs from its mouth.
Fire Horn: Attacks with its burning horn.
Fire Wall: Creates a wall of fire to stop enemy attacks.
Horn Impulse: Charges the opponent and attacks multiple times with its horns.
Tail Whip: Hits the opponent with its tail.
Tail Crash: Slams its tail into the opponent.
Great Horn (Dub; Great Horn Bash): Shoots forward horns-first.
Great Horn Attack (Dub; Great Antler Bash): Stabs upwards with its horns.

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Some HD Agumon and a Greymon. Feel free to use them for whatever you want.
agumonposerun0001.png
agumonpose0001.png
greymonpose.png

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Eh, the scales ruin it.
I would say they look pretty good on agumon, I think his yellow skin helps the scales blend in and look right. I will say the greymon is a over-scaley and would need some editing, but I still think they look great for fan made models. I also understand if you prefer them with no scales for the more cartoonish look, which seems to be the theme with the current smash bros models.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I would say they look pretty good on agumon, I think his yellow skin helps the scales blend in and look right. I will say the greymon is a over-scaley and would need some editing, but I still think they look great for fan made models. I also understand if you prefer them with no scales for the more cartoonish look, which seems to be the theme with the current smash bros models.
Besides, the Ceratosaurus didn't have scales.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoLA/status/1170037699010543619

15 years of Digimon Rumble Arena 2
And they post about it, with a battle of Greymon vs BlackGreymon

And they said GAMECUBE? Bro , Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was on PS2 as well right?
Yep, I owned it back in the day.

It is odd that they just said Gamecube when it was multi-plat, could just be human error. Anyway, I've got my fingers and toes crossed for Agumon!

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Some good news! ShadowShak, a big Digimon channel, made a vídeo about Agumon in Smash today!

Graizen

Smash Champion
Agumon was Trending on Twitter becouse people want him in Smash.

Man, it is a good day!

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Agumon was Trending on Twitter becouse people want him in Smash.

Man, it is a good day!
It's pretty exciting seeing that theres alot of demand as well. Agumon supporters maybe aren't as vocal as others, but it require a little buzz for make them awake for show their love for the character.

Now, with the recent talk, i want to bring an idea that i had in mind for quite a while: What if Agumon comes with a Care Meter as part of his gimmick?

He could grind his meter by attacking opponents, and when filled, he can digivolve to Greymon. He sometimes gets hungry during battle, with an icon showing on his portrait (it happens faster if you attack/run/dash a lot), and your meter starts to decrease and gets weaker attacks. His down B will make Agumon pluck a Meat/Sirloin for the ground and eat it, and by doing it while hungry rewars Agumon with more meter and a temporary attack buff (eating when not hungry doesn't get you any buff but delays the hunger state). The Down B also his his digievolution command when the meter is full (an icon appears on his portrait during it)

When he digievolves into Greymon, i had in mind that his stats slightly vary, depending on your actions when playing Agumon: eating/shielding a lot makes Greymon heavier, running alot makes Greymon faster, and attacking constantly gives greymon more power on his attacks. I believe most of us imagine the evolutions to end being time-based like some digimon games, but i would prefer if Greymon reverts to Agumon only after losting a fixed amount of HP, which can regain by eating meat (the HP will be his filled meter that depletes by getting hit).

I believe this idea would make agumon very interesting and distinct in design and playstyle, and making him faithfull to his roots as a v-pet. What do you think?

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I think Agumon in Smash would be really refreshing to see :)
Also Pikachu Vs Agumon is something I want to see :D

Top Bottom