• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

KMDP

Smash Legend
well ive finally finished my rewatch of the first for series of digimon (would have done it sooner but couldnt always watch when i wanted) what a ride i never get tired of them

think ill take a little break before i go looking for a means of watching data squad and fusion
I rewatched Digimon Adventure relatively recently, last year or so.

I didn't realise when I was younger how... fast it is, almost like it's engaging in Lull Destruction (for those who don't want to get pulled into TV Tropes, it's the practice of a medium, Cartoons, Comics, Film, whatever, refusing to take a break for as much a five seconds).

Note I was watching the Japanese version, not the dub (which is definitely guilty of Lull Destruction, they added lines where there were none, this includes them added a line about Mimi having a little brother, which creates a plot hole later, since Mimi's actually an only child).

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
well ive finally finished my rewatch of the first for series of digimon (would have done it sooner but couldnt always watch when i wanted) what a ride i never get tired of them

think ill take a little break before i go looking for a means of watching data squad and fusion
Go watch them on gogoanime.com they have all 7 season of Digimon in both Dub and Sub, but they have Digimon Xros Wars instead of Digimon Fusion. They also have the Tri movies, Digimon X-Evolution, Digimon Adventure (Movie) and Digimon: Our War Game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I rewatched Digimon Adventure relatively recently, last year or so.

I didn't realise when I was younger how... fast it is, almost like it's engaging in Lull Destruction (for those who don't want to get pulled into TV Tropes, it's the practice of a medium, Cartoons, Comics, Film, whatever, refusing to take a break for as much a five seconds).

Note I was watching the Japanese version, not the dub (which is definitely guilty of Lull Destruction, they added lines where there were none, this includes them added a line about Mimi having a little brother, which creates a plot hole later, since Mimi's actually an only child).
plot holes were a result of how they only got to dub one episode at a time so they had no idea what was to come, all the extra dialogue was most likely a result of them reworking it for a western audience perhaps they thought kids would lose interest if there were long pauses

also i finally know the name for my writing style

Go watch them on gogoanime.com they have all 7 season of Digimon in both Dub and Sub, but they have Digimon Xros Wars instead of Digimon Fusion. They also have the Tri movies, Digimon X-Evolution, Digimon Adventure (Movie) and Digimon: Our War Game.
thanks ill look it out when i can

Last edited:

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
One of taunt line from a Digimon could be the line "Show me your brave heart". Or Captain Falcon could say it in a reveal trailer. xD

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I've got some good news for all of you. The 02 kids are going to be in Last Evolution.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey guys. I've got some good news for all of you. The 02 kids are going to be in Last Evolution.
Good. That was one of two things that soured Tri for me.

The other one was removing the amazing dub music. It made it far less enjoyable for me. It didn't feel honestly like nostalgia at all unless you were specifically a fan of the Subs only, which is only a small portion of the fanbase. That's not counting any other writing issues etc. either.

TheVillagerDucky

Smash Rookie
This would honestly be a dream come true for me! As a kid, I definitely preferred the Digimon anime over the Pokémon anime, because of all of its rich character development and a nice, simple plot that wasn't loosely connected. 100% a supporter for this thread!

Graizen

Smash Champion
This would honestly be a dream come true for me! As a kid, I definitely preferred the Digimon anime over the Pokémon anime, because of all of its rich character development and a nice, simple plot that wasn't loosely connected. 100% a supporter for this thread!
Welcome!

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
We're glad to have you supporting Agumon's inclusion in smash ultimate!!!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know where the term "Odaiba Memorial Day" came from. I only joined the Digimon fandom last year.
well it seems to come from the japanese name of the 02 episode "ghost of a chance" where they remember the friends they lost in the previous series, its starts with them meeting on the anniversary of when they first went to the digital world (august 1st) but they actual memorial takes place on the day the defeated myotismon (august 3rd/4th)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Just for today, I'm feeling more optimistic toward Agumon. An icon of media, he is a character from a huge game developer who is working on this game.

I can see Heihachi, I hope not Lloyd, and Agumon would be recognizable and surprising. Not to mention unique.

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
I also got back into using Blender. So I made some Agumon renders..
agumonisin0001.png doomon0001.png
greymonandagumon.png

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Good. That was one of two things that soured Tri for me.

The other one was removing the amazing dub music. It made it far less enjoyable for me. It didn't feel honestly like nostalgia at all unless you were specifically a fan of the Subs only, which is only a small portion of the fanbase. That's not counting any other writing issues etc. either.
The Evolution scenes killed Tri for me. too much filler.

Go back and watch Reunion. Best one imo.

The art style changedfrom Movie 1 to Movie 2 was also a downgrade lets be real here.

Just for today, I'm feeling more optimistic toward Agumon. An icon of media, he is a character from a huge game developer who is working on this game.

I can see Heihachi, I hope not Lloyd, and Agumon would be recognizable and surprising. Not to mention unique.
Heihachi couldn't work in Smash remember. He's too technical or something.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
On the Digimon Stage could be a poster to Tekken 2 like in the latest Story Games. :D
This way everyone could be happy and Heihachi would in.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
That moment when you realize that Agumon is three feet tall, Greymon is 20 feet tall, MetalGreymon is 30 feet tall and WarGreymon is 10 feet tall.

Graizen

Smash Champion
This was posted on 4Chan some days ago aparently:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473284895/#q473284895

Doomguy is a mix between his classic look and his modern look, while the full on modern look is a skin. They really went all out on his moveset. His stage is literally called "smash.wad"

Agumon is the final character to end off the pack. He is still in very early development as of right now. But I know that his moveset is based primarily off of the Digimon Battle Arena games.

Bandana Waddle Dee is in development as a free extra if you bought the fighters pass. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.

What you guys think?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This was posted on 4Chan some days ago aparently:

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473284895/#q473284895

Doomguy is a mix between his classic look and his modern look, while the full on modern look is a skin. They really went all out on his moveset. His stage is literally called "smash.wad"

Agumon is the final character to end off the pack. He is still in very early development as of right now. But I know that his moveset is based primarily off of the Digimon Battle Arena games.

Bandana Waddle Dee is in development as a free extra if you bought the fighters pass. Pretty ****ty if you ask me.

What you guys think?
hmm 2/3 out of three for me so first one sound about right knowing my luck and the next two sound too good to be true

instinctively i dont believe it but thats just my general policy for leaks of any kind

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as a supporter. Grew up with Digimon, love it to death.

At first I didn't really consider him for Smash, my mind thinks of the anime side of the franchise first, but yeah in actuality, it's no more anime centric than Pokemon is. Lots of games, and it originated as a game... thing. If he could change into his other 3 evolutions that'd be even more awesome.

The idea of pokemon vs digimon being in smash, like Sonic vs Mario or Link vs Cloud already are, is pretty damn cool.

So yeah if that 4chan rumor panned out it would be pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Count me in as a supporter. Grew up with Digimon, love it to death.

At first I didn't really consider him for Smash, my mind thinks of the anime side of the franchise first, but yeah in actuality, it's no more anime centric than Pokemon is. Lots of games, and it originated as a game... thing. If he could change into his other 3 evolutions that'd be even more awesome.

The idea of pokemon vs digimon being in smash, like Sonic vs Mario or Link vs Cloud already are, is pretty damn cool.

So yeah if that 4chan rumor panned out it would be pretty great as far as I'm concerned.
And you are Welcome!

Tell us a Agumon moveset if you can!

Geassguy

Smash Journeyman
Well my initial thought is he'd be like Poke trainer and have multiple forms, but they could make him like old pokemon trainer where fatigue is a thing, hell make it even more of a thing, like in the lore/show he can have energy (say a meter) and when he runs out of it in one of his 3 more powerful forms he reverts to base Agumon, and it would not be spent in his base form, instead that would be when it of course recharges.

Making his more powerful forms limited time things is true to the series and I feel could be a good balance to the fact that all of his evolutions would be pretty powerful, MG and WG in particular. More powerful the form the less time, to the point where War Greymon only lasts for a few moves but they devastate if they land, like Ganondorf.

As far as actual moves, aside from neutral B in base form being Pepper breath, I don't have as many ideas.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Well my initial thought is he'd be like Poke trainer and have multiple forms, but they could make him like old pokemon trainer where fatigue is a thing, hell make it even more of a thing, like in the lore/show he can have energy (say a meter) and when he runs out of it in one of his 3 more powerful forms he reverts to base Agumon, and it would not be spent in his base form, instead that would be when it of course recharges.

Making his more powerful forms limited time things is true to the series and I feel could be a good balance to the fact that all of his evolutions would be pretty powerful, MG and WG in particular. More powerful the form the less time, to the point where War Greymon only lasts for a few moves but they devastate if they land, like Ganondorf.

As far as actual moves, aside from neutral B in base form being Pepper breath, I don't have as many ideas.
Maybe you could take a look at some Rumble Arena 1 and 2 gameplay videos to help with more moves.
But is a very nice moveset!

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, don't go requesting around or directly asking people for moveset ideas when they didn't even ask for it (especially if they practically just arrived in) as its kind of rude. Not angry, just wanting to point it out.

Graizen

Smash Champion
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, don't go requesting around or directly asking people for moveset ideas when they didn't even ask for it (especially if they practically just arrived in) as its kind of rude. Not angry, just wanting to point it out.
Whats the big problem with that?
It's just something i ask for everyone that wants to support, whats the problem?

How is this rude?

Last edited:
Top Bottom