• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno, Agumon taking notes from his canon evolution makes sense to me. Especially if the idea is to evolve into him and use a near identical moveset, akin to Bowser VS Giga Bowser in Melee/Brawl.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I dunno, Agumon taking notes from his canon evolution makes sense to me. Especially if the idea is to evolve into him and use a near identical moveset, akin to Bowser VS Giga Bowser in Melee/Brawl.
ive got the image of agumon using terra force in me head now

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Imagine having Gabumon as an echo fighter of Agumon if he makes it in
They have completely different bodyshapes.

There's a ton of Agumon variations that work well. I'm pretty sure there's no other Digimon besides his palette swaps(and the ToyAgumon variations) that have the same bodyshape. Guilmon is somewhat close, but still vastly different.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

There's a ton of Agumon variations that work well. I'm pretty sure there's no other Digimon besides his palette swaps(and the ToyAgumon variations) that have the same bodyshape. Guilmon is somewhat close, but still vastly different.
guilmon for a semi clone?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I’d love to see Gabumon as an Alt of Agumon, I think they share enough similarities and height to have the same moveset.

I think the only problem is that the Digivolution will be completely different due to Gabumon’s lineup being mostly quadruped.

I think Veemon would make a great alt but he lacks an Ultimate form though.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord

Vorvomon?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Vorvomon?
Er, what?

That's a rock dragon(that kind of looks like a pteradactyl). I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Cause it also doesn't fit Agumon's build. Really, the only actual Digimon who could be an Echo of it(whether a straight Echo like most or a super different one like Ken) could be the ToyAgumon variants or the Agumon Hakase. The rest are straight palette swaps and make more sense as regular costumes at best. The Hakase duo have actual cloaks and a wand easy. The ToyAgumon variants are fairly unique in their model shape that they can use most of the same animations, but they are a bit different at times. Like ToyAgumon punches, not slashes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In their first appearance, the golden digi-eggs merely produced a super powerful, golden version of their users' ultimates. Could we not consider Magnamon to be the same for Veemon?
Well, Magnamon isn't like with Rapidmon. It's more than that. It has way more lore beyond that(including being a Royal Knight). Paildramon as well as AeroVeedramon work too. There's a lot of options that look more like a regular evolution of Exveemon. Then go with UlforceVeedramon.

Insomneko

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3266-5876-1597
I definitely support Agumon! I think Digivolution could give the little guy a big gimmick, and I'd love to see him fight Pikachu in Smash.

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Yeah I gave him Firewall because I want him and Greymon to share a moveset, similar to Arsene, Also because I went with what seemed coolest over what was canon (like Sakurai tends to do) The idea was to make a placeable reflector, like a fusion of Palu's Down B and Pac-Man's Hydrant. You would be able to place it down and then move around.

It would reflect all projectiles, and fighters would not be able to go through it, but it can be broken with physical attacks and goes away after a while. Again, I'm taking some liberties with this moveset if that's alright.

I also decided to use the stage builder to make a mock up for Agumon's stage. It's E.D.E.N. from Cyber Sleuth. While not a part of the stage I made, various Digimon from the series would make appearances as Stage Hazzards for example Gabumon showing up and freezing the central platform, or Machinedramon showing up and attacking from the background.
D_kcfTRUwAAeAh3.jpeg

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
Yeah I gave him Firewall because I want him and Greymon to share a moveset, similar to Arsene, Also because I went with what seemed coolest over what was canon (like Sakurai tends to do) The idea was to make a placeable reflector, like a fusion of Palu's Down B and Pac-Man's Hydrant. You would be able to place it down and then move around.

It would reflect all projectiles, and fighters would not be able to go through it, but it can be broken with physical attacks and goes away after a while. Again, I'm taking some liberties with this moveset if that's alright.

I also decided to use the stage builder to make a mock up for Agumon's stage. It's E.D.E.N. from Cyber Sleuth. While not a part of the stage I made, various Digimon from the series would make appearances as Stage Hazzards for example Gabumon showing up and freezing the central platform, or Machinedramon showing up and attacking from the background.
View attachment 231516
The E.D.E.N. stage sounds like a great idea, you did an excellent job recreating it in stage builder.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Er, what?

That's a rock dragon(that kind of looks like a pteradactyl). I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Cause it also doesn't fit Agumon's build. Really, the only actual Digimon who could be an Echo of it(whether a straight Echo like most or a super different one like Ken) could be the ToyAgumon variants or the Agumon Hakase. The rest are straight palette swaps and make more sense as regular costumes at best. The Hakase duo have actual cloaks and a wand easy. The ToyAgumon variants are fairly unique in their model shape that they can use most of the same animations, but they are a bit different at times. Like ToyAgumon punches, not slashes.
what about snowagumon? just change all the fire attacks to ice attacks

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Er, what?

He has the same Head and Body style of Argumon. I would upload pics but I'm on moble.

Echos don't have to be the same species. Just share the same hitbox.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He has the same Head and Body style of Argumon. I would upload pics but I'm on moble.

Echos don't have to be the same species. Just share the same hitbox.
Not the same hitbox so much as the exact same proportions.

The wings are not similar enough to Agumon's arms. He'd work as a good clone due to these small yet important differences. It's more comparable to how slight yet important the differences between Pikachu and Pichu or Villager and Isabelle are.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
There are three things wrong with this. First, Greymon's Fire Wall creates a wall of fire to stop enemy attacks (The Anime shows it as Greymon breathing fire which stops attacks). Second, Agumon Burst Mode is only for the 2006 Anime Redesign of Agumon called Agumon (2006 Anime Version) which has separate attacks, a different type and different Digivolutions. Third, BlackAgumon and SnowAgumon are not pallet swaps, however in Digimon Battle Spirit he does have an alternate colored version of himself which is Pink with Blue-eyes.
BlackAgumon, Agumon (2006 Anime Version) and Agumon-X would be Agumon's echo fighters.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There are three things wrong with this. First, Greymon's Fire Wall creates a wall of fire to stop enemy attacks (The Anime shows it as Greymon breathing fire which stops attacks). Second, Agumon Burst Mode is only for the 2006 Anime Redesign of Agumon called Agumon (2006 Anime Version) which has separate attacks, a different type and different Digivolutions. Third, BlackAgumon and SnowAgumon are not pallet swaps, however in Digimon Battle Spirit he does have an alternate colored version of himself which is Pink with Blue-eyes.
BlackAgumon, Agumon (2006 Anime Version) and Agumon-X would be Agumon's echo fighters.
well digimon dont have set digivolution paths, and i fail to see why agumon burst mode couldnt be used for regular agumon itd be no different than ness and lucas using pk star storm, as for blackagumon and snowagumon we were talking about them in reference to echoes rather than alts

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
When Digimon get a rep than only with refs to the games (pet, first World and the latest Story episodes that are come to switch).
Anime is a separated case that is not important for the games. Except Digimon Adventure on psp. Especially, when the games come from Japan.
If not you get that **** like Allstars Rumble.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
when agumon loses do you think on the results screen do you think he should regress to koromon and applaud?

its a tad unnecessary but itd be a nice touch

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
when agumon loses do you think on the results screen do you think he should regress to koromon and applaud?

its a tad unnecessary but itd be a nice touch
How would he clap if he's Koromon though? :4pacman:

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well ive finally finished my rewatch of the first for series of digimon (would have done it sooner but couldnt always watch when i wanted) what a ride i never get tired of them

think ill take a little break before i go looking for a means of watching data squad and fusion

Top Bottom