• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
So
Digimon Universe , the last Digimon anime aired on Japanese TV
Had a episode were Agumon shoed up
He was a Video Game character
Happes that another Digimon used his powers to bring Video Games characters to life , and use as soldiers

Now

Look at the characters he used from Video Games :

D9yzgCQU0AAUwLk.jpg

Look , thats Marth
Fire Emblem was in Digimon
The girls is actually Mario
But a girl in this case just to be different

The Green one on the far left looks awfully Link like.

The Bear with a Barrel is representing DK
And the Bird with guns looks like a cowboy Falco
There is a Black Knight, he could be Meta Knight
And the little yellow Creature looks like a Mutated Pikachu

So he is actually using Smash Bros characters in a Digimon Anime

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So
Happes that another Digimon used his powers to bring Video Games characters to life , and use as soldiers

Now

View attachment 229155

Look , thats Marth

two things, 1 lets not read to much into the reference, 2 spoilers

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
So

Now

View attachment 229155

Look , thats Marth

That was the only episode I watched. It also has a cameo of Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail in it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Universe is SO GOOD
Why would you watch just one episode!?
I liked the concept of usings apps as Digimon, felt like a natural evolution to the concept.

But overall the show felt like it was trying too hard to win over the Yokai watch fandom like Pokemon Sun and Moon did so I didn't watch that many episodes

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I liked the concept of usings apps as Digimon, felt like a natural evolution to the concept.

But overall the show felt like it was trying too hard to win over the Yokai watch fandom like Pokemon Sun and Moon did so I didn't watch that many episodes
Wait, the Yo-kai Watch game fandom or the Yo-kai Watch anime fandom? Because I only play the games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

really ive watched cause ive watched both and i cant say sun and moon is terribly like yo-kai watch

also again spoilers people, some of us still have got around to applimon yet

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration

It gets better. They move away from monsters of the week once the cast is all together.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
Can't really say much other than i'm not really new and i have been lurking around here for some time, even if i know it's not very likely and am completely okay if things don't turn out right, I definitely am hoping for a Digimon character to get in Smash, since it'd bring something new for both parties really.

Anyways, because I have too much free time I love coming up with Spirit Battles and I felt the need to share some of them which i came up with, being the original Digidestined Digimon who are more likely to show up, and I thought it'd be fun if a Digimon's spirit represented the whole canonical evolution line. Some Pokemon spirits already have references to the anime so it wouldn't be unusual for Digimon to do the same.
Anyways here are the spirit battles, assuming Agumon and its evolutions are playable characters:

Gabumon:
-Fighters:
-Pichu (Represents Tsunomon)
-Agumon (Represents Gabumon due to their similar shapes
-Wolf (x2) - Blue Alt (Represents both Garurumon and WereGarurumon)
-Incineroar with a Laser Sword - Blue Alt (Represents MetalGarurumon)
Gabumon is fought in Great Bay, referencing Seadramon's Lake, where Matt's Gabumon evolves into Garurumon for the first time

Biyomon:
-Fighters:
-Villager - Pink Alt (Represents Yokomon, favors down special a lot)
-Falco - Pink Alt (Represents Biyomon and it already is a bird)
-Charizard - Red Alt with Superspicy Curry (Represents Birdramon)
-Captain Falcon - Yellow Alt (Represents Garudamon, uses neutral special a lot)
-Pit - Yellow Alt, Giant (Represents Phoenixmon)
Biyomon is fought in Gerudo Valley with strong winds, (Resembling the Yokomon Village from the anime, which is where Sora's Biyomon evolves into Birdramon for the first time)

Tentomon:
-Fighters:
Kirby - Orange Alt (Resembles Motimon with their similar shapes)
R.O.B. - Red Alt (Resembles Tentomon, uses electric moves often)
Bowser - Red Alt (Resembles MegaKabuterimon, due to their shells and brute force)
Unfortunately i couldn't figure who should Kabuterimon and HerakleKabuterimon be though
-Wrecking Crew stage, Omega form with electric floor to reference Factorial Town, place where Izzy's Tentomon evolves into Kabuterimon

Palmon:
-Fighters
-Piranha Plant - Green Alt (Represents Tanemon, for the sake of giving the plant a spirit battle, and that Tanemon is sometimes found in a planter in Digimon World)
-Ivysaur - Purple Alt (Represents Palmon, uses Up Special a lot to reference its vines)
-Little Mac - Hooded Wireframe (Represents Togemon, which its a cactus boxer and has a similar color scheme, has an Unira to reference the needles)
-Daisy - Purple Alt (Represents Lillymon, has a Super Scope to reference her Flower Cannon attack)
-Bayonetta/ZSS - Red Alt (Represents Rosemon, either Bayonetta due to her lust and that she throws roses everytime she gets hit and ZSS due to Rosemon's affinity with whips)
As a stage it'd be weird if Nintendogs would resemble Toy Town, where Palmon evolves for the first time, so i feel like Distant Planet would be more appropiate

Gomamon
-Fighters
-Pichu - Blue alt (Represents Pichimon, both share very similar names)
-Squirtle with a Freezie - White Alt (Represents Gomamon)
-Corrin - Blue Alt (Represents Ikkakumon)
-King Dedede - Green Alt (Represents Zudomon due to its hammer)
-Bowser - White Alt (Represents Vikemon, having a similar color scheme, and Bowser looks similar to Zudomon)
Fought in the Summit stage to resemble Mount Infinity, where Joe's Gomamon first evolves

Patamon
-Fighters:
-Kirby (Represents Tokomon, favors a lot of Neutral Specials
-Pikachu - Green Alt (Represents Patamon due to their similarities, Green alt has a similar color scheme to Takeru)
-Pit (x3) One of them is Giant - Blue Alt (All of Patamon's evolutions are angels)
Patamon is fought in Nintendogs Stage to resemble the Village of Beginnings, where Takeru's Patamon first evolves

Gatomon
-Fighters
-Isabelle - Yellow Alt (Represents Salamon, which looks like a dog)
-Incineroar - White Alt (Represents Gatomon)
-Palutena - (x2) Purple Alt and Green Alt (Represents Angewomon and Ophanimon)
-Charizard - Pink Alt (Represents Holydramon)
Gatomon is fought in Skyworld, mostly due to the connection with their evolutions

So, yeah those are the spirits i just came up, sorry for the long post lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For very large posts(or even bigger, or huge images, whether they're very wide or very tall), please put them in spoiler tags. Also, pages lag if you have too many embeds, so linking to a few is helpful too. :)

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
For very large posts(or even bigger, or huge images, whether they're very wide or very tall), please put them in spoiler tags. Also, pages lag if you have too many embeds, so linking to a few is helpful too. :)
thanks for the tip! i am fairly new to Smashboards and I was on mobile so i'll try remember that in the future

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
thanks for the tip! i am fairly new to Smashboards and I was on mobile so i'll try remember that in the future
To help explain the write up, using [ spoiler ] text [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. In order to add a word to explain what your spoiler is, write it as [ spoiler = Text ] without the spaces as well. :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To help explain the write up, using [ spoiler ] text [ / spoiler ] without the spaces. In order to add a word to explain what your spoiler is, write it as [ spoiler = Text ] without the spaces as well. :)
oh thats how you put text in the spoiler button, ive been wondering about that for ages

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Can't really say much other than I'm not really new and I have been lurking around here for some time, even if I know it's not very likely and am completely okay if things don't turn out right, I definitely am hoping for a Digimon character to get in Smash, since it'd bring something new for both parties really.

Anyways, because I have too much free time, I love coming up with Spirit Battles and I felt the need to share some of them which I came up with, being the original Digidestined's Digimon who are more likely to show up, and I thought it'd be fun if a Digimon's spirit represented the whole canonical evolution line. Some Pokemon spirits already have references to the anime so it wouldn't be unusual for Digimon to do the same.
Anyways here are the spirit battles, assuming Agumon and its evolutions are playable characters:

Gabumon:
-Fighters:
-Pichu (Represents Tsunomon)
-Agumon (Represents Gabumon due to their similar shapes
-Wolf (x2) - Blue Alt (Represents both Garurumon and WereGarurumon)
-Incineroar with a Laser Sword - Blue Alt (Represents MetalGarurumon)
Gabumon is fought in Great Bay, referencing Seadramon's Lake, where Matt's Gabumon evolves into Garurumon for the first time

Biyomon:
-Fighters:
-Villager - Pink Alt (Represents Yokomon, favors down special a lot)
-Falco - Pink Alt (Represents Biyomon and it already is a bird)
-Charizard - Red Alt with Superspicy Curry (Represents Birdramon)
-Captain Falcon - Yellow Alt (Represents Garudamon, uses neutral special a lot)
-Pit - Yellow Alt, Giant (Represents Phoenixmon)
Biyomon is fought in Gerudo Valley with strong winds, (Resembling the Yokomon Village from the anime, which is where Sora's Biyomon evolves into Birdramon for the first time)

Tentomon:
-Fighters:
Kirby - Orange Alt (Resembles Motimon with their similar shapes)
R.O.B. - Red Alt (Resembles Tentomon, uses electric moves often)
Bowser - Red Alt (Resembles MegaKabuterimon, due to their shells and brute force)
Unfortunately i couldn't figure who should Kabuterimon and HerakleKabuterimon be though
-Wrecking Crew stage, Omega form with electric floor to reference Factorial Town, place where Izzy's Tentomon evolves into Kabuterimon

Palmon:
-Fighters
-Piranha Plant - Green Alt (Represents Tanemon, for the sake of giving the plant a spirit battle, and that Tanemon is sometimes found in a planter in Digimon World)
-Ivysaur - Purple Alt (Represents Palmon, uses Up Special a lot to reference its vines)
-Little Mac - Hooded Wireframe (Represents Togemon, which its a cactus boxer and has a similar color scheme, has an Unira to reference the needles)
-Daisy - Purple Alt (Represents Lillymon, has a Super Scope to reference her Flower Cannon attack)
-Bayonetta/ZSS - Red Alt (Represents Rosemon, either Bayonetta due to her lust and that she throws roses everytime she gets hit and ZSS due to Rosemon's affinity with whips)
As a stage it'd be weird if Nintendogs would resemble Toy Town, where Palmon evolves for the first time, so i feel like Distant Planet would be more appropiate

Gomamon
-Fighters
-Pichu - Blue alt (Represents Pichimon, both share very similar names)
-Squirtle with a Freezie - White Alt (Represents Gomamon)
-Corrin - Blue Alt (Represents Ikkakumon)
-King Dedede - Green Alt (Represents Zudomon due to its hammer)
-Bowser - White Alt (Represents Vikemon, having a similar color scheme, and Bowser looks similar to Zudomon)
Fought in the Summit stage to resemble Mount Infinity, where Joe's Gomamon first evolves

Patamon
-Fighters:
-Kirby (Represents Tokomon, favors a lot of Neutral Specials
-Pikachu - Green Alt (Represents Patamon due to their similarities, Green alt has a similar color scheme to Takeru)
-Pit (x3) One of them is Giant - Blue Alt (All of Patamon's evolutions are angels)
Patamon is fought in Nintendogs Stage to resemble the Village of Beginnings, where Takeru's Patamon first evolves

Gatomon
-Fighters
-Isabelle - Yellow Alt (Represents Salamon, which looks like a dog)
-Incineroar - White Alt (Represents Gatomon)
-Palutena - (x2) Purple Alt and Green Alt (Represents Angewomon and Ophanimon)
-Charizard - Pink Alt (Represents Holydramon)
Gatomon is fought in Skyworld, mostly due to the connection with their evolutions

So, yeah those are the spirits i just came up, sorry for the long post lol
Gabumon digivolves into Garurumon at Dragon's Eye Lake and the Yokomon Village in which Biyomon digivolves into Birdramon is located in Gear Savannah. Also, Patamon digivolves into Angemon on Infinity Mountain.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I've been out of loop when it come to Digimon Games since 2001 (when Digimon World came out in Australia), I've been listening to some old tracks from Digimon World and was wondering if there are any tracks specifically you guys would want to see in Smash Ultimate if Agumon got in.
The Main Music tracks for me are File City (Day and Night Medley maybe)
I've listened to the remix in Next Order and love it, makes me want to get back into playing Digimon.
Some songs I'd want to hear;
File City (Day):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILawpjZ14CU&t=108s
File City (Night):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglg4-JDPoY
Digimon World (Ps1) Battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzfvnrSFP7U
^probably more a battle medley as it repeats pretty quickly but I have a lot of memories with the song.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The Anime Expo Digimon panel will start in 1 our!

https://www.twitch.tv/animeexpo

Edit:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition confirmed for Nintendo Switch.
Includes both Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory in one package.
October 18, 2019

Box Art:
D-0BQKpXYAEm-RK.jpg

Digimon Survive delayed to 2020

A brand new Digimon Story is also in development

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Edit:

October 18, 2019

Box Art:
View attachment 230264

a shame about the delay but i am so getting that dual pack a friend of mine got one of them for the ps4 and talked about how great it was

at least i think it was one of them

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Edit:

October 18, 2019

Box Art:
View attachment 230264

I know we usually talk about video games here, but do you know if they said anything about the Digimon Adventure movie, or whatever it was?

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
I really don't want to give hopes to everyone but this really rose Agumon's chances to the roof, now that Digimon is getting 4 games on the Switch, two which are still in development. Again, it's best to hold your hopes back, nothing is guaranteed.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm used to delays at this point, there's been far worse game delay times than this before.

Again, it's best to hold your hopes back, nothing is guaranteed.
This.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of the folks here, but one should temper expectations so that they won't feel despaired or unjustifiably angry. The Crono fans had it bad enough.

That being said, it's nice to see the Switch fans finally get to experience the great Digimon Story games. :grin:

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
I'm used to delays at this point, there's been far worse game delay times than this before.

This.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of the folks here, but one should temper expectations so that they won't feel despaired or unjustifiably angry. The Crono fans had it bad enough.

That being said, it's nice to see the Switch fans finally get to experience the great Digimon Story games. :grin:
Yeah baby! Even if there's no Digimon rep in Smash, its still a win-win situation, because not only Digimon gets to cater a much wider audience with the Switch with 4 games, people who don't own a PS4/Vita can now play the games on the Switch!

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I really don't want to give hopes to everyone but this really rose Agumon's chances to the roof, now that Digimon is getting 4 games on the Switch, two which are still in development. Again, it's best to hold your hopes back, nothing is guaranteed.
Was the new Story game in development being developed for Switch? I thought they said it was being developed for PS4 last time I remember them mentioning it. Though I guess there's a chance that it could come to Switch even if it's for PS4.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice

Edit:

October 18, 2019

Box Art:
View attachment 230264

I heard someone say that Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was coming to PC. Is this true?

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Is Cyber Sleuth worth picking up?
With the game coming to Switch it seems like a good start for getting back into Digimon however I'm not sure if the game is 'good' or not.
just need some opinions about the game, if I'm going to get it I don't really want to watch any playthroughs or walkthroughs of the game I like going into games blind.

Fire Scyther

Smash Cadet
With the game coming to Switch it seems like a good start for getting back into Digimon however I'm not sure if the game is 'good' or not.
just need some opinions about the game, if I'm going to get it I don't really want to watch any playthroughs or walkthroughs of the game I like going into games blind.
I haven't played the game either (I don't own a PS4) and I too like going blind on games I might consider playing (Reason why I havent watched a playthrough of Persona 5 yet), which, speaking of which, the game is built up similarly to it, while also keeping some elements reminiscent to Pokemon, such as Digimon following you and the basic JRPG style of the game, while having a much more mature story. From what I've heard it's absolutely reccomended for you if you like this genre of games and are a fan of Pokemon/Persona/SMT games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive heard very positive things

Graizen

Smash Champion
Amazing game, you will love it for sure.
Its like a mix of Shin Megami Tensei and Pokémon.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
Both cyber sleuth games are Amazing digimon rpgs, I wholeheartedly recommend both of them

Turb0k

Smash Cadet
Started working on an Agumon moveset. Only have specials done so far. He'll also have a meter for Digi-volving. Agumon For Smash!
agumonp1.png

Top Bottom