• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
This whole argument is pointless because Duskmon already has two perfectly good Rookie digimon to digivolve from, Arkadimon and Keramon. Just because he doesn't have the kind of Rookie you think he should have doesn't mean he doesn't have any already. Now lets PLEASE talk about Agumon and ONLY Agumon IE. The Agumon that is a Rookie-level, Reptile-type, Vaccine-attribute Digimon that belongs to the Metal Empire, Nature Spirits, Virus Busters and Unknown Field that commonly has a minimum weight between 15-20Gs, that first appeared in Episode 1 of Digimon Adventure and Digital Monster Ver. 1. Not any of the Subspecies/Variations/"Recolors"/X-Antibody/2006AnimeVersion. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SOME THINGS THAT AREN'T!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Both of those aren't "perfectly good" either. They're for specific Digimon lines that fit their designs better. They also don't fit him all that well design-wise. It's not like with Strabimon, which actually properly fits. The only thing they have in common is "somewhat relates to evil". It'd honestly be better if they just make proper Rookie forms for the rest of the 10 Warriors(well, 11 maybe, since there's two very different designs for the Spirit of Darkness).

Likewise, Lowemon doesn't really have a good Rookie to choose from, either. But that's Digimon's fault in general with having very few feline rookies. Not even Leomon has much of one, to the point he digivolves easily from a mouse.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Both of those aren't "perfectly good" either. They're for specific Digimon lines that fit their designs better. They also don't fit him all that well design-wise. It's not like with Strabimon, which actually properly fits. The only thing they have in common is "somewhat relates to evil". It'd honestly be better if they just make proper Rookie forms for the rest of the 10 Warriors(well, 11 maybe, since there's two very different designs for the Spirit of Darkness).
Likewise, Lowemon doesn't really have a good Rookie to choose from, either. But that's Digimon's fault in general with having very few feline rookies.
Well, if you want to get super technical about it, we don't even know what Agunimon, Kumamon, Kazemon, Beetlemon, Lobomon and Loweemon (or their beast equivalents) actually look like. All we see is how their remnant data manifests when worn by a human, seemingly taking on some of that human's traits. Add to that that each spirit is only half of the original digimon at most and it's not really surprising that none have fully established lines.

Flamemon/Flamon is an annomaly. A part human, part digimon thing regressed to an earlier stage and given a somewhat tribalistic appearance. It is in no way a true rookie to AncientGreymon but it serves the function of one for Takuya's manifestation of his spirit. Its existence felt very wrong in universe but it was meant to. It was the result of a major screwup on a main character's part.

Supposedly, Strabimon is the same thing, more or less, happening to a human wearer of Lobomon. A half-human regression of the spirit when its powers are halved. It's existence was something of a surprise to me.

It does not surprise me, though, that no other such semi-human rookie abberations exist. There was no real reason for them to. Kumamon and the like were never real digimon lines to begin with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, if you want to get super technical about it, we don't even know what Agunimon, Kumamon, Kazemon, Beetlemon, Lobomon and Loweemon (or their beast equivalents) actually look like. All we see is how their remnant data manifests when worn by a human, seemingly taking on some of that human's traits. Add to that that each spirit is only half of the original digimon at most and it's not really surprising that none have fully established lines.

Flamemon/Flamon is an annomaly. A part human, part digimon thing regressed to an earlier stage and given a somewhat tribalistic appearance. It is in no way a true rookie to AncientGreymon but it serves the function of one for Takuya's manifestation of his spirit. Its existence felt very wrong in universe but it was meant to. It was the result of a major screwup on a main character's part.

Supposedly, Strabimon is the same thing, more or less, happening to a human wearer of Lobomon. A half-human regression of the spirit when its powers are halved. It's existence was something of a surprise to me.

It does not surprise me, though, that no other such semi-human rookie abberations exist. There was no real reason for them to. Kumamon and the like were never real digimon lines to begin with.
To be fair, at least Beetlemon has something remotely similar in Kokabuterimon(which it can't come from, heh). Actually, that might be the only one that worked really really well(among the Hybrids without an official rookie form. I do kind of like Tinkermon for the Kazemon line?

I'm looking for Rookies that resemble Duskmon and Velgemon, and the closest was Vorvomon. Black, armored, some ore in its chest that's close to an eye. I'm sure if I keep looking, there might be something closer, maybe a Champion instead.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
please just agree to disagree and stop
I literally had a line of text begging them to get back on topic and they just ignored it. I even put the line in Bold and all Caps!
To the other two come see me behind the school 3:00 and will duke it out, OK?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I get the off-topic bit, but Ryuu and I are calmly discussing it. Not sure where we're trying to hash it out?

Anyway, considering how they do it in the anime lately for Digivolution, I think they might stick with the Egg transformations.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I literally had a line of text begging them to get back on topic and they just ignored it. I even put the line in Bold and all Caps!
You had that line of text at the end of a rant, prefaced by a whole segment where you rejected our opinions out of hand using an absurd, paper-thin counterargument, which you stated as though it were fact. And then you tried to make out that we were being stubborn and unreasonable.

You were also the one who first put forward an idea for a dream Rumble roster. All I did was take that a little further, explain my choices and then try to decipher others' stances on the matter.

If, at any point, I came across as insulting towards the digital companion that you feel a connection with, I am genuinely sorry. But you never provided any convincing argument or added anything to the discussion that you started. All you did was aggressively attempt to shut us down again and again, while insulting our intellegence as you did so. To the point where it genuinely felt like people weren't getting along in here.

Notice how your idea of what the roster should be hasn't changed at all, while we've quite clearly moved on from what was my headcanon to consider what an actual regressed form of Duskmon or Loweemon would look like. You're the stubborn one here and it's your highly unfriendly attitude that has given us cause to ignore your demands. Not your post, though. Chinderblock openly responded to that.

So, before you leap on fogbadge for doing what you did, have a look at how you did it, how he did it and what the difference is. Because I'd much rather listen to fogbadge.

And, while I was actually quite invested in the conversation that we were having, it is clear to me that you're only going to continue to worsen it and that noone wants the resulting mess.

So, onto the next controversial but rather more on topic topic: Who here agrees that Xross Wars had the best Greymon design?

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Warned for flaming
Question, if you could have any canon Digimon, besides Agumon, in SSBU which Digimon would you like? I personally would like to have either Palmon or Lilimon.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Je nes pa de fronshwa.

I once had a very vivid dream of carrying my enemies off the sides with Patamon's multijump Thousand Wing chain. His 3 aerial jumps, ability to use the move between each and the addition of a small upward recovery in the form of Pretty Rush made him very dangerous at the edge of a stage.
Yet, despite his fast and agile attacks, his actual movement speed, especially in the air, was rather bad. And his upward recovery was about half that of other fighters, balanced out by a very slow normal fall speed.
His best movement would always come from attacking but, in doing so, he'd open up opportunities for a response if he wasn't careful.

He was such a fun, active, fluid character to play as who's use just came naturally to me so, when I woke up, I was quite dissapointed that my main wasn't in any of the 3 current Smash games.

I would definitely pick Patamon. I could not see myself playing anyone over him, if given the choice. Not even Angemon.

But this isn't an Adventure 01 Agumon discussion now is it? :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I really don't think we can. Like, sure, try not to make it the focus but Agumon without anime content would be like Ryu without his Hadouken or Shoryuken. It's what the character is known for and an integral part of who they are, even if you could make a moveset without it.
here was me thinking we had enough video game stuff to work with, strictly speaking there are more than one agumon and lets face it in smash they dont always use what characters are known for, im fairly certain theres enough stuff from the video games not to have to broow from the anime

Question, if you could have any canon Digimon, besides Agumon, in SSBU which Digimon would you like? I personally would like to have either Palmon or Lilimon. Also, pardon my french but **** YOU ryuu seika.
which canon?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So, onto the next controversial but rather more on topic topic: Who here agrees that Xross Wars had the best Greymon design?
*Raises hand*
Heh, I've got a soft spot for ol' Xros Greymon myself. Part of it is because I prefer the original Blue Virus MetalGreymon over the orange variant that the Anime made standard.

To be honest, while I do love classic Greymon quite a bit, I do kinda like Xros Greymon's design a little better for the same reason I kinda like GeoGreymon a little more than the classic design. It's a bit edgier than the classic design yes, but I do kinda think the sleeker proportions and spikes makes it look a bit more threatening and badass, which goes for both Xros and Geo Greymon. Don't get me wrong though, Classic Greymon is iconic and charming, and I wouldn't want them to replace it or anything.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I am refereeing to https://wikimon.net/Agumon this Agumon. The way Digimon works every thing is canon except fan-made Digimon. If it has a page on Wikimon and isn't listed as an Appmon or Digital Lifeform, it is a canon Digimon, except for Unreleased Digimon.

I once had a very vivid dream of carrying my enemies off the sides with Patamon's multijump Thousand Wing chain. His 3 aerial jumps, ability to use the move between each and the addition of a small upward recovery in the form of Pretty Rush made him very dangerous at the edge of a stage.
Yet, despite his fast and agile attacks, his actual movement speed, especially in the air, was rather bad. And his upward recovery was about half that of other fighters, balanced out by a very slow normal fall speed.
His best movement would always come from attacking but, in doing so, he'd open up opportunities for a response if he wasn't careful.

He was such a fun, active, fluid character to play as who's use just came naturally to me so, when I woke up, I was quite dissapointed that my main wasn't in any of the 3 current Smash games.

I would definitely pick Patamon. I could not see myself playing anyone over him, if given the choice. Not even Angemon.
I used Patamon in Digimon Rumble Arena and the best thing about him is his Slamming Attack in which he jumps into the opponent and then spins three times hitting them with his ears. His movement speed in the air is bad because he can only fly at 1 km/h.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I used Patamon in Digimon Rumble Arena and the best thing about him is his Slamming Attack in which he jumps into the opponent and then spins three times hitting them with his ears. His movement speed in the air is bad because he can only fly at 1 km/h.
Within RA2 he actually has great air maneuvreability due to having a sidewise slam, a down slam, a diagionally upward slam in the form of Pretty Attack (Pretty Rush) and a slow-rising straight upward attack (Thousand Wings) that covers his entirety with hitbox. His canon air movement is attrocious and that's what I was referencing in my description of how I seem him functioning in Smash but, as one of the most agile characters in the Rumble series, that doesn't really come across in his current video game appearances.

Graizen

Smash Champion
oh i just play as my favourite characters and not worry about how they play

Let's put all points for Agumon together:

- Digimon Survive on the Switch in 2019
- Digimon Adventure 20 Aniversary
- Digimon Survive needs more info, we don't have any for about 6 months now
- Brave = It's his crest
- Stats are good for him
- Digimon Staff said they have "Big News" for the next months, but they can't show it yet
- Next Digimon Big event happens near E3 2019

Forgot something?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

- Brave = It's his crest
- Stats are good for him
- Digimon Staff said they have "Big News" for the next months, but they can't show it yet

Forgot something?
ok but why did you direct that at me?

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

- Brave = It's his crest
- Stats are good for him

Forgot something?
It definitely all adds up

Graizen

Smash Champion
This whole argument is pointless because Duskmon already has two perfectly good Rookie digimon to digivolve from, Arkadimon and Keramon. Just because he doesn't have the kind of Rookie you think he should have doesn't mean he doesn't have any already. Now lets PLEASE talk about Agumon and ONLY Agumon IE. The Agumon that is a Rookie-level, Reptile-type, Vaccine-attribute Digimon that belongs to the Metal Empire, Nature Spirits, Virus Busters and Unknown Field that commonly has a minimum weight between 15-20Gs, that first appeared in Episode 1 of Digimon Adventure and Digital Monster Ver. 1. Not any of the Subspecies/Variations/"Recolors"/X-Antibody/2006AnimeVersion. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY AND SOME THINGS THAT AREN'T!

Likewise, Lowemon doesn't really have a good Rookie to choose from, either. But that's Digimon's fault in general with having very few feline rookies. Not even Leomon has much of one, to the point he digivolves easily from a mouse.

It's going to be so hype when Agumon finally makes it into Smash Bros
I mean, that’s why this thread exists.
please just agree to disagree and stop
*Raises hand*
Heh, I've got a soft spot for ol' Xros Greymon myself. Part of it is because I prefer the original Blue Virus MetalGreymon over the orange variant that the Anime made standard.

To be honest, while I do love classic Greymon quite a bit, I do kinda like Xros Greymon's design a little better for the same reason I kinda like GeoGreymon a little more than the classic design. It's a bit edgier than the classic design yes, but I do kinda think the sleeker proportions and spikes makes it look a bit more threatening and badass, which goes for both Xros and Geo Greymon. Don't get me wrong though, Classic Greymon is iconic and charming, and I wouldn't want them to replace it or anything.
Digimon Adventure completes 20 years at March 6 2019

We will probably get some good news about Digimon at this day

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
The good thing about Digimon in general is the branching evolution paths. With Agumon, I can just take the Sukamon route to get myself Etemon and then MetalEtemon.

Agumon has my full support.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Hey guys , little theory

This Egg is a Teaser for the next character

DzbD8B8UYAABaxF.jpg

And it's just like a Digimon Egg

001 Digi-EggPichimon_Custom.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:
Top Bottom