• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Up0n

Smash Cadet
This would be awesome cause there's so much possibility for expansion with new digimon additions and possibly an evolution as a FS xD

ryuu seika

Smash Master
That's why I said I want them to combined the rosters from all three games together.
That would mean, in order of their line's first appearance:

Agumon → Wargreymon
Agumon → Greymon → Wargreymon
Gabumon → Metalgarurumon
Gabumon → Garurumon → Metalgarurumon
Patamon → Seraphimon
Patamon → Angemon → Magnaangemon
Gatomon → Magnadramon
Gatomon → Nefertimon → Angewomon
Gatomon → Angewomon/Examon
Veemon → Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Veemon → Flamedramon → Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Veemon → Exveemon/Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Wormmon → Stingmon
Wormmon → Stingmon/Imperialdramon Fighter Mode
Guilmon → Gallantmon
Guilmon → Growlmon → Gallantmon
Guilmon → Wargrowlmon/Gallantmon
Renamon → Sakuyamon
Terriermon → Megagargomon
Impmon → Beelzemon Blast Mode
Impmon → Beelzemon/Shoutmon X5B
Omnimon
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode
Blackwargreymon
Blackagumon → Blackgreymon → Blackwargreymon
Reapermon
Biyomon → Birdramon → Garudamon
Biyomon → Hōōhmon/Examon
Flamemon → Agunimon → Burninggreymon
Gomamon → Ikkakumon → Zudomon
Gomamon → Plesiomon/Aegisdramon
Palmon → Togemon → Lillymon
Tentomon → Kabuterimon → Megakabuterimon
Tentomon → Megakabuterimon/Tyrantkabuterimon
Blackgabumon → Blackgarurumon → Blackmetalgarurumon
Blackguilmon → Blackgrowlmon → Chaosgallantmon
Duskmon
Diaboromon
Malomyotismon
Neemon
Shoutmon → Omnishoutmon/Shoutmon DX
Dorulumon -> Shoutmon X4/Shoutmon X5B

I think we can simplify that down a bit and reorder them, though. Maybe tweak it a little, too:

Adventure 1
Agumon → Greymon → Wargreymon
Blackagumon → Skullgreymon → Blackwargreymon
Gabumon → Garurumon → Metalgarurumon
Biyomon → Birdramon → Hōōhmon
Patamon → Angemon → Seraphimon
Gomamon → Ikkakumon → Vikemon
Tentomon → Kabuterimon → Herculeskabuterimon
Palmon → Togemon → Rosemon
Gatomon → Angewomon → Ophanimon
Demidevimon → Devimon → Malomyotismon
Keramon → Infermon → Diaboromon
Elecmon → Leomon → Bancholeomon

Adventure 2
Veemon → Flamedramon → Magnamon
Wormmon → Stingmon → Grandiskuwagamon

Tamers
Guilmon → Growlmon → Megidramon
Goldguilmon → Goldgrowlmon → Gallantmon (gold)
Terriermon → Gargomon → Megagargomon
Renamon → Kyuubimon → Sakuyamon
Monodramon → Cyberdramon → Justimon
Impmon → Baalmon → Beelzemon

Frontier
Flamemon → Agunimon → Burninggreymon
Strabimon → Lobomon → Beowolfmon
Blackstrabimon → Duskmon → Velgemon
Lopmon -> Antylamon -> Cherubimon
Lucemon -> Lucemon Chaos Mode -> Lucemon Shadowlord Mode

Data Squad
Agumon → Geogreymon → Shinegreymon
Gaomon → Gaogamon → Miragegaogamon
Psychemon → Astamon → Belphemon Rage Mode

Xross Wars
Shoutmon → Omnishoutmon → Shoutmon DX
Dorulumon → YeagerDorulumon → Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode
Dracomon → Coredramon → Examon
Gumdramon → Arresterdramon → Arresterdramon Superior Mode

X Evolution
Dorumon → Dorugamon → Alphamon

Rumble Series
Kotemon → Kyukimon → Reapermon

For a total of 34 lines, including clones "echo digimon", every major protagonist digimon and just about everything from every prior version. Do note, though, that the gold version of Guilmon has been included over the black for logical reasons (viral versions of virus types don't make sense) and Psychemon replaces Blackgabumon because noone had any attachment to the original.

Other forms like Omnimon and Imperialdramon would be unlocked if two players of the right characters transformed to mega at the same time in a three or more player fight. Under such conditions, they would be very powerful but only able to act if both players made the input. Reduced power versions would then become playable in mega-only fights.

And, finally, I would like to put forward the idea of Marcus in the mega only mode, with power increasing as his digivolve meter fills and a laser beam special move.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon songs are coming along with Agumon for Smash. Which games would you like to have music in the game?

World Series
Story Series
Rumble Series
Other ones?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Digimon songs are coming along with Agumon for Smash. Which games would you like to have music in the game?

World Series
Story Series
Rumble Series
Other ones?
All of the Above.

Yes even Digimon World 4. Despite hating the replay-value of that game, & hating how Digivolution were handled, I still like a track or two from that game that I feel could be worth a listen in Smash.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
unfortunately i cant remember digimon tunes from the games ive played (and im avoiding video sharing sites for the moment) although i do remember a theme that played in battle spirit when you digivolved that be worked into a medley

Graizen

Smash Champion
Using the scale of characters in Banjo-Kazooie for the sake of an argument doesn't work that well, since most NPCs are really big there. For example, take Humba Wumba, who has it almost as bad as K. Rool in terms of scale inconsistency, since she's practically an amazon in Tooie, yet is much smaller in Nuts & Bolts.

Then there's the other humanoid characters that haven't been rescaled, like Grunty and Blackeye.
unfortunately i cant remember digimon tunes from the games ive played (and im avoiding video sharing sites for the moment) although i do remember a theme that played in battle spirit when you digivolved that be worked into a medley
In Digimon World 1 if you bring Giromon to the City he opens a "Music Box" inside the restaurant.
You can hear every music of the game there.
But for some reason the game freezes in some regions when you use the Music Box.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we're talking about Psychemon, I feel it bests evolves into Gururumon, which are basically both purplish palette swaps of Gabumon and Garurumon. BlackGabumon has a full line of the Black variants to go with. Then you just need a decent Ultimate and you could easily go with Z'dGarurumon. Astamon honestly feels like a decent counterpart to WereGarurumon(and coincidentally can come from Gururumon. In fact, Psychemon does warp digivolve into Astamon in Fusion/Xros Wars' canon. Not a fan of its Mega, though).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In Digimon World 1 if you bring Giromon to the City he opens a "Music Box" inside the restaurant.
You can hear every music of the game there.
But for some reason the game freezes in some regions when you use the Music Box.
never did get that one

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice

World Series
Story Series
Rumble Series
Other ones?
From Digimon Battle Spirits 2, I would like them to bring the opening because it's a 36bit? instrumental of Digimon Frontiers first opening "With the Will".

I'm sorry, I had no idea. What draws you to him, though? Does he have an established character anywhere? I was under the impression that he was basically a Rumble original.
BlackGabumon debuted in Digital Monster Card Game - Starter Set Ver. 3(April 2000), Rumble Arena 2 was released 2004. BlackAgumon debuted in the same Set. In my eyes BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon are a packaged deal you can't have one with out the other. BlackGabumon and BlackAgumon are two of my 8 partner Digimon in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory.

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
From Digimon Battle Spirits 2, I would like them to bring the opening because it's a 36bit? instrumental of Digimon Frontiers first opening "With the Will".

BlackGabumon debuted in Digital Monster Card Game - Starter Set Ver. 3(April 2000), Rumble Arena 2 was released 2004. BlackAgumon debuted in the same Set. In my eyes BlackAgumon and BlackGabumon are a packaged deal you can't have one with out the other. BlackGabumon and BlackAgumon are two of my 8 partner Digimon in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory.
And they come together to form omnimon zwart

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And they come together to form omnimon zwart
From the digimon wiki:
"Omnimon Zwart is a Holy Knight Digimon. A member of the Royal Knights that is fused from WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon with the will of those who wish for good. Combining the qualities of both, this Digimon is a flexible fighter. In recent years, it was discovered that if the secretion "Black Digitron" is mixed in with an Omnimon while it is in the process of fusion, it will be temporarily born as a black holy knight. It displays a further increase in power, beginning with the weapons on both of its arms."

Which would make him a literal recolour. The only reason that BlackAgumon is passable as a character, IMO, is because he has an actual, established character in universe. BlackStrabimon is non-canon but should, logically, exist as the demi-human rookie of Duskmon (especially given the connection to Lobomon) and would, in doing so, have a totally unique line. And GoldGuilmon is the inverse situation, with a virus type becoming non-viral, but, despite the appeal of that, he wouldn't have made my list were Megidramon not worthy of inclusion seperate to Gallantmon, IMO.

Omnimon Zwart has no reason that I know of to be a standalone fighter over a costume and I have yet to see any evidence for BlackGabumon having one, either. The unlocks in Rumble Arena 2 being all "echoes" and standalone megas felt like a major copout and was one of the things I felt really brought the game down in apparent quality.

If we're talking about Psychemon, I feel it bests evolves into Gururumon, which are basically both purplish palette swaps of Gabumon and Garurumon. BlackGabumon has a full line of the Black variants to go with. Then you just need a decent Ultimate and you could easily go with Z'dGarurumon. Astamon honestly feels like a decent counterpart to WereGarurumon(and coincidentally can come from Gururumon. In fact, Psychemon does warp digivolve into Astamon in Fusion/Xros Wars' canon. Not a fan of its Mega, though).
Interesting but I would prefer to distinguish the viral lines where possible and Gururumon, ultimately, looks VERY similar to Garurumon.
Honestly, I have no recollection of Xross Wars' Psychemon or Astamon at all (was it in Tamers Who Leapt Through Time?) but this would seem to suggest that my plans for a more unique viral Gabumon are non-viable.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting but I would prefer to distinguish the viral lines where possible and Gururumon, ultimately, looks VERY similar to Garurumon.
Honestly, I have no recollection of Xross Wars' Psychemon or Astamon at all (was it in Tamers Who Leapt Through Time?) but this would seem to suggest that my plans for a more unique viral Gabumon are non-viable.
Garurumon and Gururumon are different colors(admittedly not highly different, but it should be noted only one can be Virus. The other thing is they both have near identical name meanings, so it's fitting they're severely similar). Psychemon looks like a viral counterpart that has a purplish design(despite not literally being a Virus attribute. Though to be fair, it looks like one and canonically digivolves into a Virus type. Kind of surprised it can't be one... yet). And yes, it was that particular part of Xros Wars(which never got dubbed). The only part of the line that isn't viral would be Z'dGarurumon, but he actually looks like a fitting Mega for Astamon, who is a gun-wielding wolf-like monster. It's not an official one, mind you. Also, Z'dGarurumon can come from quite a few Virus Digimon as well.

There isn't really a species among the Gabumon variants that are viral and not recolors. The closest that aren't recolors at best is the X-Antibody line, but it's nothing to write home about.

That said, I forgot there was a BlackStrabimon. I mean, it works pretty well for Duskmon/Lowemon's Rookie form.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Garurumon and Gururumon are different colors(admittedly not highly different, but it should be noted only one can be Virus. The other thing is they both have near identical name meanings, so it's fitting they're severely similar). Psychemon looks like a viral counterpart that has a purplish design(despite not literally being a Virus attribute. Though to be fair, it looks like one and canonically digivolves into a Virus type. Kind of surprised it can't be one... yet). And yes, it was that particular part of Xros Wars(which never got dubbed). The only part of the line that isn't viral would be Z'dGarurumon, but he actually looks like a fitting Mega for Astamon, who is a gun-wielding wolf-like monster. It's not an official one, mind you. Also, Z'dGarurumon can come from quite a few Virus Digimon as well.

There isn't really a species among the Gabumon variants that are viral and not recolors. The closest that aren't recolors at best is the X-Antibody line, but it's nothing to write home about.

That said, I forgot there was a BlackStrabimon. I mean, it works pretty well for Duskmon/Lowemon's Rookie form.
There is no BlackStrabimon.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No wonder I forgot. Never existed. Was it just a regular costume color, then?
Strabimon exists in various media such as the card game and is officially Lobomon's rookie. BlackStrabimon is a non-canon addition to my roster because of how specifically fitting it would be for Duskmon. Duskmon never officially had a Rookie and no black version of Strabimon ever officially existed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Strabimon exists in various media such as the card game and is officially Lobomon's rookie. BlackStrabimon is a non-canon addition to my roster because of how specifically fitting it would be for Duskmon. Duskmon never officially had a Rookie and no black version of Strabimon ever officially existed.
Then I totally misread.

I do agree with it being a good recolor idea. What's your thought on a good rookie for Lowemon. The same one?

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Then I totally misread.

I do agree with it being a good recolor idea. What's your thought on a good rookie for Lowemon. The same one?
There's that word again, Recolor. Even though never once has Digimon ever referred to them as Recolors, and it makes me mad that people call them that. I say and I stand by this; there is no such thing as a recolor until Bandai Namco officially calls them that. So please refrain from calling them that. Thank You!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's that word again, Recolor. Even though never once has Digimon ever referred to them as Recolors, and it makes me mad that people call them that. I say and I stand by this; there is no such thing as a recolor until Bandai Namco officially calls them that. So please refrain from calling them that. Thank You!
That's many of their origins. Simple recolors. Psychemon, for instance, was literally a purple Gabumon with no unique name in any way. You could call it many things, including a recolor, like "Purple Gabumon" if you wanted. After Digimon World, it gained an actual proper name and identity of some sort. It did not start as a unique Digimon beyond being a literal recolor. Which applies to just about every single enemy Digimon in Digimon World. Some are so much of a palette swap that the only difference is "let's add a crown" and call them something new. But at least they were introduced as those(KingSukamon, for instance), and those were proper Digimon instead of just recolors first.

People call it that because it's an accurate description. Nobody is using it as a negative term. I don't even get why this is an issue. It's not like Bandai does much to really note why them being recolors has a point. They barely describe more than half of them. But it doesn't change how some originated as recolors and became official Digimon later.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
That's many of their origins. Simple recolors. Psychemon, for instance, was literally a purple Gabumon with no unique name in any way. You could call it many things, including a recolor, like "Purple Gabumon" if you wanted. After Digimon World, it gained an actual proper name and identity of some sort. It did not start as a unique Digimon beyond being a literal recolor. Which applies to just about every single enemy Digimon in Digimon World. Some are so much of a palette swap that the only difference is "let's add a crown" and call them something new. But at least they were introduced as those(KingSukamon, for instance), and those were proper Digimon instead of just recolors first.

People call it that because it's an accurate description. Nobody is using it as a negative term. I don't even get why this is an issue. It's not like Bandai does much to really note why them being recolors has a point. They barely describe more than half of them. But it doesn't change how some originated as recolors and became official Digimon later.
But that's the thing when they were introduced they were Unobtainable Digimon Variants not recolors. Never have they officially been called recolors and I'll say it again, there is no such thing as a recolor until Bandai Namco officially calls them that. And 90% of people are using it as a negative term.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But that's the thing when they were introduced they were Unobtainable Digimon Variants not recolors. Never have they officially been called recolors and I'll say it again, there is no such thing as a recolor until Bandai Namco officially calls them that. And 90% of people are using it as a negative term.
...They're literally recolors. That's many of their origins. Bandai-Namco doesn't need to call them that because it's common sense. They fully are aware of that. And they don't show any reason to care. To the point they'll literally name stuff via colors alone. Sistermon Blanc, for instance, is just that. It means Sister Monster White. Again, Growmon(Orange). Saying that isn't a recolor when that's exactly what it is. They don't even need to say it because they know what's going on. Why bother? It's not like it's an issue. Tons of rpg-related games do it all the time. And it's not an issue at all. Here, let me show you an example of where they even say "color" in the official Digimon Reference Book;

"A Growmon that became an orange-colored Data-type. Compared to the Virus-type, its usual personality is calmer, but it will quickly become agitated if something occurs. Its Special Move is spewing out a powerful blaze with a roar (Exhaust Flame)."

Can't get more blatant than that. Also, for the record, even the dub does away with stuff like "Black" sometimes. ToyAgumon and ShadowToyAgumon are literally the same Digimion in the dub. They introduced the dark variant in Fusion literally by the name ToyAgumon. That was it. It was obviously ToyAGumon (Black) as well. Which is more the point that they don't really care about the fact they're recolors. It doesn't matter. And it never really will.

Yeah, that's just being silly for the sake of it. Recolors isn't negative at all in any inherent way. Nor is that how people often use it. Nor was it used that way among this thread, as that wasn't even the point people were making. It literally means it's the same model or sprite recolored using another base. People were talking about them as good ideas to be a potential Rookie or how to use them in a unique way.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Strabimon lupine based and designed as a "lesser" Lobomon?

A hypothetical "Rookie" state for Duskmon shouldn't be just a black version of that considering Duskmon isn't related to Lobomon whatsoever in appearance or basis of design. Rather he's more dark dragon-themed with the dragon heads for arms where the blades come from as well as Velgemon being a Wyvern.

But that's just my two cents.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice

A hypothetical "Rookie" state for Duskmon shouldn't be just a black version of that considering Duskmon isn't related to Lobomon whatsoever in appearance or basis of design. Rather he's more dark dragon-themed with the dragon heads for arms where the blades come from as well as Velgemon being a Wyvern.

Duskmon's armor on his arms doesn't look like a dragon to me, plus Velgrmon isn't a wyvern he's a Giant Eagle. Also, Wyverns aren't Dragons.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Duskmon's armor on his arms doesn't look like a dragon to me, plus Velgrmon isn't a wyvern he's a Giant Eagle. Also, Wyverns aren't Dragons.
Wyverns are typically considered a distinct subset of dragons, much like vouivere and wyrms. They are, hoever, definitely not the typical sort, or what Velgemon is. The norse mythology on which it was based favoured birds and wyrms over wyverns.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
...They're literally recolors. That's many of their origins. Bandai-Namco doesn't need to call them that because it's common sense. They fully are aware of that. And they don't show any reason to care. To the point they'll literally name stuff via colors alone. Sistermon Blanc, for instance, is just that. It means Sister Monster White. Again, Growmon(Orange). Saying that isn't a recolor when that's exactly what it is. They don't even need to say it because they know what's going on. Why bother? It's not like it's an issue. Tons of rpg-related games do it all the time. And it's not an issue at all. Here, let me show you an example of where they even say "color" in the official Digimon Reference Book;

"A Growmon that became an orange-colored Data-type. Compared to the Virus-type, its usual personality is calmer, but it will quickly become agitated if something occurs. Its Special Move is spewing out a powerful blaze with a roar (Exhaust Flame)."

Can't get more blatant than that. Also, for the record, even the dub does away with stuff like "Black" sometimes. ToyAgumon and ShadowToyAgumon are literally the same Digimion in the dub. They introduced the dark variant in Fusion literally by the name ToyAgumon. That was it. It was obviously ToyAGumon (Black) as well. Which is more the point that they don't really care about the fact they're recolors. It doesn't matter. And it never really will.

Yeah, that's just being silly for the sake of it. Recolors isn't negative at all in any inherent way. Nor is that how people often use it. Nor was it used that way among this thread, as that wasn't even the point people were making. It literally means it's the same model or sprite recolored using another base. People were talking about them as good ideas to be a potential Rookie or how to use them in a unique way.
Say you have two foxes, they are identical in every way except one is reddish-brown and the other is white, that doesn't make the white one a recolor of the reddish-brown one or vice-versa. Also Sistermon Blanc is a terrible example because she looks nothing like the other two Sistermon, The only Sistermon that could be considered a recolor is Sistermon Ciel and even then she's actually a redesign of Sistermon Noir due to a censor.

Wyverns are typically considered a distinct subset of dragons, much like vouivere and wyrms. They are, however, definitely not the typical sort, or what Velgemon is. The norse mythology on which it was based favoured birds and wyrms over wyverns.
Distinction from dragons
Wyverns are very similar to dragons, and in many languages, cultures and contexts no clear distinction is made between the two. Since the sixteenth century, in English, Scottish, and Irish heraldry, the key difference has been that a wyvern has two legs, whereas a dragon has four.
Velgrmon is named after Hræsvelgr a giant who takes the form of an eagle. A vouivere or Guivre also isn't a dragon, it's just dragon like. Wyrms also know as Wurms are in fact dragons

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

This is a good point. Though do remember that the other line is a line of Lion-related Digimion. So maybe some kind of Chimera instead?

Not like Kimeramon, obviously. He's more like the alchemy-based version compared to the lore version, which is often a Lion, Dragon, and... I forget the last head. Snake, I think? Considering he was manipulated, the snake bit fits a little too. Perhaps ChibiKimeramon for a name? I forget what the other names for Chimera were, or if they were related species. I mean, I know Hydra is another name for Monster, but I don't think they're all too-related, despite some draconic natures.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
This is a good point. Though do remember that the other line is a line of Lion-related Digimion. So maybe some kind of Chimera instead?

Not like Kimeramon, obviously. He's more like the alchemy-based version compared to the lore version, which is often a Lion, Dragon, and... I forget the last head. Snake, I think? Considering he was manipulated, the snake bit fits a little too. Perhaps ChibiKimeramon for a name? I forget what the other names for Chimera were, or if they were related species. I mean, I know Hydra is another name for Monster, but I don't think they're all too-related, despite some draconic natures.
The Hydra is a multi-headed serpent similar that grows two more heads for every one you cut off. The Chimera was a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Hydra is a multi-headed serpent similar that grows two more heads for every one you cut off. The Chimera was a fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.
well the term chimera is used in pop culture to refer to things made up of mulitple animals like kimeramon i think cinderblock is describing the d&d version

ironically you are describing the earliest known version of the chimera and the more commonly known version of the hydra

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Say you have two foxes, they are identical in every way except one is reddish-brown and the other is white, that doesn't make the white one a recolor of the reddish-brown one or vice-versa.
Gonna stop you right there and tell you that albinism is, in fact, a recolour
well the term chimera is used in pop culture to refer to things made up of mulitple animals like kimeramon i think cinderblock is describing the d&d version
ironically you are describing the earliest known version of the chimera and the more commonly known version of the hydra
A chimera, in the colloquial sense, is any chimeric (comprised of multiple animals) creature. A chimera, in the proper sense, is a fusion of goat, lion and snake, often possessing multiple heads but never more than those three. Think a lion with a goat's head on its head and the front end of a snake for a tail. Maybe hooves. Maybe scales in places. Yes, there are more specific and traditional interpretations but that's what the proper chimera has become.

Duskmon is in no way dragon themed. Instead, his multiple heads design is lifted straight from Cerberumon, the dog-based ultimate that digivolved into AncientSphinxmon and eventually became Koichi's spirit totem. Where Velgemon's norse eagle inspiration comes in, I do not know, but AncientSphinxmon is the basis for his entire purified line, so the corrupted line's connection to the more hellish guardian beast only makes sense, IMO.

This means that Duskmon, while a little subtley so, is, in fact, lupine.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How did I forget the goat? Whoops.

Hydra can also just mean "monster", anyway. But yes, as noted, there's more than one version of the creature in itself.

I was describing two separate ones. The ones from things like Full Metal Alchemist is "any two or more creatures"(born from alchem, and the one in DnD has 2 specific heads, as noted before(though I remember that one having 3... it might be depending the specific game version. A lot of monsters change designs). Some have 3 actual heads too, like in Golden Sun. But that's the point, that there is no "official design that everything uses". Kimeramon is pretty much designed after the idea of taking parts from different creatures, not a specific variation of the monster's design. Which is still how it's normally used.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A chimera, in the colloquial sense, is any chimeric (comprised of multiple animals) creature. A chimera, in the proper sense, is a fusion of goat, lion and snake, often possessing multiple heads but never more than those three. Think a lion with a goat's head on its head and the front end of a snake for a tail. Maybe hooves. Maybe scales in places. Yes, there are more specific and traditional interpretations but that's what the proper chimera has become.
ok but i know all that

I was describing two separate ones. The ones from things like Full Metal Alchemist is "any two or more creatures"(born from alchem, and the one in DnD has 2 specific heads, as noted before(though I remember that one having 3... it might be depending the specific game version. A lot of monsters change designs). Some have 3 actual heads too, like in Golden Sun. But that's the point, that there is no "official design that everything uses". Kimeramon is pretty much designed after the idea of taking parts from different creatures, not a specific variation of the monster's design. Which is still how it's normally used.
it was just a guess

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Gonna stop you right there and tell you that albinism is, in fact, a recolor

Duskmon is in no way dragon themed. Instead, his multiple heads design is lifted straight from Cerberumon, the dog-based ultimate that digivolved into AncientSphinxmon and eventually became Koichi's spirit totem. Where Velgemon's norse eagle inspiration comes in, I do not know, but AncientSphinxmon is the basis for his entire purified line, so the corrupted line's connection to the more hellish guardian beast only makes sense, IMO.

This means that Duskmon, while a little subtley so, is, in fact, lupine.
Albinism is a rare group of genetic disorders that cause the skin, hair, or eyes to have little or no color, and I was referring two the Snow Fox. The Chimera was a fire-breathing hybrid creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of more than one animal. It is usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that might end with a snake's head, and was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaena Hydra. Duskmon would be Canine/Feline not Lupine.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Albinism is a rare group of genetic disorders that cause the skin, hair, or eyes to have little or no color, and I was referring two the Snow Fox.
Which is what, compared to other foxes? Is it a separate species that evolved independantly like "red" and grey squirrels or is it an environmental adaptation like "white" people. If it's the latter, that's a recolour.

Also, Duskmon is definitely not feline, even if his purified line is.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Duskmon's own line seems to be more avian in comparison to his feline purified form. Hmm, maybe something Manticore-related as a potential rookie?

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Which is what, compared to other foxes? Is it a separate species that evolved independantly like "red" and grey squirrels or is it an environmental adaptation like "white" people. If it's the latter, that's a recolour.

Also, Duskmon is definitely not feline, even if his purified line is.
Clearly you flunked science. Duskmon is humanoid and Velgrmon is a Giant Eagle.

Duskmon's own line seems to be more avian in comparison to his feline purified form. Hmm, maybe something Manticore-related as a potential rookie?
The manticore is a Persian legendary creature similar to the Egyptian sphinx that proliferated in western European medieval art as well. It has the head of a human, body of a lion and a tail of venomous spines similar to porcupine quills, while other depictions have it with the tail of a scorpion. There are some accounts that the spines can be shot like arrows, thus making the manticore a lethal predator. It eats its victims whole, using its triple rows of teeth, and leaves no bones behind.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Clearly you flunked science. Duskmon is humanoid and Velgrmon is a Giant Eagle.
What's the basis for that statement and what's your point? Lobomon is humanoid and we all agreed that he was lupine, being humanoid has no bearing on what class of animal you are in Digimon.
And, as for Velgemon, he might be avian but no other member of his family is. He does, however, share the same heads on shoulders design that we see in Duskmon, Loweemon and Cerberumon. That appears to be the most consistent part of both the purified and corrupted spirit of darkness lines.

Top Bottom