• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well , the problem continues.
Becouse Banjo is tall, he is almost the size of Donkey Kong.
Congo in his original game, who I believe was supposed to be representative of a DK character, was roughly twice his height. Banjo is marginally taller than Diddy.

Erdrick is way too tall to be Brave. Brave has a height of 13, same as Ness and Lucas.
Brave also has a biological hit sound, implying a lack of armour.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Using the scale of characters in Banjo-Kazooie for the sake of an argument doesn't work that well, since most NPCs are really big there. For example, take Humba Wumba, who has it almost as bad as K. Rool in terms of scale inconsistency, since she's practically an amazon in Tooie, yet is much smaller in Nuts & Bolts.

Then there's the other humanoid characters that haven't been rescaled, like Grunty and Blackeye.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Congo in his original game, who I believe was supposed to be representative of a DK character, was roughly twice his height. Banjo is marginally taller than Diddy.

Brave also has a biological hit sound, implying a lack of armour.
This thing about the biological sound is interesting

What if they are holding on Digimon Survive info to announce it in a Nintendo Direct together with Agumon joining Smash

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Not gonna lie, I was breezing through the pages and I'm caught up now.

Wow. *Whew* I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't holding out hope. The idea of Agumon in smash feels exhilarating! I was thinking of Digimon music they could go with & just from the games alone:

-Digimon World 1
  • Beetle Land (Day)
  • Mt. Infinity
  • Mt. Infinity Last Room
-Digimon Rumble Arena 1
  • Freezy Arctic
  • Badguy's Festival
  • Out In The Country
  • Butterfly (Nostalgia levels maximum. It doesn't have to be this Butterfly version, but it works!)
  • Brave Heart (Again, nostalgia. Doesn't have to be this version)
Agumon's victory theme at the end of a match could be the Tournament Victory or the Tournament Battle Win themes played from winning a tourney in Digimon World 1. Or any other themes that work well too!

I'd like to hear this song remixed in Ultimate as well. If it needs other tracks to form a medley of sort, then I'm fine with that too.
-

What music tracks would you all like to see in the game if Agumon makes it in smash?

Graizen

Smash Champion

Wow. *Whew* I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't holding out hope. The idea of Agumon in smash feels exhilarating! I was thinking of Digimon music they could go with & just from the games alone:

-Digimon World 1
  • Beetle Land (Day)
  • Mt. Infinity
  • Mt. Infinity Last Room
-Digimon Rumble Arena 1
  • Freezy Arctic
  • Badguy's Festival
  • Out In The Country
  • Butterfly (Nostalgia levels maximum. It doesn't have to be this Butterfly version, but it works!)
Agumon's victory theme at the end of a match could be the Tournament Victory or the Tournament Battle Win themes played from winning a tourney in Digimon World 1. Or any other themes that work well too!

I'd like to hear this song remixed in Ultimate as well. If it needs other tracks to form a medley of sort, then I'm fine with that too.
-

What music tracks would you all like to see in the game if Agumon makes it in smash?
First, Welcome!

And musics, my god i really want this one from the recent games :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVth8YMI3w

And this one from Digimon World 1 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoiWPSt9yc0

And this one from Digimon World 2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIm2PKuknA&t=31s

Graizen

Smash Champion
YO WHAT THEY HAVE A ROYAL KNIGHT'S THEME? HOLY HOTNESS THIS IS SICK!

EDIT: AHHHHH the Machinedramon theme got even better in Next Order! I've gotta finish that game!
You need to play Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory

They are so good! The music is awesome as well!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Musically, what I would absolutely love is if they took minor inspiration from Allstar Rumble when remixing/orchestrating it.
These two songs explored the use of very digital/chiptune sounds, alongside more normal instrumentation, to great thematic success. Were such a thing applied by somebody with more experience (and, quite frankly, interest) than those working on Allstar Rumble to music from the franchise that was already of great quality, I feel like the results could be truly stunning.

Forget the actual music from that game, though. Like everything else, it wasn't great.
My favourite thing about Allstar, to this day, was the broken ukemi system where you could flip upright with a button press just before landing, even if you were already upright and even if you were about to land from such a flip. You literally never had to touch the ground, though it was hard to pull off on non-flat terrain.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Musically, what I would absolutely love is if they took minor inspiration from Allstar Rumble when remixing/orchestrating it.
These two songs explored the use of very digital/chiptune sounds, alongside more normal instrumentation, to great thematic success. Were such a thing applied by somebody with more experience (and, quite frankly, interest) than those working on Allstar Rumble to music from the franchise that was already of great quality, I feel like the results could be truly stunning.

Forget the actual music from that game, though. Like everything else, it wasn't great.
My favourite thing about Allstar, to this day, was the broken ukemi system where you could flip upright with a button press just before landing, even if you were already upright and even if you were about to land from such a flip. You literally never had to touch the ground, though it was hard to pull off on non-flat terrain.
The biggest problem i have with Allstar Rumble is the evolution choices.

WTF , the got alot of things worng.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon doesn't have set evolution paths in the same vein as Pokemon. So I wouldn't say it "got it wrong". It's just one of many choices.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon doesn't have set evolution paths in the same vein as Pokemon. So I wouldn't say it "got it wrong". It's just one of many choices.
Yeah but , that was a "big game", they wanted it to sell alot
Compared to Rumble Arena 2, this game was so bad

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah but , that was a "big game", they wanted it to sell alot
Compared to Rumble Arena 2, this game was so bad
Just saying; it isn't wrong either way.

There is no such thing as "one set path" in Digimon. Not including certain Digimon as is is an issue, yeah.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman

-Digimon World 1
  • Beetle Land (Day)
  • Mt. Infinity
  • Mt. Infinity Last Room
-Digimon Rumble Arena 1
  • Freezy Arctic
  • Badguy's Festival
  • Out In The Country

-

One track I'd definitely love to see would be the Next Order battle theme. That theme just has so much energy and life in it; I love it a lot.

I'd also dig the Domination Battle theme from Hacker's Memory. It's pretty funky. In general, I'd like to see a fair amount of tracks from the newer Digimon games myself.

Though as much as I'd like to see iconic songs from the anime like Butter-fly, I kinda feel like bringing in licensed content from the anime into Smash could be a bit troublesome thanks to Toei. But if they could find a way to bring them in, I'd be all for it.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
The biggest problem i have with Allstar Rumble is the evolution choices.

WTF , the got alot of things worng.
The only evolution choice I didn't like was Phoenixmon and Angewomon to Examon. Like why?
If they ever release a fourth game in the Digimon Rumble series, I would like it if they combined the Roster from all three games.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Just found out about this thread. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that wants Agumon in Smash. I think I'll post a moveset I came up with for Agumon here later.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The only evolution choice I didn't like was Phoenixmon and Angewomon to Examon. Like why?
If they ever release a fourth game in the Digimon Rumble series, I would like it if they combined the Roster from all three games.
well well dont that open a lot of doors
One track I'd definitely love to see would be the Next Order battle theme. That theme just has so much energy and life in it; I love it a lot.

I'd also dig the Domination Battle theme from Hacker's Memory. It's pretty funky. In general, I'd like to see a fair amount of tracks from the newer Digimon games myself.

Though as much as I'd like to see iconic songs from the anime like Butter-fly, I kinda feel like bringing in licensed content from the anime into Smash could be a bit troublesome thanks to Toei. But if they could find a way to bring them in, I'd be all for it.
Just saying; it isn't wrong either way.

There is no such thing as "one set path" in Digimon. Not including certain Digimon as is is an issue, yeah.

YO WHAT THEY HAVE A ROYAL KNIGHT'S THEME? HOLY HOTNESS THIS IS SICK!

EDIT: AHHHHH the Machinedramon theme got even better in Next Order! I've gotta finish that game!
Using the scale of characters in Banjo-Kazooie for the sake of an argument doesn't work that well, since most NPCs are really big there. For example, take Humba Wumba, who has it almost as bad as K. Rool in terms of scale inconsistency, since she's practically an amazon in Tooie, yet is much smaller in Nuts & Bolts.

Then there's the other humanoid characters that haven't been rescaled, like Grunty and Blackeye.
Just found out about this thread. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that wants Agumon in Smash. I think I'll post a moveset I came up with for Agumon here later.
Question:

How you think the Process of Digievolution will be animated for Smash?

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Question:

I think it could be similar to how it was animated in the Rumble Arena games, Rumble Arena 2 and All-Star to be more specific, where the digimon spins in place while glowing into a ball of light until their digievolved form emerges from it.
Just make it a second longer and better animated.

Last edited:

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
I think it could be similar to how it was animated in the Rumble Arena games, Rumble Arena 2 and All-Star to be more specific, where the digimon spins in place while glowing into a ball of light until their digievolved form emerges from it.
Just make it a second longer and better animated.
Actually Digivolving in Digimon Rumble Arena is supposed to look like Digivolving in Digimon Tamers does.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Question:

I see it as a process similar to switching like :ultpokemontrainer:, but to balance the equilibrium of Digivolution which I see is clearly a benefit & strength that improves Agumon completely... I would say that instead of granting intangible frames to the Digivolution, make it vulnerable instead. Unlike switching which grants i-frames, Digivolution would grant no i-frames. This pays homage to all of the times that the antagonists would rush to interrupt the protagonists Digivolution by attacking them in mid-evolution. And if you hit the character's digivolution phase before it's finished, then it would cause some repercussion to Agumon to weaken his state.

If Digivolution only happened once (Agumon > Greymon), then it'd easier to balance & go from there. But if they were really go all the way with it, they may be able to go far beyond and apply all three of his forms. Those being Greymon, MetalGreymon, & WarGreymon. The way they would handle the meter or whatever source of bar that dictates what form is achievable or not is up to their developing skill. If anything, the first few frames of a successful Digivolution could grant intangibility as some sort of safety net.

EDIT: Lol oops, I was more-so talking about the mechanic & how it'd work for balance purposes rather than animation. Ehhhh.

I'll have to think about that for later!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Question:

considering how fast paced this smash is meant to be i imagine itd mostly be quite brief probably just a flash of light of perhaps agumon glows and then grows it may depend on how they utilise it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
considering how fast paced this smash is meant to be i imagine itd mostly be quite brief probably just a flash of light of perhaps agumon glows and then grows it may depend on how they utilise it
I think having an egg appear and then quickly turning into the next one would speed things up the most. Extra transformation sequences like that would just eat up data and cause lag. Having the new guy appear suddenly would help a bit, with the egg masking the lag bit, but also easier to transition into.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think having an egg appear and then quickly turning into the next one would speed things up the most. Extra transformation sequences like that would just eat up data and cause lag. Having the new guy appear suddenly would help a bit, with the egg masking the lag bit, but also easier to transition into.
well i was picturing it that he just has the one other form having more than that would just make him broken, besides it worked for bowser

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well i was picturing it that he just has the one other form having more than that would just make him broken, besides it worked for bowser
I don't know if having more than one form would honestly be broken.

And if you mean Bowser's Final Smash, that's a cutscene move essentially where the gameplay is stopped. This happens during gameplay as is. So it has to transition smoothly every time. Which is why the Transformations were awful in Melee and Brawl. They didn't work smoothly and caused tons of gameplay inbalances. Sheik and Zelda were split for that reason too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if having more than one form would honestly be broken.

And if you mean Bowser's Final Smash, that's a cutscene move essentially where the gameplay is stopped. This happens during gameplay as is. So it has to transition smoothly every time. Which is why the Transformations were awful in Melee and Brawl. They didn't work smoothly and caused tons of gameplay inbalances. Sheik and Zelda were split for that reason too.
i was meaning like how he transforms in brawl and smash 4, cant say i ever noticed any problems with the transformations in the older games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i was meaning like how he transforms in brawl and smash 4, cant say i ever noticed any problems with the transformations in the older games
As I said before, those are for the Final Smash and don't interrupt gameplay like regular Transformations do. Regular Transformations are easier to disrupt, and they cause more lag due to being used way more often. Final Smashes are created in a way to avoid this issue.

They're very different things. The best they've done is make it harder to disrupt Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon Switch in Ultimate, but it still can cause lag easily. The egg thing is a faster way to get around it, depending on how the transformations is intended to work. Is it a Down B change, some kind of meter where he transforms after a while? Either way, this is a good way to prevent lag and justify him being unable to be attacked/interacted with for a few seconds as he changes forms. It's seamless and keeps the game flowing, a key element to a fast-paced game like Smash.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hmmmm... I came back because it's a thought but, imagine the idea of what Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth mentioned earlier about an egg appearing & then the Digivolution would proceed to take place.

The idea can really sprout & prosper (Lol Digimon World 1 homage). Yoshi's egg shield is something that can give inspiration to the idea. Just make it a laggier and slower visual process of turning into an Digiegg, & mayyyyybe depending on which Digivolution you take form into... that will affect how much longer the form to evolve takes. Of course, this is all implying more than one Digivolution. I'm still not sure or confident they'd consider all three of Agumon's forms but it would be way past cool!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As I said before, those are for the Final Smash and don't interrupt gameplay like regular Transformations do. Regular Transformations are easier to disrupt, and they cause more lag due to being used way more often. Final Smashes are created in a way to avoid this issue.

They're very different things. The best they've done is make it harder to disrupt Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon Switch in Ultimate, but it still can cause lag easily. The egg thing is a faster way to get around it, depending on how the transformations is intended to work. Is it a Down B change, some kind of meter where he transforms after a while? Either way, this is a good way to prevent lag and justify him being unable to be attacked/interacted with for a few seconds as he changes forms. It's seamless and keeps the game flowing, a key element to a fast-paced game like Smash.
ok i never said how they would use digivlution i only said how it might look like either bowser or zelda old transformations, having him going into an egg to change strikes me as daft if youre so desperate to mask lag there are are more appropriate ways rather than something i dont think has ever been seen in digimon

and i play as pokemon trainer all the time in both games hes in, what lag? the only lag i can think of is when wario turned back from wario man

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Examon made no sense there, even if I like his backstory, but I also think going Plesiomon for Allstar and Vikemon for Tri was a big missteap. When you had the first game and first show featuring some of Adventure's megas both hyped up at the same time, they needed to go together, IMO. Then, giving the adventure 2 cast champions when A1 went mega was a little weird, especially when Magnamon and GrandisKuwagamon existed, but I guess the latter's underutilisation in the show probably contributed to that. Anything was better than what happened to Dorulumon, though. Where was his Yeager form?

But, let's be real here, those questions all pale in comparison to things like "Where was Patamon?" and "Why was Grani in Guilmon's moveset and not Gallantmon's?"

Graizen

Smash Champion
ok i never said how they would use digivlution i only said how it might look like either bowser or zelda old transformations, having him going into an egg to change strikes me as daft if youre so desperate to mask lag there are are more appropriate ways rather than something i dont think has ever been seen in digimon

and i play as pokemon trainer all the time in both games hes in, what lag? the only lag i can think of is when wario turned back from wario man
In Digimon Adventure Tri and in the Digimon Savers Movie
The Digimon enter a Egg, the Egg explodes, and the Digimon is Digivolved

In Rumble Arena 2 you can see a Egg as well

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In Digimon Adventure Tri and in the Digimon Savers Movie
The Digimon enter a Egg, the Egg explodes, and the Digimon is Digivolved

In Rumble Arena 2 you can see a Egg as well
i thought we were trying to avoid anime stuff

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Digimon didn't start out as an anime. Anyone who calls Agumon an anime character is misinformed and barely knows anything about the Digimon franchise.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon didn't start out as an anime. Anyone who calls Agumon an anime character is misinformed and barely knows anything about the Digimon franchise.
Agumon appears in Anime, he was not born in Anime

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice
Examon made no sense there, even if I like his backstory, but I also think going Plesiomon for Allstar and Vikemon for Tri was a big missteap. When you had the first game and first show featuring some of Adventure's megas both hyped up at the same time, they needed to go together, IMO. Then, giving the adventure 2 cast champions when A1 went mega was a little weird, especially when Magnamon and GrandisKuwagamon existed, but I guess the latter's underutilisation in the show probably contributed to that. Anything was better than what happened to Dorulumon, though. Where was his Yeager form?

But, let's be real here, those questions all pale in comparison to things like "Where was Patamon?" and "Why was Grani in Guilmon's moveset and not Gallantmon's?"
That's why I said I want them to combined the rosters from all three games together.

Can any one tell me if there is something wrong with Digimon Rumble Arena or Digimon Battle Spirits Digivolution animation?

Top Bottom