• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Graizen

Smash Champion
We have ToyAgumon but no ToyGreymon or any evolution line for him.
Sad, i want a ToyWarGreymon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On the other hand, it can go into the full GeoGreymon line, which is far more armored/unique than the regular Greymon line.

I've also had fun with lines for it. Though it's not fully possible yet, going into Flarizamon > Extyrannomon > Puppetmon mostly fits. If only he had a fitting Champion that is also a puppet or dinosaur puppet. Extyrannomon has a darkness inside of it, so it fits going into a more humanoid form. Besides that, Extyrannomon is a bit more humanoid-like than the other Tyrannomons. To note, Flarizamon cannot go into Extyrannomon officially. You actually cannot do a full Puppet line officially with using ToyAgumon as the base and going into Puppetmon. I can't even think of any Puppets ToyAgumon can go into. Weird.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
thatd be amazing

also sad news about tai's voice actor, she will be missed (even though ive never watched the japanese version)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
thatd be amazing

also sad news about agumon's voice actor, she will be missed (even though ive never watched the japanese version)
It's Tai's VA who died. Agumon's VA (Chika Sakamoto) is still alive.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - What If Agumon Was Announced - (Fan-Made Trailer)

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Because I recently realized how fun it is to imagine various Classic Mode runs for characters, I came up with one for Agumon. It would have a theme of growth, maturation, change, etc. since evolution is such a major element in Digimon, and the V-Pets were all about your Digimon growing up. I picture it being something like:

Round 1: Bowser Jr and Bowser-- Parent raising child, plus, Bowser Jr. looks just like Baby Bowser.
Round 2: Young Link and Link with his classic tunic costume-- Reflects the time travel growth in OoT
Round 3: Path of Radiance Ike and Radiant Dawn Ike-- Reflects Ike's growth between the two games
Round 4: FF7 Cloud and Advent Children Cloud-- Again, reflects Cloud's growth from FF7 to Advent Children.
Round 5: Bayonetta 1 Bayonetta, and Bayonetta 2 Bayonetta-- Ditto.
Round 6: Pichu and Pikachu-- Evolution, also works well as a penultimate fight because of the Pokemon vs. Digimon factor.
Final Boss: Dracula, since he "evolves" in the middle of the battle by changing form. (Plus, a humanoid transforming into a bestial demon thing is totally up Digimon's alley).

Anyone have any other ideas for an Agumon Classic mode run?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Because I recently realized how fun it is to imagine various Classic Mode runs for characters, I came up with one for Agumon. It would have a theme of growth, maturation, change, etc. since evolution is such a major element in Digimon, and the V-Pets were all about your Digimon growing up. I picture it being something like:

Round 1: Bowser Jr and Bowser-- Parent raising child, plus, Bowser Jr. looks just like Baby Bowser.
Round 2: Young Link and Link with his classic tunic costume-- Reflects the time travel growth in OoT
Round 3: Path of Radiance Ike and Radiant Dawn Ike-- Reflects Ike's growth between the two games
Round 4: FF7 Cloud and Advent Children Cloud-- Again, reflects Cloud's growth from FF7 to Advent Children.
Round 6: Pichu and Pikachu-- Evolution, also works well as a penultimate fight because of the Pokemon vs. Digimon factor.
Final Boss: Dracula, since he "evolves" in the middle of the battle by changing form. (Plus, a humanoid transforming into a bestial demon thing is totally up Digimon's alley).

Yo i love it

And no joke Dracula second form looks like a Digimon.

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

Great idea, and Dracula is perfect to represent Myotismon, a major Digimon antagonist.

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Great idea, and Dracula is perfect to represent Myotismon, a major Digimon antagonist.
Oooohhhh man, you're totally right, I didn't even think about Myotismon, but that's totally perfect! And better yet, Dracula's second form actually kinda looks like MaloMyotismon!

...Geez, if Agumon does get in, and they just make the final boss of his route boring old Master Hand instead of Dracula, I'm gonna be a little annoyed, haha.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Let's not pretend PP was actually a request. Come on now. No, it wasn't some kind of ballot request either. Joker is actually a very popular character, and may be ballot-related too.

As for ones I feel we need; Definitely a Microsoft rep(Steve, Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Fulgore, Battletoad. I say it in order, from left to right, of who I feel should be in first), easily Slime to further having interesting mascots of a series(Erdrick is a good secondary choice, though), something Japanese only to fully broaden horizons(Lip, Katalina), and there's other SE options that are all pretty nice(Geno, Crono, Sephiroth, in order of who I think has the best chance).

I won't count ones I'd personally love to see, like some upgraded AT's, Brian, Agumon. I'm not sure we have any real chance for a Namco-Bandai rep, but Lloyd, Nightmare, and Agumon seem the most likely. Heihachi I don't think will work in these settings. The 3D Mechanics are pretty important, and that is impossible to transfer over.
Oooohhhh man, you're totally right, I didn't even think about Myotismon, but that's totally perfect! And better yet, Dracula's second form actually kinda looks like MaloMyotismon!

...Geez, if Agumon does get in, and they just make the final boss of his route boring old Master Hand instead of Dracula, I'm gonna be a little annoyed, haha.
I just started posting again on smashboard about a week ago.
You can always get Premium and change your name to foolbadge. :p

But yeah, we all misread things sometimes.
well ive made a fool of myself
It's Tai's VA who died. Agumon's VA (Chika Sakamoto) is still alive.
RIP. That's a fairly good run, at least.
Here's 2 questions for you guys:

1 - What Digimon spirits to put in Smash?
2 - What will be SmashBoards and 4Chan reactions if Agumon joins Smash?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

1. Gotta have every form of Agumon and Greymon, period. Plus some other fan favorites like Renamon, the Dark Masters...
2. Hard to say. There's going to be a lot of surprise, and some very happy. I'm sure like with any character, some will be salty. The ratio is impossible to tell, since we're not a hive mind.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

1: all the ones from the vpet as we're trying to avoid stuff from the anime
2: mixed and no idea

Graizen

Smash Champion
Bandai is strangely silent about Digimon for a long time now...

Not even new info about Digimon Survive.

HenryWong122

Smash Apprentice

The only problem with this is there is no such thing as Advent Children.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Ok , things are fire right now , look:
https://twitter.com/jam1garner/status/1080961830825193473

Ok so since the secret's out, here's confirmation. Params in Ultimate confirm the code names of 2 future characters, "jack" and "brave". The labels for these characters: fighter_kind_jack fighter_kind_brave fighter_kind_packu (piranha plant)

Pachu is Piranha Plant
Jack is probably Joker

But BRAVE? Seriously!?
Brave is the ****** Agumon's CREST.
WarGreymon use the ****ing BRAVE SHIELD

CrocoLoco

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrocoLoco
Wow
When i saw the datamine, the first thing that came to mind was Agumon, but with those stats i'm more towards Wargreymon
Hello!

D

Deleted member

I find Agumon possible.

It would be cool if he is the “Brave” character, tbh.
As much as i would love to see Eight, but Agumon is also dope.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Brave is not Agumon's crest. Courage is Agumon's crest. Brave is just the shield and the japanese digivolution theme music but I don't think that there's actually a distinction between the two in japanese so... Mistranslation?
Bravery and Courage are synonyms. That was what he was referring to.

Top Bottom