• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon started as a game first and foremost. Whether or not you consider a Virtual Pet to be a toy or game doesn't change that it definitely didn't start as an anime. It's most famous for its anime, so the misunderstanding makes sense.

That said, I feel Heihachi was unlikely since Sakurai wasn't sure how to translate his unique gameplay mechanics from Tekken's 3D itself over to Smash. Not simply a case of "a moveset is hard" or anything like that. Ryu ultimately was easier to do, hence him being in, but he didn't figure that out till after the game was out, years later. Heihachi is still possible, but do keep in mind he's also fairly expected for a second Bamco rep. Sakurai can get over some issues. This one might not be the case. Lloyd is actually one of the easier ones to do, since his mechanics and unique skills are not hard to translate at all. Maybe a bit of inspiration is needed for a unique mechanic at best.

Agumon has way better chances since DLC is going to contain less expected characters, but making the Digivolution mechanic work well(when it's actually clear the game is rushed and is buggy, with lag on 8-Player Smash with Ice Climbers, which actually was kind of obvious to anyone...), so constant transformations could be an issue. This is the only thing I feel really holds him back. As well as balancing the Digivolution mechanic. Though they could incorporate his many forms throughout the years in some way for attacks, it doesn't help with the important mechanic. Though it could be something closer to Lucario's aura, where he gets stronger and Digivolves in due time. Instead of being something you can change over and over again.

(I won't go much into Nightmare among the Bamco reps. He suffers the same issue as Hiehachi. The 3D Mechanics are really important to Soul Calibur's playstyle. Klonoa I know is talked about, but I got no clue on how the character is).

D

Deleted member

Why troll when I'm simply reminding you of the truth?

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Pac-man is a character.
Heihachi and Prince of All Cosmos are part of Pac-man's taunts.
Lloyd is a Mii Costume.

We have: Agumon, Mametchi, Klonoa, Don-chan and KOS-MOS

And for me Agumon is the biggest and most important of the list.

And Digimon is the only one with a Game on the Switch in 2019.
They actually took out all 3rd Party Mii Costumes BTW.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why troll when I'm simply reminding you of the truth?
Tamagotchi and Digimon are both created by Bandai.

Bootleg is pretty impossible in that case.

Never mind it's the same creator behind both products. He got influenced by his Tamagotchi product to create a new idea for male audiences called Digimon. That's its origins.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty brave trolling on a thread while a mod is present, aren'tcha?
We have rules to prevent bias. So unless it was something beyond extreme, I would still hand it off to another Mod to look at.

But I will say this as a mod; let's not accuse people of trolling. It's best to report the post or not respond in comparison. Or just use your words and knowledge to show why their points are incorrect. Plus, imagine the fans reading this finding out more information they didn't know. Knowledge is a beautiful thing~

Graizen

Smash Champion
We have rules to prevent bias. So unless it was something beyond extreme, I would still hand it off to another Mod to look at.

But I will say this as a mod; let's not accuse people of trolling. It's best to report the post or not respond in comparison. Or just use your words and knowledge to show why their points are incorrect. Plus, imagine the fans reading this finding out more information they didn't know. Knowledge is a beautiful thing~
And you are a beautiful person Tamer

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wow weve been talking bout agaumon for two smash games now and i think this is the first time weve seen a troll

Eldrake

Smash Lord
With Digimon Survive coming next year and this fighter pack apparently focusing more on newcomers that are not so expected, Agumon's odds might actually be decent.

Graizen

Smash Champion
They actually took out all 3rd Party Mii Costumes BTW.
Holy crap, Marcus for Tekken could actually happen!
With Digimon Survive coming next year and this fighter pack apparently focusing more on newcomers that are not so expected, Agumon's odds might actually be decent.
wow weve been talking bout agaumon for two smash games now and i think this is the first time weve seen a troll
Pretty brave trolling on a thread while a mod is present, aren'tcha?

A nice little question for you guys:

You think Agumon's chances are now bigger thanks to the unexpected characters being choosen?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A nice little question for you guys:

You think Agumon's chances are now bigger thanks to the unexpected characters being choosen?
Definitely. That was the thing going against him, that there were more obvious options.

Though what I said above still applies. The Digivolution mechanic could be an issue if there's no way to implement it right. And Sakurai really cares about making characters fun and feel like their home games where possible.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Definitely. That was the thing going against him, that there were more obvious options.

Though what I said above still applies. The Digivolution mechanic could be an issue if there's no way to implement it right. And Sakurai really cares about making characters fun and feel like their home games where possible.
Hey Spirit , can you look at this Gameplay Video of Agumon in Digimon Rumble Arena 2?
They use the evolution mechanic here in a great way:

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The more I think about it the more I want Agumon in for one specific reason. And that is too have the 3 90's monster collector games in one crossover.

For a fan of that genre the idea of seeing Shin Megami Tensei (Persona), Pokemon and Digimon under one roof fills me with so much excitement.

Graizen

Smash Champion
The more I think about it the more I want Agumon in for one specific reason. And that is too have the 3 90's monster collector games in one crossover.

For a fan of that genre the idea of seeing Shin Megami Tensei (Persona), Pokemon and Digimon under one roof fills me with so much excitement.
Hadokey , imagine the Pikachu + Agumon + Jack Frost fanarts

KMDP

Smash Legend

To be honest, if Agumon only evolves into Greymon within his base moveset (in a way similar to my suggestion in this post a while back), there wouldn't be much of a problem, it would be about as intensive as Pokémon Trainer.

This would actually result in Agumon being pretty unique, I think. There aren't any characters with Install Supers in Smash Ultimate, especially considering all the Transformation Final Smashes were removed, and Smash Bros. itself has yet to have a character that actually powers up within their base moveset (I mean, technically there's Cloud, but that's automatic).

Graizen

Smash Champion
Imagine Agumon's reveal trailer: black screen *digivice sound effect*
To be honest, if Agumon only evolves into Greymon within his base moveset (in a way similar to my suggestion in this post a while back), there wouldn't be much of a problem, it would be about as intensive as Pokémon Trainer.

This would actually result in Agumon being pretty unique, I think. There aren't any characters with Install Supers in Smash Ultimate, especially considering all the Transformation Final Smashes were removed, and Smash Bros. itself has yet to have a character that actually powers up within their base moveset (I mean, technically there's Cloud, but that's automatic).

maybe but ive pretty much given up on speculation
Question:

Do you think that with the removal of all the transformations of other characters in the game, Agumon could be the only character with transformations now?
The transformations would be his specialty, making him a unique character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Question:

Do you think that with the removal of all the transformations of other characters in the game, Agumon could be the only character with transformations now?
Pokemon Trainer still exists.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Imagine Agumon's reveal trailer: black screen *digivice sound effect*
I don't know, maybe the Tamagotchi sounds?
Digivice is more of a Anime thing
I'd love for the trailer to begin exactly as you suggested, Prince Koopa Jr. In fact I made a post suggesting the same thing six months ago (here).

I think that they should probably use the V-Pet Battle Audio in Agumon's trailer if they make him playable .:laugh: (I'd say "make it into a remix", but I imagine it'd get irritating quick).
Question:

It's possible.
PT literally transforms between three characters as his gimmick
Pokémon Trainer is more of a stance-changer, really. None of the Pokémon are inherently stronger than the other, except in a sort of trade-off way.

Agumon would be a character that would transform to specifically get stronger.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Today a friend of mine was talking to me about how big Digimon is in Japan.
And he said to me that Digimon have "card machines" in every corner, you can buy and play with Digimon cards everywere.

People said that "Digimon and Pokémon" is a Western thing, and its a big lie.
People there wanted to see BlackwarGreymon vs charizard, and they talked about it so much that even magazines talked about it.

Digimon have tons of merchandise there, you can see it here:

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.com/search/label/Products

Guys , the Eevee Tamagotchi is real, new video showing it:

I don't want to hype, but...

Agumon for smash pls

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon Trainer works exactly the same way as Zelda/Sheik does. There's no difference. He's a transformation character. It's part of his main mechanic. That's the point of how it actually works within the coding.

Agumon could actually work differently, with a permanent evolution till he loses a stock. That would separate him. But yeah, PT is our only current Transformation Character right now.

Graizen

Smash Champion
There is a oficial version of Agumon called "Santa Agumon"
He was created as a Agumon variation in 2006 for a minigame called "DigiWindow"
You can see it here: https://wikimon.net/DigiWindow

He got a new design recently for the mobile game "Digimon Soul Chaser"
You can see it here: https://wikimon.net/Digimon_Soul_Chaser

This is his original design:

Santaagumon_vpet_dw.jpg

And his new design is now my Avatar.

So it looks like just a regular Agumon with a Santa Hat, but he's actualy a Agumon variation.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 182737

So it looks like just a regular Agumon with a Santa Hat, but he's actualy a Agumon variation.
oh yeah i remember reading about him

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502

View attachment 182737

He's so cute and festive

Graizen

Smash Champion
Is there a supporters list?
If not, I think it'd be a good idea to make one..

If so, then count me in on the list!
He's so cute and festive
oh yeah i remember reading about him
Pokemon Trainer works exactly the same way as Zelda/Sheik does. There's no difference. He's a transformation character. It's part of his main mechanic. That's the point of how it actually works within the coding.

Agumon could actually work differently, with a permanent evolution till he loses a stock. That would separate him. But yeah, PT is our only current Transformation Character right now.
I'd love for the trailer to begin exactly as you suggested, Prince Koopa Jr. In fact I made a post suggesting the same thing six months ago (here).

I think that they should probably use the V-Pet Battle Audio in Agumon's trailer if they make him playable .:laugh: (I'd say "make it into a remix", but I imagine it'd get irritating quick).

It's possible.

Pokémon Trainer is more of a stance-changer, really. None of the Pokémon are inherently stronger than the other, except in a sort of trade-off way.

Agumon would be a character that would transform to specifically get stronger.
PT literally transforms between three characters as his gimmick
I don't think that really counts
Holy crap, Marcus for Tekken could actually happen!
Hey guys , i need your help.
I asked Bandai about Agumon for Smash using a email.
Bandai said to me that for that type of question we need to call their Phone Number.

The problem is, im not from North America, and i can't call the number!

Can someone call Bandai and ask about Agumon for Smash for us?
This is the Link with the number they showed me:
http://www.bandai.com/support/contact.html

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys , i need your help.
I asked Bandai about Agumon for Smash using a email.
Bandai said to me that for that type of question we need to call their Phone Number.

The problem is, im not from North America, and i can't call the number!

Can someone call Bandai and ask about Agumon for Smash for us?
This is the Link with the number they showed me:
Uh I can try when classes are over, but don't expect anything greater then a PR non-answer

D

Deleted member

Thank you!
Here , this was what Bandai told me:

"Hello friends!

Thank you so much for this really cool feedback.
You have some amazing ideas!

We suggest contacting us on our Bandai Contact Form on the Bandai Website:

Hope this helps! "
The main thing I'm wondering about is that they gave you their customer support number, which means that they MAY have misinterpreted what you said. Regardless, I'll still try when I get home at around 3:30 est

Graizen

Smash Champion
The main thing I'm wondering about is that they gave you their customer support number, which means that they MAY have misinterpreted what you said. Regardless, I'll still try when I get home at around 3:30 est
No , i just asked about Agumon in Super Smash Bros. Clear as day.

D

Deleted member

aight so I called Bandai-Namco
basically I asked "does bandai-namco have any interest in adding the character Agumon from Digimon into Smash Ultimate as DLC" and the customer service rep said something along the lines of "I can't really comment on that right now"

So they basically just gave me a complete PR non-answer. This could be bc they're under an NDA or they just straight up have no idea. At this point this early in the speculation game it's too early to tell

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
aight so I called Bandai-Namco
basically I asked "does bandai-namco have any interest in adding the character Agumon from Digimon into Smash Ultimate as DLC" and the customer service rep said something along the lines of "I can't really comment on that right now"

So they basically just gave me a complete PR non-answer. This could be bc they're under an NDA or they just straight up have no idea. At this point this early in the speculation game it's too early to tell
to be fair its unlikely that someone in that position would know

Top Bottom