• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

KMDP

Smash Legend
i dont think we should have digimon that originated in the anime as cool as omnimon as a final smash would be
WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon and Omegamon appeared in games before they appeared in the anime.

Specifically, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon first appeared in the Pendulum series of Digimon V-Pets (long before Digimon Adventure) and Omegamon first appeared in Digimon Adventure: Anode Tame & Cathode Tamer (about a month before Our War Game).
I hope that at the very least, this leads to a Pokémon x Digimon game.
As cool as that would be, it sounds like a balancing nightmare. :laugh:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon and Omegamon appeared in games before they appeared in the anime.

Specifically, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon first appeared in the Pendulum series of Digimon V-Pets (long before Digimon Adventure) and Omegamon first appeared in Digimon Adventure: Anode Tame & Cathode Tamer (about a month before Our War Game).

Ok. You are right but hear me out:

KMDP

Smash Legend
To add to the "trying Digimon games" discussion.

I found out the other day that my current laptop is (theoretically) capable of emulating PSP games.

I downloaded the Digimon Adventure PSP game (having wanted to play that game since it originally came out), but the game crashes the moment I try to enter the game. Unable to play that game, I decided to play Re:Digitize.

That game actually lets me play, I get to name the PC and his partner Agumon... and then the game crashes when the first battle starts.

...Yay...

Presumably, my laptop doesn't have enough RAM (because it's probably not the Core-i5 processor), right now I have 6 GB of RAM in the laptop, might be worth upgrading to 8 GB.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

really? i thought mega levels were made for the anime

KMDP

Smash Legend
really? i thought mega levels were made for the anime
Nope, they started in the Pendulum series (Piedmon, Rosemon and Machinedramon are among the OG Mega levels, I'd have to actually look up the full list).

What the anime did change was WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon's strength levels, I believe. I think it was something like WGM and MGM were actually pretty weak Mega Digimon, but were the first Digimon able to fuse (nevermind that Omegamon debuted in a completely different series of V-Pets :laugh:), the anime upped their power levels to be in the upper tier of power, making Omegamon all the more powerful as a result.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nope, they started in the Pendulum series (Piedmon, Rosemon and Machinedramon are among the OG Mega levels, I'd have to actually look up the full list).

What the anime did change was WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon's strength levels, I believe. I think it was something like WGM and MGM were actually pretty weak Mega Digimon, but were the first Digimon able to fuse (nevermind that Omegamon debuted in a completely different series of V-Pets :laugh:), the anime upped their power levels to be in the upper tier of power, making Omegamon all the more powerful as a result.
well power level in digimon are never consistent between its canons

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... looks like Heihachi is no longer the front runner for potential Bandai Namco characters...

Agumon's chances just got a little higher

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
you guys know chrom is still part of robin's moveset? that aint a deconfirmation im afraid

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... Joker from Persona 5 getting in Smash proves that there really isn't any limit when it comes to the amount of unique newcomers a third party company gets in Smash...

Sega now has Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker...
Things are looking better for Agumon

Graizen

Smash Champion
So... Joker from Persona 5 getting in Smash proves that there really isn't any limit when it comes to the amount of unique newcomers a third party company gets in Smash...

Not just that , but the "Big Surprise characters no one is expecting" part, this realy helps Agumon NO JOKE

Graizen

Smash Champion
Even more interesting , this episode of Digimon Universe.
A Digimon used his powers to make "Game characters" obey him to destroy another Digimon.
One of the game characters was Agumon.
Some other characters looks like Smash Characters, like Falco, Marth and Link.

Here: https://www.superanimes.site/anime/digimon-universe/episodio-45

He controls the characters mind's to use than as "evil warriors"

Funny , this remembers me of World of Light.
And this anime was made in 2017.

Last edited:

KickleCubiclist

Smash Apprentice

100% agree with this. If Joker is in, anything is possible.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So i discovered some interesting dates for Digimon:

Launch dates at the beginnings of Digimon

1 - Digimon Tamagotchi - 1997
2 - Manga one-shot - C'mon Digimon - 1997
3 - Video Game - Digital Monster Ver. S: Digimon Tamers - 1998
4 - Manga - Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 - 1998
5 - Video Game - Digimon World - 1999
6 - Movie - Digimon Adventure - 1999
7 - Anime - Digimon Adventure - 1999
8 - Video Game - Digital Monster Ver. WonderSwan - 1999
9 - Video Game - Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer - 1999
10 - Video Game - Digimon World: Digital Card Battle - 1999

The first Digimon games on Nintendo consoles:

1 - Digimon Battle Spirit - 2003
2 - Digimon Battle Spirit 2 - 2003
3 - Digimon Racing - 2004

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So... looks like Heihachi is no longer the front runner for potential Bandai Namco characters...

Agumon's chances just got a little higher
You know, it's interesting that PAC-MAN has a pixel Heihachi in his taunt, but not... you know...

...the obvious one.

Graizen

Smash Champion
You know, it's interesting that PAC-MAN has a pixel Heihachi in his taunt, but not... you know...

...the obvious one.
Yes! Not even Mametchi as a Pixel? Or Agumon?
Why?
Strange.

D

Deleted member

First of all, Digimon is an anime. And you know how Sakurai feels about anime characters (unless they're from fire emblem).

Second of all, putting Digimon in Smash Bros. would cause a huge amount of confusion and civil wars between the Smash Bros. community.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
First of all, Digimon is an anime. And you know how Sakurai feels about anime characters (unless they're from fire emblem).

Second of all, putting Digimon in Smash Bros. would cause a huge amount of confusion and civil wars between the Smash Bros. community.
Digimon actually started out as a series of virtual pets. The first V-Pets came out in 1997. Digimon Adventure 01 did not premiere until 1999. Also, various manga and games (including the original Digimon World) predate Adventure.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion

My boi, Digimon is not a Anime franchise.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Pac-man is a character.
Heihachi and Prince of All Cosmos are part of Pac-man's taunts.
Lloyd is a Mii Costume.

We have: Agumon, Mametchi, Klonoa, Don-chan and KOS-MOS

And for me Agumon is the biggest and most important of the list.

And Digimon is the only one with a Game on the Switch in 2019.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Warned for trolling
Sakurai doesn't allow bootlegs in Smash.

Top Bottom