• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Burning Digimon Dinosaur - Agumon for Smash - Digimon Survive 2020

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. A lot of people are straight up hostile to Agumon being in Smash. Outright telling someone to commit suicide because they support a character you don't like is sick and so wrong.
geez, people take it way to seriously

Graizen

Smash Champion
Little post about something interesting.

In the game "Digimon World: RE Digitize"
"Lili Rochefort" from the Tekken series apears as a Digimon user.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

lili6.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Little post about something interesting.

In the game "Digimon World: RE Digitize"
"Lili Rochefort" from the Tekken series apears as a Digimon user.

View attachment 180987

View attachment 180988
One crossover I never expected, though in hindsight it should've been at least a little obvious because Bandai Namco...
Pretty cool, regardless.
It shows us that Digimon is completely fine in terms of crossovers...

Graizen

Smash Champion
The guys on Twitter made a Change.org to help Agumon.
You can help by signing up and sharing the link:

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-put-agumon-in-smash-bros

In other news...

https://www.nintenderos.com/2018/12...rprenderan-a-los-fans-y-que-son-un-must-have/

An spanish website had an interview with a treehouse member and he said this about the DLC
"Al señor Sakurai y a su equipo y a todos los que trabajan en el juego les encantan las sorpresas”, asegura. “Al igual que con la Planta Piraña, creemos que el DLC será un must-have. Para mí, como fan… oh hombre, no me perdería esto por nada del mundo”.
Translation:
>"Mr. Sakurai and his team and everyone who works in the game loves surprises," he says. "Like the Piranha Plant, we think DLC will be a "must-have". For me, a fan … oh, I would not miss this for anything in the world."

Me: Agumon's chances rise again.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Augmon had the involved company attached and is pretty unexpected with everyone's minds being stuck either on the 80's or the present day.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I think digimon does have some good chances in general. Namco Bandai is still working in the game. They still only have 1 character in the game compared to the rest (especially considering the SE second char).

Digimon vs Pokémon is still a debate brought up. And digimon as a franchise is still getting games out almost one per year. Those games are still sellling pretty well, all things considered, especially in latin America.

We also cannot forget about the tamagochi crossover. I think overall, his chances are pretty good.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think digimon does have some good chances in general. Namco Bandai is still working in the game. They still only have 1 character in the game compared to the rest (especially considering the SE second char).

Digimon vs Pokémon is still a debate brought up. And digimon as a franchise is still getting games out almost one per year. Those games are still sellling pretty well, all things considered, especially in latin America.

We also cannot forget about the tamagochi crossover. I think overall, his chances are pretty good.
And, there's also the fact that Nintendo is choosing the DLC characters. And there is a Digimon game coming to the Switch next year.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Welcome to the club :yoshi:
Yeah. A lot of people are straight up hostile to Agumon being in Smash. Outright telling someone to commit suicide because they support a character you don't like is sick and so wrong.
geez, people take it way to seriously
One crossover I never expected, though in hindsight it should've been at least a little obvious because Bandai Namco...
Pretty cool, regardless.
Well Augmon had the involved company attached and is pretty unexpected with everyone's minds being stuck either on the 80's or the present day.
Also, Bamco's weird reluctance to include anyone other than :ultpacman:. Especially when Capcom and Konami keep getting more characters in there than they do. :ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter:

Here's a good question:
Do you guys think we can use Koromon as a form of "weakness" for him?
Imagine that he uses powerfull evolutions like MetalGreymon and WarGreymon, but he will turn in to Koromon for sometime after using all his energy,
and you need to just run away until he turns back to Agumon.

200px-Koromon_Collectors_Art.jpg

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I like it as a concept but it'd need to fully test it to not kneecap him in game.
Elemental weaknesses were a cool idea for Pokemon trainer but because they forgot that all the cool character use fire, Ivysaur got the short end of an already tiny stick.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here's a good question:
Imagine that he uses powerfull evolutions like MetalGreymon and WarGreymon, but he will turn in to Koromon for sometime after using all his energy,

View attachment 181098
i dunno if you have too many digivlutions the mechanic may become to complex, tough having him digivlove from koromon would be a neat on screen appearance

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Here's a good question:

View attachment 181098
I dont know. Making too many renders sounds hard. I think agumon and an evo should suffice.

Also, I dislike giving hándicaps to characters since it rarely works well.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Yooo how have I never seen this thread before.

I'm all in. Agumon would be absolutely perfect for Smash, and Pokemon VS Digimon in an official game would make Japan (and me) explode with pure hype

Graizen

Smash Champion
Yooo how have I never seen this thread before.

I'm all in. Agumon would be absolutely perfect for Smash, and Pokemon VS Digimon in an official game would make Japan (and me) explode with pure hype
Welcome to the Agumon for Smash temple!

Do you think Japan will love it?
Some people told me in Japan they don't even know about Digimon vs Pokémon.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Welcome to the Agumon for Smash temple!

Do you think Japan will love it?
Some people told me in Japan they don't even know about Digimon vs Pokémon.
Really? I'm surprised. I know Both Digimon and Pokemon are two of the most popular franchises in all of Japan. I'd be surprised if they never had the same rivalry as the west.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Really? I'm surprised. I know Both Digimon and Pokemon are two of the most popular franchises in all of Japan. I'd be surprised if they never had the same rivalry as the west.
Pokemon vs. Digimon was mostly an American thing.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Thats the point , i realy think Japan want this to happen!

But man , there are some negative people on this board sometimes, its hard to deal with.

Graizen

Smash Champion
We'll keep pushing for Agumon, it'll happen :D
I dont know. Making too many renders sounds hard. I think agumon and an evo should suffice.

Also, I dislike giving hándicaps to characters since it rarely works well.
i dunno if you have too many digivlutions the mechanic may become to complex, tough having him digivlove from koromon would be a neat on screen appearance
It could work as a handicap, as long as it's not a hassle like a certain Brawl mechanic was. :ultpokemontrainer: Plus dodging would be needed.
I like it as a concept but it'd need to fully test it to not kneecap him in game.
Elemental weaknesses were a cool idea for Pokemon trainer but because they forgot that all the cool character use fire, Ivysaur got the short end of an already tiny stick.
Pretty cool, regardless.
Welcome to the club :yoshi:
Funny how is almost impossible to not see how much the Eevee Tamagotchi will be based on the Digimon ones.

They are using Eevee just becouse he has alot of dfferent evolutions , just like all Digimon have.

The Pokémon Egg is almost the same as the Digimon Eggs, look:

tamagotchi-eevee-evolutions-600x498.jpg

And they are teasing 3 new evolutions for him!?
This is a BIG revelation for just a Tamagotchi.

For how much this is based on Digimon, i think they have biggers plans.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Funny how is almost impossible to not see how much the Eevee Tamagotchi will be based on the Digimon ones.

They are using Eevee just becouse he has alot of dfferent evolutions , just like all Digimon have.

The Pokémon Egg is almost the same as the Digimon Eggs, look:

View attachment 181261

And they are teasing 3 new evolutions for him!?
This is a BIG revelation for just a Tamagotchi.

For how much this is based on Digimon, i think they have biggers plans.
I hope that at the very least, this leads to a Pokémon x Digimon game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Pokemon and Digimon get a proper crossover like an RPG of some kind.

Still waiting to Mario and Sonic to platform together and for Crash and Spyro to team up outside a cutscene and a couple of games that don't exist.

Midoriki

Smash Cadet
Had a shower thought y'all might enjoy: A Digimon-Amiibo hybrid being released alongside Agumon as a DLC fighter. I've never gotten into Digimon myself, but the idea of caring for your digital pet and then being able to tap it into Smash and/or Digimon Survive sounds potentially really fun.

A few points for:
- Nintendo has already made Amiibo-Skylander hybrids.
- Nintendo and Bandai Namco clearly have talked about crossover digital pets to for the Eevee Tamagotchi to become a thing.
- Additional hardware revenue would be be a good reason for Nintendo to select Agumon as a DLC fighter for smash.

A few points against:
- There could be technical limitations in the Amiibo protocol that wouldn't allow this. Syncing between multiple games seems tricky.
- The physical digital pet, Smash, and/or Digimon Survive might all want to handle digivolution (or any other mechanic) in different ways.
- Would require *a lot* of coordination between multiple dev teams and multiple companies.

Don't think it's super likely to happen, but who knows. I think Agumon has a decent chance of being a DLC fighter regardless.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Had a shower thought y'all might enjoy: A Digimon-Amiibo hybrid being released alongside Agumon as a DLC fighter. I've never gotten into Digimon myself, but the idea of caring for your digital pet and then being able to tap it into Smash and/or Digimon Survive sounds potentially really fun.

A few points for:
- Nintendo and Bandai Namco clearly have talked about crossover digital pets to for the Eevee Tamagotchi to become a thing.
- Additional hardware revenue would be be a good reason for Nintendo to select Agumon as a DLC fighter for smash.

A few points against:
- There could be technical limitations in the Amiibo protocol that wouldn't allow this. Syncing between multiple games seems tricky.
- The physical digital pet, Smash, and/or Digimon Survive might all want to handle digivolution (or any other mechanic) in different ways.
- Would require *a lot* of coordination between multiple dev teams and multiple companies.

Don't think it's super likely to happen, but who knows. I think Agumon has a decent chance of being a DLC fighter regardless.
The studio that helped Nintendo on Zelda BotW is the one developing Digimon Survive. (Witchcraft)
So i think they had even more contact.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
I haven't posted in forever sooooo
Digimon is cool

A few points for:

A few points against:

it would be interessting to see how itd work
I hope Pokemon and Digimon get a proper crossover like an RPG of some kind.

Still waiting to Mario and Sonic to platform together and for Crash and Spyro to team up outside a cutscene and a couple of games that don't exist.
I hope that at the very least, this leads to a Pokémon x Digimon game.
We'll keep pushing for Agumon, it'll happen :D
It could work as a handicap, as long as it's not a hassle like a certain Brawl mechanic was. :ultpokemontrainer: Plus dodging would be needed.

You wanna know how cool Digimon would be in Smash?
Imagine this as a Final Smash for Agumon:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
You wanna know how cool Digimon would be in Smash?
Imagine this as a Final Smash for Agumon:

i dont think we should have digimon that originated in the anime as cool as omnimon as a final smash would be

edit: just saw bandai are releasing some pokemon toys in celebration of let's go sort of thing you like to share right

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Agumon's chances are pretty high. Namco Bandai are developing the game, and with the series getting an installment on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo could have Agumon put in the game to promote Survive. It's saddening that the boards can be so negative at times.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Yo free, have you played Digimon World 1, 2 and 3?
They are awesome man
Unfortunately, I havent but I have played Digimon World DS, Digimon dawn and digimon dusk. Digimon Rumble arena 1 and 2. and Digimon World 4.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I havent but I have played Digimon World DS, Digimon dawn and digimon dusk. Digimon Rumble arena 1 and 2. and Digimon World 4.
Try 1 , 2 and 3.
You will fliping love it.
My favorite Digimon game of all time is World 2.

Top Bottom